Ultimate Force

The Killing of a One-Eyed Bookie

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 09, 2002 on ITV

• Really Enjoyed this episode dealing with the IRA

I particularly liked this episode Of Ulitmate Force, it featured many fine actors to portrarying both IRA and English loyalist. The show from managed to stay partriotic to the UK with giving the Irish their due for their hardships and the hardships endured on both sides of this brutal conflict. I find Jamie Dravin did an excellent job in this episode in particular with being tortured and all. Ross Kemp as always in these early seasons maintains a high degree of intensity but still, I can't help but think of him as a figure slightly modeled after "Vic" on The Shield interns out of his willingness to go beyond the call of law in terms of brutality, and of course you reminds me of Kiefer Sutherland's character Jack Bauer on 24. A few of the Irish actors were really fine in this episode, particularly the red hair and leader the name of the actors escapes me, but I have seen him and other shows and has been equally good. I would think this episode might have been particularly controversial when it aired in the UK. I do hope it up so it's in the future they go back to Ireland and deal more in the subject, especially within hopes of peace, but I hope the show sticks with its principles of pulling no punches and that nonstop action.