Ultimate Spider-Man Forums

Sunday 11:00 AM on Disney XDIn Season

"Beetle Mania" - Official Discussion

MarvelComics1

[1]Jul 29, 2012
    • level: 15

Discuss the episode here!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TenTen

[2]Jul 31, 2012
    • level: 9

Spiderman and his friends go up against the Beetle. They are assigned to protect J. Jonah Jameson from the Beetle by going after him. Spidey also has to protect Mary Jane too when she has a job interview with J. Jonah Jameson. The Beetle has his early runs with Spiderman in the comics. This time he has to face Spidey and his friends on this alternate show. He easily took out Iron Fist, PowerMan, Nova, and White Tiger at the Bugle by one step at a time with no problems. Then it's up to Spidey to take him on one on one, and he was doing fine for awhile. His heroes friends were conscious and they start teaming up by going against him. You know it's hard to believe when you have five super heroes going against one villain with extra arsenal firepower. The heroes did have a hard time with the Beetle when he uses different type of weapons against them. The Beetle didn't say much in this episode, but he was finally defeated. I gotta say this episode is good in my book.

Edited on 07/31/2012 10:57pm
    Edited 2 total times.

RaizenYusuke

[3]Jul 31, 2012
    • level: 28
    Decent episode.

MajLorne

[4]Aug 1, 2012
    • level: 21
    7.2/10

Fights always good everyone playing their part as a team was good main 'enough already scene' was the portrait being shot at being shown again and again

I don't know much about beetle, but was he always that powerful? He seems like an Ironman villain than Spiderman one.

RaizenYusuke

[5]Aug 1, 2012
    • level: 28
    I know he has fought both Iron Man and Spider-Man. I think he started as an Iron Man villain though, but I am not entirely sure.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[6]Aug 6, 2012
    • level: 13
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I know he has fought both Iron Man and Spider-Man. I think he started as an Iron Man villain though, but I am not entirely sure.

The original Beetle started out as a Fantastic Four Villain. Over the years the Beetle has fought many other Marvel super heroes. On another note, is it me or isn't it very annoying how in the Ultimate Spiderman shows they freeze the scene to show either what's on Spiderman's mind or show those two ridiculus looking caricatures of himself on each of his shoulder's debating???

MajLorne

[7]Aug 6, 2012
    Interesting.
    And you are not the only one annoyed by the lame inner spidey's. They should stop hijacking the brand of spiderman and start up a deadpool show if they want this childish humor and 4th wall stuff.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[8]Aug 7, 2012
    MajLorne wrote:
    Interesting.
    And you are not the only one annoyed by the lame inner spidey's. They should stop hijacking the brand of spiderman and start up a deadpool show if they want this childish humor and 4th wall stuff.

Thanks! Glad to know that I am not alone. By the way, the Beetle was always that powerful. It was always hard to defeat The Beetle without killing him/her.

MajLorne

[9]Aug 7, 2012
    Interesting, good to know. The only time I saw beetle was on Ironman season 2 where ironman humorously 'squashed' him with a giant shoe. So it was quite a surprise to see how powerful this version of the beetle was.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[10]Aug 8, 2012
    MajLorne wrote:
    Interesting, good to know. The only time I saw beetle was on Ironman season 2 where ironman humorously 'squashed' him with a giant shoe. So it was quite a surprise to see how powerful this version of the beetle was.

The original Beetle was a dude and the second one was a female and they both were that powerful. However, in the year 2000 and later, the Beetle's power was watered down somewhat and the character was beaten up rather easily by most superheroes including Captain America and the Black Widow as a poster here mentioned.

MajLorne

[11]Aug 8, 2012
    Thanks. Good for beetle being a legit threat again.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[12]Aug 9, 2012
    MajLorne wrote:
    Thanks. Good for beetle being a legit threat again.

Agreed! I always thought The Beetle was potentially an interesting character.

bluecatcinema

[13]Aug 22, 2012
    • level: 61
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    MajLorne wrote:

The original Beetle was a dude and the second one was a female and they both were that powerful. However, in the year 2000 and later, the Beetle's power was watered down somewhat and the character was beaten up rather easily by most superheroes including Captain America and the Black Widow as a poster here mentioned.

Eventually, the original Beetle became a good guy, taking on the codename "Mach-I" ("Mach V" after several upgrades).

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[14]Aug 29, 2012
    bluecatcinema wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    MajLorne wrote:

Eventually, the original Beetle became a good guy, taking on the codename "Mach-I" ("Mach V" after several upgrades).

Indeed!