Ultimate Spider-Man Forums

Sunday 11:00 AM on Disney XDIn Season

"Doomed" - Official Discussion

MarvelComics1

[1]Apr 7, 2012
    • level: 15

Discuss the 4/8/12 episode "Doomed" here and only here. Enjoy!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MajLorne

[2]Apr 8, 2012
    • level: 21
    Episode was ok. Can't complain about the action, but I still hate those 'inner spidey' scenes. It seems about as annoying as last week's 2 parter. The Doombot the team captured was pretty cool. I guess I kinda found Nova 'hitting' on MJ as a little amusing. As it is bad enough that Spiderman has to deal with them on a daily basis, but now as also Peter.

RaizenYusuke

[3]Apr 9, 2012
    • level: 28

I thought it was pretty good. Peter is funniest when he gives out quips though. Doom was cool. They are developing the teammates, which is good. The rivalry with Nova reminds me of the early rivalry between Spider-Man and the Human Torch.

MarvelComics1

[4]Apr 9, 2012
    • level: 15

I think I'll be able to get used to the constant fourth-wall breaking and anime-style jokes, although Teen Titans definitely did a much better job with these jokes. Also, Titans was able to add in deep, serious moments (and episodes, for that matter), while it doesn't seem this series is capable of getting deep. As long as the episodes are interesting and rewarding at the end of the season, I'll be okay. I hope the series continues to develop these story arcs, such as the Norman/Doc-Ock story and the Doom story (if there even is a story arc developing there).

edmasterchaos

[5]Apr 9, 2012
    • level: 41

Kinda liked it. Last week had more laughs out of me, but it got a few smirks and chuckles. Plus the ending really was very good, Spider-man so used to the solo and being hated thing that he assumes he's off his first hero team, yet touched when they all have his back. Makes me wanna check when Spider-man first joined the Avengers to see if there's any moments like that. (The only early Spider-man/Avengers story i recall is ASM Annual #1 where the Avengers made him catch the Hulk if he wanted to join [Spoiler: Never before or after has someone needed to pass a test to join the avengers] and him failing since Bruce Banner is too nice a guy for Spidey to turn in, and that's the story of why Spider-man will never join the Avengers)

frostbite200

[6]Apr 10, 2012
    My opinion hasn't changed at all from last week, though it maybe starting to take hold.
    I did not appreciate the sitcom level character building/bickering between Nova and Spidey.

frosty_ice

[7]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 24
    It's getting a little better, while compared to last week's episode, but it still a lot to do, before it reaches the same level as "Spider-Man" or "Spectacular Spider-Man" (now that I think about it, there's another franchise that is always rewriting itself, and has done it so well that people get used to it in a jiffy... Scooby-Doo). We'll see what next wekk brings us.

tv21

[8]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 9
    I hated the fact that Spectacular got cut so early and the addition of 4(!) other heroes to the regular cast seemed to me as an awfull idea. Nevertheless I decide to wach the show. So far I can't say I like at all. I meen the anymation is far superior compared to its predecessors but apart from that I believe it all worse. Three episodes already and Spidey has not faced any of his classic villains. And given the fact that the next episode is titled "Venom" I cant see how they are going to introduce him without totally destoying his mythology.

Overall i'm utterly dissapointed and hope it gets cut soon so another spidey cartoon replaces it.

Flashheat

[9]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 13
    "Doom demands a banana split!"

MajLorne

[10]Apr 12, 2012
    tv21 wrote:
    I hated the fact that Spectacular got cut so early and the addition of 4(!) other heroes to the regular cast seemed to me as an awfull idea. Nevertheless I decide to wach the show. So far I can't say I like at all. I meen the anymation is far superior compared to its predecessors but apart from that I believe it all worse. Three episodes already and Spidey has not faced any of his classic villains. And given the fact that the next episode is titled "Venom" I cant see how they are going to introduce him without totally destoying his mythology.

Overall i'm utterly dissapointed and hope it gets cut soon so another spidey cartoon replaces it.
    Agreed. The opening 2 eps should be renamed: Great potential, lack of responsibility. Basically this could've been a great show, but there's just some faults with the show that makes it cringe worthy, and that's very disappointing considering how good the 90s show and Spectacular were. I want Greg W. brought back to handle the direction of this show!

Rainos

[11]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 2

The only thing I liked was the seagull in the window. That was great!

Flashheat

[12]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 13
    I still find it hilarious they thought they could take DR DOOM of all people.

frostbite200

[13]Apr 14, 2012

Flashheat wrote:
    I still find it hilarious they thought they could take DR DOOM of all people.
    I know, The Avengers have trouble with him some times...lol

Edited on 04/14/2012 4:22am

edmasterchaos

[14]Apr 14, 2012
    • level: 41

They need to do this episode again, pretty much exactly as it is, but instead of Dr. Doom they fight Namor. It will be the best.