Ultimate Spider-Man Forums

Sunday 11:00 AM on Disney XDIn Season

Official Season 2 Discussion

RaizenYusuke

[1]Jan 26, 2013
    • level: 28

The series enters its second season. I saw premiere episode with the Lizard so far. The team stopped bickering like school kids and adjusted to living together. I wish the humor matured a little bit though. Spidey still seems too immature. The cutaway scenes returned and it killed some of the scenes. I'll stick in there and see where it is going with Sinster Six arc before I quit on it. There is some good moments, like Spider-Man and Dr. Conners relationship, Nova marked improvement, since he is actually acting more considered to people, and I'm glad they are introducing more classic Spider-Man villains this season and hope Venom doesn't take so many episodes again. The show still has potential, I just hope it tries to do more.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MajLorne

[2]Feb 4, 2013
    • level: 21

The lizard ep was ok. The electro ep was a bit like the living laser and the scene with the costume mix up, how does that happen? I thought they are supposed to have their costumes hidden under their clothes?

The rhino ep sucked, I refuse to accept some scrawny kid becoming a giant mutant rhino. The kraven the hunter ep seems to be the best ep, I don't think there were much of the gags and it seemed fairly strait forward and finally a white tiger centric episode. Probably as good as the nightmare one from season one with the dr strange teamup.

Edited on 02/04/2013 5:32pm
    Edited 3 total times.

RaizenYusuke

[3]Feb 4, 2013

I've only seen one episode so far. I'm going to try to get caught up. I saw part of the Rhino episode. He was a kid who was bullied right? That felt kind of weird and ASOP episodes about bullying.

TenTen

[4]Feb 6, 2013
    • level: 8

I saw all four episodes and I'm glad they start showing some Spiderman's original villains. I also did my reviews on the episode guide. Next up Spiderman team up with Hawkeye against the Beetle.

Edited on 02/06/2013 2:58pm

MajLorne

[5]Feb 16, 2013
    Tomorrows ep should be interesting. Spidey will be taking on the sinister six. I just wonder who the 6 will be (ill likely guess at least doc oc and sandman) and if they will try to make it a 2 parter for a change.

TenTen

[6]Feb 16, 2013
    So far the five teams we will know is Electro, Beetle, Kraven, Lizard, and Rhino. I' am to curious to know who would be the mysterious sixth would be.

MajLorne

[7]Feb 17, 2013
    No surprise it was doc oc. You can't have a sinister six without doc oc being involved. Now I missed a few scenes, but how the hell did 4 of them escape? And why not bring back sandman since the first helicarrier went down and he was probably still on it? I mean its like this episode just threw out what happened in the previous eps this season. Also how did electro survive walking thru the sewers?

VirusMonster

[8]Feb 25, 2013
    • level: 15

OK... is anyone watching this anymore? After theSinisterSix episode I think I'm dropping this show... I mean I liked it a bit and some of Spidey's one-liners actually were Spider-Man worthy like "Do you have a pencil I could scribble that down?" or something like that but I REALLY WISH they take out the dang cut-aways because it really kills the action in the scene where I want them to continue the fights instead of Spidey breaking the fourth wall.

Only Kraven the Hunter and Sinister Six episodes were pretty good for Season 2 of Ultimate Spider-Man... but I really cannot watch this anymore. I'll look up the episodes online if they're interesting to look at but this is the WEAKEST of the Spider-Man cartoon shows and I enjoyed most of them (I never saw Spider-Man: The New Animated Series) the old 90's Spider-Man, Spider-Man Unlimited, The Spectacular Spider-Man to name a few.

This... I really cannot get into it. It's OK, but even my little brother doesn't watch it and he talks to me about Spider-Man a lot especially when I play the Spider-Man games I have and when I watch the other shows, but not Ultimate Spider-Man animated series.

RaizenYusuke

[9]Feb 26, 2013

Sinster Six was decent. The action was good. Doc Ock and Spidey's leadership comparison worked pretty well. The Sinster Six was surprisingly deadly. I wasn't sure how the Sinster Six could keep its presence as a meancing and threatening group, with Spider-Man having his own team, who had more experience working together, but they pulled it off. The ending with Connors/Lizard escaping set up a good story arc. I only wonder if the writers will be able to pull it off or if it will be flat.

I haven't kept up with this season. I saw Lizard and Sinster Six all the way through. I saw part of the Rhino one and some of the Kraven one. I'm not that into the series to be honest. I'll check in on it from time to time, but nothing serious. It is alright. I just hope the next Marvel shows,the new Hulk series andAvengers Assemble aren't so 1 dimensional. Marvel has been good with shows with character driven and plots that both kids and adults enjoy. They shouldn't start dumbing it down.

MajLorne

[10]Mar 10, 2013
    Wow, I wonder what's up with this hiatus. Don't they know the mistakes done to avengers and young justice that if the breaks takes too long the audience is gonna go away? Just saying.

TenTen

[11]Mar 24, 2013
    I just watch the new episode of Ultimate Spiderman which is called Spidah-man and the next new episode will be the return of the Ultimate Green Goblin unleashing Carnage.

Flashheat

[12]Apr 1, 2013
    • level: 13
    Have to admit, I enjoyed the Carnage episode.

MajLorne

[13]Apr 3, 2013
    I'm disappointed the 'symbiotes' aren't of alien origin. It also felt a little cheap that Harry absorbed the 'suit' into him and became venom again. I just hope the Harry as venom storyline is over.

TenTen

[16]Apr 19, 2013
    Hiya there, did anyone enjoy the Man-Wolf episode. Did anyone think this episode was decent. He's also known as the Stargod.

AndyRogan

[17]Apr 24, 2013
    • level: 3

I'm finally catching up (thanks to zero advertising about it returning).

Rhinois a kid - Terrible

Carnage is Peter - Dreadful

Carnage and Venom being the same symbiote, rather than 2 different ones - Unforgivable.

In the Ultimate comics, the symbiote was always man-made, not alien.

The episode "Spidah-Man", it felt like a rip off from "The Incredibles". Kid wants to be just like his hero, told its too dangerous. Becomes supervillain.

I hope it gets cancelled so the team can put more effort into the new shows (Avengers Assemble, Hulk, Agent of Shield)

Edited on 04/24/2013 3:19am

RaizenYusuke

[18]Apr 30, 2013
    I also enjoyed he Carnage episode. This show is actually decent when they cut out the gag clips and cutaway scenes. The battle with Goblin and Venom was actually emotional and made me feel for Harry, Peter, and even Norman toward the end when he admitted he was proud of Harry for showing compassion rather than being Venom. I don't read the Ultimate comics, but read the symbiotes in that universe were man made, so I don't have much issues for a show called Ultimate Spider-Man to use Ulimate elements. What bothered me was Carnage was so quickly resolved. Peter as Carnage could have explored some guilt or other emotions that they ignore with this Peter Parker. If he had actually hurt Harry or one of his Spider-Friends it could have followed him for the rest of the season. Despite all the life lessons this Spidey gets I feel like at the end of the episode it is all forgotten and he goes back to square one just to learn another lesson. I don't think this show is getting another season. I predict it will end a 52 episodes, since most cartoon shows shot for 52 or 65 episodes for syndcation purposes.

TenTen

[19]May 30, 2013

So far they haven't release any new episodes lately. They have 16 more episodes left to finish up to 52 to end the second season. We don't know if they can finish up to 52 episodes. Look what happen to Young Justice series and they only went up to 46 episodes. They can at least try to finish up to 52 episodes instead of 46.

Edited on 05/30/2013 2:00pm

TenTen

[20]Jun 2, 2013

They finally aired a new episode, and it took them long enough. I wonder the Swarm episode would be good like the last episode of The Man-Wolf.