Ultimate Spider-Man Forums

Sunday 11:00 AM on Disney XDIn Season

Season 1 Progress?

RaizenYusuke

[1]Sep 16, 2012
    • level: 28

I haven't kept up with these series and I haven't found much incentive to either. I stopped watching regularly with Zodic and Fury/Parker team up. I wanted to ask how the season has progressed so far to see if I should try to catch up on episodes.

Have they reduced the number of cut away scenes?

Are the characters, like Iron Fist, White Tiger, Nova, and Power Man actually developing or are they still one dimensional?

Is the show still filled with guest stars or have they limited them to focus on their own cast?

Is the Norman plot line still the main storyline or are they introducing some other things to the series for future developments?

Thank you in advance.I want to know if I should give this show another shot or not. The characters are boring and shallow and it makes me dreadthe new Hulk and Avengers series will be something stupidly simplistic that it isn't engaging at all like this show. I hoping that this series is evolving into something more.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MajLorne

[2]Sep 25, 2012
    • level: 21
    Cut away scenes are still there, hard to say if it was as bad as it was at the start.

There's been some more 'guest stars' Hulk and Thor both returning.

The team are still the same 1 dimensional characters.

Seems like the Norman plotline stopped after Doc Oc's lab was destroyed.

I won't blame you if you stopped watching. I'm going to finish the season for the sake of it in hopes things might improve, but season2, I'll likely just dvr and ff thru the lame segments or get a quick view of the ep and then erasing it.

bluecatcinema

[3]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 61
    The Norman plotline picked back up in this weeks ep. The season finale will be called "Rise of the Goblin." I think you can guess what's going to happen...

frosty_ice

[4]Oct 18, 2012
    • level: 24

From what 've seen (and it wasn't much), season 1 is a disaster. Please, cancel it already, nobody likes it! (at least there isn't a single Spider-Man that I know that enjoys watching this. It's like watching a more annoying version of Deadpool).

edmasterchaos

[5]Oct 23, 2012
    • level: 41

frosty_ice wrote:

From what 've seen (and it wasn't much), season 1 is a disaster. Please, cancel it already, nobody likes it! (at least there isn't a single Spider-Man that I know that enjoys watching this. It's like watching a more annoying version of Deadpool).

Disney ordered a second season a few months back due to its high ratings.

gr297689

[6]Nov 4, 2012
    • level: 3

I really hate to say it but I'm tolerating cut-away, breaking 4th wall, scenes....its really too bad, Tolerating with a captial T, barely. Love Spiderman but series doesn't take itself seriously.

edmasterchaos

[7]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 41

Season 1 finale was pretty tight and I loved how it ended at, here's for a season 2 that brings more badass and less comedy.

wittydal

[8]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 3

I happen to enjoy the comedy in the series. Just because it's not serious most of the time, like the 90s show doesn't mean it's not good. I wasn't much of a fan of the finale, but overall love this show. It's one of my favorite shows on TV.

Edited on 11/09/2012 9:32am

RaizenYusuke

[9]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 28

I saw the episode with Captain America and actually liked it. I liked their version of Captain America and the teamup with Spidey against Doom. The plot of Spidey losing the shield was kind of funny.

I saw the second part of the finale and I liked that one too. Venom and Goblin team up and loved the serious Spider-Man and less cutaway scenes. There was actual character development for the characters. Like ed I hope this finale is what the series will become. Comdey angle is not bad, but forced jokes and cutaway scenes do make the quality go down IMO. They don't need to get rid of it entirely, but like they did in the finale they toned it down, which went a long way.

MajLorne

[10]Dec 9, 2012
    What I didn't like was how Venom and Goblin [well mainly Goblin] caused the helicarrier to crash. I get the point was to keep Harry safe, but damn, one mad man causes the ship to go down like that? How can Fury let that happen? That's pretty much my issue with the finale about how easily the carrier was destroyed the way it was.

TenTen

[11]Jan 5, 2013
    • level: 8

I do like some of the episodes in season 1 especially the last two episodes of the Ultimate Green Goblin. So far they only show four of the original Spiderman's villains which are Venom, Doctor Octopus, Sandman, and The Ultimate Green Goblin. The Beetle doesn't really count because he wasn't the first Spiderman villain, but he is part of Spidey's villain's life anyway. Just like Doctor Doom who is also not the first enemy of Spiderman. He did fought him in the early series of the original amazing spiderman comics which is Amazing Spiderman issue 5. Doctor Doom is also part of Spidey's life and Spiderman became his second major enemy in The Amazing Spiderman comics. I do know in the second season of the Ultimate Spiderman they will introduce the Lizard including the insideous six like Electro, Kraven, Beetle, Rhino, and with Lizard. They also mentioned a mysterious sixth member of the team whoever that may be. I can't wait for the second season to start.

Edited on 02/16/2013 8:17pm
    Edited 2 total times.

MajLorne

[12]Jan 20, 2013
    I hope they don't pc it and instead call them who they really are: the sinister 6. Anyways tonite is the 1 hr premier of season 2. 7pm eastern.

TenTen

[13]Feb 16, 2013
    • level: 8

I actually meant Sinister Six.

Edited on 02/16/2013 11:29pm

MajLorne

[14]Feb 17, 2013

Fox kids censored stuff like crazy, I'm still trying to forget that other name. Credit to this show they used the word sinister. Lol, I had no idea you can still edit posts that long ago.

Edited on 02/17/2013 9:56am