Ultimate Spider-Man

Freaky

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Jun 17, 2012 on Disney XD

7.3
  • Something freaky!

"Freaky" is pulled right from the pages of the Ultimate Spider-Man comic book arc "Superstars" in which Wolverine and Peter Parker accidentally switch bodies.

For the most part, the episode sticks fairly close to the source material, if admittedly taking a much more humorous route. There is not all that much I can say about the episode other than it's a PG version of story that only lasted #2 or so issues and that all the lingering character threads are not so neatly tucked away because this show does what to deal with that, even though a majority of the same events occur.

So while this is probably one of the better quality and faithful installments the show has produced, it still lacks any real character or plot movement, that reminds me why I loved the book and Spider-Man in general.

The truing baffling thing I find about this episode is that the writer(s) went out of their way to use the 616 version of Wolverine instead of the Ultimate one which is the one that appeared in the book (which the show's title masquerades under) and Bryan Singer's X-Men movie