Ultimate Spider-Man

Sunday 11:00 AM on Disney XD Premiered Apr 01, 2012 In Season

Ultimate Spider-Man Fan Reviews (39)

• Ultimate in its own right

It's always been fun to see comics I've read throughout my life transformed into tv shows and movies, and this one is fun as well. Everything is changed in this, and when I say everything, I mean everything. This doesn't necessarily mean bad though. This show plays on Disney XD. Disney XD, what really was to be expected? This is a channel meant for little kids, if they had wanted to make a good show about Spiderman that followed the plot line, they very easily would have. It's not that hard with Spiderman. As mentioned earlier though, this is definitely made for little kids though, while we may not think breaking the fourth wall is funny or Spiderman-like, it's a goofy way that Spiderman can communicate to the younger audience that it's targeted at. A lot of kiddies like that. The whole superhero team is easily thrown in there because being on a team and working together is an theme that kid shows try to teach kids. While a Spiderman show that showcased everything that actually happens would have been great to have, I like to think in it's own way it's ultimate. I've noticed most episodes have a general theme or message that they are trying to get across, like most kid shows that are targeted at age group. It's not quite educational, but it can teach kids a few things along the way. All in all I definitely would've rather watched this, than any sort of show with a message when I was a kid. It's goofy, fun, and it has Spidey. I'll continue watching, won't be the best Spiderman show I've ever seen by far, but it isn't too bad, especially if your a seven year old watching cartoons.