Ultraman Tiga

FOX (ended 2003)

Ultraman Tiga Fan Reviews (5)

6.2
  • WHY WAS IT CANCELED!

Wtf foxbox. You give us one of the best tokusatsu's ever made and then close to half way through the series YOU CANCEL IT!

Besides being cancelled this is one of the many tokusatsu's that could have gone big and changed the image of tokusatsu in america to something more then Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

The voices were alright but wakeing up at 9 every Saturday morning In my freshmen year was a little bit of a pain in the ass.

I will someday buy the Subs and the Dubbs cause i liked this series so much.
  • Fantastic new Ultraman series that was destroyed by a really poor US dub and viewing schedule.

Ultraman Tiga was the latest incarnation of the ever popular Japanese cult icon Ultraman series to reach the US shores. Unfortunately, the dubbing for the new series and 4Kids dubbing for the Fox Box did not do this series justice. Since the original Ultraman no one in the US seems to know how to market the series here. There is somthing truly unique about Ultraman that is iconic in Japanese culture that has never had the impact this side of the Pacific. The original Ultraman series did quite well in the US and several attempts to revive it's popularity over here have met with little to no success. The short lived series Ultraman: Toward the Future was the last to be broadcast on US shores around the time Power Rangers popularity was just really starting. Since then Power Rangers has been going strong and despite a few more Ultra shows they never made it over here.

Ultraman Tiga is considered one of the best of the newer Ultra series. There are a lot of tributes to the original series (including an episode featuring the original Ultraman!) and the action is fierce. In its original uncut and unedited format (thankfully on DVD). Ultraman Tiga shines with decent special effects and some really strong storylines. There are a couple two parters which are well written and all the characters are developed in their own way.

Ultraman Tiga himself is particularly cool because of his different power modes and each modes unique fighting ability. This series also feature some fantastic monster (kaiju) suit designs with some spectacular battles. All in all it was a great series that after 52 episdoes, that's right 52, has a fantastic and spectacular conclusion. There have since been a number of movies to feature Ultraman Tiga, a few of which are on DVD in the US. Great cast, strong special effects and in particular strong stories made this a great 30th anniversary series that is not to be missed.
  • When super is just not enough, you need to get Ultraman Tiga™!

2.5
    Set in a futuristic world, the red, blue and silver Ultraman Tiga transforms from his secret human identity into a 10-story giant to battle mega-monsters who threaten mankind. Along for the ride are a team of monster-busting humans equipped with high-tech weapons and vehicles. Although they try their best to stop evil, they always fail - and Ultraman Tiga must step in to save the day.

For more than 30 years, the Japanese superhero icon known as "Ultraman" has been destroying hundreds of monsters and saving the universe.

First of all, 4Kids should have never picked up this show. The dubbing was terrible, it was even worse than Godzilla. This show couldn't have made it far with the terrible dubbing by 4Kids Entertainment.
  • Ultraman Tiga upholds his giant superhero tradition by defending the world from giant monsters in this cheesy and childish dub.

4.6
    I try to be openminded. It doesn't work all the time, but I tried to watch Ultraman Tiga when all my tokusatsu fan buddies derided it. They were, unfortunately, exactly right. 4 Kids took a pretty serious show and filled it with childish humor, dumbing it down because that's what we think entertains our kids in America. And for some reason they eliminated many (but not all) allusions to death in this show, so it's not just dumb, it's inconsistent about what it thinks kids shouldn't see. The action wasn't bad and the monsters were decent, but the nonsense served up in the majority of the episodes drags the good stuff down.
  • Ultraman sells out

This is the most retarded Ultraman I have ever seen. Not the costume, mind you but the music. It submits to the stupid "Superhero" themes that made superman famous. Typical American-ized version of a good Japanese show. I wish they stopped messing with the sound of the Power Rangers and Ultraman shows.
    The fights are okay. Ultraman Tiga has interesting weapons. Okay show for kids. Dumb for teens. Stupid as hell to adults.