Ultraman: Towards the Future

FOX (ended 1992)

Ultraman: Towards the Future Fan Reviews (3)

6.6
  • I was hoping that his would do much better than he actually did. I wonder if he done his eye make-up himself or if someone else done that for him?

6.9
    I was hoping that his would do much better than he actually did. I wonder if he done his eye make-up himself or if someone else done that for him? I don't know what to say about both hte characters I just don't like them. He reminds me of Constantine from last season, except Constantine could at least sing.
  • UMA will return..someday...

After seeing this on television when I was five I always had the impression that this show was one of the more refined, down-to-earth and impressive Ultra series. It was, after all, the first series since the early eighties, and the next Japanese Ultra series (with the exception of Ultra Seven-21...I think), Ultraman Zearth, wouldn\'t be around until the mid-nineties.
    My impression wasn\'t quite right, though, as I discovered over 12 years later.
    But that doesn\'t mean Ultraman Great and UMA don\'t deserve another series. If anything, I think the next time Ultraman is introduced to American audiences it should be through UMA in an Ultraman: Towards the Future spinoff.
    Personally, I believe the wave of the future for special effects in film and on television will have to blend the styles of Hollywood and Tokusatsu, so hopefully the best is yet to come.
  • Too clever to be a kids show

To put it short. Ultraman: Towards the future is one of the best Ultra-series I have seen. It was filmed in Australia which make for some beautiful settings, great lighting and good acting. The music at the beginning captures you as it is done by an orchestra while a slow barrage of clips show different monsters destroying everything and Ultraman coming to save the day. He isn't a cheesy hero at all. He fails in terms of saving someone in the very beginning of the series which translates into the strength he needed to defeat the monster out of anger. Not a typical overpowered hero that creates weak conflict between monsters. Great special effects. Owns Power Rangers.