Ultraman Forums

(ended 1967)

Ultraman

prinzAdam

[1]Aug 6, 2006
    • level: 1

Hey Guys,

Japanese TV show Ultraman (from the creators of Godzilla) is now available on DVD. You can check it out at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FFJ8GW/qid=1153111705/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-0698442-0956626?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

davinme

[2]Aug 7, 2006
    • level: 17
    I've already purchased my copy and despite the negative reviews there I believe this is a quality release.  The picture is quite good for a series this old and the translation seems decent.

I know a lot of people are complaining about it switching back to the original Japanese with the english dub but people forget that when the US dub was done they also cut some scenes and didn't completely dub the episodes.

Nice to have the original Ultraman on DVD.  I look forward to set. #2

ryuuseipro

[3]Jul 7, 2007
    • level: 11

davinme wrote:
    I've already purchased my copy and despite the negative reviews there I believe this is a quality release. The picture is quite good for a series this old and the translation seems decent.

I know a lot of people are complaining about it switching back to the original Japanese with the english dub but people forget that when the US dub was done they also cut some scenes and didn't completely dub the episodes.

Nice to have the original Ultraman on DVD. I look forward to set. #2

This is not a legit release.

And BTW, the English dubs are complete and uncut (save a small cut at the end of Episode 36, "Gift from the Sky"). Tsuburaya still holds on to the US version materials, and would not provide them to BCI, which had to resort to old edited TV recordings.

You will understand the legal quagmire the Ultra Series is in if you read the following article (and I mean really read!):

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2007/07/01/legal-victories-for-tsuburaya-productions/

Although BCI is a reputable company, this is their one dubious release, and one I will not support. For all things Ultraman, my allegiance is with Tsuburaya Productions.

cherren

[4]Oct 6, 2008
    • level: 1
    can i noe where to watch onlne ultraman series except youtube