Ultraman

(ended 1967)

Ultraman Fan Reviews (7)

• The original is always the best!

When I was younger, I was a really big fan of Ultraman. The original series, aka this one. It's always been my favorite, and I'd always like to watch the episodes over and over again. Once they came out with more series' they started getting kind of.. boring.. I couldn't get into the other series' like this one. Back on topic, try and find DVD's of this series, watch episode's on the internet, and trust me you will enjoy it. Its a very good series for your family to watch, you will get a few laughs from it (episode 2).. Trust me.. would I lie to you? Its also great for fans of Japanese people in rubber monster suits. And fans of the Godzilla series.
  • Great Show!

As big as of Kaiju fan I am, I couldn't pass up this original classic show. It's everything you want when you're kid, and now, sum 20 years later, the Kaiju eiga is still apart of your life... a big part.

There's 39 episodes from this series.. the second of many Ultraman shows. You get great stories, and awesome looking giant monsters throughout the show. It's definately recommended to any fan of Giant Monster films, and people who are into Japanese Cinema. You might like it if you're just into sci-fi. It's a great show from this legendary long running franchise.
  • A true icon of the genre.

I'm not old enough to remember when this show first hit the airwaves, but I wish I could've been there to see it on actual TV. The show's basically a series of short of Godzilla movies (and one of Ultraman's many enemies bears a suspicious resemblance to the King of the Monsters ;) ), except the humans are helped by an alien superhero who has the power to grow to super-size, fly, and shoot all kinds of deadly lasers out of his hands. The downside is he uses up energy so fast that if he doesn't finish the job in a few minutes he'll "never rise again" as the narrator helpfully informs us. Anybody who ever enjoyed a Godzilla movie would enjoy this.
  • One of the best shows ever.

This is one of my favorites and it is what got me into The Power Rangers.It has also just come out on DVD the frist 20 episodes in a three disc set.I just got it this week and it shows just how great this show was.I hope that more good ones are put on DVD the last one that aired on Fox was not good in my mind it was to campey(spelling?) for my taste but there are also good anime or cartoons ones out there.I hope one day to see a USA prod. of the show.It is one of the best shows I have ever seen.
  • This hero inspired me in my childhood.

When I watched on TV I dreamed to be a hero because HE WAS INVENCIBLE!!! Ultraman was a fantasious hero that changing our real life in a good life.
    I know that it´s impossible to appear a new hero like him in the nexts days.
    I´m sorry if I wrote wrong. I´m still learning english.
  • Ultraman was one of the first metallic heroes during the whole giant monster craze of the 60's and Godzilla.

7.6
    This series had a special charm about it, part
    kids show and part action show, Ultraman was
    always great fun to watch. They even blended
    some special effects and made it pretty convincing, this was before CGI and computers
    were now the mainstream. Stories were ok
    but the action was always pretty decent.

This is a special show that deserves to be
    reaired.
  • Got the entire series from www.iwantthatondvd.com and the quality is fantastic. The series is excellent. They have all 39 episodes on 4 DVDs, interactive menus, NTSC, all region, bonus features like an episode of Ultraman Ace, rare Japanese opening credi

Got the entire series from www.iwantthatondvd.com and the quality is fantastic. The series is excellent. They have all 39 episodes on 4 DVDs, interactive menus, NTSC, all region, bonus features like an episode of Ultraman Ace, rare Japanese opening credits, about 6 minutes of restored footage and they even have all the sequel series.