Under the Dome

Imperfect Circles

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Aug 05, 2013 on CBS

7.8
  • Dropped a few pegs in the credibility scale.

This show has dropped a few pegs in the credibility scale, not that it was very credible to start with, but... The purple egg.. Really?. This has just reached Warehouse 13 levels of crediblity.
  • Interesting...

Some interesting development with the dome, or should I say domes? No idea what any of this means. We're getting more and more questions, an d I sure hope answers are forthcoming.

Interesting scenes as well with a delivery on the way and a lot fo drama in those scenes, with an unfortunate event at the end.

Overall, it's coming together nicely. Good side storyline with Big Jim, as well as the police hunt. I'm looking forward to next week!
  • Things are looking up... for us,at least, if not for the townsfolk.

You know, it's very possible that Stockholm Syndrome has set in here, but I swear to you, I actually liked this episode. Liked it! Not in spite of myself, or despite its faults well, okay, a little bit and not just in comparison to all the others or when measured against what have become low, low expectations. I just genuinely enjoyed myself this time out, and am filled with a new hope for the future of the series as a whole.

Trust me, no one is more shocked than I.

Oh, the episode had its issues, of course. Many, many issues. Nevertheless, I really dug "Imperfect There was action. Intrigue. Love and hate and loss and heartache, both present and promised in the future. Maybe it was seeing Big Jim brought low. Maybe it's that I'm no longer fretting about how Angie is managing to go to the bathroom while chained to a bed in a bomb shelter. Maybe it was all the blooming romances, the fearless killing off of Norrie's more famous mom, or just that there was lots of Ben. It might even have been the sight of the alien space egg, controlling them all for its own enigmatic reasons. But whatever it is either singly or in combination suddenly I am actually looking forward to next week's episode, and that hasn't happened since the end of the pilot.

Come on, UNDER THE DOME. You've raised my expectations ever so slightly higher. Now let's see if you can meet them

~ FULL REVIEW AT GEEK SPEAK MAGAZINE ~
  • Ugh! Yawn! Please!

Yawn, so annoyed by hollow relationship scenes with nothing connecting them with the overall story. Well, they did that to the lesbian story also, so I figure, we finally have established equality - albeit with the lowest common denominator: Scenes and Relationships in tv shows, that are meant to be heart wrenching and just annoy you with their emptiness. How come real life stories from the people you live next door with are so much more interesting?
  • Imperfect Signals.

5.5
    I am a glutton for punishment by watching this show every week, a Dome baby was born and when Alice died, Norrie went out screaming and the Baby Dome Egg switched on. It really was a beautiful shade of purple, this really was imperfection and The Borg Do Not Tolerate Imperfection. The Borg Beacon Might Have Been Activated, But We Are Not Coming Back To Rescue You. ( Well Maybe We Might Rescue Barbie, That Is Not Imperfection).