An Under the Dome Community
CBS (ended 2015)

You know what they say. When an Angie comes out of her bunker/burrow and sees her shadow, it means one more season of Under the Dome. CBS has ordered a second round of its adaptation of Stephen King's novel, just five episodes into the show's first season. The announcement was made in tandem with CBS's session at the Television Critics Association press tour that's currently underway in Los Angeles. 

The network has asked for 13 more episodes of the summer super-smash that way back when was initially billed as a "limited event," with an eye on 2014 for more dome-related trauma. The King himself, Stephen, will write the Season 2 opener. The series has been averaging a substantial 13.84 million viewers and a 3.5 adult demo rating in live-plus-same-day ratings, dome-inating the competition. Last week's episode showed little sign of slowing down, drawing 11.37 million for the live broadcast. (Because nothing else is on.)

This show isn't very good. At all. But look at those gaudy numbers! CBS would have been dome dumb not to give it a second season. Who cares if that means stretching things out with episodes about fires, meningitis outbreaks, or MOABs. Maybe now we'll have time for termites, a flat tire, and a backed-up toilet. But hey, these everyday problems get magnified, when you're... Under the Dome.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/10/2015

Season 3 : Episode 13

295 Comments
Comments (295)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
well personally i like under the dome and so does my family. i think everyone on here has the own opinion about things some may bash and some like it so who cares really... I would love to know what happened to barbie. and why the egg went crazy when it got put in water lol i have red some of the book and i know in the book the egg was really a box. and for people who keep saying things about the book and the show. go read the comic books for the walking dead it has yet to follow but maybe half of the comic so why is this any different they don't want you to be able to read the book and know what is gonna happen on the show that would be pointless.
Flag
I found a very good, romantic show that should keep us until Season 2 of Under The Dome.

Beauty and the Beast': Jay Ryan and Kristin Kreuk talk Season 2 romance in 'Kidnapped. I love it, its worth your time.

Flag
I've enjoyed watching this show. It's not like some of the other shows on TV. You know, the ones that are duplicates of other shows (with small changes here and there, so that you think you're getting something "new.") Okay, so the show didn't end when you initially thought it would, big deal. Get over it. So many people want what they want when they want it. Then, when they don't get what they want they throw a fit and act really ugly. You can either be patient and wait to find out how it ends, or don't watch the next season. I don't see them stretching this out for years. I would hope they wouldn't be that dumb to try something like that, but I wouldn't say no to another season. I honestly don't get why so many people are being so negative. If it's not for you, don't watch it. You're entitled to dislike it, but that doesn't mean you have to bash it. Okay, so it's different than the book...how many movies/shows have you seen that stay true to their original book version 100%??
Flag
there sure is lot of people on here bashing the show. Maybe other people think the shows you like are stupid.it is as easy as changing the channel but no you sit thru each episode and then go online and trash it.maybe you need to find something more constructive to do with your time? Lot of shows are bad and need to end. Look at greys anatomy. How many episodes can you do about over privileged doctors in some random love triangle or some incurable disease? under the dome is a young show based loosely off a book. If you want the story line from the book then read it twice."i don't like this show but I will spend time crying about how bad each episode is"continue to watch and hate,13 million viewrs cant be wrong.
Flag
Omg this pissed me off. I need more I want them to kill big Jim he has to die
Flag
Some of this stuff is just corny; they better have a way to tell what the dome is and why, I agree with other comments, we only watched it to find out the answer. Once ratings drop, will you finish the show or just leave it hanging. Very disappointed with the "finale".
Flag
The only reason we are watching this crap is to find out what the dome is. Just found out about the second season. Fool me once shame on you - fool me twice shame on me!
Flag
hey bob eat a dick !!!!!!!
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
you like shows like greys anatomy and thing its t.v. fucking royalty fuck you and all the shows you like!!!!!!
Flag
This show is horrible...the only thing it has in common with the book is that they both had a dome. Almost every character is different. For one, Norrie Calvert was a resident of chestermills. Junior has migraines/brain tumor that causes him to kill angie in literally the first 50 pages along with many others. I wasn't able to put the book down, the show however is a complete disappointment. Spielberg should be ashamed for what kind of product he's putting out....truly disgusted
Flag
hahaha
Flag
I'd like to un-see this.
Flag
The novel was BIG and had plenty of plotlines so I don't think it will be a problem 'stretching things out' with the series. Other series have found their direction and grow after several episodes so I expect Under the Dome to do the same. I see the glass as half full.
Great news that Stephen King will be writing the first episode next season.
I'll be watching.

Flag
First this writer spends his/her time bashing Suits, now he/she ignorantly bashes Under The Dome. You really need to get a life. Like Suits, Under The Dome is a great TV show. It truly beats the reality crap that is on TV today.
Flag
Read the book and you will be eating your words...rather watch big brother then this garbage
Flag
umm...the writer's name is "Tim". So, you know...obviously the writer is a she.
Flag
This is what I learned from reading the comment sections of The Following and Revolution; no matter how objectively bad, and technically terrible a show is, people will find delusional reasons to make themselves believe that what they're watching is actually quality. The worst use the False Dilemma fallacy. Just because reality TV sucks, doesn't mean Under the Dome is good. There are other options out there, and comparing burnt waffles to dog shit doesn't magically make me enjoy charred waffles any more. And in what way is Tim "ignorantly" bashing Under the Dome? He's pretty spot on with his critiques.

No one's saying you're not allowed to enjoy the show, but don't make the mistake of thinking others aren't allowed to bash it.
Flag
Great news!!!
Flag
Since it seems so many were watching it because they were willing to put up with a bad story simply because King's name was attached to it, it looks like the ratings could plummet next year resulting in the show being cancelled before the producers have time to free people from the dome leaving all those people who wasted their time watching it hanging.
Flag
..Or they could, y'know, just read the book?
Flag
I was hoping for a nice summer filler like Harper's Island. I'm so miffed off about this. I was willing to tune in for 13 episodes, I don't think I could do it for two seasons. :-(
Flag
One of the reasons I chose not to watch it. I could stand a mini-series but not an endless series with no guarantee of resolution. Given the premise, it would have been much better as a movie, even a two-part one.
If one wants to watch a small-town show based upon Stephen King stories they're better off watching Haven.
Flag
I love Haven so much. Couldn't bring myself to speak about it in the same conversation as Under the Dome. Haven was a summer show to start out with if I remember correctly.
Flag
haven is gay.
Flag
"Couldn't bring myself to speak about it in the same conversation as Under the Dome." why don't you just suck haven off then?
Flag
Please don't. This show caused me to go dumb.
Flag
Quantity over quality - a day in a TV exec's office. But there is still a glimmer of hope! A lot of people who tuned in expecting a single, condensed season or a mini-series, might decide to bail at the first sign of even more senseless, drawn-out, filler episodes. What a glorious backfire it would be for CBS.

Makes me think that a show like Fringe should've aired during summers as well, draw in easy 20 millions and never have to face a dilemma of cancellation... or perhaps not, since it required its audience to actually think.
Flag
A second season sounds fine to me. I have watched other series grow over time so hope it is also true for Under The Dome.
Flag
Read the book...in the words of sir Charles barkley...its terrrrible
Flag
I like this show. It turns my brain into a marshmallow. It's so easy to sleep after watching it !
Flag
The biggest draw was that it would end. They should have just ordered another King miniseries. He's wanted to do these season events since Golden Years.
Flag
Did they forget this series is based on a book THAT ACTUALLY ENDS?!?!
Flag
This show is really bad. People still watching like me, to see if gets any better. But keeps getting worse!
Flag
Oh,why couldn't they have chosen Sharnado to make a series of, instead.
Flag
I'm done with this show, especially since there is no end in sight.
I would rather watch repeats of other shows than this garbage.
Flag
It just started and you want it to end already?
Flag
Broadcast channels are so effing GREEDY. One of the reasons that i decided to watch it is because i thought it will be 13 episodes and we'll be done. But NO, once a show is considered a "success", they will keep airing episodes till we hate the show even more.
Flag
Good to hear but I am really hoping for a renewal of Siberia.
This show is plain awesome.
Flag
What a shame CBS couldn't just be happy having a great summer-long miniseries and being done with. If you think it's bad now, imagine what it'll be like now that it has to be stretched further. The Stand was done in about eight hours years ago, so certainly this could've been done in thirteen.
The ultimate irony is that to get the answers you want, you have to stop watching so CBS stops ordering more episodes.
Flag
Oh, well! I guess I'll watch the reviews here and laugh! 'Cause am not recording that no more! No way Jose!
Flag
I stopped after last week, too. Not wasting my time on a show that'll writing AWAY from and ending instead of TOWARDS it.
Flag
How would you know that without knowing the story in the first place?
Flag
I know it's based on a book that has an end, so all adding another season is doing is adding filler to prevent getting to that end until enough people stop watching that CBS decides to go ahead and end it.
Flag
Me too.
Flag
I agree totally!!
Flag
Aw hail naw! You mean to tell me that I've been suffering myself through those episodes for nohing? I really wanted it to end as planned or whatever. My god this show is so boooring! Like...yawn! I keep watching it thinking "oh well, at least we'll get closure and move on to something better". I don't think I can take this....
Flag
Everyone I know feels this way. No way am I sticking with this show now.
Flag
lol...*nothing
Flag
Ah gawd damn! I'll stick it out till the end of this season, but only cos I've invested 5 weeks in it already! Then I'm out! Unless it vastly improves. (which it wont).
Flag
wrong. you've invested 5 hours of your time.
Flag
ha gotcha *itch!!!!
Flag
You know what I meant.
Flag
you cant prove that
Flag
Second season? Why? I watched this because it was something to Watch during the summer, why can't they just say "cool this was a success", and then leave it at that, before it goes from a success to being plane lame.
Flag
It's already plain lame. It kinda started that way.
Flag
:S I thought this was a single-season thing...how can they stretch this one more season :S? I guess we'll be hearing more of 'oh the dome', 'that damn dome', 'dome be gone'...
Flag
I wonder how much those viewing figs will fall because I could only stomach this show because I thought we would get it resolved by the end of the season.

Now that its not I will stop watching.
Flag
Really?
Ok, I stoped watching after that idiot cop shot another one and then made the easiest escape from prision EVER!
So please, this is a very respectful question, why is people still watching this?
Flag
It's because the premise is pretty cool. It's the kind of premise that makes us curious what will happen, even when we know that every episode so far has let us down.
Flag
People is still watching this because they is culturally (and literally) illiterate.
Flag
Flag
Nice trolling, now write a comment in FlorBlyth's native tongue and let's see how well you do, other than the 1 mistake that was a flawless post.
Flag
Your reply sounded very much like a scolding in my bad grammar and or my bad english, excuse me, it's only my third language, not even my first or second. So I ask again, why are people still watching this? (happy now?)
Thanks for the correction btw, nothing wrong with some positive input, but next time te me vas a comer mierda antes de criticarme por no estar a la altura de tu excelente ortografia gilipollas. See if you can correct that ;)
Flag
bitch nobody speak durka durka in here!
Flag
You go girlfriend! Tell him! Oh Flor! I love you! And what you wrote in spanish was hilarious! Ella es una perra! lol
Flag
Your English is better than my Spanish will ever be. That having been said, the show is pretty bad. I laughed when the cop escaped the jail cell. Has nobody on that show ever seen old reruns of Star Trek?
Flag
Flag
Ugh.....I've been watching it with the hope that everything would be wrapped up at the end of the summer. Now that they're stuck under the dome indefinitely, not sure I'll keep watching.....although there's not much else on.
Flag
I don't know what to make of the numbers for some of these shows.

It's either...
1: The majority of TV viewers have VERY different taste than I

2: The Nielsen system is way unbalanced as far as who owns them.

2-B: Most people these days watch their shows streaming, and leave a small minority to sit on the Nielsen throne.
Flag
No surprise when you have a look at the high ratings. Not only CBS every other network would have renewed this show.

I can live with that. Under The Dome is almost the only Show which you can watch this summer.
Flag
On the non-cable networks maybe. I'll take just about any show on USA over The Dome.
Flag
You've got to be kidding me...
Flag
Sometimes I miss Heroes. Don't even get me started on Awake. Sure there NBC Shows, but Awake was one of the best shows they made.
Flag
Boy, you know were in for a world of crap this fall if they think this is good enough for a second season.
Flag
Interesting show but I tuned in expecting it to be a "limited run" series. (That's what they call mini-series now, right?) I don't think I can go for a second season. It's based on a book, right? The book ends, right? I mean, the book doesn't continue on, ad infinitum. This series should end at the previously agreed to moment, ie the end of this season.
I mean, if ya can't trust networks and Hollywood ... oh ... nevermind....
Flag
There are a lot of arcs and elements of the mystery that can be expanded upon, especially the final showdown in the book was a bit iffy and ... well.. unsatisfying. A second season might make the ending more interesting and not so blunt.

Then we have the plethora of characters involved. In the book many of them are cardboard personalities, in the tv series they can be better fleshed out. Angie isn't supposed to live for example, she dies almost immediately in the book.
Flag
Interesting that Angie dies quick in the book. I found her character in the first episode to be quite awesome, but she has gotten dumber and dumber as the series goes on, to the point that she apparently left her brain behind when she "escaped" in the last episode.

I just feel like, if they planned to end the story after one season, then it's already written and everything after that is padding. Pointless "expansion" on characters or situations that don't really matter. It doesn't interest me.

Considering how pointlessly long Stephen King's books are, I'm surprised more wasn't answered in the book....
Flag
Can't wait to see the excuse they use this season to justify season two. No I won't be back but what will the season finale say to justify that damn dome still being up.
Flag
They don't need an "excuse". They just have to expand on the good elements from the book and make the characters' plot arcs more interesting.

Stephen King hates his characters more than George R.R Martin, and since he's directly involved in the show I want to see some of that hatred sip through into the plot.
Flag
If they're going to keep it going for that long, they are going to have to figure out a way to get food and medication in there. I know it's a farming community, but I don't think they can grow pharmaceuticals.
Flag
No they don't. People die in the book and people will have to die in the tv show.
Flag
The only way they can justify that show is by having everybody eaten by the zombies from the walking dead!
Flag
Dome keeps em out. That's its only positive feature.
Flag
People have died, they could've reanimated themselves or whatever. I just want that show to end! Now!
Flag
Prison break ran for a while and as someone below states, Teds Mother took 8 years of anecdotes to be revealed.
Flag
Did they wait 8 years to show us how Ted met the mother? Yes. They'll probably won't justify the dome till season 2.
Flag
I would really, REALLY like to hear what my writing idol Mr. King has to say about this show. Unfortunately he's a part of the show so it may be a while before he can speak up.
Flag
What specifically is it you want to hear? Stephen King is an executive producer and has given the writers the permission to expand on the plot and alter certain events from his book and that's what they are doing.
Flag
I'm so glad I stopped watching after episode 2~~I knew they would drag this crap out into a 2nd season since they changed it from miniseries to limited series (all these qualifiers).

Not much competition so I figured it would be renewed which I was against and after 2 episodes of crap I quit.
Not sure of all the networks but I would of prefer Last Resort, Terriers, Alphas and so many other shows...even Go On and tons of other shows (maybe different networks but still...).

Some other channel needs to put something good on against it next summer. I like Siberia but I don't think it has the mass appeal to draw ratings from UtD. I think people are watching it because nothing else is on and they don't know how to watch stuff online and don't have "on demand" or dvrs...who knows~~maybe my tastes differs from the vast majority of tv viewers (I'm sure it does).
Flag
OMG..CBS is certifiably nuts. Now tell me again what the hell was wrong with Jericho, maybe because it was good...oh stupid me..my bad...
Flag
I thought Jericho was extremely boring, what did you think was good about it?
Flag
I'm actually surprised. Don't get me wrong I like the show but I thought it was gunna be a mini series.
Flag
I think most people did.
Flag
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I guess this was coming. And after all, this show does deliver the best quotes I've ever heard. Random pick: The ones who are not sick need antibiotics. I counted, we don't have enough antibiotics. For the ones who are sick, we need antibiotics (or something similar). Every now and then it seems a bit repetitive, but hey, why not recycle quotes all the time if you already wrote the perfect lines, just use them twice ;)...

Flag
Color me surprised.

Then again, its the ratings - and not quality - what rules the world.
Flag
i was wathing this because i thought it was only 7 episodes long....... needless to say i wont continue this boring-fest
Flag
Okay, then. Bye.
Flag
In the cast break room while shooting the finale...

Director: Good news everybody! We've been renewed for a second season!

All Cast members in unison: Moth@$Fu#er!

Sheriff Linda: Here I was kissing the dome, hoping it will end me.. but no! The writers had other plans. Wish I had a pacemaker... Lucky Duke!

Julia Shumway: Kissed the dome? That's it? Hah! I followed a certified psychopath down into dark creepy tunnels and wasted our last matchstick talking about God knows what and still the writers found a way to screw with us. I even broke quarantine hoping to spread the plague so it would end us all to no avail.

Reverend: I kicked a bucket of fire to ignite some curtains and even used my jacket to spread the flame and block my only way out. I was sure I was out but dammit Linda why'd you have to save me? Thanks for nothing. Good thing my buddy Big Jim stepped in and put me out of my misery.

Big Jim: You know I've got your back Rev.

Joe and Norrie: What about us? We bought front row seats to the Mother of All Bombs! Damn that dome's invincibility.

Angie: Hello? Anybody here remember me? That's right, no one does. I've been in a stinking fallout shelter this whole time! I busted a pipe hoping it would fill with water and I can finally drown in peace. Someone (with a sneering glance at Big Jim), just HAD to save me.

Barbie: What's with all the whining? You do realize we all double our money when we do Season 2 right? There's even a chance we get a raise.

Everybody: A raise?

Sheriff Linda: Sign me up!
Julia: Me too!
Joe an Norrie: Us four!
Angie: Just show me where to handcuff myself...
Reverend (sarcastically): Thanks Jim. Thanks a lot.

More+
Flag
OMG....this was hysterical. I could see this happening.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members