An Under the Dome Community
CBS (ended 2015)

THE FAULT IN OUR "STARS"

... Someone at The Wrap did a lot of math (thanks, dude!) and compiled a list of the most-watched and least-watched shows of the summer. Topping the list is the Tuesday installment of America's Got Talent, followed by the Wednesday installment of America's Got Talent. And THEN we've got Under the Dome in the #3 spot, so in a few years when Tim is photo-recapping Under the Dumb Season 5, he'll be able to look back at this edition of News Briefs and know why that is. Which shows came in last? The CW's (now canceled) Backpackers and Seed, because duh. [The Wrap]

BUSINESS TIME

... As some famous person once said, "Nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes and Chris Hardwick hosting live after-shows." And in the case of Doctor Who, super Whovian Hardwick will host both a live pre-show and a live after-show! Hardwick-helmed specials will bookend the Season 8 premiere on August 23, with the host welcoming guests like Mark Gatiss to discuss the show and debut behind-the-scenes footage. Man, what did we do before Hardwick? Talk to each other? BO-RING! [BBC America via press release]

... Production on Season 8 of The Big Bang Theory was slated to begin on Wednesday, but the cast was without contracts so they did what the rest of us do when we play hooky: They got drunk and went to Disneyland (possibly inaccurate). Warner Bros. has now tentatively scheduled production to begin next Wednesday, August 6, a.k.a. the anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima. NEVER FORGET. [Deadline]

... Hey creepy old men! Modern Family's Sarah Hyland has been tapped to co-host the 2014 Teen Choice Awards on Sunday, August 10 alongside teenage werewolf Tyler Posey. Also, if your age still has the word "teen" in it, remember to vote in all your favorite categories, like Choice Twit, which I've just been informed has nothing to do with being a stupid/foolish person despite the fact Justin Bieber is nominated. HEYO.

... Ellen Pompeo is stretching her surgical arms a bit to include the role of executive producer. The Grey's Anatomy star is developing Rachel Carey's 2013 novel Debt for ABC Family. Described as a satire of the 2008 recession, the story follows a woman named Lillian who works as an SAT tutor to pay off her college loans. [THR]

TOTALLY TRUE SLEEPY HOLLOW RANTS

... We've still got a month and a half left until Sleepy Hollow returns to grace us with its magical presence, but you don't need to wait that long to watch Ichabod rant against the banking system, which is all we really want out of this show anyway. Here's a first look at the Season 2 premiere, "Hellfire":

HERE'S A FULL EPISODE OF A NEW SHOW THAT YOU CAN WATCH EARLY

... Who wants to watch the first episode of IFC's Garfunkel and Oates before the show's official series premiere next week? Cool, because here it is:

CASTING NEWS

... HOLY JOHN STAMOS! The actor, best known for starring in my dreams and also Full House, has signed on to guest-star in Galavant, ABC's new fairy-tale musical series. He'll play a charming knight who also happens to be Galavant's longtime rival. Right now he's only slated to appear in one episode, but that could change depending on the Beach Boys' touring schedule when I release him from the cage in my basement what happens as the show goes progresses. [ABC News]

... Arrow has cast Felicity's mom and she'll be played by NYPD Blue alum Charlotte Ross, which is probably actually 100 percent perfect casting. Good work, casting directors! Congrats on doing your job. [TV Guide]

... Betsy Brandt will reprise her role as Hank's wife! Er, I mean ex-wife on, um, Parenthood. In 2012, the actress made an appearance as Sandy, the former spouse of Ray Romano's gruff photographer Hank. Now that Sarah and Hank are doing the dirty hanky-panky on the reg, it looks like we'll also be seeing a bit more of Hank's ex-wife for some reason. She'll appear on a recurring basis starting with the Season 6 premiere on September 25. [TV Line]

... Peter MacNicol, who most people will remember from his days on Ally McBeal but who will forever be my Ghostbusters II spirit animal, has joined the cast of CSI: Cyber as a series regular. He'll play Assistant Director Stavros Sifter, the supervisor of Patricia Arquette's Avery Ryan. [TV Guide]

...Attention Homies a.k.a. fans of Homeland (I just made that up, but it works pretty well, don't you think?), three actors have joined the cast, including Mad Men's Duck Phillips! Mark Moses will play expat Dennis, a professor who's teaching political science at a university in Islamabad. Nimrat Kaur and Art Malik have joined the cast as an operative of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence and a retired Pakistani general friend of Saul's, respectively. [THR]

... Speaking of Mad Men cast members guest-starring on other shows, Rich Sommer is returning to Elementary! Yeah, that's all I have to say about that. I just don't get inspired by Harry Crane, sorry. [TV Guide]

... It's always sunny in Mindy Lahiri's life! Or at least it will be, once Rob McElhenney shows up on The Mindy Project as Lou, the sleazy cousin of Ike Barinholtz's Morgan Tookers. He'll appear in the Season 3 premiere, when Loui is hired to fix the office's computers. [E! Online]

RECENT STORIES YOU MAY HAVE MISSED ON TV.COM

... We chose our 11 favorite new characters of the late spring and summer, including ladies and gents from Fargo and Penny Dreadful. Who would you add?

... A Dexter alum is moving to Gotham to play a Big Bad. 

... Juliette might be pregnant when Nashville returns, in order to accommodate Hayden Panettiere's real-life reproductive success.

... NBC sked Undateable on a second date!

... Something called a Sharknado ate New York and Price was there to photo-recap it!

... ABC has released some official photos of Frozen's Elsa and Kristoff on Once Upon a Time

... It's time to place your bets on who will live and who will die in the last few episodes of True Blood!

... Who ordered the zombies? Here's the first teaser for Syfy's Z Nation. Who wanted to see Nick Jonas and Matt Lauria MMA fighting? Here's the trailer for DirecTV's Kingdom. And who wanted to hear Will Arnett and Aaron Paul pretend to be a horse and his BFF? Here's the latest trailer for Netflix's BoJack Horseman.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/10/2015

Season 3 : Episode 13

49 Comments
Comments (49)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Under the Dome is not popular because it is good. Most of us are watching it because it's so terrible that it's funny as hell. With every episode the writers throw something even more stupendously insane into the mix, you have to watch it every week just to see what crazy stuff will happen in each episode.

Flag
It's a statement to what utter garbage summer TV has become. I watch Covert Affairs, True Blood, and Rookie Blue and genuinely like them. I watch the Strain, Under the Dome, and Falling Skies because they are the only others that I prefer to re-watching old episodes of Game of Thrones over and over.
Flag
Garfunkel and Oates - well, I don't know if they can sing, but they can't act. So two hack actors show up on the unfunny suck show BBT, can't act in that show, and then get their own show? I'm sure there are some very talented actors out there who are very angry right about now.

Oh, and is anyone really surprised that UTD is the most watched show of the summer? REALLY? So you all actually REALLY forgot what morons the American television viewing audience are?
Flag
I'm speechless, Under the Dome has literally render me speechless.
Flag
Let's that be clear : if Under the Dome is one of the most watched show this summer, it is not my fault. Watching illegally doesn't count.
Flag
I blame Tim
Flag
UTD???=OMG!!!
Enuff said!!!
Flag
That's because those are the only two shows that are worth watching besides teen wolf
Flag
Ichabod is 100% correct!

Under Hank's (he's still Hank to me) Chrome Dome ratings are a greater mystery than the dome itself. Someone let me know when the dome bisects Junior like a cow, so I can watch the episode and savor it.
Flag
UTD number one? That is disturbing, too many of us are hate watching it and perhaps we should rethink that, perhaps CBS could come up with something better. I still wish they would come out with a similar show to that of The Unit, it was a good show when they didn't focus too much on the wives. Perhaps after this revelation I will stop watching UTD.

Also, I am glad that Garfunkel and Oates is on. Those two ladies are hilarious and the first episode didn't disappoint.
Flag
Under The Dome - most watched!!!
WTF is happening!?!

I've recently dropped this show.

It's abrupt drop in quality this season, is like trying to play 260p video on a 1080p screen.
Flag
You actually meant season one was better? Ha !
Flag
No. It was bad, but I thought it would've gotten better this season; it's gotten TERRIBLE!!!
Flag
Top image, my reaction exactly as I read the title. But thank you for balancing it with the Sleepy Hollow clip.
Flag
- That clip from Sleepy Hollow exposes what the writers feel about the economic crisis, and not so subtly either. They are able to use the character of Ichabod as a voice for critiquing the things that they don't like in the modern world. What a dream job!

- Charlotte Ross is a perfect choice for Felicity's mum! I wonder what she'll do on the show? Get together with Capt. Lance?
Flag
The summer's worst shows are the summer's most watched shows. Should we feel depressed? So far I'm coping okay.
Flag
"so in a few years when Tim is photo-recapping Under the Dumb Season 5, he'll be able to look back at this edition of News Briefs and know why that is".....

LMAO!!! Poor Tim, he probably thought he'd be free from Dome life after this summer....little did he know what the Dome had in store for him!
Flag
I dropped the Dome recently.
Flag
Judging by this season's sharp drop in quality, acting, number of sets, etc., it seems like the actors and everyone else thought they would be free from the Dome after one quick fling of filming, too. You can almost read the words "contractual obligation" stamped on their faces.
Flag
I didn't watch the second season, but there was a drop in quality? How is that even possible?!
Flag
They put the big plots from season 1 on the back burner, did product placement for something that wasn't released until after the dome came down, and brought in a new character to promo his new single on iTunes that released the night that episode aired... to name a few.
Flag
I kinda loved Under the Dome last summer, not because it was great, but because it was so wacky... but I gave up on it this season. It went too far with the stupid.
Flag
Lol....it's like Kaitlin wrote this article after a LOOONG flight that included champagne, Xanax and a dream starring John Stamos. ;)

Flag
Under The Dome was advertised as idiots in a fish bowl. What keeps people glued to it is how reduculous it is. Think of the Evil dead movies they make you laugh so hard. Why do you hate it so much Kaitlin?
Flag
Uh, because The Evil Dead movies are intentionally funny without hurting the horror. Under The Dome isn't.
Flag
You do realize that there are a lot of people out there who actually think Under the Dome is good? What does that say about us as a nation? They say people would buy and read Stephen King's grocery list. Apparently they also like watching him take a dump.
Flag
I also think many people still wish it would be good. We are still waiting for it to turn good. It has (had) the potential. I believe the majority of tv-viewers of this type of fantasy/scifi shows has the same taste as myself, we like mysteries, nothing to brutal or gritty, and nice light scenery. We do not want a lot of political subversion propaganda or shocking stuff (sex, violence) for no good reason. This show has a lot of that and very little of the bad things. It has potential. We like the style and concept. Unfortunately the writing fails all the time.

If they focused on the mystery (the dome) and stopped with the failed character drama and conflicts it could be great. Seriously, you are locked in a huge bowl. Find a way out or die trying. Stop arranging mobs, schemes or argue about if it was God or science that put the dome there or whatever else irrelevant nonsense everybody is up to all the time.

Have they even tried to dig out for example? I do not remember. Also, new characters can not really just keep popping up, it does not make sense. The dome is not that big.
More +
Flag
I wouldn't wait too long.
Flag
Just watched G&O and omg, my throat hurts from laughing. Can't wait, but hoping for more musical bits.
Flag
Sarah Hyland is 23 years old. Pretty sure the real creeps have moved on already.
Flag
Had to google her just to see what she looks like. That chick looks 16 lol
Flag
Yeah, I was (unfortunately) mostly kidding when I said they had moved on. She's going to be able to play a teen until she's 40.
Flag
I need to start watching Sleepy Hollow. And Garfunkle and Oates!!
Flag
Yes you do sleepy hollow is brilliant
Flag
Under the Dome and America's Got Talent are #1 and #2...the world is doomed
Flag
See, I blame everyone for all the crap that makes it on t.v. I heard somewhere that Undateable was picked up for Season 2!
Flag
I thought it was called Unwatchable...
Flag
Under the Dome is so watched because quality always wins out in the end. Unlike the people of Chester's Mill, the sky is the limit for these extraordinarily talented writers.
Flag
I feel like I was just at the Improv reading that. Thanks for the chuckle.
Flag
Season 2 of Sleepy Hollow. Not season 3.
Flag
Season 3 of Sleepy Hollow? Did I miss one! :)
Flag
Dude, it was exclusive to Fox's new streaming service last month, but now it's no longer available and Fox's lawyers muscled all the torrent sites into taking down the rips.
Flag
Staff
Oops, fixed. But can you imagine how awesome it would be if all of a sudden an entire season was discovered and you could just sit down and binge on it?
Flag
Kaitlyn, quit being surprised when dumb shows do well on CBS. They have the "dumb" market sewn up.

Flag
Well, I made an earlier post about how Undateable was renewed because of good ratings, but that appears to not be the case. In fact, in terms of NBC shows alone, Taxi Brooklyn towered over it -- and that one has no renewal announcement. NBC is weird.
Flag
Stop saying NBC. The comcast nazis are in charge and they are trying to compete with FOX when it comes to illogical decisions.
Flag
Undateable was very popular on Twitter... the cast plugged the hell out of it. They're a charming lot (off the show).
Flag
All networks do this. Some wait and renew for whatever reason and some higher rated shows get passed over.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members