• A Dream
  • Plasma Wakefield Experiments
  • A Snow Globe belonging to an Autistic Kid
  • Some Geothermal Tectonic Plate Thing
  • Cartman's Dad
Comments (43)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Its purgatory with a dome instead of an island.
Flag
God's way of cutting off bad actors from the rest of the world.
Flag
I don't know what DIDN'T cause the dome because I feel pretty confident that the cause of the dome is somehow related to windows 8. The signs have been reeeeeally subtle but I managed to catch them. If anyone needs further explanation you should take out your windows tablet and write me a message (while standing next to an object that shot someone's pace maker out of their chest OBVS).
Flag
Hope it is not quarentine before some aliens come get them use them to breed their half breeds. Darth wader pops up and goes "Im your sons Farther " LOL
Also i hope it is not:

Witches, elfs, angels ore anything supernatual
A dream
A matrix thing (their world is computer created)
Flag
If the series intend to follow the book to the end it won't be any of those things.
Flag
Good to hear.
Flag
God.... of course. To prepare for the return of Jesus. The second coming of Christ... The two kids (can't remember their names) that are having seizures and seem to share some sort of cosmic connection are going to breed a baby that will have all these special powers and abilities that will be a mix between "Rosemary's baby", "The Omen" and "The ten commandments". It will be epic!
Flag
Smoke monsters and shape-shifters? haha Someone watches True Blood.
Flag
Would you believe that I didn't even think of True Blood when I was writing this, both things are becoming depressingly common in shows these days.
Flag
Global warming
Bush
Taliban
Pandas
Christians (who according to King are always evil)
soap bubbles being blown by under-earth dwellers
spray cans
sugar
trans fats
soda

Flag
I hope it's not a government experiment. Government conspiracies have become really cliche recently.
Flag
It's not. You can sleep calmly tonight.
Flag
1) A giant hole in the middle of the town (See Lost)
2) The all town is an afterlife purgatory (See Lost)
3) This all season is someone dream (See Dallas)
4) Bad Observers from the future (see Fringe)
5) Cora put another spell to protect them from the curse (see OUAT)

Flag
Thing I hope did cause the dome?
Eureka experiment gone awry.
Flag
That would work - turns out it was all a Eureka experiment gone bad - someone competing with Wil Wheaton's character - (cause he was in a great king adaptation) and then in the finale Sheriff Carter, who is working with Wil Weaton who knows the science behind the Dome experiment gone wrong, saves the day and this horrible summer show goes away and CBS says FU to NBC Universal and resurrects 'Eureka' from the ashes of Chester's Mill (Wilmington, NC) moves back to Canada and next summer brings back whats been missing the past few instead another season of this waste of time. You've given me the pitch to Julie Chen's hubby to dump this and save 'Eureka'! Only problem is that it would have to have been smart people that created this 'Dome' and I would never give Stephen King that much credit.
Flag
Fargo should really stop pressing those force field on-buttons.
Flag
I have not read the book, so if any of these suggestions is correct, it just pure luck.
- The town of Chester's Mill from a parallel universe superimposed on top of Chester's Mill.
- The town has suddenly become the set for a giant survivalist reality show a la "The Truman Show". The final person alive is let out.
- It's not Chester's Mill that is sealed in, it's the rest of the planet being cut off from reality (Chester's Mill) because of the dome.
- The U.S. National Academy of Sciences is conducting a real world experiment on climate change within a dome shaped greenhouse.
- A gas leak making the population experience a shared hallucination of the dome. None of the military personnel outside the imaginary dome actually exist.
- The town hasn't paid its phone bills. The phone company is taking extreme measures to cut off the town's communications to the outside world until the bills are paid.
- Some maintenance guy or low-level engineer has accidentally connected the wrong wires at an electrical substation, or pressed the wrong button, causing a never before seen physical phenomenon: the dome.
Flag
It's none of those things, Taccado, although I liked the phone bills explanation. The tv show doesn't let sound through the dome whereas in the book it was possible to communicate by speech with the outside world. So they've changed plenty of things to keep people that've read the book guessing.
Flag
I also have not read the book but i i think that aliens likely created the dome counting on the outside wold would wipe them selves out trying to blast the thing. So in reality the dome is kind of Noahs Arch. I hope it is not so, i would like the show to be able to surprise me, but it havent so fare. I was dissapointed when people didnt connect the dots during visitors day until they heard it in the radio. I was like COME ON PEOPLE YOU ALL ARE SAYING GOODBY. THEY WILL TRY TO WIPE YOU OUT BEFORE YOU KNOW IT.
I think the show is a little too obvious and not hard to figure out sometimes, however i will give it a go for the first season if it does not improve im out.
Flag
Staff
The dome, itself.
Flag
Beavers experimenting on ways to improve their dam building, specifically using black magic to construct force fields.
One of their has gone rogue.
He has used the data from the experiments to construct the dome as a test run on world domination.

Next to Koala's, Beaver's are mans deadliest enemy
i pray that the Koala's and Beaver's do not unite - we would be doomed
Flag
I'm more afraid of Three-Toed Sloths. They're waiting around patiently for sooomething...
Flag
They're too slow and half of them are in prion for dealing meth
Flag
cause they're too slow to get away when the cops chase them.
Flag
plus they're high on their own supply
Flag
Don't forget pandas, a species so evil it has forced us to become part of its mating ritual
Flag
True.
But pandas have a brilliant sense of humor and have lovely singing voices - which in my opinion compensates for any of the sex games they make vets a part of.
Flag
I will give you the sense of humor but I don't care for their music at all. Too much rap.
Flag
I don't know, the problem is that i can't think of any explanation that would be good and fulfilling without being silly, maybe they shouldn't give an explanation, because any explanation no matter what will sound silly!!, and from what i heard about Stephen King's novels is that he rarely explain the main mystery in the story, but rather focus on the reactions of the characters to the mystery.
But from what i've seen the explanation - if any - is definitely going to be something supernatural, let's just hope not supernatural silly(The Pink Stars are falling in line", Pink Stars?, really?, maybe an invasion from the planet of "My Little Pony"??)
Flag
maybe an invasion from the planet of "My Little Pony"??) - tiny ponies would not be able to construct the dome
If you had said mercenary unicorns then i would agree
Flag
Do Not Underestimate the power of Friendship because in ​My Little Pony Friendship Is "Magic", and magic - as you probably know - makes magic balls and magical barricades and magical things and thingies so actually when you think about, it's the most plausible reason for the dome. O_o
Flag
WoW, rereading my comment made me realize how innocent words can became really really disturbing when combined "magic balls", that sounds really awfully disturbing '_' , i am really sorry for that
And i am also really really sorry for all the deleted comments(i was trying something, which i failed -_- )
Flag
i have magic balls - they haven't created a dome for me
Flag
No apologies necessary! I think your deleted comments might improve my member ranking on the Under the Dome Community.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Flag
Flag
Bigfoot
Flag
  1. Giant aliens throwing out an old fish bowl.
  2. Cow haters
  3. The government - tired of that story line
  4. Any supernatural being
  5. Gremlins
Flag
Staff
Even larger aliens throwing out a contact lens.
Flag
Mind. Blown.
Flag
I didn't see that one coming.
Flag
A secret organization inside the government
Flag
A secret organization inside a dome within the government.
Flag
That's it!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members