An Under the Dome Community
CBS (ended 2015)

Does Under the Dome get anywhere close?

poll
Poll: Under the Dome vs The Dead Zone (TV)

39 Comments
Comments (39)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Sorry but The Dead Zone was a much better show...Under The Dome is a atrocity to my eyes and against my brain...
Flag
At least with the dead zone, it was a psychic thing and the premise at least had a semi plausible cause. The fishbowl that is the dome is a microcosm of society with some people Big Jim, it's worst example of visions of grandeur, and only a few people are clued in, and BJ has been eliminating them, at this rate there won't be anyone left he can scapegoat. No clue why the dome chose this sleepy little town in the middle of obscurity and why did the dome choose to save it and from what? More questions, few answers.
Flag
No comparison I enjoy Under the Dome but it's a frustrating severely flawed train wreck...T D Z was much better.
Flag
How does Under the Dome have that many votes? Wow!

Maybe guys thought we're comparing the books.
Flag
I would say, because "The Dead Zone" SUCKS ! No offense.
Flag
How does The Dead Zone have votes? It was essentially a procedural, where they tricked us at the end of each season that there's a huge problem that whatshisname needs to do something about. They always shifted back into procedural mode at the start of every new season. What makes it worse is that they teased us with the same thing every year. And then they made us think that the problem had magically vanished as an unexpected consequence of something whatshisname did when he was working on some other problem, and finally showed us that the problem was still there in the last scene of the last episode. So the show was essentially a long con.
Flag
What I like most about the DZ is what the did with the all future Johnny who is connected to present Johnny with their canes.I thought that was
a really cool Idea :)
Flag
I haven't read nor seen DZ so I obviosly vote Under the Dome.
Flag
DZ was a masterpiece compared to UD!!!
I actually did like DZ... PLUS absolute cutie Nicole de Boer!!!!
Flag
are you kidding me DZ vs 5 and a half failed ep's of Dome-Stupidity (1 and a half ep were good 'til now)... DZ was amazing I still want a 7th Season because of how awesome it was. remember the ep where Johnny had blood of 6 people in his body through an blood-transfusion and then i needed to figure which one of the 6 was going to die by an accident.
Flag
Obviously DZ. That show was so awesome
Flag
Read both novels and watch4r both shows.
Dead Zone was a favorite King novel and the story hook of the TV series kept me watching. Cast was OK to Good. Episodes were hit and miss over the multiple seasons. Good enough to watch but not special.
Under the Dome was a fun read but not a favorite novel.
So far the 'Dome' TV series is entertaining but also hit and miss in telling the story.
I vote for 'Under the Dome' because it still has time to develop its direction as a TV series and have the characters grow.
Flag
Staff
You could've pitted The Arsenio Hall Show against Under the Dome and I still wouldn't vote for Under the Dome.

Flag
Sad-no taste.
Flag
I can say the same about The Dead Zone. I really didn't like it. Under the dome is really, really stupid, but it's entertaining and it's not a procedural.
Flag
Woof! Woof! Woof!
Flag
Too early to say. But early impression of Dead zone was that it had better actors, premise and story. Under the Dome seems uninteresting so far and has too many annoying characters and plot lines that I could care less about.
Flag
If you can care less about them it means you actually do care about them.
Flag
The Dead Zone is ten times better.especially the tv adaption with Anthony Michael Hall.Sure they ruined the show in the sixth season with the killing of Janous but overall It was a great show and I still miss it. :( I hope they bring it back
Flag
The Dead Zone novel is by very very far my favorite Stephen King text ever. I reread it every couple of years and adore it. What the TV show did was a disgraceful, insulting,revolting, puking sham; but when all is said and done, it is a thousandfold better than Under the Dome.
Flag
The TV show is what they had to do to make the novel an ongoing TV series. Compared to the novel, no, it's not "good." Taken on its own merits, it's better than 75% of what was or is out there on TV.
Flag
I agree and i pushed the enveloppe with the adjectives to emphasize that no matter how bad it was it still indeed was better than the TV series fare of the times.
Flag
It still is. :)
Flag
Staff
Jericho is better than both.
Flag
Jericho is... Waay better...
Flag
Staff
My Little Pony is better
Flag
yay jericho!
Flag
Staff
This vs That pits two shows against each other in whatever context right? I choose small town post apocalypse.
Flag
What?
Flag
Do you mean what's up with the similar pictures? Or what is this random this versus that post? Or are you just saying what up?
Flag
Compare Golden Years to Under the Dome, if you want to hit on similarities of mini-series and conspiracies. And assuming anyone remembers or has seen Golden Years...

http://www.tv.com/shows/stephen-kings-golden-years/
Flag
Staff
I LOVE Golden Girls! I never realized Stephen King wrote that.
Flag
Well, if you ever read Insomnia... ;)
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
WHAT is meant by "Does Under the Dome get anywhere close?" Close to what? They're pretty much apples and oranges, other than the fact that King wrote them.
Flag
I guess my question was a light-hearted do you like your Stephen King tv series apple or orange?

I feel like both shows have that slightly off kilter feeling that king books, movies and tv series have. It's hard to explain but it's easy for me to identify when I watch his stuff.

I also liked how the pictures I chose above were so similar.
Flag
So little of UtD seems to be King. It's like somebody took his major plot points and added Lifetime Movie scripts onto them.

If it wasn't King's name on it, and people didn't now he wrote the book, would viewers really think it was a King project? Or just another of those disposable post-Lost SF mystery/conspiracy things like FlashForward, and The Event, and Persons Unknown....
Flag
Yup...
Flag
Follow this Show
Members