An Under the Dome Community
CBS (ended 2015)

Under the Dome S01E05: "Blue on Blue"

For your listening pleasure:

I was pretty tough on last week's episode of Under the Dome, the meningitis crisis "Outbreak," because I had hit that point of angry frustration every viewer reaches when watching a massive disappointment. But compared to this week's "Blue on Blue," "Outbreak" may have as well have been an installment of The Wire or Breaking Bad. Maybe it's impatience and exhaustion left over from spending five days at Comic-Con that's talking here, but "Blue on Blue" was the worst episode of television I've seen in a very long time. And I watched Zero Hour, like, just the other day. The good news is that "Blue on Blue" was so ridiculous that it was almost fun to watch, the same way it's fun to watch people take a swift kick to the groin or a cheerleader pyramid crumble to the soundtrack of crashing bowling pins.

So what would the domed-in peeps of Chester's Mill succumb to this week? Well, they've already fought fires, viral outbreaks, and loony cops, so this week the ante was upped all the way to the biggest bombs available short of nuclear missiles. Yep, the military figured it was time to wipe Chester's Mill off the map because in the world of Under the Dome, when the government is forced to confront something it doesn't understand, the best response is to try blowing it up. That's a pretty bold move, so they must have had a good reason, right? Well, if your idea of a good reason is butterflies, then yes! 

Basically, a swarm of monarch butterflies, the kings of the butterfly world, descended on the dome and that was apparently all the scientists of the world needed to see in order to move to Plan B: Attack the dome with missiles. I mean, they'd already shot some water at the thing, what else could they possibly do? On the inside, resident super scientist (but radio station gopher) Dodee figured it out. The dome was disturbing magnetic fields, which was confusing the butterflies, and Barbie realized that the government was not about to let the dome screw up millennia of proper magnetization, so KABLAMMO, goodbye Chester's Mill. 

I understand that there could be more to the story than what we were given in this episode, but let's think about this for a second, using only the information we already have. It hasn't even been a week since the dome plopped down, and already the government is ready to blast away? Without any knowledge of whether their plan will work, they've decided to fire the Mother Of All Bombs, a bomb so big it has its own acronym, instead of starting with, I dunno, something a little smaller, like a bazooka or a catapult and some rocks? Sounds to me like some more interaction with those on the inside was in order, no matter how many pens would be run dry or sheets of paper used. Maybe the dome's interference with magnetic fields is messing with everyone's television reception or something, and that's why the government felt the need to immediately lay waste to it. Whatever the reason, we don't know what it is, and that's a problem when we're trying to watch and believe in a television show. Without a viable excuse for this sudden leap in outside intervention, all we see is nonsense. And this episode was all nonsense.

Part of that nonsense involved the government busing in dome-dwellers' loved ones to greet their friends from outside the dome before those on the inside knew that a missile was coming. And it was an avalanche of character stories that no one asked for! We were so bombarded with out-of-nowhere storylines that I have bruises. Norrie's dad showed up to say, "Yo! I'm your dad!" much to the chagrin of Norrie's lesbian parents, who accused him of seeking fame from the gathered press. DJ Phil saw his sister, and let us all know by robotically saying, "That's my sister!" so we would all know she was his sister. (She was his sister.) Julia's sister-in-law showed up with a note from her (dead) husband, apologizing for being a total screw-up. Some old lady wanted to say hi to her son. Dodee was sign-languaging to someone. And Linda, after telling people not to touch the dome and to keep their distance from it, ran up to the dome, touched it, and KISSED IT when she saw her fiance, Firefighter Rusty, tonguing the other side, which was so gross that it had to be a joke. And if all that wasn't enough proof that this show is just laughing at us, Rusty also announced that someone wanted to make a reality show about them with their pictures on the cover of People Magazine and the headline "Dome-estic Disturbance." Also, apparently Officer Freddie was the brother of Firefighter Rusty, so Linda had to deliver the bad news by mouthing it out while he used a tablet from corporate sponsor Microsoft to write simple messages to her.  

These stories added some depth to Under the Dome's characters, and as we began to explore these—OH WAIT, never mind, because the show dropped them suddenly (we didn't even see a reaction from poor Firefighter Rusty) so that everyone could get worried about the incoming missile once Barbie figured out death was coming from above. "Visitors Day wasn't about saying hello to you families, it was about saying goodbye!" said Barbie, who'd been waiting all his life to zing that one out. The town's plan was to herd everyone into those twisty tunnels underneath the old cement factory—you know, the same tunnels that are dangerous because they could collapse and they sometimes flood. What a great place to hide when the earth above you is about to get pounded by heavy artillery. 

And of course people couldn't stay inside. Joe and Norrie went looking for Angie, who we'll get to, and then Julia and Barbie went looking for Joe and Norrie because they had nothing better to do (except stay alive and make smart decisions). All this happened with about five minutes left until the missile was set to hit. The whole time, all I could think was, "This dome is going to hold, right?" And it did. The missile exploded and destroyed everything around Chester's Mill, so way to go, military! And you know what? I don't think those butterflies survived that blast, either. 

But that's not all! Under the Dome also showed off its inability to develop any sort of character relationships by destroying what it'd already built up. Let's start with Angie, who FINALLY made it out of the bunker. Way to go Angie! But it didn't always seem like that would be the case. As I hoped would happen last week, Big Jim walked into the shelter where she was being held and pretty much walked right back out, as if he'd accidentally walked in on her while she was changing. But once he realized Chester's Mill was going to be obliterated, he let Angie go. What a nice guy! "Hey lady, since we're all going to die, why don't you go free? Bombs are dropping, so why don't I let you leave this shelter so you can get vaporized above ground instead of staying down here where it's probably safer?" Angie ran back to her parents' house and encountered Junior (who is now a full-fledged cop with a uniform and a sheriff's car and everything?), and the two ended up cuddling. I repeat, Angie snuggled up to the same guy who'd kidnapped her and tortured her. Slam your face into a wall, it will be easier on your head. 

Meanwhile, Julia forgave Barbie really easily. At the end of last week's episode she had kicked him out of her house and told him to jump off a cliff, but this week she was sharing a bottle of wine with him. And get this, after her husband made her stay in Chester's Mill, ran up a debt that wiped out all their money, and got into trouble with bookies because of gambling, and after this whole dome situation, THIS IS WHAT SHE SAID: "I didn't understand this place before the dome came down. Now, after everything we've been through? I'm glad I got to be part of it." Let me get this straight, lady, you're glad that you got to be part of a ruined marriage to a degenerate husband and forced to live in a city that's been closed off from the rest of the world by a magic dome and plagued with fires and crazy cops and pyromaniac druggy reverends and stupid teenagers instead of eating Chicago's awesome deep-dish pizza everyday? What was in that wine? Ecstasy? Morphine? Stupid juice? Why even have her say that? Are we supposed to be moved by the false sense of community in Chester's Mill because everyone's hiding in the tunnels below an abandoned cement factory? Totally ridiculous. 

Anyway, that's what happened in this week's episode of Under the Dome. A missile was launched at the dome, but we all knew the dome would stop it, some teenagers kissed, Linda licked the dome, Julia got so drunk on half a glass of bad wine that she was talking gibberish, and Angie developed a lethal case of Stockholm Syndrome. Despite having Stephen King's guidebook serving as the GPS to move Under the Dome in the right directions, the show is completely lost. Let's hope the oxygen runs out soon. 

ADDEN-DOMES

– Goodbye to Reverend Loony Tunes, who had his hearing aid exploded by the dome after Big Jim pressed his head to it. Did he always have a hearing aid? I don't remember. All I know is this show just got 50 percent less entertaining because he's gone. 

– But hello Ben, Joe's dumb friend! Good to have you back. And way to let us know that China almost went to war with us because the country thought we domed ourselves and were testing out a new weapon. That makes a lot of sense. Anyway, where's the party, bro?

– The dialogue and the acting in this episode were about as bad as it gets on network TV. Daytime soaps were watching it and wincing. 

– Big Jim regarding MOAB: "You better check your hearing aid, because that's not even a word." Well, Utah would disagree.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/10/2015

Season 3 : Episode 13

352 Comments
Comments (333)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Well Unlike Tim I enjoyed this episode and also found Zero Hour to be more entertaining than a lot of shows that avoided the AX.
Goes to show different strokes for different folks.
Flag
I had less problem believing the government is willing to blow up the dome but more with the fact that everyone who has ever watched tv ever knew that the dome would hold. In fact, i would have been surprised if it actually accomplished something. So it's the classic case of the viewers knowing more than the characters. Which can be frustrating. We got our little chracter moments and for all those who really didn't see the realtionships it was unequivocally spelled out. So that really noone can miss that Joe likes Norie and Big Jim likes Zelda. In terms of story it braught us not much. Julia likes Barbie. We knew that. The dome will withstand a bomb. We knew that.
I have a question about acting though. Is it harder to deliver really good, heavy, dramatic monologues really well, or completely ludicrous lines somewhat plausible?
Flag
Car-crash tv at its best. Or worst. Whichever.
Flag
"Also, apparently Officer Freddie was the brother of Firefighter Rusty..."

I have to believe that you're the only one surprised by this revelation...considering it wasn't a revelation AT ALL. It was revealed that Freddie & Rusty were brothers during conversation between Linda & Freddie back in Episode 2, if I recall correctly, and I believe again when Freddie was killed by the gunshot ricochet. These were not "blink and you miss 'em" moments either. I often wonder if you actually watch the episodes you're assigned to watch, Tim, or if you simply mash together moments people happen to be tweeting about during the Monday night broadcasts.
Flag
Thats it, this episode sealed it I'm going to read the book instead.
Flag
Enjoy the novel. Most books are better than TV and Movie adaptations...
Flag
Read the book. It's much, much better and different from the show. I gave up on the show after the 2nd episode.
Flag
i dont know...i kind liked it (and i hated every episode of zero...)
Flag
Well, there may be all sorts of logical and continuity faults with this show, and I agree some of them are pretty serious if you bother with them. But that's my point; this isn't West Wing. Or The Good Wife. Or another one of those shows where your spine tingles due to the insanely clever dialogue or fantastic plot twists. But it's good fun! The dome, the pink-stars-are-falling attacks (including the "hush" gesture), the military actions - they invoke a sense of mystery and excitement that's enough to keep watching, even though everything hasn't been thought through from every conceivable angle.
Anyway - I'm still looking forward to next week's episode... :)

Oh, and BTW; as every Call Of Duty player knows, Mother Of All Bombs is the noob name for the bomb. It's actually Massive Ordnance Air Blast.
Flag
Massive Ordinance Air Blast. Haha, I did not know that. Mother of All Bombs had always sounded ridiculous (but catchy), but no more than Freedom Fries or Axis of Evil.

Anyway, good to know.
Flag
Oh yes. More specifically, it's a GBU-42/B! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBU-43/B_Massive_Ordnance_Air_Blast_bomb
Flag
The specific name makes perfect sense. I would've pictured them just going from GBU-42/B straight to Mother of All Bombs.

Salty General: "Gentlemen...and Lady, I present to you, the GBU-43/B, or as I like to call it: The Mother of All Bombs."
Flag
If its so bad why in the world are people watching this!?
Flag
I like "Moab"
Flag
I don´t understand, why they didn´t stick with the book? Why making all so different and crappy?
Flag
When its the summer and not much is on. You search for anything to get you through to the fall. This summer I am convinced that Cable has become UFC(putting on quality shows) while the networks have become boxing( the old sport that nobody cares about anymore)! With this episode of Under the Dome, I have realized you can't listen to the dialogue to closely anymore. You're just waiting for something to happen! and in this episode something did!!! OMG!!! When the bomb did drop I was like hmm will there be consequences? Will I still care? Only 8 episodes left. This is going to be a rough one. Breaking Bad can't come fast enough!!
Flag
I have seen much worse series on TV like The Last Resort
Tera Nova and some crap is even still on Like Revolution
not to mention the crap that is one the way like 100
Flag
Yet another garbage review.
Flag
The best review I saw in a while. Thank you, sir. It made my day and night. I think Stephen King is trolling the audience. I have no other explanation.

Flag
My Dad decided to read the book, but when we got to the bookstore he decided against it. I still haven't read the book, either. :\
Flag
I can tell you, the Book is way better. The TV Show is, appart form the dome and a few characters, completely different.
Flag
Thanks for the advice. :)
Flag
Yes, definitely the last time I tape... I mean record (yes, still have a VCR but it is only a collectible now...) this crap!
Feel sorry for a couple of actors there that I like... it must be embarrassing to be linked to this show...
Flag
Good episode, I love the fact that in the "Dome universe" apple and Google does not exist, it makes me think that this show is basically a new take on Lost and that they are all dead and in hell.

I really like the engineering student; I hope that we see more of her.
Flag
if the Dome is permeable to air and water, even if, say, 1% of it passes through... shouldn't 1% of the bomb blast have passed through as well? The ground right inside the dome looked pretty spic-and-span.
Flag
why is it windy inside the dome? Check the scene where Big Jim kills the crazy priest (btw, first hearingdevice death ever recorded?)
Flag
(btw, first hearingdevice death ever recorded?)

Nope, see:

http://www.tv.com/shows/friday-the-13th-the-series/stick-it-in-your-ear-43695/
Flag
I had joked about that same issue, windy conditions inside the Dome. However, I believe the upcoming episode will address that the Dome is large enough to support a small-scale weather system: it is supposed to rain....
Flag
Air and water do permeate the dome. Although that leads to another goof...
Flag
It would be impossible to film it in a vacuum
Flag
They could get by on the air in the dome, at least for a while. Trees and plants converting back to oxygen, and so on.
Flag
Is it really fair for a reviewer that HATES a show review it? every little thing is picked apart and harped on that would naturally be glossed over in any other show.

Flag
It doesn't seem to be unbiased considering the non stop exaggeration. in his first review he whines non stop about how "they act like they forget they're in a dome" then turns around and complains because once they found out they were in a dome "omg all they talk about is being in the dome" so... which is it?

"Instead of focusing on being in a dome they have town hall meetings..." (About BEING IN A DOME.. JFC)

it just gets ridiculous to try and read a decent review and instead get reheated bile from someone who will never give it a fair chance while his little mod buddies support this crap practice.
Flag
What's a "little mod buddy"?

Who said the review was unbiased?

As far as supporting crap practice, TV.com undoubtedly monitors the # of hits and responses that a review gets. Reviews that get no hits and no comments, don't get reviewed or get a new reviewer. Advertisers and upper management don't care _what_ is said, only that a lot is said. So the more you read, and the more you post...
Flag
So in other words just go away and don't bring any attention to reviewers who for some reason take personal offense to shows and refuse to ever give them a chance to improve and decide to trash them week to week.

that sounds constructive.
Flag
Boycotts have been successful on many occasions down through the centuries.
Flag
That's what reviewing is... being critical of something. Not cheerleading it and "giving it a chance to improve". It's telling it as it is.
Flag
What's a "little mod buddy"?

Since it avoids giving reviewers hits, and thus helps to make sure that they don't continue to do their job, yes, it would be constructive to not give reviewers hits.

I'm also pretty sure Tim is giving the show a chance to improve. That's typically why you keep watching a show. The only way he wouldn't would be to... stop reviewing and watching it it. Which is what you seem to want him to do.
Flag
Yes, it's fair.

Next question?
Flag
leave it to a mod to say that.
Flag
You were the one who asked. If you don't like the answer, don't ask the question. :)
Flag
Ummm, I'm not a mod. Is there some reason you think I am? We can't update signatures, but other then that you seem to be sorely mistaken.
Flag
Is it fair for a reviewer that likes a show to review it?

Is it fair for a reviewer that has no feelings about a show to review it?

What shows that have the flaws that UtD have are naturally glossed over?
Flag
Tim hates everything.
Flag
He can't even type p a new blurb about charlie sheen without making comments about anger management. it's kind of sad he takes these things so personally that they affect him to this degree.
Flag
Since Charlie Sheen is currently starring a show in Anger Management, that's not really surprising.

Speaking of taking things personally...
Flag
"Speaking of taking things personally... "

Oh irony...
Flag
Not true ... he hates crap shows ... like this one.
Flag
I was just thinking as well, I believe the Dome is to protect those inside, for whatever outside reasons. But after this episode for obvious reasons, I'm starting to think the Dome is a cocoon of some sort, so let's see what emerges :)
Flag
I'm really not sure if everyone actually hates this show, or if Tim is just setting that tone for everyone to follow. But I find this show really entertaining, no Breaking Bad, but still very fun to watch. That's all I'm going to say.
Flag
No, not everyone hates the show.
Flag
This show is definitely fun to watch, it's not good, but it's fun.
Flag
This show is... ridiculous! Fun to watch, sure, to see what kind of dumb thing they can come up next. I mean, you get meningitis, and with ONE dose of antibiotics you're cure and go home? And the next day (because this episode was right on the next day) you're walking and working as if nothing has happened? Come on! And how come a butterfly survived a blast that big? Right after the thing the butterfly was there, so unless the butterfly is mutant and flies in supersonic speed, it had to be close to the dome.
Flag
Maybe it was on the other side of the dome from the bomb, and so shielded to some degree. Or was the bomb detonated at the zenith?
Flag
Terrible show; great review.
Flag
Similar to Gofromie10. I stopped watching after episode 2, but still read the reviews.

Amazing how a show with such backing is so bad. There is definitely a writer that needs a career change.
Flag
The best thing about this show is your review. I stopped watching the show after episode 3 but reading your review is very entertaining. Thanks Tim!
Flag
When are they going to do something about the spammers? So tired of seeing lame ass crap about how some fat moron can earn $$ a month sat on their fat arse, I flag them every time but nothing seems to be done, why not just auto flag any message that includes $? Pre-moderation is used on most forums online so why not here?
Flag
why so much hate for this show, it's similar to terra nova which IMO wasn't so bad except the son. anyways i like it better than Defiance. only 1 thing bugs me, the girl in the bunker, how long can she get without going to the bathroom, she must have a bladder the size of a whale :D
Flag
I feel the review is a bit harsh. There is a lot of wonkiness in the writing and acting, I won't deny that, but for some reason I want to return the next week and see what happens. I think Rennie is a better and more interesting character than he was in the book and I believe Barbie can turn out to be a really fleshed-out character in time.

Also, this is a Stephen King series; How many films and tv shows based on his books have been interesting and worthwile? Not many.

Or perhaps it's just my scifi starved soul talking. There isn't much worth watching on tv, never mind in the summer, but Under the Dome is decent scifi that works okay.
Flag
When is someone gonna try to work out where the centre of the dome is? The answer to it's existence is sure to be found there.
Flag
You'd think trigonometry boy would be all over that.
Flag
If you can watch the show without bursting into laughter at unintented moments then this review is probably not for you. For me it is one of the reasons I still watch the show; to fully enjoy Tim's review. Keep it up!

Flag
well, I'm still enjoying the show =)
Flag
Why the hell did the people leave the tunnels right before bomb strike? What was the point?! They were so convinced that something bad was going to happen on the surface, and still they went even though it might kill them? Why did Linda leave to "tie up some loose ends", only to clime a tower and look at some scribbles while the dome might be coming down on her head? Why did Barbie and Julia risk their lives only to look for a couple of kids by driving around a town aimlessly? Why did Joe and Norrie not return to the tunnels on time? I get it, they wanted to find Angie, but they could have still returned to safety instead instead of sitting under a dome that might come crashing down. Then they could have resumed the search for Angie afterwards. What if the military had succeeded and the dome would have been destroyed? Then these idiots would not have been able to enjoy their freedom, because they would have been dead.

What annoys me even more is that no one can convincingly complain to the creator of the show that is sucks, because he can always point to the ratings and say that millions of people disagree. (Yes, I get the irony, considering that I'm one of those viewers.)
More+
Flag
Some of them, like the kids, were just stupid, but Linda, Barbie and the redhead knew the tunnel wasn't going to work. It was just a ploy to keep people from panicking. That's what Barbie was trying to tell the redhead in the tunnels, when she interrupted him and told him "I know."

Linda wanted to die looking at some old 'I Heart Thisguy' etching, so that one's fair. The other two, they were just stupid like the kids. "Four minutes left...let's keep looking!"

I guess it's easy to let your characters do something stupid if you think it'll make them look brave and you're a bad writer, but anyway, only the kids actually thought the tunnels would've saved them.
Flag
I agree, I thought the bit with the kids was totally corny.
Flag
Indeed. At least they were kids. The other two..
Flag
Obama to the townspeople 5 years from now: "Wasn't me."

This show sucks, but this episode really wasn't worse to me. I mean, Big Jim actually let that idiot go (would not have bet on that), Big Jim killed the reverend, and the MOAB didn't do a damn thing. All good things, and the last two parts were pretty cool to see.

From bad to most bad, I'd say: 1, 2, 5, 4, 3

The cop who went from normal to doomsayer in 3.6 seconds, the idiot that Junior had in the cellar, the deputy-now-sheriff falling for the oldest trick in the book and getting herself locked up, the reverend burning the old sheriff's house down because he didn't study fire science in...life, Joe's dumb friend doing things...all these things were far worse than this bad episode. Keeping it fair, this episode wasn't the dealbreaker.

I honestly wish it had been. I quit Revolution sooner than this.
Flag
So, if I understand correctly electric devices explode as long as they are INSIDE the dome but not outside? That doesn't make much sense.

Another thing: now I definitely don't trust those lesbian mothers. It doesn't make sense that the girl's father would look for his daughter "just because there are cameras." What would he have to gain? Besides, if he walks around with baby pictures of her and family mementos, it seems like he really cares. It's not uncommon for a could to fight and then a vindictive person to get back at his or her spouse by absconding with the baby. They should clarify that part of the story, but right now it seems to me the guy was just unlucky to have married a lesbian.
Flag
There's a slight electrical charge on the inside, but not outside of the dome.
Flag
Well, its true, this episode was really bad. The first-five-episodes-test is a big fail on this one. I ain't going to loose more time watching this.
Flag
Didn't think anything could make me miss Revolution. Dang.
Flag
I wonder what it was like when they were shooting this show.

Natalie Martinez: ..."I don't want anyone from our side touching it. No matter what."
Director: Cue dramatic music. Enter Rusty. Nat, run towards Rusty... Now, touch the dome.
Natalie Martinez: Didn't I just say not to touch...
Director: Touch it!

Natalie touches the dome...

Director: Now kiss it.
Natalie Martinez:
Wait. What!?!
Director: Kiss it!
Natalie Martinez: Are you sure?
Director: Kiss it!!

Natalie kisses the dome.

Director: Cut! Let's do it again. And this time, Nat, stop questioning the script. I know what I'm doing, so please, no more questions ok?
Natalie: Oh ok,,
Flag
Now make love to the dome!
Flag
Your comment made me LOL. I was laughing at that scene as she was doing what she told everyone not to do.
Flag
The reason she told people not to touch the dome is because pacemakers and other electronics would explode. She knew she had nothing on her and probably that is why she touched it. That or maybe when she saw her boyfriend she just didn't give a shit.
Flag
I couldn't take it no more when I found out the last episode was about a Meningitis outbreak and I bailed. After reading this review and the reactions I see I made the right decision. The show was not just boring but tiresome too.
Flag
Unpopular opinion: I actually enjoyed this episode and liked it better than some of the earlier ones.
Flag
Same, not sure what all the fuss is about, perhaps I should watch a show I don't like and write a hate filled review, cos apparently that's what all the cool kids do...
Flag
i agree with you. i was ready to give it up until this episode,which actually ended up holding my attention more than the eps before that.
Flag
Just a reminder that the above two people can both vote and own guns. Awesome.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I don't understand why shows have to be 100% realistic or people can't enjoy them. I recall watching Xena, hercules, X-files, stargate, prison break, heroes , jericho and many other shows without questioning every single decision and trying to think if every action could be real or not -_-
Flag
I agree. If I wanted realistic, I'd be outside living my life instead of watching tv. Unrealistic tv is my favorite kind.
Flag
Problem is, the unrealistic part is the least of this shows problems ...
Flag
No doubt -- "Under the Dome" is bad, but it's also a summer show. If it was meant to be quality television, they would have aired it in the fall. Plus, who knows what future genius writer/showrunner might come from this series? The creator of 'Lost' (Carlton Cuse) used to do 'Nash Bridges'...
Flag
Yes but I seriously think summer season has been better than fall season in the last two years. Dexter, Teen Wolf and new shows like Ray Donovan and The Bridge...All good shows.
Flag
He shoulda stuck to it...
Flag
You forget, Julia has suddenly forgotten what happened to her husband, she was still expecting him to show up with the other family members outside. Still this was better than the alternative-Siberia.
Flag
Am I the only one that thinks the 2 ladies that are supposed to be the gay couple are not believable at all. Terrible casting.
Flag
Every week I tune in to Under the Dome Revolution style thinking "Surely it can't get any worse!" And every week I am wrong, more fool on me I suppose since I will probably watch it to the end. Does that make me a masochist?
Flag
So this thing is a sphere not a dome?
Flag
It just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Flag
It wasn't the five-day fatigue talkin' Tim, It really was that bad. But I enjoyed it. I can see Stephen King standing there with his back to the dome, arms folded mouthing, "I never meant for any of this to happen--WHAT HAVE I DONE?!? And then Susan Lucci waving a disgusted hand and muttering, "Dodged that bullet. Devious Maids isn't looking so bad these days."
Flag
Also....its ratings in the 18-49 demo have been: 3.3, 2.9, 2.7, 2.7 and 2.8. In other words....it is a hit show that has amazing numbers for a 10pm summer show. So you can hate it all you want...but ratings are ratings....so might as well deal with it because IF they plan on making it a multi-series show, you can BET it will come back.
Flag
AND, 227 comments so far is somewhat of an indicator, as well...
Flag
I love you Tim and I think I say this weekly. It's not you being away at Comic Con, the episode was as bad as you described BUT AT LEAST YOU TRY TO LAUGH AT IT BECAUSE OTHERWISE WE'D ALL CRY, but they actually take it seriously.
I'm so sorry to be leaving you Tim, but this was officially my last Under the Dome episode. I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE OF THIS.
Best of luck to whoever is staying and may the oxygen run out soon.
Flag
Why do you hate on the show so much? Yeah it does get bad at times, but it's still somewhat entertaining for a summer show. Why do you need to ruin it and pick at every little thing that annoys you. IGN reviewed the episode as well and they are much more fair at pointing out the bad AND the good.
Flag
This review deal is not like finding out Santa Claus is gay or the Easter Bunny does crack. You can enjoy the show and skip the review, or enjoy the review and skip the show. Or do as I do; watch the show and read the review and enjoy each for what it gives you. The show isn't good, by any stretch of the imagination, but it is somewhat entertaining--AND, we can all pretend Stephen King wrote it. Tim isn't hating on it. It's bread and butter, shooting barrels of fish, like Leno and Letterman did with Dubya. So, if you don't like either one, simply don't participate...everyone deserves to eat.
Flag
so in your opinion, being gay is as bad as being a drug addict?
Flag
Some folks look at it that way, unfortunately still. It's just a politically incorrect statement that does not reflect my opinion, although I see how you might take it that way. And for that I do apologize...
Flag
That's his job......
Flag
Yes the reverend always had a hearing aid, when the Sheriff died they brought his body to the reverend and big Jim said "Turn up your hearing aid Lester!"
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members