An Under the Dome Community
CBS (ended 2015)

Under the Dome S01E12: "Exigent Circumstances"

As the end of Under the Dome's puzzlingly successful first season approaches, there's simply no time for complete nonsense. Fight clubs, stoned reverends, M.O.A.B.s, meningitis madness (Under the Dome episode topics, or 2014 Lollapalooza second-stage lineup?) are all a thing of the past, and the show is starting to get serious by working through actual story. Some people would call this a huge improvement for the series, while others would think back to that classic bit of Renaissance thinking, "same shit, different day." I'm in the latter camp, and while I recognize that "Exigent Circumstances" displayed a more competent approach to the whole "making a TV show" thing that Under the Dome is trying to accomplish, it was mostly the same shit on different day.

The gist of "Exigent Circumstances" was that Big Jim Rennie loves to kill people who get in his way of keeping control of Chester's Mill, as the dome has been trying to tell us all along. Big Jim had a big plan: Murder everyone who gets in his way, and blame it all on the handsome stranger who blew into town, Johnny Barbarino—or as he's affectionately known around town and among horny housewives, Barbie. And for the most part, it worked. Not in a television sense, goodness no, but with the mindless sheep of Chester's Mill. 

Most of the episode involved Big Jim keeping his web of lies all sticky and tangled by blaming Barbie for everything he did. The deaths of Maxine's mom, Maxine, and Maxine's thug were all Barbie's mess now because Big Jim said so, and if anyone doubted Big Jim, he just told them again. Barbie did it! Barbie did it! Barbie did it! He's kind of like Fox News, and Barbie is his Obama. He just repeated himself until he broke people's wills and they believed him because thinking for themselves was wayyyyy too much work. Even Junior, who not too long ago wanted to kill his dad, and who should have serious questions about his father's earnestness, bought the "It was Barbie!" line. Twice! And you know what? Big Jim's big blame-a-thon was not very thrilling to watch. Especially after witnessing Dean Norris's excellent police work on Breaking Bad the night before. Big Jim is like the anti-Hank; Walter White would flay Big Jim in a battle of wits. (Though I'd totally watch that episode of Breaking the Dome.) 

Just so we didn't forget that Big Jim was on a pretty substantial murder streak, he headed over to the radio station to get some information from Dodee about all the military chatter with regard to Barbie. See, the military was rappin' about hunting Barbie down. But the military was also chattin' about the egg! Whaaaaaaa!?!? How does the military know about the egg? And Barbie!?

But wait, there's more: The military also just so happened to be talking about Big Jim killing Reverend Druggiepants, and Dodee was there to hear that nugget of info. So KABLAMMO Big Jim shot Dodee deadee after Dodee accidentally told Big Jim everything she knew about the egg and called him on his prime load of horseshit. 

(Warning: These next photos require a bad, fourth-grade sense of humor, feel free to skip.)

What's up with this military? Are they spying on the dome? Is this dome a real-life Truman Show experiment? Was Dodee actually eavesdropping on an Under the Dome fan podcast? Would anyone actually take the time to make an Under the Dome fan podcast? Anyway, Dodee is dead and that sucks. I loved her and her mistrust of teenagers who apply sentient properties to inanimate domes. To cover his tracks, Big Jim torched the joint. And then you'll never guess what happened next: He blamed it on Barbie!! Big Jim is officially out of control.

As for Barbie's role in all of this, he wasn't too dumb! He did a lot of hiding and denying Big Jim's accusations, and he realized that unconscious Julia—who got shot by Maxine last week but Big Jim blamed it on Barbie—was his ticket to prove that Big Jim was lying. If she could just stay alive and wake up to clear the air, then people would stop badgering Barbie and understand that Big Jim was a big fat liar. Is this show one tiny step above a bad soap opera, or what? Next up, Big Jim will blame his bad behavior on his evil twin, the one with the eye patch.

Big Jim knew that Julia needed to keep her pretty mouth shut for once, so he ordered Junior to stand guard and watch her. Luckily, Barbie had the assistance of Junior's catnip, Angie, and Angie whored herself out via a little makeout session with Junior to distract him while Barbie wheeled Julia out of the building and into an ambulance. Angie! Stop playing games with Junior, the boy is confused! After 683 more instances like this, he may stop being completely and madly in love with you! 

Speaking of love, how romantical was Barbie's breathy "I love you" to his sleeping beauty? Another question you could ask after watching that scene is, why are those two in love? They haven't even known each other for two weeks, he killed her husband, he's a liar, she's got the personality of a doorjam, and they've probably only had time for one meaningful conversation amidst all this chaos. But there was that one time they kissed in the rain, so fine, they're in love. So in love that Barbie would get himself arrested so that Angie could speed off with Julia in the back of the ambulance. 

With Barbie in the custody of Chester's Mill police force (i.e. Linda), Big Jim finally got his way and made a deal with Barbie: If Barbie publicly confessed to all the murders he didn't commit, then Big Jim would let Joe and Norrie out of jail (oh btw Big Jim threw Joe and Norrie in jail for illegal dome-hiding). Big Jim also wouldn't pin Julia's husband's murder on Julia, and he wouldn't make Angie an accessory to Barbie's non-crimes. Basically, Big Jim had such a strong approval rating that he could tell Chester's Mill that Barbie caused his baldness and they'd believe him. Barbie agreed to Big Jim's demands because he couldn't bear to see his honey-dip accused of murder, but when the angry mob was assembled and Big Jim said, "How do you plead to murdering all these people that I actually murdered?," Barbie stunned everyone no one and said, "Unguilty!" And that was the big cliffhanger to end the hour and get us all excited for next week's season finale. Wait, THAT was the big cliffhanger to get us all excited for the season finale?

But the big get out of Big Jim's mission to keep his position as king in this game of domes was that the crazy guy actually doesn't want the dome to leave! He wants Chester's Mill to remain imprisoned, presumably so he can keep a better hold on the town. But you have to be one power-hungry moron to want to rule over an isolated town full of idiots. Is power really all that Big Jim is after? Is there something more to this that I'm missing? If Big Jim helped Chester's Mill get out from under the dome, wouldn't he be a lock for mayor or lord or whatever regal title they use? Wouldn't anyone rather be mayor of a town that has things like running water than the head honcho of the resource-free disaster that Chester's Mill is now? What's the prize here? Big Jim is a real dick with terrible political aspirations.

Elsewhere under the half-sphere, the children had to move the mini-half-sphere and the egg because Big Jim was snooping around (Big Jim was literally everywhere in this episode), so they put it in a Radio Flyer or something and took it over to Ben's house. And thank the Dome God they did, because finally it landed in the hands of someone who could actually appreciate it. BEN THE SKATEBOARDING IDIOT! Ben even called it a lava lamp like I did! I really want to go over to Ben's house with a fat sack and get stoned and domed with him while talking about our unmade Star Trek scripts or whatever while noshing on Doritos Locos Tacos and generally being a complete waste to society.

That sounds like a better way to spend time under the dome than going to Blame Barbie meetings like the rest of the townsfolk. Apparently the dome thought otherwise, because it started screaming and glowing red and the chrysalis was squirming because something big was about to happen! The mini-dome was finally about to do something!!! But not until next episode, at least.

So here we are with one episode left and where do we stand? Well, the mini-dome is about to explode, Barbie pleaded innocent, and Dodee is dead. "Exigent Circumstances" wasn't much more than the blame Barbie game, and without a ridiculous standalone story built around a silly plot it was more boring than usual. But it's trying harder to be watchable television and it at least showed us the light at the end of the tunnel, signaling that this disappointment is about to end. Until next summer.

ADDEN-DOMES

– Good god did I hate the name of this episode!

– Wow that nurse at the hospital is the biggest bitch in the world. Relax, lady!

– Ben had a "Skate or Death" poster in his room. Sigh. 

– If you're looking for answers on how the dome arrived in Chester's Mill or what it actually is, you'll probably have to wait until next summer.

– I hope Big Jim dies in the finale, more for Dean Norris's career than for the safety of the kids. 

– Linda put out on APB on Julia. An APB in Chester's Mill amounts to sending Junior a text message? Are there any other cops left on this show?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/10/2015

Season 3 : Episode 13

452 Comments
Comments (452)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
This show makes morons seem intelligent. There's no other reason for it to be as huge a hit as it is. I literally wanna strangle everyone on this show. Dean Norris deserves better than this.
Flag
Can I play with Barbie......
Flag
Jar Jar I am your father - Barbie
Flag
After 9 mediocre episodes, this one was pretty good, I will have to agree with the IGN reviewer. ^_^
Flag
Aren't military communications encrypted?
Flag
Dodee obviously was a highly skilled hacker.
Flag
THE DOME has hit the perfect storm...bad scripts, bad directing and really bad acting! I can't stop watching it! I'm like a deer caught in the headlights of and oncoming semi. Surely this won't get renewed?
Flag
Yes, Under the Dome got renewed for a second season. (sigh)
Flag
Barbie told Julia, I WUV YOU. Something she never heard from Peter, he was to busy betting on horses and gambling his balls off. Barbie came to town at the right time, she needed to be bang, not bang-up like what Maxine did to her.

Flag
Love this show, this is show the MOAB. I hope they really deliver a good final episode. Linda is so stuck on stupid she used crazy glue. I hope she takes this time off to get some sense. You don't have to watch Under the Dome if you don't like it, it has a large fan base already, haters are not missed.
Flag
Great show! Not sure why the reviewer, who apparently hates it forces itself to watch it. Really dof.
Flag
About the only thing this show has done right was Barbie saying not guilty. Of course he can't trust big Jim but I had no confidence in this show understanding that. And out sherrif blindly going with whatever big Jim says. Real empowering apparently in 2013 a cute girl is good for nothing other than looking cute. Like I said before won't be back next summer too much good tv to spend 45 minutes on.
Flag
The biggest problem that this show has is that it's trying to turn a book, (AND NOT EVEN A VERY LONG BOOK), into a multiple season TV series. I think that if they just would have kept it to a mini-series and been much more loyal to the book it would have been a great show. It really is to bad, Stephen King is a master at writing horror, and none of the desperation and pure horror that you feel for the town of Chester Mill while reading the book is conveyed through the show, AT ALL.
Flag
Please put this show out of it's misery!!!! I'm not watching next season!!1
Flag
If you don't like why watch?
Flag
Why torture yourself if you don't like it. I don't watch shows that I don't like and have the nerve to write a comment. This show is the MOAB of all show.
Flag
When I'm watching the show, I feel smart. I feel smarter than the authors of the show. I feel smarter than the actors of the show. I feel smarter than the characters of the show.
As for Barbie, I'll just have to say "Be handsome but shut up!"
Flag
for god's sake why does Linda have to be so stupid?? why does she believe Big Jim? ever?

also, why is it called "mini-dome" now that it moved? it's a sphere! it left a hole in the ground!
which probably means that the big dome is the same.. maybe..

anyway, the show is becoming increasingly stupid.. I hope it gets better..
right now I'm watching just because Barbie's hot.
Flag
I am watching because the show is hot hot hot. Julia and Barbie together is a big furnace. They are hot.
Flag
I'm watching because Julia's hot
Flag
Im watching it because Angie's hot
Flag
I like Barbie!
Flag
I like Truman, he is such an obient dog.
Flag
It's a stupid show with a wacky script that noone can take seriously but it filled a gap when there wasn't much of anything else on tv, so bring on the next season, its bound to be a zinger...!
Flag
Guiness Book will mention Dean Norris for being on the best on worst show on television
Flag
More like Big Jim is Obama, and Barbie is his George W. Bush.
Flag
i like reading you reviews, and don't watch the show, but keep the political commentary out of your reviews, would ya, otherwise, the review is entertaining.
Flag
big smiles from the review Tim, keep it up!
Flag
And here I thought the author of these television show reviews was a person of high intelligence and integrity when it comes to thinking, but alas, NOT! You are just another ignorant Obama lover and Fox News hater. Why is it that liberal hate Fox News so much? Is it because the truth is so painful and you hate to be reminded that you voted for the most anti-American president ever. Obama is a joke. Obamacare will destroy this country. You voted a muslim for president. 49% of voters in the last elections are completely ignorant and uninformed. Obama cares nothing about you or this country. The sooner you realize this the sooner we can someone else in there.
Flag
You are a sap.
Flag
it was more than 49% who are completely uninformed. News is no News anymore and the last 2 presidents are a disgrace PERIOD
Flag
Don't even waste your time replying to someone like that, there will always be fools among us.
Flag
You. are. a. racist. #MindlessFactlessRant

Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
WAT? I really don't see any connection to what u wrote & the review...
Flag
Tim mentioned that "(Big Jim is) kind of like Fox News, and Barbie is his Obama." As opposed to, say, being kind of like MSNBC and Barbie is his Bush 43, I guess.
Flag
Your confusion might be caused by trying to find logic in something written by someone that thinks Fox news is actually news.
Flag
seriously, can we stop the news/political bs, because guess what, no news is news, its always turned towards something, try believing nothing and doing your onw research for all sources and leave this site for show reviews only, that inclkudes you tim.
Flag
Carol walks in like she missed the last scene, as opposed toooooooo, I dunno, half the season? I fully embrace how unapologetically stupid this show is. It's like cooking a spoonful of black tar.
Flag
Everyone in that town is so stupid.
As for Officer Linda she makes all other dumb TV cops look like Sherlock Holmes.
Atleast junior was suspicious enough to question/threatened big Jim.
Flag
They are all Under the Dumb, some not many are under the Dome.
Flag
i am so very glad i stopped watching this show ages ago, i do read the review's just for giggles and whatnot, i LOVED dodee, she was damn pretty and i loved her character
Flag
Big Jim does not agree with you.
Flag
well big jim can go eat my big white fat a$$ :)
Flag
It's a good thing there isn't much else to watch when this show airs. I have been following it, but there seems to be so many implausibilities. Where did the egg come from and why are the kids the only ones it will interact with. How does it know who is going to die and what is going to happen. Then there is the spying government that tried to blow up the town, the killing off of the townspeople seem more like I am watching Ten Little Indians. Such gullible town folk who really want to believe. You'd think some of them would be trying harder to find a way out of the fishbowl and when people start dying, especially leaders, like the sheriff, usually chaos not calm reigns. And the big one left unanswered, why did the dome drop down on Chester Mill in the first place?
Flag
I think if all those questions were answered at the beginning we wouldn't have the actual show?!
Flag
All of us follow your exciting show, but 9-09 had ball games that ran over & we always record. So we lost the second half of the program. Is there any way to watch it before next week's finale? Our TV service comes from Windstream!
Flag
http://www.cbs.com/shows/under-the-dome/video/8D53CAD9-04BD-A8DB-444D-EF82268F2E34/under-the-dome-exigent-circumstances/
Flag
Screw CBS for that BS 24 minute start delay... Cut the DVR recording short.
Flag
My only sitting-on-the-edge-of-your-seat moment since the 1st episode of UTD was when that missile hit the dome and got everything devastated all around it, it was like a pic taken from Mars! A few episodes later (the next?), nature all back! *sigh* And why on earth didn't Angie hand Julia that walkie-talkie Barbie gave them in the ambulance so that she could tell Lind-uh and the rest of the idiots of Chester's Mill the truth and stop all the nonsense? Did i miss something? Then what? The egg goes from purple to blue in season 2? Very disappointing indeed. Love from France, Tim!
Flag
Please let barbie kill big jim he needs to go in some medieval old school fashion. I did love the moment in the ambulance between barbie and Julia
( I LOVE YOU ) simple but effective.
Flag
Jack Bauer, would have solve the dome, kill Big Jim and sleep with Julia in just one hour. jejeje
Flag
Jack Bauer isn't trapped inside the Dome. The Dome is trapped outside of Jack Bauer.
Flag
When a town councilman tells Jack Bauer that he was stockpiling propane for a drug lord, Jack does not look blankly at him and then nod and go along with his plans to take over the town. He rips off said councilman's head and stuffs it down his neck. (apologies to any Linda fans out there, all three of you :) )
Flag
3? You over estimate.
Flag
Left over fans from her Stuff and Maxim days.
Flag
Barbie can rig a generator to shut down with an iPod and a USB cable.

Jack Bauer tells the generator to shut down, and it shuts down because it knows what's good for it.
Flag
Lester's hearing aid didn't explode because of the Dome.

The hearing aid heard that Jack Bauer was coming to Chester's Mill to hunt down drug dealers and tried to get out.
Flag
Jack Bauer can make drugs out of propane.

Somehow.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Jack Bauer wishes Linda was as competent as Kim Bauer.
Flag
Jack Bauer doesn't click on the Submit button. He just glares at it and it submits on its own.
Flag
No Domes appeared in the U.S. when 24 was on the air. Coincidence? I don't think so.
Flag
Jack Bauer doesn't need to take down the Dome: he just stares at it and it quietly goes away.
Flag
Can we vote for: This is embarrasing television but I hope they keep it on the air anyway?
Flag
Wow, this show sounds like it's actually getting worse ... so glad I dropped it. Nice review Tim!
Flag
If you approach Under the Dome as some sort of a parody, it's pretty damn funny! I almost laughed tears when GigJim Bonaparte shot the Dodee or when Barbie wispered his "Ih luuuhhhve you" to lava-nose or when Barbie and Angie were TALKING 7ft away from Jr or when ...
At least for childish people like me it's gigglatastic!
Flag
This is why I continue to tune in every week. Not because it's a good show, but because it's so goofy that it's entertaining. Plus, I like to know what's going on so I can better understand Tim's reviews.....I think they're hilarious.
Flag
I don't like science fiction - or whatever that is - but I've watched this series because nothing else of interest was offered at that time. Man, would I love some substantive entertainment for a change!
Flag
Siberia, Hotel Impossible...
Flag
"Whatever that is" sums up Under the Dome quite nicely.
Flag
Normally i always try to put something positive about UTD, but this episode was so weird...i simply don't know how to commend to it...just that ...lets wait for the season final....
Flag
Tim, you wondered why Big Jim wouldn't want the dome lifted. This is the ONE thing that actually made sense so far in this whole summer crap-fest of a decent-book murdering. Remember Jim heard the military talking about how they saw him murder Reverend Stoner. If the Dome comes down, Jim probably knows he's facing murder charges, or at least a good flogging from the military.

Adden-dome Nurse lady: I missed last week's review, but good GAWD, in what world does a guy bring a shot-up, dying woman to the hospital, the nurse takes one look at her, and then leaves because somebody else randomly rushes into the room claiming somebody else needs help somewhere? Yeah, buddy? Well this DYING WOMAN RIGHT HERE needs help too! No self-respecting taker of the Hippocratic Oath would up and leave one dying person to go check on somebody else. If they wanted the scene to be Barbie having to save Julia by himself, it would've been far better to leave the nurse out of it altogether. Putting her in there and having her exit in such a DUMB fashion, was just.....DUMB. It was Dome Dumb.

A few other things worth making fun of on this travesty. 1) Max wanted to kill Julia to hurt Barbie, so......she shoots her in the shoulder......at point blank range. WORST SHOT eVaR, Max! Raylan is NOT proud of you. 2) Dodee and the radio guy can receive radio signals from the outside world. Why can't they transmit? Why is the Dome so one-way in it's radio signals? Has no one thought of radio communications with the outside world? I mean, if the dome prohibits outgoing signals, fine, but the show hasn't explained that. All we know now is that Dodee has been just listening away to incoming signals. 3) Where is the electricity in this town coming from? Does Chester's Mill have it's own power plant located within the dome-o-sphere? Most towns DON'T have the power plants located within them. The dome should've cut most of the lines coming into town and Chester's Mill should've been darked out for this entire series. I get the town has a (limited) supply of propane to power some equipment and things, but their lights should not be on, and their electric cars should not be charging. This oversight is really dumb. 4) How dumb is Linda? I mean, the whole town is dumb to be blind to Jim's rhetoric, but Linda actually found out stuff about him. But because she forgave her former boss for his part in the propane/Max mess, that exonerates Jim in her mind? One episode she doesn't trust him at all, next episode Jim is like "It wasn't me, it was Barbie!" and Linda is like "Okay, then! I believe all of that!" These characters are just.....I don't even know anymore. I watch this show purely for a dramatic kind of coming relief each Monday.

Also, Tim, I actually LOL'd at your photo captioning of all the stuff the town was blaming Barbie for. Hilarious.
More+
Flag
The electricity thing is sort of explained by the propane/drug thing. Apparently they bought lots of propane just to keep Maxine happy, and for some reason the main characters and the hospital all have generators that run on propane.

I agree about everything else. I sort of agree about the electricity too, because the above explanation isn't a great one, but at least there is an explanation.
Flag
Well, I thought that might be it, but I didn't know you could power an entire city like that. I mean, you could, but seems like it'd take a crap-ton of propane, and you'd burn through it pretty fast. If nothing else, then in Big Jim's mind, he should know it's not a permanent solution, and soon the town he hopes to rule over will be a middle-ages settlement. Obviously, Chester's Mill lacks the petroleum resources and likely the correct kind of plant life to get wax to make candles....so if the show were realistic, it shouldn't be long before these people are up poop creek without a paddle. And........Bahahahah!!! I just said "if this show were realistic." Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, I'll be here all week.....
Flag
Right, but have they ever indicated that it's the whole town? It's the hospital, the radio station, Julia's house, Joe's house and the diner. The sheriff's office too I assume. OK, that's pretty much every location we've seen, and that's a bit silly, but at least they're saying "I have a generator" like most people don't.
Flag
Barbie killed Charlie from Lost! Good. Charlie was an annoying drug-addict.

Barbie was showrunner on Alcatraz! Really? I want to thank him then, that was a good show that was cancelled far too soon.

Barbie taught Miley how to twerk! There's nothing wrong with showing a girl how to use what she's got.

Barbie greenlit Under The Dome! For which I am glad, because otherwise none of us would be here discussing it, would we?

Barbie gave Joe acting lessons! And I was doing so well, majority of the things you listed in the screenshot weren't all that bad Tim (as you can tell from my opinion of some of them), but this... This I cannot forgive.
Flag
Hey! Dont blame Linda, its probably the dome making her like this.
Flag
I stopped watching after episode four, but saved up all the episodes and had a marathon this past weekend... Maybe it was the way I watched, but Under The Dome is definitely not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Sure the characters need quite a lot of work, but plot wise, its entertaining enough to keep me intrigued with what's happening, so I'm going to be happily watching season two.
Flag
While Under The Dome doesn't convey it all that well, I imagine that living in a close-knit town where everyone knows each other of course citizens are going to rust Big Jim's word over Barbie's. Big Jim is the smiling used car salesman who had done a lot for Chester's Mill, Barbie is the mysterious stranger that is potentially dangerous, who do you think the townspeople are going to trust?

Granted, no human being should automatically accept the allegations Big Jim placed on Barbie during this episode, but you have to remember these people are scared and running low on supplies. Big Jim is a commanding voice of reason that steadies them. They are under the illusion that if they listen to what he says, and follow his instructions, that everything will be okay, but majority of them are probably just using him as a coping technique. There might even be some people who are suspicious of his accusations against Barbie, but what good would it do them to raise this with him or anyone else? They'd just get themselves into a even worse situation and no one wants that.

Like I said, the show doesn't convey this all that well, and having a bit more detail in regards to characters would help fix that problem, but it's primarialy a plot-driven show, so I don't blame it all that much. If its easy enough for me to accept that the citizens of Chester's Mill have legitmate reasons for blindly listening to Big Jim, I don't see why it should be so hard for Tim or any other viewer to do this. It is a television show after all. We are asked to suspend our disbelief every time we turn a show on (especially with a show like Under The Dome which has science-fiction elements), and this really isn't all that big of a leap to take, so I don't see what all the complaining is about.
More+
Flag
And they can develop these small tight-knit communities in other shows. Like... the adaptations of Salem's Lot and The Tommyknockers, and It. So if they can do it in course of a 2-4-6-8 hour mini-series, why can't they do it in the first season of an at-least 2-season 13-hour series?
Flag
The problem is that we know almost nothing about the community of Chester's Mill or the population. Because the writers and producers choose not to tell us anything about it.

What is it's population? Where is it? Occasionally they throw in a tidbit (the farmies hate the townies!) but that's about it. The show has the smallest co-starring cast I've ever seen for a show that is about an entire town trapped together.

If Stephen King does nothing else, he develops towns as personalities. Salem's Lot, Castle Rock, Derry, Chester's Mill in the novel. The TV Chester's Mill has no personality, and neither do its people beyond the show stars and the one or two recurring guest stars per episode (why isn't MacKenzie Lintz a show star?).
Flag
I am surprised that this show has such a problem remembering it own previous plots and continuity.

Has anyone else noticed that since the MOAB episode where the dome got hit by the "super powerful" bomb which set the roof of the dome awash with flame and blew the crap out of the outside area surrounding the dome and leaving the area looking like a desolate wasteland.

That every time after that when you see the outside it looks like a green wonderland paradise. I am not botanist or whatever but call me crazy but I thought plants, trees, and other general green stuff needs more that 12 hours to spring to life again after a bomb strike, lol.

Is it the shows LOL of stupidity or have a missed some "explanation" for why the outside looks like nothing happend?
Flag
It's also a little ridiculous how the dome was placed "around" Chester's Mill. Have you noticed that in some places the dome apparently extends for miles outside of "town" but in other parts, it's separating one side of the street in a Chester's Mill neighborhood from the other side of the street (like where the kids all touched it)? Some accuracy when placing this dome would've been nice, Dome-People.
Flag
i dont think it was the entire area around the dome, maybe just one side. maybe they just arent in that part of town when they look out of the dome
Flag
At first I thought along those lines as well, but when they show that side it looks like it got nuked and with the whole dome shell awash with flame logic dictates that even the other side should show some varying degree of damage.

ha ha before you say it I realize that I should start trying to use such crazy things as "logic" with this show.
Flag
*should not
Flag
i see a threesome coming next ep.

angie & julia are already in the storage locker. we just need barbie to show up with a pizza. :) bow-chicka-bow-bow
Flag
oh, and one last thing.

Barbie cancelled Firefly

Flag
Barbie was the head of FOX and cancled everything
Flag
Son of a BITCH!
Flag
if big jim doesnt want the dome down...as he said at one point in the ep. why did he send linda off to follow the kids to the mini-dome??

everyone thinks & linda said it may be a way to shut down the dome for good..and jim was like cool...go follow them...even though u are the cop, i give you orders.

Flag
To get the Egg so he can make sure no one else brings down the Dome.
Flag
Linda put out on APB on Julia. An APB in Chester's Mill amounts to sending Junior a text message? Are there any other cops left on this show?

thats exactly what i said to my wife. haha.
also, how did linda know young hotty had red-head hotty in the ambulance. the ambulance was already around the corner when linda came on the scene
Flag
and junior was knocked out... the wife and i both looked at each other and said "how the F does she know it was angie!" and then we laughed.

this is like one of those movies that tries to be really serious and then people laugh during the scenes that are supposed to be so serious. hah
Flag
If Big Jim burned down the radio station, how do the "sheeple" of Chester's Dome know it's time to gather, judge, and execute?
And what happened to those good old days (like 2 days ago) when everyone was going to the "jock" fights at the cement factory and trading their baking soda for table salt? I know Max is gone but it hasn't been that long (like 45 minutes). And besides the factory crowd, who in that town would know who Max is in the first place? And they certainly wouldn't know a recluse on an island in the middle of a lake. I would be questioning BJ big time and primarily because he is the only one that is able to keep track of who Barbie killed in the last 5 minutes.
Is it me or has this show de-emphasized the large frontal expanse of Norrie's forehead in the past couple episodes? And now she is all badass and "I'll cut you!" and even looking psuedo-sexy (for a kid, that is). Are they turning her into Charlie from Revolution? Poor Joe, while Norrie has obviously blossomed, he appears to becoming wimpier with each passing minute. At this point, I think even Ben could take him on.
Dodee let me down with her mushy response to a gun pointing at her by someone that she knows has no qualms with and every intention of using it. The mini-dome seems to have mini-me-ed her. She went from strong-willed, "I can hot wire a ham radio", intent on getting to the source of all dominess to someone that blubbers about people crying while presenting herself as closely to an image of the side of a barn as possible. I was getting ready for her to ask Jim to give her a moment while she masking tapes a bulls-eye to her chest.
Enough complaining and whining on my part. UTD is a show you just love to hate. It's all part of the fun of this series. And Tim's reviews have made the experience all the more fun.
Domeward to the finale!
More+
Flag
Whaaaaaaa!?!? How does the military know about the egg? And Barbie!?

that was the only interesting part about the ep.

.....well maybe the 2 hot chicks on the show in a closet together...could get interesting. :)
Flag
I don't know why I'm still watching this show... I blame Barbie...
Flag
Me too. He grew on me. He better not be dead when we get back next summer.
Flag
Me too
Flag
Linda is the dumbest character i have EVER seen in a tv show. I want her to die much more than i want Big Jim to.
Flag
I actually prefer episodes like these. I love watching the good guys getting framed and then having everyone side with the true bad guy against them. The anticipation of the reveal is great and luckily a lot of the TV shows I'm watching are doing this.

I really hate Linda though. Like Lorie combined with Andrea hate.
Flag
i agree with the lori hate, but andreas ass was so hot in the ep she boned the gov. hah
Flag
And who can hate hot ass, am I right?
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members