An Under the Dome Community
CBS (ended 2015)

Under the Dome S01E13: "Curtains"

Now THAT was how you end a season of television that has been so consistently confusing and stupid yet managed to be a ratings hit. You spend the entire hour making no sense and end the season finale with a big middle finger to the audience. Congratulations are in order to Brian K. Vaughan and Scott Gold, the writers of "Curtains," one of the most glorious episodes of horrible television that was ever created. And for people like me who watched Under the Dome and dared it to sink to depths of absurdity we never thought possible, it was incredible and shocking. You win, Dome. You did the unthinkable. You out-domed yourself.

At no point did "Curtains" make sense nor did it care to. It was an hour that created its own dimension where sanity was vaporized and replaced by misdirected teens. "Curtains" was an incredible feat of idiotic proportions and I loved every terrible minute of it. Let's try and make sense of what happened!

For once, after 12 episodes of defying medical science by functioning without a working brain, Officer Linda actually said something that made some sense. It all started at the very beginning of the episode when the kids were gathered around the mini-dome spouting their craziness about domes and monarchs that they believed based on absolutely nothing. It was the usual dull regurgitation. The kids thought the egg was the power source of the dome. The kids thought the dome was talking to them. The kids thought there was a monarch that needed some crownin'. And Linda said, God bless her, "What is that supposed to mean?" It's a question we all asked ourselves over the course of Season 1 as we watched these mentally challenged children make illogical leaps and accept where they landed as fact. It's also a question that would never be answered anytime during this episode. "I know how it all sounds, but I believe them," Carolyn actually said. Carolyn, shut your damn mouth, you're only encouraging them.

The mini-dome chrysalis hatched and out popped a beautiful Monarch butterfly, the official state bird of Chester's Mill. And it fluttered around. And fluttered. And every time it brushed against the mini-dome's surface, the mini-dome went a little black. And as the mini-dome went black, the regular-sized dome went black, too. There was no explanation for this unless you just dropped acid or were religious, but who cares? This show does not. Why did I even take notes while watching this episode. Every other line just says "Joe is terrible."

Things were really dark in Chester's Mill because the dome went all black, and Officer Linda decided to arrest the mini-dome and take it into police custody or something because these kids seemed so interested in it. When the kids said they needed to touch the mini-dome, Officer Linda barked that since it was police property now, she would do the touching. She actually said, "No! I told you this is police property now. If anyone's gonna touch it's going to be me." But the dome had other ideas and zapped Officer Linda across the room and knocked her out cold. It was great! THEORY: The mini-dome is one of those novelty joke hand buzzers, but for giants. 

Then Junior showed up and the kids decided they had to touch the dome because whenever they don't know what to do, they figure it's time to touch the dome. But without their fourth Domesketeer Angie they were only three keys for four locks, and Angie was still hanging out with Julia. Ugh Angie, always ruining everything. Until Angie rejoined the group, they had to hide the mini-dome from Big Jim because he's a bad guy and he might take it to touch for himself in bad-guy ways and not in cool Keepers of the Dome ways.

Angie, meanwhile, was following Julia to help rescue Barbie who was thrown in jail... again. And because there are only two working cops in town and one was Junior and the other was half-conscious from a mini-dome zap, Angie and Julia just walked into jail and let a handcuffed Barbie out but only after Julia licked Barbie's mouth through the prison bars because these two lovebirds have an insatiable sexual appetite that worries about unsafe hygiene can't deter. It was a totally thrilling rescue! 

Barbie got in a fight with some non-cops, one of them being DJ Phil, and it was like your nephew playing Street Fighter II for the first time and only pressing the medium-kick button. But what a flying leg arsenal he had! Check out these dope moves:

That'll teach you clowns to bring guns to a leg fight!

Soon Angie, Julia, and Barbie met the kids at the secret meeting spot and then the mini-dome started freaking out and begging the kids to touch it, and the kids obliged. First it went red!

Then it went white and gave us a really good luck at these kids' hands!

Then it totally broke apart. Guess they don't make mini-domes like they used to.

But it left behind the egg and that poor butterfly that got covered by all that dome dirt. Everyone was really sad because the butterfly was dead but I bet not one of them was even half as sad over the genocides in Rwanda. Kids these days! Anyway, upset about the dead butterfly, they decided to do what they always do when they're stuck. They touched it. And lo and behold, it came to life! Norrie was really happy.

Then the butterfly flew around and there was some really nice gentle new-age music playing that my aunt would have loved and everyone got to practice staring at an object that would be CG'd in later.

The butterfly flew around Barbie a bunch, so of course Joe said that he was the monarch because obviously the butterfly knows what's up. Just to catch you up on what is going on at this point in Under the Dome, four kids touched a mini-dome, the mini-dome broke leaving behind an egg and a dead butterfly, the dead butterfly came to life, then it flew around Barbie because he was the chosen one for something that we still knew nothing about. Okay, got that? Now erase that from your brain, because that was wrong and only the beginning of one of the most surreal stretches of television you will ever see a grown man waste his night semi-photorecapping. As it turned out, the egg started glowing white and wobbled like a Mexican Jumping bean on speed for horses, causing an earthquake!

Everyone wanted to run away but Julia had a better idea: touch it. So she picked it up and then the egg relaxed, the earthquake stopped, and then the butterfly started flying around HER! Julia was the real monarch, which made total sense because she has orangiest hair of the bunch and Monarch Butterflies are orange. It was so obvious this whole time and I'm an idiot! But seriously butterfly, why were you flying around Barbie before? And why is Joe so convinced that just because a butterfly flutters around near someone they are all of a sudden a divine entity? Does this butterfly not have free will? There are many philosophical ramifications to discuss here, but let's stick with the orange-hair theory because Rachelle Lefevre is pretty. Plus it allows me to go off on this weird tangent:

Sorry about that!

Anyway, Junior's meds must have run out because he expressed some doubts about the "monarch will be crowned" prophecy that the kids all definitively agreed must be an actual thing. Excuse me Junior, but did you not just witness that butterfly fly around and fulfill its destiny of anointing a new lord and savior? How do you explain that? A butterfly flew around people. You can not deny that, Junior. You can't. But Junior still, with facts and truths staring him right in the face, insisted that the egg be handed over to his dad. Junior had another one of his episodes and waved his gun at Julia, but Julia outsmarted him by throwing the egg at Angie, who took the forward pass and ran it out of the place for a touchdown! That's nine points if you had Angie on your Under the Dome fantasy team. Barbie, still handcuffed, rhino-rammed Junior to take him out of the play and the kids ran away. This is the second time Barbie sacrificed himself for Julia in the last few days. I'd say that man deserves a little private audience with the monarch, if you know what I'm sayin'. 

Stay with me guys, we're almost halfway done here. Elsewhere, Big Jim was giving a sermon at the church because the whole town decided now, with all the blackness in the afternoon from the black dome, was a good time to say what up to the G-O-D. Big Jim told everyone not to worry because they would kill someone to appease the dome god, basically. And those suckers bought it! Big Jim even convinced DJ Phil to gather up all the town's carpenters and build a gallows in the town square so they could hang Barbie. And they built it REALLY fast, like in 25 minutes, complete with one of those lever things that activates a trap door. It was a marvel of engineering, really.

Okay, glad we got that out of the way, because here's where it gets nutty. The kids minus Junior and plus Julia ran the egg to the middle of the forest to figure out what to do with it, so Norrie started asking the egg what to do. Then the ghost of Alice came out from nowhere and dropped some huge hints about what this show was finally about. She told them that "we" are still learning to speak with the people of Chester's Mill and that they've taken familiar forms to help "bridge the divide." She also said that the dome was there to protect them not trap them, and that if they wanted all the black gunk off of the big dome they'd have to earn it by protecting the egg. Now it all made sense! Norrie, Julia, Joe, and Angie were all enrolled in some extraterrestrial high-school egg baby project and if they cracked the egg they'd get an F! Time to get a shoe box and some cotton balls.

Except instead, Julia threw the egg in the ocean. Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself here. Big Jim called Julia and told her that either she hand over the egg or Barbie would be hung. Julia wasted a perfect opportunity to say she already knew Barbie was hung (hee hee) and instead said no deal, buster. THEN she went on a boat and threw the egg in the ocean with absolutely no explanation. She just dropped it into the ocean, probably off the coast of Bird Island. Ha ha, Bird Island. For no reason. The most important object in the whole series, the thing that people almost died over, she just dropped it into the ocean. With no possible idea of why she should. It made negative sense. But you know what? Logic can suck it because it turned out to be the right move. 

But before we get to what happened I have to show you this clock. See, Big Jim and Junior were waiting for Julia's answer, and there was a deadline for her decision. Something o'clock, I don't remember. But Under the Dome wanted to show us that we were close to that time and delivered this gem of a shot:

What time is that exactly? 4:00? 5:00? 4:30? 4ish? What is up with that hour hand? The guy who set up the clock had ONE JOB. And it wasn't that hard of a job: Make an actual time on a clock that could exist in the real world. And he failed. Your dirty secret is out, prop guy. You don't know how to tell time. CBS probably paid a million dollars to get this episode made, by the way.

Back to the poaching egg! The egg blew up under water and shot these awesome pink things toward the sky where they collided and made an awesome bright fireworks display of light. This made suffering through the previous 12 hours and 55 minutes totally worth it.

Everyone seemed remarkably cool about it, though. A little too cool, if you ask me. Even the bloodthirsty mob assembled to watch Barbie's little neck snap were like, "Whatevers. Boooring." Barbie didn't even flinch. And Big Jim just kept on yelling at Junior to pull the lever and hang Barbie. Hello!? There was a spectacular screensaver consuming the sky and no one even pointed at it or Instagrammed it! I could only think where Ben and his weed-addled brain were because he would have LOVED THIS. Oh man, Ben and I would have taken Julia's boat out and just blazed and stared up at the sky while listening to some chillwave or something. 

The pink laser show would end soon though when all the dots collided together at a point and exploded in a spectacular blinding light that should have melted the eyeballs of anyone who witnessed it. But instead, we got this last sequence of shots that we'll have to hang on to for the next nine months until this stinker comes back:

* * * * *   Z  O  O  M       O  U  T   * * * * *

We can all argue the value of a satisfying finale that gives some sort of semblance of closure and this was the opposite of that but then we'd be giving Under the Dome way too much credit for being an actual TV show. No, what happened was Barbie ended up with his neck in a noose on some hastily made gallows, Julia threw the egg in the water for absolutely no reason, the sky turned pink and the pink stars were falling upwards in lines, there was a giant firework show in the sky, and the dome turned into an egg. Or it turned into the top of a ping-pong ball or Ben hot-boxed the dome or maybe it's Kermit the Frog's eye when he has a case of some dry skin on his face? Tilt your head to the side, you'll see it.

For those of you who were invested in the show and those of you who stuck around just to see what brought the dome down, I apologize on behalf of the universe. "Curtains" was an inexcusable ripoff of a finale. But I have to be honest. If you didn't like this finale, then you were probably watching Under the Dome in the wrong way because this was better than I could have imagined.

ADDEN-DOMES

– Seriously, what is up with Joe's hand? It looks like he is a construction worker with terrible hand-eye coordination.

– Barbie: "I think we know who you are." Big Jim: "A criminal?" Barbie: "Worse, a politician." Ooooooh someone call the burn ward and make a reservation for Big Jim because Barbie just toasted him with that. 

– Aliens? Apparitions from the future? Dome people? Who are the bringers of the dome? Is it okay if I don't care?

– It's been fun y'all! See you next summer unless I can get out of it!

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/10/2015

Season 3 : Episode 13

522 Comments
Comments (522)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
OMG! I haven't laughed that hard in a while. I gave up on The Dome tonight and surfed around trying to find spoilers (glutton for punishment) and came across your review. From the title to the pictures to the last line: Hilarious and my sentiments exactly! The title is exactly what I said to myself after watching. I almost screamed and woke my husband over the picture of "Goth Dome." You are brilliant and made all those inane episodes SO worth it! You forgot to add that Angie's over the top acting was like watching a nervous breakdown each episode. That girl needed to settle down. One episode she even ran to get water in a tizzy. Oh, and of course Julia totally believing the man who just admitted killing her husband. It's ok that you killed my husband, just promise me you won't ever lie again. I promise. Good, now I trust you completely. I fully intended to never watch again, but now I have to, just to appreciate your reviews! His movies are awesome, but he has some clunkers. In Langoliers it was big furbies eating time. In It it was that big spider from the 50's movies. But I forgive him anything because he gave us The Shining!
More+
Flag
This might well be the best review ever! Lol Still wiping the tears from my eyes.
Flag
I haven't read a review that good in ages.
Now I'll have to read all your posts!
Flag
Tim I LOVE YOU!!!! lol and Junior with that orange hair lmao
Flag
"Under the Dome" is really "Over the Top"!
Flag
Thanks to shows like this so that reviews like this can be written.
Flag
I love your reviews Tim !, this show is nuts!
Flag
For some reason Amazon Prime was hawking this series to watch free, and having read UTD the novel--the first Stephen King book I've read in a while that I actually enjoyed--I decided to run a marathon since the weather was crap. If I hadn't read the book, I might have enjoyed the series more. I found it watchable, but nowhere NEAR the novel. Then again, this was on network TV, and historically network TV doesn't handle Stephen King too well. King himself is writing the first episode of the new season, hopefully that will veer the show back a little closer to the novel's plot and have this show not be "Smallville Under Glass."
Flag
I am okay with the show, but YOU are hilarious! Glad I found you.
Flag
It's the writing that is giving this show the WTF look.

It's like two people with no background in writing decided one day it would be awesome to write a TV show. And then it got filmed. The dialogue is absurd, the conclusions characters come about certain things are too outworldly (and yet somehow right), there is absolutely no explanation about certain things (if they actually put some kind of backstory about wtf the monarch is supposed to be then every time they said "He is the monarch" it wouldn't have sounded so totally out of place)... There are too many things that were just done in very poor taste and totally not on par with what the standard for a show should be.

It's Lost's fault actually. Since Lost every third series after it has tried to emulate the mystery element with absolutely no success.

If they change the screenwriters the show actually has a chance to be good.

P.S. And lol about Tim's bashing, i think only on Revolution he has come close to this amount of "hate" :)
Flag
I love the show but nothing makes sense. Why can't Angie use her play card and threaten Big Jim and expose his sick son, why why why? Its usually the question with this show. I hope Stephen King with his sick, twisted mind does not kill any more characters off, I know that's his goal. Season 2, i wait patiently, but in the mean while, I am watching Beauty and the beast. on CTW or Pixo.
Flag
Frankly, the ONLY thing I don't understand in the show is why Julia doesn't use the radio to tell Linda that Barbie is innocent.
Flag
Barbie said it best: Big Jim is nothing but a politician! Somehow I think that sums it up so well. It's gonna be v-e-r-r-r-r-y interesting when Linda wakes up to the truth of the matter (she's off the floor) and realizes that Big Jim still has a few secrets left unsaid. Meanwhile..we have to wait.
Flag
I found a very good, romantic show that should keep us until Season 2 of Under The Dome.

Beauty and the Beast': Jay Ryan and Kristin Kreuk talk Season 2 romance in 'Kidnapped. I love it, its worth your time.

Flag
Hang on didn't Julia throw it in the lake/sea/whatever because noone could get their hands on it there? She wasn't supposed to hand it over therefore she threw it where noone could get it. The only thing is she better hope she didn't need it for something else. As soon as she did throw it in, the pink sky appeared, therefore she must have succeeded in her mission??? I don't know stop asking questions I can't answer!!
Flag
That's the point. Your not supposed to get it yet. You people just can't handle suspense. Everything will be explained eventually, I promise. Stephen King is damn good at what he does.
Flag
Big Jim could follow the ascending pink stars and locate the black egg.
Flag
Ooh really
Flag
Well I might be in the minority here but I love the show. Roll on next season Please.
Flag
I don't think that we are in the minority, why are the 'nay sayers' commenting, they are watching the show also. This show has a vast number of viewers. I love this sow.
Flag
I'm quite fond of this pig too.
Flag
Well eat it. Pretend its bacon and ham.
Flag
The whole 'gallows' thing was awful. And I don't understand why Officer 'Ms. Law-and-order-and-let's-do-things-properly' Linda accepted Barbie's hanging without fuss. She was just standing there, like 'okay' ... Same with DJ Phil - very uncharacteristic. I did enjoy watching the episodes though, even though it did get a bit weird.
Flag
Linda, she is ungrateful as sin, she is stuck on stupid, Barbie will get away and he should kick her in her crotch, that's where her brains are. Phil should have ran away when he saw that noose, knowing fully well that people like him used to be the target.
Flag
You do realize this is a TV show and not the real worl--... oh, hang on, I just caught your nickname.
Flag
I tend to think it would make a better tv movie or a mini series than a regular series. The story is very straight foward and trying to make it longer only makes it boring and pointless. Although apocalyptic tv shows are something hardly new on prime time (The Walking Dead for instance) the idea of people living on a bubble made a very poetic and original concept.

The characters lack of development and some dialogs are very absurd. The acting is good but the story is confusing, i´m sure that adapting a book has to be difficult yet i find some changes totally unnecesary since the characters dont get the sense they suppose to have anyways.

I loved the first 5 episodes but after that it went downhill, the writing (adaptation) is very poor and reminds me the last season of Dexter due randomness and lack of effort...it feels really amateur and uninspired. Not even the good acting can mask this.

Julia, Barbie and Big Jim are evidently the best characters but the rest of them are really anoying and is like they don´t dare to make them all the good or evil they suppose to be (specially Junior). The girl form the radio station was interesting...but they killed her without chance of doing something interesting with her. They introduced a lesbian interracial couple and that didnt had any development either. The female cop is particulary naive for a police officer without even questioning certain situations, to the point of being totally absurd.

The book is of course more violent and graphic with certain things and if they aint willing to do that on tv it will flop so they obviously developed the show for the wrong network (a more adult permisive network like HBO or AMC seems a more logical call )but what really upsets me is the whole technical aspect of the dome itself is blurry and erratic.

It kills me that they manage to make us watch 13 episodes about practically nothing that they couldnt narrate in a 4 episodes: the season ended and we have no answers (not even a hint) about nothing aside that Big Jim & Family are a couple of c+nts.
More+
Flag
I dont know If anyone asked this question before but how the hell all those green grew back that quickly around the dome? Are nuclear bombs great fertilizers?
Flag
I thought it was just one side of the dome that got hit, so the other side was still green. And it wasn't a nuke was it? Just a MOAB - something as heavy but not as bad.
Flag
I guess they hit the north side and not the other sides.
Flag
Since you are not going by the book,UTD can you turn this into a TV series, plz.
Flag
If you were expecting every little question to be answered 1) at the end of each episode and 2) at the season finale, then I suspect you are in the wrong line of work. Perhaps bar tending would be more to your liking?
Flag
Just like THE FOLLOWING, this show is poorly written and DUMB DUMB DUMB.... The best part are the Episode reviews here, so i hope the show continues. Not because I'll be watching it anymore, because i won't, but because I'll continue to get my laughs from these episode reviews.
Flag
You can't stop watching! Unless you watch you won't appreciate hysterical reviews like this one. STILL laughing!
Flag
Junior Called Barbie a psycho, ha ha, lol, lol. If Barbie is with Julia, why isn't a light bulb going off in the heads of the the ungrateful citizens of Chester's Mill. Linda is a dummy, and why isn't he accused for the murder of Dodee, and no one is asking why. Phil and Linda need another dose of Bad Ass., a strong dose too.
Flag
I have seen the entire season in 3 days , not because I liked it but because it was so funny.and your reviews at the end of each episode was priceless.

the writing was terrible all along , and it reminded me of Dexter a lot , except that I used to care about Dexter so it was painful to watch it.
Under The Dome was different , it sucks right from the start so it's not painful , it's just funny and laughable.

In your reviews you never mentionned anything about How did they move the mini dome ? it was in the woods so he had to dig it out of the ground while he was sleepwalking , and then he just rolled it home ? and the next time they moved it , they had to lift it and put it on a tiny trailer ? and how did they go in ben's bedroom ? becausethe mini dome seems a little big to come through the door ...
Oh and I loved the fact that they are in a giant dome , where water can't go through , but there is wind inside.When you see their hairs in the wind it made me laugh a lot.

this season was a complete disaster and a complete mess but it made me laugh.hard to see dean norris in this , it shows how writing is essential to make a good show , good actors are nothing if they had bad lines to say.
More+
Flag
These questions have REALLY simple answers, you have to remember none of this is based on reality:
The dome is probably made of a really light material, not heavy glass.
Windows.
Water CAN go through the dome, that's established pretty early on. Also the dome has the power to create wind currants AND the dome is big enough to have it's own micro climate.

Flag
Over the top review!! I'm a big SK fan but haven't read this one and thought I could save some time watching rather than reading--it is a really long book. Big mistake--there's another season?!?! However, your review made it entirely worthwhile!
Flag
except for there being a dome, some of the main characters and aliens the series is not even close to the story-line in the book...if you're an SK fan then read the book, it's pretty good. Really enjoying these reviews though....:)
Flag
All I can think about when I watch this show is the Lonely Island video "Great Day" Tell me that isn't Junior ;-) +1 Tim for your reviews. It is the perfect cap to each miserable episode!
Flag
I have read in another forum that Julia is pregnant with the Monarch? Is that possible. She is not the monarch but she will give birth to it, and that Barbie is the chosen Male donor. Yesss, that will be awesome.
Flag
That's a great idea! Would make sense, since the butterfly seemed to like Barbie, maybe it was thanking him for his... ehm... donation... :P
Flag
He is hung. lol, if he doesn't get hang.
Flag
Nooooo take that back. Barbie is the only eye candy on there. he has to make it!...for me?!!
Flag
I seriously have to wait till next friggin summer to watch the rest of this?!? not cool
Flag
First may I say how much I appreciate how well this article is presented and now let me say that this series ended like the book did. King never told us anything. Did he expect to write a sequel and never got to it? Is it like The Supranos and just went to black... I dunno. Maybe next season we will be able to watch "The Stand" as a series. M.O.O.N spells... Dome.
Flag
Seriously? Wow, thanks for the info re the book... I had assumed that the book had a lot more substance! You mean to tell me that the story that made up that entire brick was only the mess from season 1? Wow.
Flag
Loved the show, can't wait for season 2. OK so the sheriff is a bit "blond", but remember she was a junior deputy and was put in this position unexpectedly. Some characters do thing without explanation, well the dome is influencing them to do it and remember there is a reason it has fiction in the title. I live in a small town and love to try and connect people in town to people in the show and wonder what would happen in real life if our small town should get cut off from the outside world. I am thinking in the line of natural disasters not aliens. Sit back and enjoy and if you don't like it go watch survivor or something more "realistic".
Flag
I loved the finale. Hope Barbie is not dead. I think Barbie, Julia, and Angie are my three fav characters of the show. Yes, I was thinking the same way too. The big dome is actually a big 'egg' or something? So, it's an alien show, right?
Flag
I stopped watching that show after 2 episodes, but I do read your review, saves me a lot of time and makes me laugh. Thanks
Flag
Barbie didn't die in the book.... but then again, nothing else followed the book. I'm going to be absolutely pissed if they kill barbie. Ill stop watching.
Flag
The funniest episode review I've ever read! Thanks Tim, I had a good laugh. This show really is stupid with the characters acting as if they had no brains. This episode totally sucked, but I still like watching this show. I like some of the actors and I want to see where it's going, I hope I haven't been contaminated by the show's lack of logic!
Flag
I did not like the ending it is so confusing whether barby was hung or not.
i don't think that i will watch next season

Flag
Oh, I think we can all agree that Barby is definitely hung.
Flag
ahhaahha
Flag
Before Under the Dome, I looked at Curious George and Andromeda on Youtube. I will look at past episodes from this show, and continue to look at Curious George and Andromeda until Season 2.
Flag
the idea was original, the pilot was fine, then the story became quickly very slow and very lame
this show does not deserve a second season

by the way, since when a hero is called Barbie ??? WTF
Flag
Tim, you do your best work when you review really bad shows! This is your calling and don't you dare try to get out of it!
Don't you see? You're "The Chosen One", you non-orange haired Monarch! I bet Butterfly's follow you wherever you go.
P.S. I'd totally touch you, if you were a dome!

Forget your Breaking Bad reviews, this stuff right here is where you shine!

I am absolutely thrilled that I watched this atrocity, because reading your reviews had been an unforgettable experience and the highlight of the U.S. summer. I'm Australian, so it was winter for me but seriously:
People of The United States of America: Forget summer trips and sunbathing! ^This Space^ right here is where you should be spending your summers!
Thank you Tim for appreciating insanity and making me laugh HARD for the last 12 weeks! It's been an absolute pleasure :-) Very much looking forward to next year or the next terrible show that you'll be reviewing!

P.S. Can anyone tell me what other awful shows Tim reviews (or will be reviewing) besides Revolution and Under The Dome ?? Much appreciated.
More+
Flag
Well said!!
Flag
Big Jim called Julia and told her that either she handed over the egg or Barbie would be hung. Julia wasted a perfect opportunity to say she already knew Barbie was hung and instead said no deal, buster.

ahahahahaha *died laughing* As if I wasn't already peeing myself, that zinger finished me off.

Best recaps ever! I don't even have a word for these shows but oh, so dumb but so good. I can't wait for next season!
Flag

Flag
When that pink shit started up, I knew I should have watched the episode stoned. Not that there wasn't already a compelling case for that.
Flag
Well, I loved the show. It was a bit difficult to get in there but I kinda watched it today back to back and with no resting for your head it makes sense. The whole "drop it in the sea" thing was clear as day: Make sure Big Jim Douchebag doesn't get his hands on your egg. BAM go fish! I really liked it. It reminds me of a few storylines from Vaughan I read before and I'm really looking forward to the next season. What some people may call "crazed absurdity" I call "finally a frakking show that doesn't follow the same frakking rules like any other frakking show out there".

Screw the crime shows which show you who the killer is by letting him be interviewed in the first 10 minutes than be left alone until the last 10 minutes. Screw the antics of comedy shows that only live by the "4 thirty something guys do stuff that should remind you life is good but you can never actually do yourself because...you know its real life." And screw them scifi shows out there that make you sit through 8 case of the week episodes just to end the season like "well, you're all dead now..good by....*ZAPP* DEUS EX MACHINA!!!!....seems like you survived another 110% assured death scenario with divine help....lets do this again next year."

I love a show that toys with my brain. Not many out there do any more. Keep it up...and please... let Big Jim and Junior be majorly arseraped. And have Officer Linda return to her post as a lollipop (wo)man.
More+
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Very well said!
Flag
in the next season the dome will turn into...a spaceship and fly off into space :P
Flag
It will turn into a huge brain and start distributing pieces of it to the brainless, scarecrows in Chester's Mill.
Flag
Flag
I would love that! :D
Flag
I love the show, can't wait for Season 2. I want all the actors to be in the show, let them see how wrong they were about Barbie and that Big Jim is the devil's spawn. Can't wait for Barbie to kick Linda in the crotch, and go Bad Ass on Big jJm and Junior. Phil will not approach again, he got his share of Bad Ass.

As long as Julia and Barbie are in the show, I am good.
Flag
Only good thing about the UTD is it makes Dexter's last season seem great...and for that I'm thankful, also loved your review ;o)

hmmm still I think I will be back next yer lol ....
Flag

HEY, remember Julia is the Monark. She just knows what to do. She can actually see dead people too. And by the way, LOST this is just a new way telling the same story. The dome is just a vail. All are dead and that is that.
Flag
Tim, this review is a masterpiece, really enjoyed it!

Although I liked only 4 episodes of this show (first 2 and last 2 episodes) I will stick with it, no doubt. And I loved the finale, I liked the cliffhanger and the fact that we now have a glimpse for the dome's origins. I also have some theories about some of the unexplained stuff that happened:

1) Black dome: I guess is part of the crowning ritual. With the butterfly hatched, it was sure that it will hit the mini-dome to "fall the curtain" (isn't the episode called curtains?) to prevent the rest of the world from watching the crowning of the monarch?

2) Egg in the river: It will be 100% safe there, don't you think? Although I would never do such a thing. I had a glimpse that Julia was going to do something stupid because I think she said "there's nowhere we can hide the egg, Jim will eventually find it". Or he would torture them to tell him where it is. Now they can tell him. He will never touch it down there, although I think the big bastard will find some scuba diving equipment...

3) Butterfly on Barbie: I think Barbie will be the monarch's companion or the second monarch.

4) The whole nonsense mysteries and dome+egg caprices: it is obvious that they are psychological tests. To see how humans will react. We are now sure it's aliens behind it. And the "alien" we saw wasn't there, they can't take human form. It was an hologram (they used the flashlight on it and the light passed through it), projected from the egg or whatever projects the dome. I find them irritating.

PS1. Let's hope S2 will have more sense, although I found the series to be the new LOST from Ep1...

PS2. I really hope we will have you reviewing the next season as well!
More+
Flag
PS3. You can throw all your theories in the river on Bird Island because the Dome told me you're thinking too much! ;-)
Flag
I can't help it, I am a nerd, like Joe. ;)
Flag
Re: Your comment below. If you ever want to trade LOST and The Vampire Diaries theories - I'm your Norrie! ;-)
Flag
Hahaha! I will let you know when I start writing them, because I mostly keep them in mind. ;)
Flag
Ha! I love that answer! ;-)
Flag
:D

You should see me trying to explain other supernatural shows like LOST, Supernatural, True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, etc... ;)
Flag
Flag
I can't wait for everyone who believed Big Jim to fall flat on their faces and realize what a manipulitor he was XD
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members