An Under the Dome Community
CBS (ended 2015)

Under the Dome S02E10: "The Fall"

"The Fall" was a very typical episode of Under the Dome, summer television's domiest science-fiction charade. All the hallmarks of scripted lunacy were there. There was a Dome, people avoided answering questions, some girl almost got locked in a bomb shelter, the Egg complained about things with an annoying high-pitched whine, and one unfortunate soul was impaled on a stalagmite. Classic Dome

Years from now we'll be asking each other, "Hey, remember that show about a Dome, a wobbly purple Egg, the girl who hatched from the Egg at the bottom of a lake, caterpillars, propane, and a town with a revolving-door sheriff policy?" And people who are lucky enough to have never seen Under the Dome will slowly back away from us while dialing 911. Because as implausible and insane as it sounds, those things are what this show is about. It's as if a five-year old snorted half a bag of sugar and made up a story on the fly and then someone made a TV series out of it. You know, like Axe Cop, but with a less believable plot.

"The Fall" picked up right after the cliffhanger from last week's episode, during Big Jim's thrilling reunion with his not-so-dead wife Pauline after she returned home following her teleportation from Zenith to Chester's Mill because she went through a red door in Zenith and ended up in the middle of the lake in Chester's Mill. And as is the cast with most of Under the Dome's cliffhangers and major plot points, the resolution to this one was entirely uninteresting. However, at least Dean Norris got to make some great faces as Pauline explained that she'd faked her own death and moved out of town because she thought the Dome would follow her, sparing her family the pain of being trapped underneath a Dome! Well, well, well, Pauline, don't you think you're important? Over the course of one chat, Big Jim experienced the four stages of emotion that a man who learns his wife faked her own death and ruined their kid's life because she thought that a Dome would follow her if she moved: anger, confusion, being on the verge of laughter because the story he's hearing is so ridiculous, and then super anger.

The most clever part of "The Fall" was the title, as it referred to another Dome-created microclimate change that accelerated the onset of fall (the season) and DJ Phil's fatal fall (a swan dive to a puncture-y death). Also, if you squint extra hard, that first lower-case 'L' could be an upper-case "i," which would make the episode title "The Fail," which also accurately described the hour. 

As for Chester's Mill's latest meteorological catastrophe, the Dome was accelerating the change in season, which was revealed when Rebecca the Science Teacher noticed local foliage changing color, signaling the onset of an early autumn. The temperature also dropped a few degrees and various characters said, "Brrrr!" and rubbed their arms for warmth. This sent Julia's head spinning. 

There, there, Julia. Let the concept of an unseasonably cool summer day sink in and just go with it. Or don't let it sink in, because this climate crisis was barely even discussed for the rest of the episode and had zero influence on the story. It probably helped that most citizens of Chester's Mill put on long-sleeved shirts. Looks like we'll have to wait until next week before winter comes and things get really serious when Chester's Mill suffers a sweater shortage. 

But there was no time to figure out what was really happening, because Barbie was back, and the music swelled and romance splattered across the screen as Julia and Barbie, America's sweethearts, embraced and kissed. Then Joe hornily kissed Norrie in a creepy pervy way and suggested they do a lot more like maybe dry hump. Then Melanie and Junior kissed for some reason? All three mouth-chews happened within a matter of minutes, in three quick scenes! It was an assault on our senses as mouth noises invaded our earholes and extreme close-ups of mismatched couples drinking each other's saliva stained our eyeballs. It was a waking nightmare that no one should have to see ever again. So let's watch .GIFs of all three racy liplocks! 

Ugh, grosser than watching your parents slip each other the tongue, but it looks like Joe and Norrie might actually have a real thing going behind the scenes? TV.com isn't a celebrity gossip site, but I'm going to make it official: They are totally doing it! 

Anyway, all this sexiness awoke Angie's Dome-ghost from her slumber, and she warned Junior about following his heart—but honestly, she came off as totally jelly now that Melanior was in full effect. Go back to being dead, Angie, you had your chance with Junior and you blew it by complaining about being locked up in a dungeon and smashing a snow globe over Junior's head! Britt Robertson sure seemed thrilled to be back, though:

Most of the rest of the episode focused on Barbie, Sam, and Pauline explaining what'd happened to them over the last few episodes (they searched for a red door because Pauline painted one and then they teleported into the lake in Chester's Mill—will I ever get tired of writing that?), which was so much fun for the audience. And while we viewers were revisiting a bunch of stuff we already knew, the people in Chester's Mill inferred what the Dome wanted in whatever way benefitted whatever psychotic path they were hurtling down. It was like watching superstitious people read their horoscopes and twisting the words to justify their nutty behavior. For example, "Maybe the Dome wants me to jump off this cliff and hunt down this shrieking Egg?" even though the Dome was just sitting there minding its own Dome business. And Big Jim is the biggest and jimmest offender! The man is certifiably insane. In fact, this show might just be about Big Jim slowly descending into madness and creating a fictional reality about Domes and Eggs inside his oatmeal brain. That's the only possible ending for Under the Dome that would satisfy me. 

Also, does anyone know what the point of Hunter is yet? I mean, obviously he's a bad guy, but was it really necessary to bring him along on the teleportation trip through a red door that plopped people into the middle of the lake in Chester's Mill? I have no idea why he's on this show right now, other than to be totally stoked to see two of his favorite internet celebrities, Joe and Norrie. 

This is how someone who writes for Under the Dome thinks "computer people" speak: "You're Joe McAllister, vlogmaster. And @NeitherNorrie, slaying the world 140 characters at a time." BARF. The word "vlog" is only used by hip grandparents and people from 2003, but Under the Dome won't shut up about it. And Twitter has never been used for anything meaningful, ever, so "slaying" might be a little strong. For their part, Norrie and Joe recognized Hunter as the HoundsofDiana.com webmaster and the guy who "direct Tweeted" Norrie. So now they're all friends until Hunter outs himself as a spy for Barbie's dad or he makes a move on Norrie.  

From there, everyone made a mad dash for the Egg. Big Jim and Barbie wanted to hand over the Egg to Barbie's dad in exchange for getting everyone out of Chester's Mill, and the Domesketeers wanted to protect the Egg because they're all crazy and Egg-sessed over it. Barbie convinced Melanie to join team #GiveUpTheEgg because he figured out that Melanie is his older half-sister (duh) and that was enough to change her mind, I guess? Big Jim eventually found the Egg (that Junior hid where Big Jim wasn't supposed to find it: on Big Jim's property) because it was screaming loud enough for him to hear, and Joe and Norrie, with the help of Hunter, turned a radar gun into an Egg detector, putting them on a collision course with Big Jim. This seriously happened on a television show that costs millions of dollars to make and that Amazon purchased for more than a million dollars per episode. 

Like, I'm trying to make sense of it, but it's so hard, guys. Big Jim walked Norrie and Joe at gunpoint to the bottomless pit inside the locker that teleports people to Zenith (ugh my brain) and demanded that they throw the Egg over the cliff, but when Joe and Norrie didn't want to do that, Big Jim just sorta slapped it out of Norrie's hands and it fell down the hole. 

And based on the earthquake that happened next, that may have been the wrong decision! Yes, the Egg gave the Earth a tummyache and everything started shaking comically like it would at an Earthquake "attraction" at a ramshackle theme park that's about to go bankrupt. That is, some things shook wildly and there were some overaggerated items jumping off shelves while other things couldn't be bothered to move at all. I mean, Pauline looked pretty chill during this major tremor. 

If you watch closely (or even barely pay attention), you'll see that a basket falls from the ceiling. Why is there a basket in the ceiling? And why aren't the vases on the shelves moving at all? I can't stop picturing the production assistants off camera, twiddling sticks to make the light fixtures and wall paintings shake a little bit. 

During this monster quake, the Egg screamed again and Melanie passed out for no obvious reason other to make something happen, so Barbie and Julia took her to Sam and they injected her with a bunch of drugs. But that wasn't even the weirdest thing to happen during all of this. 

The absolute best thing happened when Just Plain Phil (who's no longer a DJ or an Officer or a Sheriff) was stuck in his jail cell while all this shakin' was a goin' on, and his cell broke open, so he ran out as fast as he could and zipped through the locker to jump off the cliff into the bottomless pit because he'd heard it was a way out of town. Only instead of ending up on a playground in Zenith, this happened!

Well! That was a pointless death. Thanks for playing, Just Plain Phil. You were an integral part of the Dome's mysteries. The only question now is who Phil's Dome-ghost will visit.

Now the Egg is (maybe) in Zenith thanks to Big Jim's hand slap on Norrie, and the only (maybe) exit out of the Dome is closed off, replaced by that spiked-pit background from Mortal Kombat. Under the Dome has turned in a handful of insane episodes in a row that so far have amounted to nothing but confusion, headaches, and misery. It seems like Under the Dome is playing the long game, because we're not much closer to an explanation for the Dome than we were when we first heard there was a TV show coming out called Under the Dome. Can we rely on each other to help us through these final three episodes of Season 2? Would anyone else like to do these reviews for me? Does anyone know what is going on?

ADDEN-DOMES

– Is Melanie the town whore or what? She was previously linked to Sam, then Joe, now Junior? She goes through men like Chester's Mill goes through sheriffs. Keep your pants on, girl. 

– Oh man, the scene where Pauline had a major headache and she was painting was brutal even for this show. 

– So all that time spent making a big plan to talk to people in Zenith and complaining about the order in which people would get to exit Chester's Mill was for... nothing? Great.

– Was there enough kissing for you, or did you want more?

– Should I have said "Ce-web-rities" instead of "web-lebrities"? 

– Where do you think Lyle is? In Zenith? Somewhere in Limbo? Drowned at the bottom of the lake? Hiding in a dumpster?

– F, Marry, Kill: the Dome, the Egg, and Norrie. GO!

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/10/2015

Season 3 : Episode 13

282 Comments
Comments (282)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
When Julia and Science Teacher are discussing the chill climate and the brown leaves it would have been so cool if Ned Stark passed by and said "Winter is coming"
Flag
Why did anyone think they'd need "permission" to leave, egg or no egg? If everyone just ups and goes over the cliff, who's going to stop them? What's Barbie's dad going to do, shoot them all?
Flag
Am I the only one who would jerk it to Norrie's n00dz?
Flag
I swear this show gets lame by the episode! who the fuck writes this crap?
Flag
So many LOLs in this ep. I don't even know where to begin. That "earthquake" scene alone... LOL!!! What do you think Phil's last thought was? Why am I picturing a Price Peterson "Mistakes were made" screencap? LOL!!!
Flag
Don't Know if there gonna have the same ending of the book but if u read it u guys will have an idea of what is going on.
Flag
No you won't.
Flag
my heart beats a little faster when Jr was bout to hit Sam. The show is so pathetic that even a tiny bit of action like this gets me excited.

Julia/Barbie's plan to be the first and last to go is actually pretty good. big jim should have supported that rather than stealing the egg.. i really dunno why stealing the egg and knocking it off the cliff is a good idea. there was absolutely no pros to it..

so glad phil is gone. finally!!
Flag
I'm 2 episodes behind, gotta catch up fast.
Flag
I think someone in the music department has been watching "Twin Peaks", and thinking, "well, this show is balls compared to TP, but at least I can make it a little bit better by ripping off the Lynch-esque mood music".

Go back and listen to the music in this episode, and the one before it. You'll hear what I'm talking about.
Flag
I'm decidedly having more fun reading your reviews than watching episodes, so that's what I am going to do from now on. I do kinda sorta want to know how it ends without having to suffer through another one of these. So, thanks for writing. RIP, Almost Human, you delightfully layered world filled with interesting characters that have something to say that we have just started to discover... Instead we will go to the place where nothing happens, and no one knows who they are... well...
Flag
But the episodes are like "second screen" content to Tim's reviews! The reviews are the main attraction, but the episodes make the whole thing better.
Flag
It has taken me two days to watch this episode. And I mean starting and stopping so many times. I think this is actually becoming a chore. Thank god so many good shows are fixing to start back.
Flag
I've been wondering why Noorie and Joe haven't had sex yet. There's no adults to really discourage them. What? They're horny teenagers.
Flag
You haver mentioned this in so many comments over this review. Why are you so obsessed?
Flag
To me it's unnecessary tension. The show is full of so much tension to begin with that two horny teenagers with no adult supervision really just wastes screen time.
Flag
But she doesn't want to have sex in the dome!
Flag
I was soo bored watching this one. My favorite part was the egg closing the door on its way out! At least Phil is free!! Lol
Flag
I'm calling it now...

The egg will suddenly reappear glowing in the lake once again and it will rise up, the camera will pan to the hands of none other then Lyle.

Norrie will moan, Joe will use a Windows product, then something will happen to the dome, we learn yet nothing of what it's going on and then *CLOSE CREDITS SEASON 2*
Flag
How come @NeitherNorrie has 576 followers only?
Flag
there hasn't been a tweet for over 2 weeks - UNSUBSCRIBED!!!!!!!1!1one!eleven
Flag
People applaud the fact she hasn't tweeted yet.
Flag
This show gets sillier and sillier after catching up with two episodes didn't take long fast forward through the kissing what is this neighbours LOL

Loved the many faces of Jim hilarious after watching this actor in Breaking Bad its a wonder he keeps a straight face reading the lines. The egg detector they need a Frying pan and a spatula job done , but the most upsetting scene was the screeching egg I think twice next time when i have eggs benedict. The story with the Barbie dad being mr bad and his liaison with 80's girl mum is boring ,at least DJ phil got spiked he was wasted character . So now the door is closed they drag this show for another seven seasons with more easter eggs followed by periods , dandruff more plagues of Dome. This show is at least more entertaining then Boring Skies
Flag
This show is sooooooooooooo bad it kinda makes it good ;p Plus reading your reviews Tim makes it all worth it
Flag
Use the egg to fuck someone else, use the dome to kill someone I don't like and marry Norrie to someone else I don't like.

That solves some of the problems ....
Flag
The thing I like about this show is that if you try and explain it to anyone who has not seen it you will come off as insane. If you and someone that has seen it talk about it, you know it IS insane. However, I do enjoy it.
Flag
phil went from cool dj, to revenge filled man of action, to police officer, to complete idiot with no idea what going on and being used by anyone of status... this end cemented his 'downfall' in a poetic kinda way, cos he got the point in the end.
Flag
F the Egg, Kill Norrie, and Marry the Dome.
Flag
The ever-changing weather under the dome should feature some sort of wind that both sucks and blows. It would be the perfect metaphor for the show itself.

Flag
This Eggstravaganza is so awful that it's not even funny any more and to top it off there is no officer moron to lean on to.. Adios dome depot.. You will not be missed !
Flag
I was so happy...i thought...good they are back, they are going drop everybody from the cliff and the whole series will be done...
of course Big Jim had to screw everything up as usual...can somebody please kill that character...so now they are stuck again and now for sure they can't get out....meaning CRAP....we have to watch how they will kill of each other when all the food is gone and when everybody turns into canniballs....
I know the show is to crazy for words, but somehow we ALL keep watching...

Flag
Oh man, the scene where Pauline had a major headache and she was painting was brutal even for this show.

yeah, i said to my wife...wow, that was like a scene from a bad soap opera.

Flag
so true! the script is soo bad! that Dean Norris suddenly cant act, is this the same guy from breaking bad? hard to believe!
Flag
does the show have a season 3 or is it supposed to end...PLEASE MAKE IT STOP as mama junior screamed

Flag
I found it funny they couldnt even get that line right.

the guy who "direct Tweeted" Norrie

Flag
i could swear Angie is the older sister of Maya form Girl Meets World.
Flag
Maybe Lyle is off recording a cover of another song to put on sale the night of the finale. I'm hoping it's "Dome Split". (Gotta love that hook/chorus. Yeah, warning, NSFW other lyrics.)

With only 3 eps left, it seems like the show has chosen the "milk it" route. I was really hoping it would at least trickle out some dome lore (who, why, etc.) like last season. Even the Beckett's mom story (Castle) was trotted out more often than dome lore has been.
Flag
No more doming under the bridge with DJ Sherrif Terrorist Kidnapper Vandal Dometerrent Food Hoarder Fail Phil. Sad times.

In other news when I watched the Falling Skies finale the other night I really thought "this show has finally reached it's Under the Dome moment". It probably had before but I was too domed to notice.
Flag
Lol it got there last season.
Flag
Definitely Cewebrities, Tim. Now for the important stuff:

Fuck: The Dome -- seriously, fuck that thing. It's destroying our lives
Marry: The Egg -- makes for good bedroom lighting
Kill: Norrie -- what, did you expect anything else?
Flag
From what we know about Lyle, the most probable of the options presented is that he's hiding in a dumpster. He will reappear in season 3 when someone throws a bag of trash out and we hear, "Ouch!" from inside the bin.
Flag
Shhh, don't give CBS any ideas about spinning off Under the Dome as Inside the Bin.

Flag
All the king's asses and all the king's men, could not put his dumbest of dumb egg dome back together again! Geez, talk about a serious waste of time. Cracked me up just fast forwarding it - literally. And even at that speed, it was Baaaad!!!
Flag
Hey Tim, you forgot to mention that Melanie and Barbie are siblings now...
And when this season's over we can all be proud to be the brave few who managed through 2 whole seasons of this show.
Flag
Big Jim's 3rd face is so creepy

Okay I have a question cause I only read these reviews and dont watch it: Wasnt the young boy (Joe?) kind of with the young girl (Norrie?) and wanted to have sex with her against the dome, but then Dome Girl came (whats her Name again? ) and then Norrie got all jealous and didnt Joe like Dome Girl more afterwards? and now he is kissing Norrie again? Help ;)

Anyway Tim I know ist hard but we need you! I feel sorry for you and I hope you will be able to tie your shoes in the future, but you have to keep on doing the reviews.. even if there will be 10 seasons (imagen!)
Flag
Thank you for another chance to show this picture again

And yes, he exchanged a kiss (or saliva as Tim liked to put it) with Melanie, the formerly killed, dead, buried, arisen town whore (once again, Tim's words). But now he's back trying to convince Norrie to do something I do not want to see.
Flag
aaaah ok.. but I mean.. hä? I did a bit of Google work now and isnt Norrie 16? and Joe 13-15 or something like that? and Junior probably 19--21, so Melanie kissed a Joe and Junior? thats a bit weird Dome Girl and how old is she? - but hey I mean she got killed before - maybe u take every chance you get afterwards
Flag
For my post Under the Dome: 24 important questions I did some research on them as I found it ridiculous that kids of that age would be talking about having sex. I know they're teenagers and have hormones, but still. Plenty of other ways to deal with that.

The actress playing Norrie and the actor playing Joe were both 16 when it aired so they might have been playing 16-year old characters. Their age is never revealed in the series (the book does not count as it is the book and this is the tv series). As Chester’s Mill is supposed to be in Maine, the state law says they’re old enough to have sex. It was one off my polls in the post and not all the voters agreed with the writers.
Flag
maybe Melanie wants a Dome baby - she wants to keep the dome family going
Flag
ah ok.. well Norrie is 16 - CBS says it ;)
and yeah Wikipedia says Joe is 13 haha

anyway that Melanie is not picky
Flag
Norrie needs to get laid.
Flag
Pauline invented a new painting technique - 'completely-dry-brushy-strokes-on-painted-surface'. Btw, I love the collection of her creative artwork stored in her studio. Impressive... No doubt Big Jim's coming to studio and staring at those 'masterpieces', after his wife 'died', scrambled his mind.
Flag
It's the best technique, I use it and come up with masterpieces all the time! :P
Flag
Just when we thought the story was moving forward, it fell back "Under the Dome" with "The Fall". I think the shows biggest problem is that the writers are trying to make it like "Lost" at which they fail terribly. Rebecca, Joe, Norrie are being given unnecessary screen time when we want to see more of Junior, Melanie, Zenith and Barbie's Father. I'm sticking to this show only because I've been watching it from the start and do not want to abandon it. I had high hopes from Season 2 but so far it had been just "okay". Now next episode is quite predictably Chester's Mill battling the "Ice Age" that will be sent by the Dome. Well looking at the progress so far, I guess Season 3 is on its way as Season 2 so far has hardly revealed anything. But I think now the time has come that they let the cat out of the bag because unnecessary Screen time to Joe, Norrie or Rebecca is making the show boring. The show needs to gather pace if they want to keep "viewers" for Season 3, if at all that is happening
Flag
Oh god the scene where Pauline had a headache! give that woman an academy award... for convincing someone to give her a job.

Did Joe learn how to act from watching Mark Waldberg in The Happening?

I miss the good ol' days when the Rennies were killing everyone in town...
Phil's impalling kind of cheered me up though. We will remember his rise from DJ to plot device of the filler episodes.
Flag
I hate her more than Norrie!!
Flag
Hahaha, I'd like to think that the actor who plays Joe knows that he's contractually obligated to finish this terrible mess and no longer gives a shit. That's what Mark Wahlberg did with The Happening.
Flag
I quit watching this show, because I'd rather spend 42 min (without commercials) doing something else. However, I still come here for the recaps, kind of like slowing down for a car crash. But I really am agitated about this freaking show.

Has any single writer on this damn show even read the book that it's based on?!?!? I don't get where any of this crap that seems to fill up an hour of TV time every week comes from, because it sure as hell wasn't the novel. How 6 million people watch this crap every week I cannot fathom, whether there's a lack of new shows on or not. Go rent a movie!!

I looked forward to this show when I heard it was being adapted because I really enjoyed the book; but after watching 8 episodes of season 1 and reading recaps for the rest. I don't think Stephen King should badmouth Stanley Kubrick for changing The Shining ever again.
Flag
Like slowing down for a car crash, but much less dangerous for everyone else, and I applaud you for that. I watch the show, but it is getting harder to do so for every episode. Always read the reviews though. I feel for Tim. He is taking one for the team. Like reviewing a Terry Goodkind book. Tim - you are my hero.
Flag
This show is one of the best comedies on TV! It has more knee-slapping, LOL moments that most shows. And it allows me to then read your hilarious recaps, Tim! I'm not even going to get into all the ridic, but yes all the talk about who goes first was a complete waste of time.
Flag
I look forward to this show more than any others right now(most of the shows I was watching just finished). It's just so ludicrous and hilarious. It's probably the best example of a T.V. show being so bad its good there is or ever will be.

Flag
Great minds think alike! I wouldn't say it's what I look forward to the most (that's Teen Wolf) but I love to watch this mess every week.
Flag
Great review Tim, I did watch the episode and kept visit the website waiting for your review, but when they will cancel this show??? the story is really horrible......
Flag
Ok so I don't watch this show but I for some reason read these reviews every now and then anyways. But I just wanted you to all know that I've figured it out. *SPOILERS* That basket clearly fell from the roof because that's where the dome eggs were originally stashed, and the dome wasn't created by aliens but none other than The Easter Bunny ! Likely because he's fed up with people like the Kardashian's getting more recognition than him etc.
Flag
Why aren't shows like this cancelled and yet good one are???
Flag
Ratings. Under the Dome is one of the more popular shows on T.V. with something like 6 million viewers. Especially during this time of year when there's hardly anything to watch.
Flag
I keep asking my self the same question every time... Why???
Flag
Because shows like this get really good ratings, unfortunately.
Flag
Dean Norris's character died in the best episode of television ever. Less than 12 months later, he's involved in the worst episode of television ever.

Summary of the episode:
Kissing (between 1) a couple who've known each other 3 weeks, one of whom killed the other's spouse; 2) a couple who've known each other 3 weeks, one of whom called the other a bitch; 3) a couple who've known each other days, one kidnapped his girlfriend and locked her in a bomb shelter, the other was dead for 25 years)
Stuff we already know
More relationship crap (see 'Kissing')
Geek Alert
Stupidity
Return of Phil (easily the worst part)
Death of Phil (easily the best part)
A ghost using more logic than any other character
Selective memory (Junior: "He murdered a girl" - the same girl Junior locked up)
DOMEQUAKE
More stupidity

I think that's it.

Tim, writing your reviews for you would at least give me an incentive to not wait as long as possible to not watch an episode.
Flag
This show. I am not even sure why I am commenting. I know I am not a high member of this community (thank goodness) where like even if I am dismayed with an episode of TW, i'm ranked like number 2 there so I feel I need to say something even if it is very I told you so (which I sort of think I am going to be saying next week and I should look for former posts especially my questions about Peter etcetera).

But, I just am baffled. Will they just get to the aliens already. I mean, come on, start providing answers to someone. I understand we are apparently moving past the aliens and having some sort of corporate bad guy behind it all (so, CBS mandate maybe? if you are going to be outside our norm, you must be anti corporation). How on earth are we supposed to be feeling about Junior? I am so confused about him.

I just don't know.
Flag
CBS Will no doubt try to influence the writers to work in some sort of subversive Republican or Tea Party plot behind the Domes existence.
Flag
I know I am not a high member of this community (thank goodness) You can become a high ranking member (I'm 4th) even without being the biggest fan of the series. Just write some comments and a few fun posts about it. It happens without being able to do anything about it ........
Flag
I don't even look at those rankings. I don't get why a site like this has something like that. Commenting on shows doesn't need to be a competition.
Flag
You obviously missed the sarcastic nature of my comment.........
Flag
Yeah, I can just never bring myself to about anything. Rather be high in a show I love. This season, something odd over there is that I can only count on three or four regulars
Flag
That's a pity, as every community post where a contributor really tried to make something out of it deserves more attention. One of the problems of the site is that the whole community system still is not in place, so there is no support for community writers. One simple issue being that followers should get notified if you've written a new post. It will boost the following and the reading. Most of my ideas have been written down in a post: Functionality I would love the site to have. The post was never promoted by staff but still gets good comments (we're at 154 now).

We still have a long way to go before the site will support us community writers in a good way.
Flag
Now let's change some of that dialogue. It does not make sense... but hey it's the dome, so what does? xD

Flag
So Julia's husband Peter was killed by a man named Barbie who's twice the age of his older half-sister who came back to life after a magic egg was thrown into a lake which is connected by the Swirly Thing of Remembrance to a red door in the garden of his old house.

This plot is so simple even my dog could follow it. Or write the next episode
Flag
I actually had a lot of fun watching this episode , I watched it this morning , I went to work and I just watched it a second time , and it was still funny.
there are so many funny moments in this show that every scene has something to make fun of.

last week episode :

this week :

so yeah that's how you keep a low profile , by walking in the street in front of everybody ...
And I just realized something , there is a garbage problem in chester's mill !!!!
Big Jim have to do something about that !!!

remember when they did a funeral for angie ? and a wake for barbie ? are they going to do a funeral for Dj Phil ? or they just gonna leave his body down there ?

2000 people in town ? really ? andrea had enough food at her house for 2000 people ? I am not an expert but 2000 people would need quite a lot of food.
and the food was served in the dinner , so how does it work ? 2000 people and a dinner that can have maybe 50 people inside.maybe there is a drive through that we never see ? and how many cooks works there ?

where is caroline ? where is ben ? honestly it really looks like there is 100 people in town at the most , 2000 is ridiculous

More+
Flag
Don't forget they have running water and gas. There really seems to be about 60 people at max given how many that have been camera. Most of the town was at a parade in the neighboring town when the dome came down.
Flag
Some of your questions were posed and more or less answered in my community post Under The Dome: 24 important Questions. Red it and have fun.
Flag
If you look at the town itself, 2000 sounds too low. If you look at the number of people we've seen, it obviously sounds too much. But there's no reason to think that we've seen a large percentage of the population. So I have no problem with the 2000 figure. I agree that there's no way that Hoyt's mom's could feed 2000 people, but the way I see it, it's that claim that's problematic, not the claim that there are 2000 people in town.

By the way, this can be found on the official web site of Chester's Mill:

Chester's Mill is a thriving community with nearly two-thousand year-round residents and a Summer population of nearly fifteen-thousand.

http://www.chestersmill.com/community.php
Flag
Most of the town was away when the dome came down, including all the firemen, all of the town council except Big Jim, Joe and Angie's parents, etc.
Flag
But it's also summer, so maybe "most" are the 13000 people that make up the difference between 15000 and 2000. Yeah, I know, it doesn't make sense that so many people would be gone, but there's a lot that doesn't quite make sense here.
Flag
If she had food for 2 people for ten years (a wildly stupid assumption, but hey), that would be 7300 days of food for a person. For 2000 people that would be under 4 days of food. Hmm. I guess it's running out about now.
Flag
And you'd think they'd be out of gas too. ;) Logic does not work inside the Dome. Besides it secretly refills the house with food when everybody goes to sleep.
Flag
Elmer Fudd version is the best. Ce-web-rities. So that automatically makes it way to good for this show. You used the right one.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members