An Under the Dome Community
CBS (ended 2015)

Under the Dome S02E02: "Infestation"

In order to maintain the full head of steam that has made it an unstoppable summer sensation and the television show we'll be talking about for generations to come, CBS's Under the Dome needed to follow its spectacular Season 2 debut with something incredibly strong and compelling. So imagine my surprise when "Infestation" brought out the caterpillar "infestation" storyline, the same story that was used in Breaking Bad's third season, The Sopranos' fourth season, The Wire's fourth season—all the greats, basically. If Under the Dome is breaking this gem out in only Season 2, then we must already be in its golden age? Slow down, Under the Dome! Save some content for Season 46!

"Infestation" was a much more focused episode than "Heads Will Roll," at least by Dome standards. And by that I mean it wasn't just random words coming out of characters' mouths, ghost sightings, and facts about the effects of magnets on human brains. This was a bona fide crisis-of-the-week episode, with man's natural enemy, the caterpillar, looming. The hour had it all: caterpillars, pre-cocoon butterflies, post-cocoon butterflies, dead butterflies, more caterpillars, Danaus Plexippus, and winged monarch crowners. But there was also a major storytelling development to show us that Under the Dome is maturing beyond just a series about a dome. There's an axe murderer on the loose, guys. And everyone is a suspect. Even the caterpillars. Especially the caterpillars. 

Things got off to a hot start as "Infestation" began with Under the Dome's specialty, the steamy energy of its two romantic leads. Nothing portrays the sexiness of wet sheets and thigh cramps like the emanation of post-coital bliss from Julia Shumway the journalist and Dale Barbara the drifter/husband killer/Lothario. 

But they were not alone! Dozens of hundreds of perverted butterflies were getting a clinic in one-way romance. 

Julia acted like this kind of animal attraction happened everyday, like she's Snow White or something, but I would've been scared like a little girl. The first thing I'd do in her situation? Tape up the windows for fear of being asphyxiated in a sleeping bag made out of magnetic butterflies (that's my worst nightmare). Where did these butterflies come from, anyway? In Season 1 they were outside the dome, but now they're inside the dome? Monarch butterflies are migratory, annually flying thousands of miles to Meh-Hee-Co to lay eggs and party. But now they're in Chester's Mill, which means either they were always here, which they weren't, or they found a way into the dome, which they haven't. Something to think about, writers. I'm over butterflies, honestly. This show has made me hate butterflies. And domes.

While Barbie and Julia spent the day rolling around in bed and unfairly getting Julia's hopes up that they'll get married one day and not doing anything about the many problems plaguing the town, Rebecca the Science Teacher noticed something was amiss with her garden. 

In jail/Junior's apartment, Big Jim told Junior to open up the school because Rebecca the Science Teacher was going to start classes again, teaching "things that matter, things that will help the town get back on its feet." Like Domes 101, Dome Math, Caterpillar Genocide, How to Put Out a Fire with a Tractor, and Latin. 

It meant that Junior would come across Angie's corpse, which made me giddy with anticipation because Junior is a love-obsessed psychopath with a gun and a badge. What could go wrong? 

Angie's body was covered in butterflies for some reason. Was she the real monarch? Or are we overthinking this and butterflies just like snacking on hot chicks? Or did Under the Dome not want to pay Britt Robertson another episode appearance fee so it decided to cover her in butterflies? This show will surely take some of these mysteries to its grave. 

Back at the diner, it was coffee time! One rogue Under the Dome writer is having a field day with this coffee business. I'm on to your personal inside joke, you prankster!

What the heck is going on at this diner? It's still operating like there isn't a dome overhead or that supplies are still coming in. The place had better be selling Denver omelets for a thousand bucks a pop. This place is ALWAYS full and only one person works there. And when Angie died, Big Jim dropped everything and filled in. Say what you will about his murderous tendencies, propane stealing, and drug manufacturing, but Big Jim gets shit done. 

Rebecca the Science Teacher was busy spreading the word about the dangerous caterpillars and warned Big Jim that by her estimation, more than half the town's crops were already eaten by the striped worms. She got all sciencey. [ACTUAL DIALOGUE] "I don't know if it's because of our isolated ecosystem or the magnetic fluctuations, but something has caused our butterfly reproduction cycle to accelerate," she said. "Killer butterflies, huh?" Big Jim responded. *snip* *edit* *submit to Emmys* 

But then Captain Buzzkill showed up with some bad news:

I almost forgot that Big Jim made DJ Phil (to be known as DJ Officer Phil from now on) a police officer after Officer Linda got squished by an SUV. Do you realize what this means? It means that all the cops in Chester's Mill now weren't cops when Under the Dome debuted. One was a mentally ill maniac and the other was playing psychedelic afro-jazz on the radio. Now they're cops. Let that sink in for a bit. And the two original cops who weren't Linda were shot by other cops. I don't mean to criticize Chester's Mill's men in blue but there are probably better police forces out there. 

Using his incredible police skills, a flashlight, and standard human eyesight, DJ Officer Phil noticed a bloody footprint on the ground and the race to find the murderer was on. Between the bloody footprint and a bloody handprint on a locker, it was like some bad '90s performance art in the school hallway. 

Out in the woods, Norrie and Joe were just trying to get away from all the madness and bud some teen romance, and Joe totally bunted his way on to first base by saving Norrie from a patch of poison ivy. 

The power of their liplock killed a bunch of butterflies, which fell to the ground at their feet. It was apparent to me that the only way this infestation would end would be if Joe and Norrie weaponized their anti-butterfly sexual energy and had sex against the dome. 

Dang! I guess not. (Classic Norrie, that tease.)

Just a few steps away, Joe and Norrie found Dome Girl (the girl who hatched from the mini-egg that Julia threw into the lake) taking a nap in a pile of leaves. A lot happened in just that small 10-square-foot area! 

Things got really sad when Joe found out that his sister was split open by a raging axe murderer. Naturally the bad-news-breaking fell to Barbie, because this guy with the clutch "look away so I don't have to take responsibility" move definitely didn't want to do it: 

Meanwhile, the accusations of who killed Angie were flying everywhere! 

We had a real whodidit on our hands! The bloody footprint matched Dome Girl's shoe, so she could have done it. Angie told Big Jim that she would have killed him, so he had motive to do it. Junior was drunk and blacked out, and he woke up with Angie's bracelet, so he could have done it. And Sam is some strange guy who lives in a cabin, so he could have done it. Who do you think did it? 

And let's not forget that caterpillars were terrorizing the countryside and eating all the crops that so far no one has done anything with at all on this show since the diner feeds everyone. Rebecca the Science Teacher had a plan.

After having his life saved by the dome and Julia Shumway after he tried to kill himself because the dome told him to via Ghost Officer Linda (?), Big Jim leapt to the conclusion that the dome was testing him. Maybe you've had too much coffee, Big Jim. But despite the obvious deterioration in his mental functioning, Big Jim still showed that he's cool under pressure, unlike Rebecca the Science Teacher whose first instinct was to burn everything to the ground. (However, I would love to say I'm really enjoying Rebecca as a character. She's got a lot of sass from whatever pole is lodged up her butt!) 

Big Jim's plan was to rain pesticides down on those tubular menaces from a plane, but time was of the essence because these caterpillars were extra hungry. After a dick-wagging contest about who should fly the plane, Barbie got air and peed DDT all over the infested fields.

However! All was not easy flying a plane in an enclosed airspace and soon many problems arose! The last field that needed to be sprayed was too close to the dome's perimeter! Getting close to the dome could fry the plane's navigation system! The plane was running out of fuel! It was all too much! Barbie dropped the last batch of caterpillarcide but he was too close to the dome, like Icarus flying too close to the dome in the famous myth "Icarus and the Dome." 

What happened next made no sense. Big Jim pondered for a while and then told Barbie to flip a switch but would not tell him what it would do. I had high hopes that it was an ejector seat switch and Barbie would be launched to freedom (before falling parachute-less to the ground), but Big Jim kept the meaning of the switch a secret. "Trust me," he said. Barbie flipped the switch and then the plane was fine. Because the switch opened up a reserve fuel tank. 

Will we ever learn why Big Jim didn't say, "Flip the switch, it opens up a reserve tank of fuel" or understand why he didn't address the issue when the plane was running out of fuel earlier? No we will not. 

With the crop-destroying larvae annihilated, we returned to the mystery of who killed Angie. Which meant lots of people hanging out around Angie's corpse because apparently the morgue was having an open house. Junior was there holding Angie's hand and possibly thinking about necrophilia.

Sam and Julia did some forensics and determined that the killer was a man! But no one told Joe and Junior, who were convinced that Dome Girl killed Angie so they went to shoot her in the face. 

But Julia arrived just in the nick o' time to give the bloodthirsty boys a critical bit of information.

But this episode wasn't just about insect eggs eating away at the town's crops, it was about the eggs of doubt eating away at the strongest of two-week relationships. Barbie and Julia argued about whether it was better to believe in time-tested science (Barbie's argument) or that a magical dome could talk to people and pre-ordain people's destinies (Julia's argument). Julia didn't help her cause when she said this: 

But life and the celebration of death must go on, so Angie's funeral was starting. Why is Angie is the only one who gets a funeral? What about Linda? She just died, too. But they just left her crushed corpse under an SUV by the dome. I'm calling racism. 

Just outside the memorial service, this exchange happened and I'm not going to change the dialogue at all, so enjoy. Remember, this was at the scene of Angie's funeral.

WHOA INSENSITIVE! Way to hold a grudge, Rebecca the Science Teacher! Angie was chopped up by an axe yesterday, you're at her funeral, and the first thing you do is chastise her for playing hooky. Wow, I LOVE this woman. Will you marry me pleeeease Rebecca the Science Teacher?

So that's what happened in "Infestation," guys. It was a real thrill if you ask me.

Also, I'd like to thank Gislef for being of the same mind as me with some Dome-roasting in the comments section below. Get out of my head, dude! 

What did you think of the episode? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/10/2015

Season 3 : Episode 13

257 Comments
Comments (257)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Although the first season started going downhill around the fifth or sixth episode it was a mild downhill and kept me interested. But so far I've seen two episodes of this season and I am starting to wonder if I keep watching it.
Is it only me the one who is annoyed for the fact that a lot of characters know that Big Jim is a serial killer and not only don't say a word about it but they are OK around him? I mean, nobody stands up and says "Hey, he killed all the people you were going to hang Barbie for!"
BTW, nobody cares about finding who killed these people? In these two episodes the thing went
  1. "Barbie did it"
  2. "Let's kill Barbie! Revenge! Revenge!"
  3. "Barbie didn't do it"
  4. "OK, pour me some more coffee, please?"
And the science teacher... I only hope the Dome kills her in the next episode... more annoying than Linda and Black Lesbian Widow toghether.

And, for what I peeked from next episodes and next season, it seems it is going downhill faster from here. Yay!
Fortunately Doctor Who returned. And I hope Sherlock is back soon. I need a dose of good TV to counteract Under the Dome.
More+
Flag
I love Tim's reviews!!!!!!!
Flag
So much blood!! So much butterflies! So much BLOODTERFLIES!!!
Flag
MOAR!!!
Flag
I must say that Joe and Norrie did a very good job on refraining to dive down on those fluffy pancakes and steaming-hot scrambled eggs. and with fresh coffee too ( yeah, Tim is totally right about the coffee haha )! plus, I hate to say that, but Joe looks like he could really use a decent meal. what bothers me is that usually, in Kings novels, food is so important! does anybody remembers the beautiful scene in Kings The Stand, when Mother Abagail goes a long way in preparing some fried chicken with corn for some of the survivors, and that it sounds ( or should I say smells? ) absolutely delicious, just and poetic?
Flag
I love the officer DJ story arc, the writers are going with a "you are what you wear" policy, you want to be a cop wear a cop shirt, then, use all your years of disk jockey training to solve that murder, just like you solved the murder of your best friend Doddy you never talk about anymore. the writers of Under the Dome should all be given Emmys.......presented straight up their buttholes.
Flag
I didn't want to watch this drivel this week. But I so needed to read your review that I made myself sit through it. It was horrible. Thankfully, this review made it all better again, just brilliant :)
Flag
The best part for me was the Big Jim Stand Up in the funeral. He thinked Joe was angry to see he in the funeral, so, he make a discurss and a joke
Flag
I've never seen an episode of this show, just like the recaps a lot :). Good fun.
Flag
Wow this show is just terrible. I can see why Brian K. Vaughn left this nightmare. It's the network equivalent of the later seasons of True Blood - shallow writing, lame murders, stories that go nowhere, and just plain shoddy writing. People must be incredibly bored or even dumber than I thought to keep watching this trash. The ONLY good thing to come from this show - are Tim's hilarious reviews! I'll tune in for the reviews every week without question, but no way will I actually watch this show anymore.
Flag
i think this show will get cancelled if it stays like this *_*
Flag
This has now become my "must see" show.
Flag
Also Stephen King clearly was writing this during his Psychedelic days!
Flag
Great review thank you for revealing the stupidity of the show , where do u start well butterflies first off they have to number one suspects little knifes. Big jim and his leader of the community this is the same guy that hangs people at will, kills farmers, radio chick and also promote disc jockeys and mentally unstable son, good old Jim LOL.

Need to kill more cast members Barbie and Julia have to go romance kinda boring I expect the dome to switch to absorbing shit and they will get squashed like linda . Caterpillars are dangerous all that eating then we have Catterzilla stomping over the good sensible people of Chester Mill . I shall get heavily intoxicated for the next installment from the looks of the promo the shit will go down . I am undecided which of this shows Falling Skies or Under the Dome damm it I watch back to back LOL
Flag
I believe the DHS has dropped the dome because the people living in Chester's Mill are so incredibly dimwitted morons that they are a risk for national security.
BEST DIALOGUE IN TV HISTORY
Guy in Cabin: "You should always trust your gut feeling"
Julia "Alf" Shumway: "People in town tell me otherwise"

I laughed so hard because she was basically was the first character roasting herself for making absurd decisions in ever single scene with her wannabe bedroom smoldering look that makes her appaear like a Teletubby on meth.

Another highlight in TV History was Kiddo Joe's sixth sense, when he sees a bunch of people an automatically knew it was his sister, he went further by asking questions to the town people and even answered them himself. Amazing!!!!

Without a doubt, the people writing Under the Dome are doing it for a laugh, there is no way that someone is getting paid for that kinf od hackjob with this little qualification. Just like the drawings of Juniors Mommy, they drew them themselves and laughed their butts off.

Flag
oh and i should add, this episode was sponsored by the Monsanto Mafia, there is no longer organic farming in Chester's Mill
Flag
'This show has made me hate butterflies. And domes.'

couldnt agree more.
Flag
ROFL. The memes were 100 times more entertaining than the actual episode! :D
Flag
Without a doubt!
Flag
I dont watch this shower - never seen 1 min. BUT I love those Reviews haha
Flag
Why would one ever watch a shower anyway?
Flag
This show is hilarious! Best comedy on the box these days!
Flag
I've started watching the critically panned Revolution. I mention this because the first thing I thought after I watched the pilot was that it looks like a masterpiece next to Under the Dome.
Flag
Revolution now we talking LOL
Flag
OK so they acknowledge that Monarchs only eat Milkweed.. But as a amateur entomologist this notion that they magically start to eat something else is ludicrous. Every single species of Monarch only eat Milkweed or some variant of it. It does this because milkweed are actually mildly toxic and serves as a defense mechanism. It'd be nice if they could magically start eating something else cause the species is actually endangered between habitat loss where they overwinter(Mexico btw) and pesticides killing off milkweed in North America.. So yes using this as a plot point just because Monarchs are photogenic n not say an actual pest like idk.tent caterpillars is sloppy writing. The rest of the plot was as ridiculous and I'm done with this show.. Goodbye Dome I no longer care who gets out and if they all Die. To save time I'll just go read the book.
Flag
I can understand why people are turning away from the show. Didn't expect that 'because monarchs have to eat milkweed' would be the reason though.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Hang a minute are u a writer of this show or something LOL
Flag
Excuse me, Mr. Amateur Entomologist, but have you ever experimented with exposing Monarchs to STRONG MAGNETIC FIELDS? My back-of-the-envelope calculations indicate that a strong enough field could make a monarch butterfly eat a cheeseburger, never mind wheat.

Magnets - how the **** DO they work?
Flag
Now listen here Children if you don't calm down you shall sent to the dome !
Flag
No writers could be this bad unintentionally. It has to be a joke. Like William Shatner -- for years we all laughed at him with his Rocketman and TJ Hooker, only to find out he was in on the joke the whole time.
Flag
this episode should have been the pilot
Flag
Actually, I just watched this thing and Tim's version is not better. You must behold this clusterfuck in all it's original glory to truly appreciate what utter crap it is. There are buildings and trees and people--airplanes and crops and a giant invisable dome. And yet there is absolutely nothing there. Look out Plan 9 From Outer Space--we have a contender for the most ridiculous thing ever filmed. God this thing is bad, and forgive me for saying this, but it's actually worse than the ending of Lost--and I wrote an entire book about that piece of crap. But this is mind boggling bad--throw a brick through your TV bad. Oh, and did I mention it's BAD?
Flag
I'm just waiting till that alien/entity shows its true form.
Flag
You know, I could watch something good with my lunch today, I've got Banshee, Orphan Black, Suits, Orange is the New Black (watched the season 1 finale yesterday, and it was great), Covert Affairs, Justified, House of Cards, and many more--Oh, and Rectify. But I'll probably watch this crap instead, just because it so unbeleivably stupid. My question: What the hell is wrong with me?!?!
Flag
Because None of those (awesome) shows make you laugh uncontrollably, but this one does. You know it and you need it.
Flag
Your version is so much better!
Flag
It's weird for art, especially art that I didn't even pay for, to make me angry about how bad it is, but this show's writing does. It's not so much the dialogue - I mean, obviously, it's terrible dialogue, but dialogue writing is hard, and the bar is pretty low when you're writing for network TV.

But for the love of God, the basic plotting - the movement of characters from place to place in a plausible way - is some of the worst I've ever seen. The whole "emergency fuel tank" thing was idiotic. For whatever reason, they needed Big Jim to save Barbie's life from the ground - and that was literally the best thing they came up with? A clever third-grader (or a dumb sixth-grader) should be able to come up with three better ways to achieve that in under ten minutes - but these are professional writers, getting paid in real dollars?

I'm willing to give someone a break for not nailing the hard stuff, because it's hard - but this is basic stuff, and they're AWFUL at it.
Flag
Couldn't have put it any better myself...
Flag
"the movement of characters from place to place" You put into words what I was trying to think felt wrong about this episode. The characters just sort of stand there and don't transition into the next scene appropriatly. That must be the directors short-coming.
Flag
Not to spoil things but, Junior did do necrophilia in to the book to Angies body.
Flag
Oh please. How can you spoil crap? Shit on it? It's way too late for that.
Flag
True, very true.
Flag
Please tell me that you are reviewing this show every week - so fun and totally awesome!

I tend to enjoy crazy shows as long as the pace keeps moving so I continue to watch Under the Dome. It has veered so far from the book that I never know what to expect. But, regardless of Big Jim's "redemption" he is still obviously a bad guy. If I was Barbie, I would have punched him right in the face as soon as I landed. Jim was definitely and obviously considering letting Barbie die and to laud him as a hero irritated the crap out of me. I hate story telling that has seemingly intelligent adults acting like sheep. Ugh, anyway - surprised by the deaths, looking forward to seeing more of Eddie Cahill, and bring on the crazy as long as the hilarious reviews keep a coming.
Flag
You should read Tim's reviews of this steaming turd of a show from last year - spot on and hilarious.
Flag
I think this show recently went into the "It's so bad, it's BAD, but it's really good" territory and I feel like we're even going to witness more WTF moments. I seriously can not wait!

It's so weird that they don't even think of asking the lake girl this question: "Why did you kill Angie?" I dunno, I thought they should have as this is a very bizarre town with a lot of dometastic mysteries. Perhaps Angie's murder is kinda related to the Dome? And OMG seriously, why didn't they do a funeral for Linda? I thought "when she made it to class" was awkwaaaaard too LOL.

I love these reviews so much, I'm watching this show only to enjoy them more.
Flag
I'm just gonna go with numbers and logisticky stuff for now (see what I did there?):

In a town of under 1,200, you might think that sooner or later you'de pretty much recognize everyone by sight, after a while. My high school was as big as Chester's Mill! So where do these strangers and long lost acquaintances keep coming from? Hollow Earth? And shouldn't the population be declining at a rapid rate? Just the murders and accidents alone should have taken a toll.

And did Barbie really say "two weeks ago"!? Hell, there were two whole days in this episode alone! Is this thing running in real time, like 24? Or are there regular solar eclipses under the dome? I'm sure I could count way more than 14 nights if I went back to Season 1, but ... well ... I don't want to .

And how the hell did they run out of everything (except coffee) so fast? Must be the worst conservationists in the world. I can go two weeks in the wilderness with a 25 pound pack. And yet they've got farm's and freezers and gas stations and boats and groceries store and ... and ... tons of stuff. Not to mention gardens, forests, lakes, and creeks which, presumably have some living things within! How the hell could they run out of food in two weeks! What about all those cows that had heartaches or got sliced in half when the dome came down. Why didn't they pick the caterpillars for food rather than burning down half of their crops. (OK, that's a little over the top ... of the dome)

I think our teacher is a bit short on certain concepts, mostly those surpassing a Grade 3 level. Like the fact that rural areas produce a significant surplus of food. That's whole point! Without a signficant reserve, they could never have bought any of those cool things like boats and cars and shoes and clothing and schools and doctors. A newspaper? A radio a station? Those are worth a lot of potatoes!

They do seem to have a lot of gas, what with not being able to drive outside the dome and all. So why wasn't that plane full of fuel? (Then again, they do seem to drive around in circles an awful lot.)

This town could really use a few people who understand ecology, not to mention math, electromagnetism, and basic economic principles. Not to worry, some of them will probably pop up from underground next week.
More+
Flag
That's not even half of it.
If we're assuming there were only 2 weeks since the Dome dropped down, then that means the entire town went nuts about a lack of water after what? 2 days?
Not to mention people were fighting each other in those stupid pit fights of Max's for food after what? 5 days?!?

And why on earth would they burn or ddt the crops? Isn't that seriously dangerous?
They could burn half the town or worse - poison the few water supplies they have since they aren't going to get new ones anytime soon.
Flag
Horribly great.
Flag
Greatly horrible!
Flag
Either way.
Flag
ok, loved the first episode of the new season, but the second one, is just like the first season...lot of things are happening, but actually nothing is happening...
First that teacher...she really is obsessed with Jim doesn't she..the way she looks and talks about him...loved how Barbie became the hero...hahahahaha
Junior is really losing it....if he cannot remember that he killed of Angie...god knows why???
I really wander where they are going with this and how long it will take before the dome is gone.....
PS: Hate seeing Big Jim so softy..that makes it less fun to watch...!!
Flag
I also love the fact that everyone saw Barbie as the "hero" when the whole town wanted to execute him 2 days earlier. YEAH YOU'RE COOL I GUESS.
Flag
More like "Under the Doh" amirite?

Flag
"With the crop-destroying larvae annihilated, we returned to the mystery of who killed Angie. Which meant lots of people hanging out around Angie's corpse because apparently the morgue was having an open house. Junior was there holding Angie's hand and possibly thinking about necrophilia." - Pretty much exactly what happened in the book...
Flag
Every episodes gets dumber and dumber to.. It's like they are opening for Jim carrey.. lol.. Now only way to succeed is to go all crazy..

btw.. The drawing should win awards Tim.. Epic !
Flag
It actually did! It's from a famous children's book:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Very_Hungry_Caterpillar
Flag
Haha thanks for the info :)
Flag
Anyone else feel really happy for the actors when they get written out if the show?
Flag
I'm pretty sure most are praying for a quick end to their contracts. Except maybe Little Joe, Little Nora, and Crazy Junior. I don't seem them getting jobs in adult productions anytime soon. On the hand, who knows? Maybe all of these actors have campy sensibilities and love it as much as we do. If so, it must be murder trying to keep playing it straight.
Flag
Brit Robertson deserves better than this crap fest. How can a show go so far downhill after a decent pilot???
Flag
I'm not sure if it's even possible to rate any of these episodes worse than the last, but if so, this was a real stinker.

They got rid of the worst character/actress in Linduh and replaced her with an equally if not worse character/actress in Rebecca the sciencey teacher. An all knowing oracle looking to be the new hellraiser of Chester's Mill. I didn't think it was possible for them to find someone worse than any of the ensemble that currently infest Chester's Mill.

I'm glad they didn't go the direction of Revolution and instead kept it a horrible horrible.... horrible horrible horrible show so that we all get the chance of taking a break from all the quality TV we're so used to.
Bottom line if it isn't bad it isn't Under the Dome.
Flag
"If it isn't bad it isn't Under the Dome" Perfect tagline!!!!!!
Flag
I don't understand Rebecca the Science Teacher! Her whole shtick is that she is a SCIENCE teacher and then she takes sides with Big Jim when he starts saying the Dome is testing him? Rebecca the Science Teacher most have gotten her degree from the inside of a fruit loops box she found in the yet to be an "Under the Dome" set insane asylum. Which I'm expecting to be wedged between a field of unharvested wheat and a chocolate factory...

Why do people still like Big Jim? I mean the real question should be why anybody ever liked or trusted him in the first place.

Also I started watching this last year legitimately because of Brit Robertson. So... not a very solid move show. I am still waiting for the butterflies to crawl into her body and become some sort of butterfly puppet corpse. Now I would enjoy that instead of proceed to hate watch this mess...
Flag
I never thought I'd defend the crap that is this show...

But my guess is Rebeca must have thought that Jim is nuts but talking to him about the dome master plan might have been the best way to turn him around her little finger.
Flag
I'd like that to be true. I thought with the half wit cop being crushed to death, we would be rid of the dumb characters in jobs that require an once of intelligence. But this show must have some sort of quota system...
Flag
It's kind of ironic that while condemning someone else's intelligence, you make a spelling error yourself. It should be "ounce of intelligence." It could be just i typo, but just pointing it out. Hehe.
Flag
I'm guessing 'science teacher' hatched out of the same egg as dome girl as some sort of ying/yang deal - there's no way anyone who came up with the stupid magnet plan, the scorched earth plan for dealing with pests, and is now gearing up for a human cull after two weeks of isolation would get hired to teach at school.
Flag
well, I stopped looking at it last year and staerted to look at it again this year just because Eddie Cahill joined the cast, so...
Flag
I liked it. I just love barbie. I wonder why that dome girl looked at Barbie like that and he her. My theory is dome girl hatched out of the egg Julia through into the lake.
Flag
no shit sherlock
Flag
:) I know I know still I had to say it outloud
Flag
"I'm Dome for!" - Ah, this show deserves every single dome pun it ever gets.

I liked this episode, as defined by not needing to chant 'goosfraba' after it ended, and I have to admit, I guess I liked the last episode, too.

But this may have been the most terrifying episode I've watched so far, because for a split second, I actually thought the butterflies were healing Angie in a magical dome cocoon of love. I thought they were toying with my emotions and something expensive in my house would have to pay the price.

This show is awful, but I'm kind of at peace with it right now. Dumb blonde is gone, dumb cop is gone, replaced by will-certainly-be-dumb-enough cop, and Big Jim feels all warm and fuzzy inside. I don't remember exactly what, but something in this episode made me smile as I watched it.

No, I remember: they let Junior be alone with Angie's body. I know she kinda forgave him, and made sure to trust him with all her diabolical plans, but as far as the town goes, that was pretty much the most messed up thing they could do to her.

Coroner: "I haven't even seen her yet. Why is she already naked...?"

Still, I do wonder where the bald black lady chose to hide in Big Jim's house all episode, now that she can't hide in Angie and Joe's all episode. I guess now that her wife's dead, her kid is more of an option-to-buy.

Bald Black Lady: "Sure, I'll let Big Jim feed my child while I sleep. What could go wrong? Maybe tomorrow, the budget'll let me make her breakfast or something. Caterpillars got all my screen time..."

Anyway, I had fun. Sometimes, when you stop trying to climb out of the pig pen, stop screaming in horror, and resist the urge to hurl, it's not a bad way to stay cool. *Sage nod*
More+
Flag
I wanted to clarify something I said up there. I didn't smile because I was happy that Angie's mutilated, butterfly-nibbled corpse was violated by Junior (and we all know it was); I smiled because the show was lousy enough to keep Junior there alone with her body in the first place, which was one of the dumbest things they've done.

[BOOK SPOILER...kinda]
v
Now, it's been said somewhere on this page that in the book, Junior did, stay with her body, and he did, indeed, do what we'd expect him to do with it. What makes it so stupid in this show is that they want to make Junior more acceptable, so they don't make it obvious that he violated her...but they kept him there, alone with her body.
^
[end of the kinda BOOK SPOILER]

It's too late; it's Junior. You can't make him a skeevy, kidnapping, murdering psychopath, and then walk it back unless it's a pretty-boy vampire show (hear that, Tyrant?). The idea that the smattering of people in charge said, "This girl was so 'important' that we're actually going to have a funeral this time...but in the meantime, her body's safe with Junior," yeah, this show is stupid, and it made me smile.

Anyway, the purpose wasn't to look better; it was only to clarify.

More +
Flag
I quit this show 3 episodes into the first season but I love to pop into the reviews. So funny and ridiculous.
Flag

I'll torture them and kill them! I'll rape their cat! If they don't have a cat, I'll buy them one!

Flag
Now THAT was funny...
Flag
snort! "You stalked her, you killed her with an axe, you killed her butterflies." "SAY IT!" "You stalked her, you killed her with an axe, you killed her butterflies."
Flag
"I'll put on a fresh pot." bwhahah
Flag
yeah, I think this was my last episode... I just watched it hoping Angie wasn't actually dead because, let's face it, she might be stupid like the rest but Britt Robertson is one of the better actors on the show. and she wasn't a complete archetype person either way.
Flag
I think she found a new project which is not so stupid. We should cheer for her.
Flag
the same thoughts here. Angie is gone then the story becomes dumber. Kill his brother. I dont know is the production and writer are high when they do this episode. Seriously! You heard your sister died and the one thing ill do is to ran away and do revenge? no time for weeping aye? So more his just a boy. Pls dont treat your viewers as morons.
Flag
Her character died in like the first chapter of the book, so I'm just glad we had her as long as we did.
Flag
Tim your reviews are the only thing keeping me watching, they are so funny. Thank you.
Flag
I thought Angie was one of the chosen ones, so how they supposed to do whatever it is that they are supposed to do? Can 3 people just kill Big JIm? Is that even what the dome is still telling them to do?
Flag
Haven't you heard? The Dome is Dumb, it has no idea what it's doing
Flag
Maybe that's just what the dome wants you to think! Dumb like a fox!!! Whee!
Flag
Good one :-)
Flag
This is epic, how can this show become dumber episode after episode?
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members