An Under the Dome Community
CBS (ended 2015)

Under the Dome S02E04: "Revelation"

Call me crazy, call me stupid, call me insane, or call me Junior Rennie, but what I am about to say will explode your head like Norrie learning Melanie Dome's backstory. 

Ready?

This episode of Under the Dome was actually pretty good! 

True, it made no sense 90 percent of the time, but it did deliver answers to some of the Dome's greatest mysteries, and face it, if you're still watching this show, it's because you're like WTFDOME? And yes, these answers may've been pulled from a chicken's ass, but they're now officially part of Under the Dome's legacy, so let's all update the show's Wiki page in permanent marker because they are 100 percent truth if we're to believe the ramblings and flashbacks of a comely zombie time-traveler who hatched from an egg at the bottom of a lake. 

Some of you might be reading this without having watched the episode, and all I can say to you is, hold onto your pants because the revelations—HOLY SHIT THAT'S THE EPISODE TITLE—of "Revelations" will blow your Jordaches clear off your butt and out the window and into a puddle of muck on the side of the road where a hobo will pick them up and wear them while it train hops across the Midwest. Prepare to get DOMED.

The episode began like all great episodes should, with Rebecca the Science Teacher thirsting for the blood of useless resource hogs. You may think that she's super liberal because of her scientific background, but she's as Republican as they get when it comes to citizens freeloading off the juicy teat of government stockpiles. This is actual unedited dialogue from the opening scene, and the reason Rebecca the Science Teacher is my favorite character on any television show in the last 2,000 years.

Rebecca the Science Teacher: "Good morning!"

Big Jim: "I'm not sure how good it is."

Rebecca the Science Teacher: "It is if you are using the census to address our population problem." 

She could NOT wait to start killing people, and as Big Jim looked through the files of the official Chester's Mill census (complete with photo-booth pics of citizens because of course everyone made time to go to Walgreens to get their passport photos taken), Rebecca had questions. Questions like, What good is a stupid baby?

REVELATION #1: Rebecca the Science Teacher gives no Fs about Dome Babies or single moms. 

Let's also take a quick look at Joe's census file while we're here so that we can get some backstory on our hero. 

I'm not sure if you can read his skills section, but it says, "math, chemistry, physics, computers, electronics, astronomy, cartography, and animal husbandry."

REVELATION #2: Joe is a scientific mastermind!!! 

Science, eh Joe? This is the same guy who's said countless times that "Maybe the Dome is trying to tell us something!" and that butterflies are anointing royalty by landing on people. Joe is also skilled at animal husbandry, apparently. Was animal husbandry what he was doing that time he tried to catch chickens but ended up just falling down? Also, he was born the day after 9/11, so get to work on your conspiracy theories! 

Anyway, Rebecca the Science Teacher stole a key card from Jim while Jim was contemplating whether or not this potential slaughter was the latest test to be presented by a giant bubble. Big Jim is totally lame now. Remember when he tried to hang himself because the ghost of Officer Linda told him to? Old Big Jim would have kicked that ghost's butt. 

Big Jim's balls must've somehow been grafted into Rebecca the Science Teacher, because this lady was all business! She visited a farmer who was having trouble with his bacon animals, and used her experience as a science teacher to confirm that the farmer's piglet wasn't sleeping really, really, really hard but was, in fact, dead. Obviously when pigs are dead it means swine flu, so Rebecca the Science Teacher syringed out some pig's blood and used Big Jim's keycard to access a mysterious laboratory that Big Jim for some reason had a keycard for.

REVELATION #3: There is a high-tech lab in small-town Chester's Mill for some reason!

In the lab, Rebecca the Science Teacher made egg bombs filled with a virus because her plan was to use the virus to infect the town with swine flu so that a quarter of the town would die, leaving all the unseen food resources for the survivors. I don't know why she injected eggs with pig's blood and all of a sudden had a supervirus on her hands, but I'll just go ahead and trust that the science advisers who Under the Dome met and hired in the parking lot of a Home Depot knew what they were talking about. It was a pretty good plan for a homocidal maniac whose typical lesson plans involve making clocks out of potatoes. It was also a plan that totally ditched her original plan of selecting the weak and exterminating them, which was kind of the entire point of the census but NOOOOOOO let's abandon that whole storyline in favor of virus-bombing the entire town and letting nature choose the people who aren't Dome-worthy. It made zero sense, so of course Big Jim went along with it, using the airtight logic of "Maybe the Dome wanted this to happen." Big Jim is so out-of-whack and Dome-tarded that he could get beat up by the Seattle Seahawks defense and he would think to himself, "Maybe the Dome wanted this to happen." 

Meanwhile, Julia and Sam were hot on the trail of Rebecca the Science Teacher's nefarious plan and even hotter on the trail of having sex with each other. They quickly discovered that Rebecca the Science Teacher was going to turn Chester's Mill into a giant petri dish of pig sick because they broke into her house and saw all the evidence: muddy shoes, pig anatomy books, lab equipment, and an incriminating personal calendar. 

Jim gathered everyone up at the diner and was going to unleash influenza fury on everyone, but first Officer DJ Phil had an important update: He'd apprehended the vandals who were defacing the bridge. PHEW! He seriously said that. Someone in the writers' room at Under the Dome thought it would be a good idea to make a special note that some people tagging "the bridge" were now locked up and out of harm's way. Keep it up, Officer DJ Phil, you are keeping Chester's Mill safe while everyone else worries about this harmless Dome situation. The bridge taggers are behind bars now, and that's all that matters.  

REVELATION #4: If you deface a bridge in Chester's Mill, even when there's a massive dome overhead that requires the attention of the police force, Officer DJ Phil will find you and catch you.

Wait, I'm not done with this. Officer DJ Phil interrupted the scene to say, and this is verbatim, "I caught those vandals that were defacing the bridge." And that's it!?!? WHY!? I can only assume that Officer DJ Phil's agent negotiated a great contract for him that says he must get at least one line of dialogue per episode of Under the Dome, and that his five-year-old son gets to write it. 

Anywho, on with the terrorist plot to spread swine flu in Chester's Mill to randomly kill a quarter of the population so the mysterious food rations will last (it sounds like an especially bad plan when you say it all at once). Just as Big Jim was about to drop some pig sick into a water jug, Julia and Sam showed up to save the day! Big Jim played that "Who you gonna believe?" card before the crowd, and implied that Julia was the town slut, so point to Big Jim. However, if sleeping with the mysterious stranger who killed your husband before you even know whether your husband is dead makes someone a slut, then aren't we all town sluts? Back to the thrilling story: When Julia examined Big Jim's virus container, it was empty! 

Rebecca the Science Teacher changed the plan AGAIN and was going to infect the church's holy water basin with some swine flu, which would've really showed those dumb churchgoers that science rules. But then she changed her mind after theorizing something about the virus mutating? It's like she read the first page of each chapter of a science textbook and then declared herself the Queen of Science, but I'm beginning to think she's not as good at sciencing as she thinks she is. As far as I can tell, the takeaway is that the day was saved because the virus became even stronger and killed more pigs. Then Julia and Sam threw Rebecca the Science Teacher and Big Jim in jail because anyone can throw people in jail in this town, seeing as how the cops are too busy collecting their dead mom's journals and catching bridge defacers.

I know you're thinking HOLY GUACAMOLE that was an awesome episode of Under the Dome but that was only half of it. Remember what I said about your pants? They're still on, right? Well cinch that belt two holes tighter because things are about to get revelatory!

While all that amazing virus suspense was going on, Joe, Norrie, Dome Girl, and Barbie were cracking the mystery of Dome Girl's identity. Joe theorized it was aliens and asked Dome Girl if she had any probe marks, which is about as good a pickup line as you'll hear under the Dome. In response, Norrie whipped out this zinger:

Normally I like to write the captions in these reviews, but Norrie's actual dialogue was better than anything I could've ever come up with, so I'll leave it be. Barbie got mixed up with these knuckleheads, who told them about the internet signal they found last episode. So they went searching for the wi-fi near Dome Girl's old locker, and then they showed him the yearbook with Dome Girl's picture in it from the 1980s. This was all info we already knew, so it was like we were all watching Barbie watch last week's episode, which was unjust and unfair torture. 

With the wiifi signal dead (stupid Comcast), the kids were forced to use old-people technology to get information and headed straight for the microfiche! They found out that Dome Girl had vanished without a trace! Then they went to Dome Girl's old house to jar her memory about what'd happened and it set off a chain reaction of revelations!

REVELATION #5: Dome Girl, Lyle the Barber, Sam the Drunk, and Mama Rennie were the ORIGINAL FOUR when they were teens and they somehow had access to LED flashlight technology before it was even invented!

REVELATION #6: The mini-egg was inside a meteorite that'd crashed to the ground and Dome Girl was stupid enough to pick it up without fear despite the fact that it had just come out of a hot rock from outer space.

REVELATION #7: Dome Girl was killed in the 1980s when someone pushed into the meteor hole and she bonked her head on the space rock! Was it Lyle? Was it Sam? 

Okay so maybe those revelations aren't that great, sorry I got you all worked up, but at least you're still wearing pants. Plus, SPACE! THE DOME IS FROM SPACE! Aliens (Joe was right) sent the Dome to Chester's Mill to protect Norrie from all the bad decisions she would've made if she'd ever gotten to Los Angeles. By this time, she would've been addicted to crack and on her third pregnancy. But now that she's locked in a bubble with Joe, who has ZERO game, she'll stay a virgin. That's my theory!

BUT WAIT there was one more revelation in "Revelations!" At the end of the episode, Sam and Julia walked back to her place to "put the census to good use" (lousy flirty talk, if you ask me), and Sam made a move on Julia. But Julia, who was probably still trying to recover from the slut-shaming she received from Big Jim at the diner, negged Sam as he leaned in for a kiss. Oops! Julia didn't want to make it weird and gave him a pat on the shoulder, and when she turned around, Sam winced because the claw marks that Angie had left on her assailant were on HIS shoulder! 

REVELATION #8: Sam killed Angie!!!

Total mind-explosion if you don't count the fact that we all predicted it right when Angie was murdered. But my question is, how was Sam going to have sex with Julia when all that evidence is right there on his shoulder? These are things to think about, Sam.

That's what happened in "Revelations," and it was pretty amazing. If this episode didn't reenergize your interest in Under the Dome then relax, you are perfectly normal. And I wouldn't blame you for leaving the show now that we know the Dome is from space. As for me, I'm sticking around because I really want to know how Barbie and Julia will recover from this bump in their relationship. Maybe if Barbie kills Julia's mother it will show her that he REALLY loves her. 

ADDEN-DOMES

– HELLO?!?!?!? Where is Ben the Stoner? 

– Junior and Lyle ran around looking for Mama Rennie's journal, because Mama Rennie is some weirdo psychic? She sent a bunch of postcards to Lyle that predicted events under the Dome through the crayon drawings of a six-year old. 

– You know what this show needs? A dog.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/10/2015

Season 3 : Episode 13

308 Comments
Comments (308)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Sam, Pauline and Lyle alledgely are of the same age but are portrayed by actors born in 1978, 1967 and 1956.
Something wrong happened in this town before the Dome to make the barber grow 18 years older than his pal and 11 than his former girlfriend since they were of the same age in 1988.
Flag
"You may think that she's super liberal because of her scientific background, but she's as Republican as they get when it comes to citizens freeloading off the juicy teat of government stockpiles."

1) So, let me get this straight. Most scientists are liberal, because i'm guessing you believe, most smart people are liberals?

2) You also seem to believe, that the only scientists that are "republican" (you used liberal, you should of used conservative here, instead of republican, as that is the opposite of liberal), are insane people that want to decimate the population, for the betterment of the community?

Tim you are an asshole! Before you started to insult the intelligence, and morality of conservatives; you might stop to think, that some of them, might be reading your reviews. Just another example, of how you write your "show reviews" (really just bash fests), from your extreme bias point of view. You're terrible at your job.

Flag
How could you miss the part where the pig-farmer waits for science-psycho to arrive at the font before telling his wife about the extra dead pigs? Normally that kind of exposition is reserved for convenient news broadcasts.
Flag
Tim, for once you are right. This is the best episode so far since the first episode of season one.

I am suck back into the Dome. At least there were some explanations and I really liked that Sam is evil. I almost thought Julia was going to kiss him. Perhaps he was just not as handsome as Barbie.
Flag
I can see a clear pattern here. First Walter White going from a chemistry teacher to a king pin because, let's face it, teachers don't get paid enough.

Now Rebecca the biology teacher goes from teacher to a... well.. mass murderer? Yep, the message should be loud and clear here folks. Pay the teachers more salary!

Flag
I stopped watching in the first season and I'm now enjoying the reviews instead. I used to defend UTD but that's no longer possible.
Flag
Well now I was expecting this episode to turn into the Island of Dr Monroe with Rebecca playing the Doc unfortunately it didn't now its Outbreak! So now Julia is hanging with physio killer Sam who left crummy CSI New York with the Greek tragedy don't get me started on that series!

I am counting how times barbie says "this is Crazy" or somebody say "this doesn't make sense" I feel this show is going the same way as the Revolution repeating same ideas lets hang Jim again or lets have some crazy guy knock out Junior again . I am really try not to keep asking hang on a minute this is bullshit moment but I feel the best way to watch this is to get severly pissed that way u can just do a Beavis and Buthead and laugh at the stupidty of it all I expect next week it will be mostly UGGhh , Whoo's and MMMM.
Flag
Keep the reviews coming! :) - still haven't watched a single episode.
Flag
So let me get this straight, science lady wants to kill people according to a census, which kinda made sense. But then, her real plan was to release these incubated eggs with viruses inside. This must be her real plan because it takes a good while to create viral eggs. How stupid. If it were anything like the swine flu, when it first outbroke, it took forever to come up with some sort of cure. How does she know what type of flu these animals had. Maybe the eggs mutated the virus into something stronger. Then it could just kill everyone. And how did she know that she wasn't going to die along with it. A virus doesn't care what your profession or how smart you are. Was she up-to-date on all her flu vaccines and was just hoping for the best? I can only imagine a dome full of the Walking Dead Zombies....ugh.
Flag
This is hands down the worst show ever made... so bad i can't stop watching
Flag
Agreed George W Bush must be one of the Producers LOL
Flag
Shush, remember, we all love tv.com because we dare not speak of the evil washitonians in our discussions.

And I will have to admit, I can't think of a worse show that got renewed for a second season.
Flag
We have our fair share of stupid Politicians I mean Brown by name
Flag
Just grab a script from 3 episode in and read that instead of searching for this diary. Seriously I hated this in Heroes when they were trying to track down the last of the paintings that told of future events.

I so don't like way of writing.
Flag
sorry, that's all I can come up with...

Flag
teenage romance LOL
Flag
I just realized, you guys have a captioning system...

Flag
TV.com has to put someone else to review each episode of under the dome, including Tim's review in the new review.. This show would have 10/10
Flag
Thought Rebecca would breed some pickens to solve the food crisis when she was injecting that egg.

Just keep watching the show because of Tim's hilarious reviews.
Flag
Dr Monroe above the one with Marlon Brando and Val Kilmer
Flag
Would anyone be so kind and tell me how the food calculation works? Everyone will die in 10 days if not a quarter of everyone dies right now, in which case the remaining three quarters of everyone will survive forever?

Say there's 100 people, one person needs one food per day. If everyone could only stay alive for 10 days that means there's 100*10 = 1000 foods left under the dome. Now a quarter, 25, people are exterminated. The remaining 75 will have 1000 foods at their disposal which is equivalent to 1000/75 = 13.33 foods per person or 13.33 days of expected remaining life span. As far as I can remember from science class, 13.33 days are not "forever". Did I miscalculate or did Rebecca the Science Teacher just get science-served? It's either that or Chesters Mill has an amazingly short crop production circle of 14 days. Yeah, science bitch!
Flag
You looking for logic in this LOL

Flag
"I'll tell the hungry people of the world to take smaller bits" -Miss Atlanta, Married with Children
Flag
Best comment ever!
Flag
Whoa, whoa, whoa there, pal. There will be no sense made of this show. Making sense is not why we're here!
Flag
just came here to read your review, i decided not to watch this show any more although its just for entertainment, and thats the whole point of a tv show that they give you false reality but i think this show is just plain dumb, waste of talent and resources.
Flag
Okay, it's hump day and I think I'm finally over the hump. What hump is that you ask? Why the hump that says I've put off watching the last two episodes long enough where I no longer feel the need to watch them. You can only laugh at a guy landing on his nuts so long and then if you're normal, you move on. Moving on now...
Flag

What's been bugging me for the longest time is, WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOME?! That would be the billions of people "Not Under the Dome". Is no one UtD interested in communicating with anyone NUtD? I think communication happened in one episode, and nothing since then. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Maybe the MOAB that the "military" dropped on the Dome (on like day four or something--WTF!?) killed the other six billion people on the planet? Major oops there! Or maybe everyone on the other side just assumed that the Dome was down and everyone inside dead, and no one bothered to check?

Anyway, there are real law enforcement persons, scientists, medical professionals and what-not on the other side of the Dome--is no one UtD interested in what insight the NUtDers might have into these tiresome Domergencies that pop up every week?

For example, there are crop extension specialists (even Orkin dudes) who might know a thing or two about caterpillar eradication that doesn't involve setting fire to flammable materials (or spraying toxins) on the wrong side of the inescapable barrier. Maybe someone NUtD has a recipe for a tasty caterpillar fricassee--solve two problems at once!

Just sayin'...

More+
Flag
I wondered that too. Peaceful and empty landscapes outside The Dome, never people with signs or anything. It took 3 episodes for them to address the fact that Joe's parents don't know anything about Angie's death. Gotta love this show. Stephen King on crack yo. Thank The Dome that barbershop was still open though.
Flag
They nuked the Dome. So outside of the dome is probably like Japan or Russia right now.
Flag
Okay, now here's a perfectly good example of wasting purely good logic on nonsense. Hey, Britt47, take that wonderful logic and use it on something actually worth pondering--like why Britany Spears is a celebrity or something. Or the misrable ending of Lost. Or...why we come here in the first place to read about stupid shit.
Flag
"Rebecca the Science Teacher is my favorite character on any television show in the last 2,000 years."
Mine too. It's already been 2 weeks, it's high time someone stepped up to do what's necessary and murder a quarter of the townsfolk. And if it turns out it's way more than a quarter, well... more food for the survivors. A perfectly reasonable plan.

"Okay so maybe those revelations aren't that great, sorry I got you all worked up"
I think we're supposed to also take the biblical sense of "revelations", as in "apocalypse" which is what would have happened had RtST not wussed out. Another one in an overdome of biblical references.

Flag
Screw that, just kill 'em all!
Flag
I am only watching this show because I have a deep desire to see more of them die.
Flag
Decided to do my own photo recap.

Rebecca continues with the population culling idea

What do we do?

Barbie finds out Joe got email

Meanwhile Rebecca continues with her evil plan involving pigs

While we discover CBS's alternative to Breaking Bad is coming into its prime

Chester's Mill has some of the biggest news stories around

And Rebecca decides to ruin some people's breakfasts

Joe and Melanie take their relationship to new levels

And Norrie delivers one of the best lines in the show

Jim continues to debate with Rebecca as to whether the culling is the right thing to do

Melanie does her best Lord of the Rings impression

And in the present day, Barbie decides to dig

DJ Phil tries his hardest to be a good cop, but fails miserably.

In the midst of relationship troubles between Julia and Barbie, Sam attempts to get it on with Julia

Another ridiculous episode of Under the Dome comes to an end!
More+
Flag
I truly hope that all of you who, like me, are having a blast hating on this show... don't let that dislike translate to the book on which it's based!

This televised abortion is nothing like the novel (they both have a Dome, and a dude named Barbie, and... uhm...). The Stephen King novel is one of the best he's written (honestly, he's on quite an uptick recently, with Under the Dome and Doctor Sleep both being great): It's fast-paced, full of great characters, cleverly-plotted and genuinely horrific---basically, everything this show isn't.

It's especially impressive how "scary" the book is able to be, given its lack of typical horror elements or things-that-go-bump-in-the-night: Much like Needful Things, "Under the Dome" (the novel) is a worst-case vision of a simple town annihilating itself due to nothing more than isolation.
Flag
This televised abortion is nothing like the novel (they both have a Dome, and a dude named Barbie, and... uhm...).

And a cow getting sliced in half. Don't forget the cow getting sliced in half. :-)

Flag
In the book... wasn't it a squirrel?
Flag
I don't remember a squirrel -- may have been one of them also, but there definitely was a cow.
Flag
"I truly hope that all of you who, like me, are having a blast hating on this show... don't let that dislike translate to the book on which it's based!"

I do not get Stephen King. His argument in defense of the vandals who deface his books is that the books are still there, untouched, as he wrote them. Sure, but seriously, who the f* watches this show and wants to read the book it is based on? Hell, I read it (and liked it) and the show makes me want to unread it.
Oh well, he's Stephen King, he's probably one of the few writers who can afford to think like that.

Flag
I don't understand all the love for this book. It wasn't that good and I do like Stephen King very much. But this was hardly one of his better efforts, given that after being retired for years he still manages about one book per week. He's my age and he's not that good anymore. Although 11/22/63 was pretty damn good. Under the Dumb...not so much...
Flag
I have been reading everything from King for 25 years now, and I really thought Under The Dome (The Book) was one of his worst, it let me down. Bad character development, cardboardy. The ending was a weird cop-out. King-unworthy.

That's why I like that the TV version is based on it, it continues and magnifies the badness without ruining a good book for me :)
Flag
Exactly...
Flag
Well, we all have opinions. FYI, Under the Dome is the story he spent the longest time contemplating: He had the idea back before he wrote Carrie.

Under the Dome was a different kind of King book: The horror came from the people, not some supernatural force. Its closest analogue is Needful Things, another controvertial novel of his.
Flag
I thought UTD, the novel, was excellent and Needful Things is one of my absolute favourites (the film is an abortion too).
Flag
Kinda the same with The Mist. We never find out what happened or get a clear picture (in the book) of all the creatures, but the way the people just nut up is the entertaining part that is as scary as the monsters. I like stories like that.
Flag
If you're going to write a story about a mystical dome it would seem to me that it be about the dome rather than something that could happen under several normal situations--stranded on an island, snowed in, stuff like that. All his books seem to be about people's ugly sides in some way or another. I just didn't find Under the Dome very compelling, and I've read all of then. But you're absolutely right--to each his own.
Flag
I am so saddened by the fact that Junior last year was the worst human being on the planet and now suddenly he's James and a badass who makes me worried for him and care about him. WTF happened?!?!
Flag
See, in the book, he (along with Big Jim) remain "the worst human beings on the planet"---and they're in charge. The chilling development of their increasing control over the town is one of the biggest aspects of what makes the novel scary, and changing this simple dynamic effectively castrated the show.
Flag
Oh please, the show came out effectively castrated, then it got worse.
Flag
Well, yeah, it happened in the very first episode: When Junior didn't murder Angie and stuff her in a closet :P

PS: Spoilers. ;)
Flag
The book is great. The TV series, not so much.
Flag
adorable miracel dome baby? KILL IT!
HAHAHAHAHA

Flag
so i'm assuming sam pushed/killed dome-girl too. since he acted like he didn't recognize her in the first ep.

if my hot 18 year old gf from high school shows up when i'm 40, i'd be all over that. hah. unless if somehow the dome wiped her from the timeline/memories of the other 3. who knows
Flag
"It's not God, it's Darwin"
Like who the fuck is writing this show? HAHAHA
Flag
I was so sure she was going to say "It's Natural Selection!" But saying 'Survival of the Fittest' was just as fucktarded so I pretty much got what I wanted.
Flag
Nobody. They just all assemble it the square, then somebody says "Go." It's reality at it's very stupid best.
Flag
So let me see if I get this right:

1) Science teacher wants to unleash a virus to kill people but has no way of knowing who will die or how to protect everyone else from dying as well?

2) Instead of actually trying to... I don't know... Figure out what the dome is or get out? Wouldn't stuff like tracking electronic signals be her specialty?
Even if she killed people, so what? She'll eventually die of starvation anyway.

3) So Joe mentions the egg they found in the mini dome in this spot... But again doesn't even bother to question what did Julia do with the egg?
The whole reason they gave it to her was that Jim was after them.
That is clearly no longer the case...

Heck, why doesn't Julia care?

4) So we saw Angie getting killed with the Axe... And there wasn't a point she could have scratched Sam... Nor really a point to the bloody hand print in the locker. And why that particular locker. Did Angie aimed for Dome Girl's locker? Cause it didn't seem like Sam placed her there...

5) I think this is the first episode this season Tim didn't mention stupid people going into the dinner

6) So Sam killed Angie then planted her watch on Junior? I actually was hoping it would Junior so at least something would be like in the book.
More+
Flag
You should go downtown and try reasoning with a homeless person. You'd most assuredly have better luck.
Flag
You're trying to use logic and reason to analyze this show. Don't do that. It'll only end in tears.
Flag
Wait... that whole "unleash a virus to kill people" was actually in the show, and not Tim being sarcastic?
Flag
Sadly...YES...
Flag
if you're still watching this show, it's because you're like WTFDOME?

No, it's because there's this guy that writes hilarious recaps of the show ;)
Flag
This episode of Under the Dome was actually pretty good! Booooooooooooooooooooohhhhh haha
Flag
I won't comment save to say it's barely worth commenting on this show.
Flag
Bahaha. I was crying from laughter at certain parts of this article. New born baby? Kill it.
Flag
1. This whole thing with Melanie showing up and Lyle saying that he and Sam buried something in 1988 and then it turning out that one of them killed her is a worrying sign that the writers might be plotting sequences of events in advance and not just saying "what wacky thing should the dome do this week?"

2. For a science teacher, Rebecca's understanding of Darwinism is somewhat off.

3. If Joe was born the day after 9/11, that would make him 12 right now. Conspiracy theories, activate!

4. I doubt Norrie is a virgin. Unless she wanted to start with a clean slate and Joe gave her a spare virginity he had lying around because he's such a major virgin. Speaking of Norrie, where the flying fuck is her mother?

5. Phil is like a child you give a bunch of menial tasks because he wants to feel useful.

Flag
6. Being alive in 1988 almost certainly makes me a minority among the show's audience.
Flag
I'm not the show's audience anymore, but I was definitely alive and well in 1988.
Flag
Try 1948...
Flag
I don't know why I am watch this show?????? nothing interesting about at all except for the stupid thing going on under that stupid dome.....
Flag
not sure bout you but part of the reason i watched is because of Tim's review.
Flag
me too
Flag
You missed a revelation there Tim.
Revelation #9: Barbie and Dome Girl both said they originally came from Zenith. That was the town in the snow globe Junior held and the town Junior's mother is in now. It must be related somehow.

And apparently Chester's Mill has the most well versed science teacher ever. I mean what science teacher is capable of incubating and weaponizing swine flu? Plus she has been watching the crops and livestock for weeks. But the dome has been down for 2 weeks only. I really wish they would work on the timeline of making things actually make some semblance of sense. (I know I'm asking for too much here.)

Seriously, Rebecca was going to commit a war crime. And her focus was on religious people, so that would make it a hate crime too.

Rebecca is the Devil. Especially with that shot of her standing with the hood up in the red rain behind the tanker truck last week.

Flag
Also, I don't get Rebecca's plan at all. Let's say she sets the virus free.

What's going to stop it?!? Wouldn't it spread around killing everyone?
Flag
i think it was supposed to be a mild flu where not every1 will die. Thus, whoever that survive the 'swine flu' are the ones that will live ie. her idea of survival of the fittest.

I personally was just sad there wasnt any tree shaking.
Flag
But how does she know for a fact anyone would survive?
The entire point is that they are low on resources and last season we know even stuff like insulin is running out.

It could potentially kill everyone...
Flag
Yes! Kill Everyone!
Flag
This show is AMAZING. It is literally the worst written television show I have ever seen in my life. If it were to get any better I would have to quit watching it, but for now every week they manage to make EVEN WORSE than it was all the weeks previously and it just keeps blowing my mind... Keep up the terrible work, Dometarted writers!
Flag
Season 3 !!!! I want a season 3
Flag
Nooooooooooooooooooo!
Flag
yeeeeeeeeeeeeees we need comedy like that
Flag
You know what this show needs? A dog.

They cant.. they are running low on resources..
Flag
It needs ants!
Flag
Plus in Stephen King novels, they don't survive for long.

We already had one chopped cow and now dying pigs...
Flag
Dometarded is my new go-to phrase for stupid television. Thank you so much for that, Tim.
Flag
I will remember this episode for the only meaningful interaction ever under the Dome:

Mystery Girl: - I think this was my locker. In 1988.
Barbie(giving her an aside glance): - What.

Good to know that someone could at least write 1 line of proper dialogue on this show.
Flag
Also right up there is Joe's line when Junior announces he and Lyle discovered his mother's diary. Joe: What diary?
Flag
It's still really dumb, but this episode made the show interesting again. So it's a big step up from the previous episodes of this season, which were far more stupid and not at all interesting.
Flag
Best show on TV! When it does get axed (let us face it, it's going to get axed) I'll cry a river. It's up there with GoT, must watch TV (for very different reasons). I love it.
Flag
review was a bit short on the funny this time tim. step it up next review :P
Flag
Great review, as usual. As happy I am that got it from Under the Dome (ha!), I would love for a network to make an ACTUAL adaptation of the book. Call it "Under the (Real) Dome"
Flag

Only if it is a real mini-series (which I what I originally thought this show would be). When I heard UtD was getting a second season I knew it would remain a horrible horrible show. Everything is (usually) wrapped up nicely in a mini-series, but not a show that is shooting for multiple seasons. They can't explain any of the fundamental mysteries (the major reason not a single character is expending brainpower trying to figure out the Dome)--the gravy train comes to an abrupt halt if they do that.

Seriously, does anyone think everything will be explained by the end of this season?

Flag
Watching the kids picking up the purple meteorite kept making me flashback to the meteorite story in Creepshow. The one with that upcoming new actor cast as Jordy Verrill... Stephen K-something-or-other.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083767/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Flag
"Meteor shit! Oh, Jordy Verrill, you lunkhead!" -- Creepshow is one of the best horror anthology movies ever made - soooo good. I wish under the dome was even half as good as Creepshow.. but it's not...
Flag
"HELLO?!?!?!? Where is Ben the Stoner? "

Duh. Who do you think was defacing the bridge?
Flag
Officer DJ Phil went from coolest dealer in town to total bustah. What a shame!
Flag
Ben's not here man!
Flag
Passing a dube with Norrie's "other mom"
Flag
k so love the review as always :) this show keeps getting bad...if only she released the damn egg virus!

I gotta share this here cus i'm super proud of it and i think it's hilarious if ur familiar with the song, but i pretty much reviewed this entire episode with only screen caps and new lyrics to Aqua's 'Barbie Girl', so check it out cus i'm telling ya, its awesome:

http://mikeydislikesit.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/under-the-dome-episode-4-revelation-review-come-on-barbie-lets-go-party/
Flag
Okay, I'm goig out on a limb here, but if your review says more than, "A bunch of really stupid shit happened over the course of an hour." You overwrote it.
Flag
I barely wrote anything this week actually, I just screen-capped the review and changed the lyrics to Aqua's 'Barbie Girl' to match the episode...its classic :)
Flag
Of course Rebecca the Science Teacher wants to kill them all. What else would you expect from a Misfit?
Flag
It's always the women. Give them a responsible job (to teach kids science) and they obviously aim for more and want to kill people in the name of the Dome.
Flag
Junior and Lyle ran around looking for Mama Rennie's journal, because Mama Rennie is some weirdo psychic?

Ya, Lyle needed to know which locker he would be able to get out of the dome through.
Flag
- LOL, Tim. LOL at your reviews.

- I think it's possible that Officer DJ Phil's comment about catching the vandals was ad-libbed. Maybe the director asked the actor to explore the character and to say what a police officer would say, and that's what came out. Or maybe the actor was in an especially creative mood and convinced the director to allow him to ad-lib, with predictable results.

- I'm surprised the dome hasn't packed up and left already. It must be excruciating to have trapped such a bunch of A-class dum-dums and having to watch over them for weeks. If I were the dome, I would have said "F this shit" a long time ago, and taken off to another planet. Then again, maybe the dome is a sadist. Maybe it likes creating confusion and disarray, like a kid poking an anthill with a stick.

- You're right, Tim. They need to add a dog to the cast, because this show needs one intelligent character.
Flag
You guys can be cynical all you want, I smell the potential for a new CW Superhero Show

One a side note I would like to add the best dialogue in history (since last weeks episode)
Dome Girl: "I come from Blah Blah City"
Barbie: "I come from Blah Blah City too"
Dome Girl: "I knew you look familiar"
(Barbie must have been 4 years old when she lived there)
Flag
if we're assuming it's 2013 in dome-land (because it started last year and it's only been 2 weeks as Barbies voice over states at the beginning of each ep). 1988 was 25 yrs ago, barbie is 35 now and she wasn't in Chesters Mill in 1987, so he would have been 9 yrs old when they lived in the same town...and she was 16-17 yrs old (not sure if she was a senior in the 1988 year book)

still a pretty far stretch that she would know/recognize him as an adult after "knowing" him when he was 9.
Flag
Maybe she recognized his dad
Flag
Barbie sure was lucky that the meteorite was buried in the one pit of pure sand in the middle of a forest. Maybe Maine's forest floors are different from literally all the other ones I've ever seen.

Flag
To be fair we do have rather sandy soil, but....
Flag
Heh, I've been in orange groves that weren't that sandy. ;-)

Flag
This episode of Under the Dome was actually pretty good!

I know the bar is set awfully low, but seriously? I just finished reading you claim that The Leftovers is unwatchable and The Strain is going to struggle to recover, but THIS was "actually pretty good".

I appreciate they're all very different shows, but they're still relative to each other, so if this was "actually pretty good", I clearly don't understand your measuring stick.
Flag
It doesn't seem fair, does it?
Flag
Keep reading, and you'll quickly see he's lowered the bar on this show to subterranean depths---basically, the more idiotic each episode is, the better it's reviewed by Tim. It's a colossal joke that everyone's in on :)
Flag
I can only hope so cause based on a few reviews from other shows, it's hard to tell what (in his eyes) is quality and not.
Flag
Tim's just not so easy to get excited. His standard for quality is pretty high. He gives high praise for new and fresh ideas and good writing (which you don't see often on TV I'm afraid) but doesn't hold back to bash only-average storytelling. It angers many people but I love it. Whenever he really enjoys something, I know it's worth checking out for me.
Flag
It's all still fairly objective though and IMO, fairly inconsistent.

"Whenever he really enjoys something, I know it's worth checking out for me."

Yes, this is absolutely true, but the inverse is not, though it probably should be. There have been many occasions where he's hated a show or an episode for his own reasons that I've found to be quite good.

To me, that shows less objectivity as a reviewer and more subjectivity as a viewer...who also happens to write reviews.

When it comes to snarky reviews like those for Under the Dome, Revolution, The Following, or any other craptastic show, he's great. As is the case for truly great shows like Game of Thrones and True Detective. It's that grey zone in between where I find his take less than consistent when it comes to whether or not it's quality watching.
Flag
Are you talking about his review of ep. 2 of The Strain?

If so... yeah, he dropped the ball on that one.

But he's pure sarcasm with these.
Flag
lindhoffen: That's quite a declaration to make after watching episode TWO.

Episode TWO.
Flag
The Strain started off quite well but is already fizzing out.
Flag
That measuring stick would have to be a giant dome-shaped one. Seriously, compared to last week this one was a blast, don't you think? I know I had fun.
Flag
I think he was being sarcastic when he called this show good.
Flag
nobody does, marcus, nobody does. It's a mystery wrapped in something , wrapped itself into a whatever and itself wrapped into a WTF.
Flag
And covered by a DOME!!!!!
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members