An Under the Dome Community
CBS (ended 2015)

Under the Dome S02E06: "In the Dark"

HALLELUJAH! Our lord has returned to Chester's Mill. I am over the moon (well not quite over the moon, since I can't get out from under this Dome) because Stoner Ben is back to totally shred some gnarly half-pipes as well as our notion of the low end of human intelligence. I barely even know what else happened in "In the Dark" because I'm so excited about Ben; he's all I can think about. There was talk of a "Dome," I think? But who cares! Ben is back, and his return was better than I ever could've imagined it would be. 

And it's a good thing that Ben reappeared when he did, because this episode was hecka-boring with a capital BORING, loaded with stall tactics and dopey character chatter designed to fill an hour of incredibly subpar television. I mean, some dudes went into a hole and some kids touched an egg, basically. And on that note, I really do not like Under the Dome's Emmy chances this year. At this rate, I'm not even sure it will win a Domie Award.

Before we get to Ben's triumphant return, let's slog through the rest of what happened in "In the Dark," which began with Junior blowing something up. Junior, Sam, and Barbie set off to explore the largest high-school locker in the world, and then Junior saw his mom's journal sitting out in the open in a very suspicious place. Don't fall for that trick again, Junior!

As @thegroovologist has already mentioned in the comments, this was the second time that Lyle duped Junior with Junior's mom's journal. It's especially great that Lyle had time to set up a booby trap using the journal—which very well may be the most important artifact in Chester's Mill, since it predicts the future—while he was on the run from the ever-changing Chester's Mill PD. When did Barbie accept the job of sheriff? Where is his uniform? Why didn't he rip Officer Linda's cop shirt off of Officer DJ Phil and put it on? The Dome came down two weeks ago, and so far the town has already had four different sheriffs: Duke (R.I.P.), Linda (R.I.P.), DJ Phil, and now Barbie. Barbie's the third sheriff of the season, and we're only on Episode 6. If I lived in Chester's Mill, I would've started questioning the integrity of the local law enforcement about 10 episodes ago. 

Anyway, the explosion caused the tunnel to cave in, natch, and the resulting in-the-moment scurrying left Barbie and Sam trapped behind it with Junior—the goober who got them into this mess—free on the other side. This gross injustice proves that the Dome is also keeping karma and Darwinism out of Chester's Mill. 

Julia was so concerned she could barely put a sentence together, so she strung together a few phrases with zero natural cadence like she was a robo-droid trying to understand the English language but still working out the bugs.

This was really hilarious and it made me choke on my tongue. I'm not going to hold it against Julia, though. Sometimes my computer is a little slow when it needs a reboot, too. 

The cave-in gave Sam and Barbie time to show off their chest hair and fling accusations at each other until they found an even bigger hole inside the already-quite-large hole! First it's Domes inside of Domes, now it's holes inside of holes. I hope Joe gets sawed in half and a mini-Joe comes crawling out of his belly before the end of the season. 

The two dudes continued to yap about which one of them was lying about stuff until it was time for them to have a heartfelt conversation about how they were scared of the Dome. But to me it sounded like Barbie and Sam were talking about the watching Under the Dome, with Sam playing the part of a dude who has given up on the show and can't understand the plotting, and Barbie portraying a stubborn fan who refuses to quit tuning in and is suffering from total denial.

I was in Barbie's position about 20 minutes into Under the Dome's pilot, but I've been Sam ever since Episode 2.

Eventually Barbie noticed the scratches that Angie left on Sam's shoulder, which meant it was gun-pointing time, and Sam explained that all the Dome kids had to be killed because that's what would make the Dome come down, and Sam was going to be the one to do the murderin'. But not only did the new Domesketeers (Joe, Norrie, Junior) have to be killed, the old ones (Melanie, Sam, Pauline, Lyle) had to be sacrificed as well! Sam's plan was to kill all of them and then kill himself. I have no idea how he planned to kill Pauline, though; she was somewhere pretending to be dead so she didn't have to hang out with Big Jim. 

But since killing everyone wasn't going to work, Sam decided to kill himself immediately by jumping into the hole and leaving the burden of killing all the Domesketeers, both young and old, to Barbie. I'm not totally sure why he did this, and I would bet that if Sam had given the idea two more seconds of thought, he would wonder why he did it, too. 

Meanwhile, Julia and Rebecca the Science Teacher were busy working on a plan to get Barbie and Sam out of their hole-y tomb. After a microsecond of debate, Rebecca the Science Teacher used the science degree she fished out of a cereal box to come up with this whopper of structural engineering genius:

Rebecca the Science Teacher's practical use of her natural-world wisdom errs on the side of extremism. So far she'd tried to fix a caterpillar infestation by torching fields inside an enclosed Dome, she's tried to remedy a food shortage by indiscriminately committing mass murder with manmade swine flu, and she's tried to rescue two people from a tunnel that collapsed in an explosion by setting off another explosion inside the tunnel. And because everyone under the Dome has the memory of a goldfish and the intelligence of a stupid goldfish, Julia agreed to the "let's try another explosion" plan.   

While all this was happening underground, a far more deadly disaster was threatening Chester's Mill on the Earth's surface! A dust storm!

UNDER THE DOME SCIENCE FACT-ISMS: According to Rebecca the Science Teacher, the dust storm was caused when the acidity in the acid rain dried up the town's topsoil. And according to Big Jim, the dust would clog up the pores in the Dome, leaving them with no oxygen and suffocating the whole town! This has been an Under the Dome Science Fact-ism! 

I'm sure Rebecca the Science Teacher's first thought was to blow up the dust storm or build a giant flamethrower to burn it, but she settled on what basically amounts to constructing a giant humidifier out of a hose and a windmill. But how was Chester's Mill going to get a windmill while the town was in the middle of a dust storm and inside a Dome where Windmills R Us couldn't deliver?

Science (and unfinished science projects) wins again! 

Except that Big Jim had to convince everyone at the diner to fight the dust storm instead of just waiting it out. If only there was some sacrificial lamb who could be used as an example to illustrate what an extreme position the town was in. If that person could almost die going out into the blinding dust storm and return just in the nick of time to be saved, then Big Jim might be able to sway the Chester's Millians into action now instead of dilly-dallying and potentially risking more lives! Were there any volunteers to be that dumb idiot who went out into the dust storm with no protection despite all common sense pointing toward staying put indoors where the dust storm couldn't cause harm?

STONER BEN IS BACK!!!

It took six episodes for Under the Dome's best character to make an appearance in Season 2, and it was amazing. This rebel kid is a man of action, and Ben found trouble in all of four seconds.

But poor Stoner Ben didn't realize how dangerous this dust storm actually was. Just look at what it was doing to the Domesketeers!

Unfortunately for Ben, he was not in possession of these screen captures, which serve as a warning regarding the dangers of dust storms. So this happened:

Stoner Ben's near encounter with sobriety (and death, I suppose) was scary enough to convince everyone to move forward with Operation Giant Humidifier—but more importantly, it was long enough to make sure this episode wasn't only 32 minutes long. 

So Operation Giant Humidifier was officially underway, and it was a testament to what this town can do when everyone works together to shoot water at a cloud of dust with an old and unfinished science project. 

It worked! While Julia was blowing things up underground, Big Jim was getting work done and moving closer to resuming a leadership role over Chester's Mill's poor, unfortunate souls who have to choose between a bald murderer and a redheaded Golden Retriever puppy.

When the Domesketeers weren't collecting dust on their faces, they were involved in some serious drama. Joe and Norrie totally broke up! Junior and Melanie almost hooked up! Norrie accused Melanie of being a slut! Joe pouted! It was intense, but everyone managed to get through all of that to do what they were meant to do: put their hands together on a boat.

And don't think we can't see you with a pink egg in the reflection of the engine, camera crew!

Anyway, the hand trick worked and an egg jumped out of the water or something and everyone was happy about that. So happy, in fact, that Joe and Norrie got back together, so you don't have to worry about the dissolution of television's greatest teen romantical relationship. The kidz took the egg back to someone's house and they all put their paws on it, and the egg spat out a bunch of pink stars again. Except this time there was a structure made out of pink stars that was floating in the room—and it was the same structure Junior saw in that snow globe and the same structure from Melanie's home town of Zenith. "What does it mean?" Joe asked, before the camera cut to the next scene so Under the Dome could avoid having to even attempt to answer the question. 

And that was "In the Dark." Sam excused himself down a bottomless pit, the kids saw a building hologram, Big Jim regained some of the public's trust just hours after trying to kill most of the public, and Stoner Ben shredded some dome so hard. It was not a very good episode of Under the Dome, but neither were the previous 18.

ADDEN-DOMES

– What happened to Joe's blood tests? 

– What happened to Big Jim's calling from the Dome? 

– What happened to all the ghosts? 

– What happened with all the email communications?

– What happened to DJ Phil?

– What happened to Officer Linda's firefighter boyfriend?

– What happened to the big propane scam?

– What happened to all the military intervention?

– What happened to all the charred ground outside the dome from all the MOABs that were fired at the Dome?

– What happened to Ben between when we last saw him and this episode?

– Quotables: "Is there a brain under that hair?" "I appreciate you looking after me but Lyle's dying today." "He's crazier than a rat in a jar since the Dome came down." "You went... through this... locker?" "Neither wind, nor rain, nor crappy-ass dust." "Do you hit on everyone?" "I would rather risk dying again than not knowing why I'm here any longer." "The egg started screaming." "I left the love of my life in a hole, like garbage. And now she's back."

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/10/2015

Season 3 : Episode 13

260 Comments
Comments (260)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Bad writting and people reacting oddly to situations.i get its a show but if your going to use real life themes at least keep reactions real. dont go off the wall for mysteries sake. this show is so funny. every episode i wonder if he actually thought anything through and if there is anybody working on set who knows how things actally work. dust storm.... if wind is able to blow into the dome then that wind will keep the dust from clogging up the domes poresthat the wind is blowing through.
Flag
Windmills dont even blow air. it just reacts to the air hitting it so that whole using the the windmill idea doesnt even work. no one would would trust big jim not to scretly kill them again so he would not be in charge again. mob mentallity would come into play and he would be dead. its like the writer has no clue how things actually work. so manythings in the show would not even exist or happen if the writter new what actually phiscally works and how things reall y work.
Flag
Wonderful papermache. Maybe they used leftover stuff from the school.
Flag
I haven't watched any of season 2. When I got home from work my wife was watching this episode. I sat down and watched the last half while she attempted to explain what I've been missing. Needless to say, WOW!!!!! I can't believe I gave up on this show!!! I need to start watching again just for the ridiculousness. Of course, without Linda the Worst Cop Ever, I don't know if it will ever be the same. And I heard Julia's in charge now, who's bright idea was that? And ghosts? And a dust storm inside of a windless dome?? Or is there wind inside, I can't remember? There wasn't any wind in the book, so I guess a constant breeze blows on the show. I need to go get caught up now, this show almost makes me laugh more than Impractical Jokers.
Flag
I feel like the writers are confused about what a windmill actually does. Or they are trying to confuse us.
Anyway this episode was not as good as the previous one, but at least we got to see Ben back in an hilarious scene.
Flag

Maybe we just don't get it but I was at the L'ouvre today to see the Mona Lisa and I get the feeling that Under The Dome is part of something bigger ;)
Flag
I can totally see Lyle as Wile E. Coyote. please make it happen!

also, did Sam spoil the show for us? he said when Julia dies, he (Barbie)'s gonna murder those kids just as hard.
Flag
What can i not say a few moments of hilarity amazing the Dome gone through a period and serious case of dandruff in a couple of weeks what next lice? So the goonies go down the rabbit hole to find a abyss of emptiness which is probably the where all the decent scripts are chucked for this show. I won't miss Sam he was getting boring with the whole guilty thing and love triangle thing , suprise Big Jim comes up with the D team to create a Windmill hurrah . Now they just need to create a massive tunneler to get out of there, I suggest a couple pipe cleaners and shit load of coffee cups should do LOL.
The whole Nora joe and Karate kid girl is getting siller now thier have the power of four maybe stick Julia, lyle and Barbie in a Wicker structure burn to shit and play tunes , sorry I am giving away the rest of the season already . I shall get the tinnies ready for the next episode
Flag
Currently the best show for drinking game & hate watching - although I might have to device new rules for the game as the hangovers are becoming more brutal each week... Tim's reviews just add to the fun.
Flag
So when this show's probably cancelled soon what do we hate-watch next with Tim? Since the demise of Revolution this is a very troublesome thought for me.
Flag
Holy crap, no! NO MORE REVOLUTION??? I had no idea. :'(
Flag
i vote for defiance :P
Flag
i’d like to know who’s house Joe was in when he looked at all of angle’s postcards on the wall…
Flag
Angie's. She had her own apartment.
Flag
ah thanks. i didn’t remember
Flag
Ragnarok is upon the town! Where is Thor with his mighty hammer to save them now?

Let's be honest we only watch because of Julia... We being myself and my spilit personality Otto Von Bismarck... Things we find so amazing about her:

1) She has amazing hair no matter the environmental conditions. It would seem to me that a dome that has completely encapsulated the town might be a crimp on the use of daily washings! However, Julia says no way she is doing without her Sliky Smooth Locks!

2) Julia the Optimist-- Stranger Kills your husband accidentally-- not reason true love cannot conquer all like some inane Beetles Tune! Julia lives a truly christian life turning the other cheek and carnally pleasuring the new man to boot! But hey it all makes sense that Optimism of Julia's kind would only find the very best in this situation.

3) Julia the Just... See how Julia thinks that in a major crisis the best solution is to hold a vote based on absolutely no empirical data for one's decision making paradigm. See how just she is-- she wants everyone to feel good about making mostly bad decisions based on evidence and popularity of the idea! Great Plan! I think Plato really had always intended this form of crisis government it his work the Republic! I think it is in Chapter 12 or maybe 20?

4) Julia the rational-- I like how she always puts Barbie head of the town! You know Barbie is in a rabbit hole Alice in Wonderland style that starts in a Locker and Ends in Jules Verne Abyss-- That's bad! However, the town is slowly turning into the Dust Bowl... Which is worse Julia the Justice? Well, she just doesn't make that vote now does she? She just sits in the School Science Room listening to Debbie Downer talk about building bombs and how fate is not to blame! All while letting the evil forces do a PR stunt to win back the hearts and minds of the public-- remind you of the cock-up Obama did in his first term when the Tea Party came a callin'??? I remember it! Why didn't Julia split the town up into two teams: One dig out the tunnel and one build the Misting Wind Mill??? That doesn't sound like a big problem to solve right?

5) Did I mention her Kicking Rack-- Otto Likes it too. He says if you want to help an d war monger find love-- he's in need of some therapy!

6) Julia's Bode! It goes with the Rack and We Likes IT!

So basically the the only really positive features of the character are the follow: great hair, great rack, and smokin' bode! Wait doesn't that demean women? Yes, it does! But I didn't write this shlock or turn Julia into a totally Patriarchal Fantasy Girlfriend who forgives everything and only things of the man in her life no matter what? I mean that was done for me by the inept writers!

Sadly, I feel sorry for the actress that plays this role. I think she could do better in a show that doesn't turn into a slightly more coherent version of Nova for the 21st century!
More+
Flag
Maybe Julia and Lexie from Falling Skies could duet for a 80s classic Ballad with their flowing locks I am sure everybody will be quaking in fear LOL
Flag
Lita Ford and Ozzy move over meet Julia and Lexi...

or maybe this one?

What can I say I still find Berry Gordon's The Last Dragon Funny as Hell To Watch!
Flag
Arrghh can't take anymore this is what waiting for them at the bottom of that hole LOL
Flag
great clip having Kevin from the following another daft show, my money on the pink tractor for 80 'cheesiness. Also you need Lexie (Bonnie Tyler) hairdo do face off with Julia LOL
Flag
How this sung by Julia when Big Jim and Barbie have their final show down?

I think this show really needs Chicken Races with Tractors to settle all major disputes in the town,
Flag
What happened to the big propane scam?
This
When I watched UTD 1st season it seemed like that was the issue. I haven't watched since about s01e08 but I reckon it would be a fair guess that "Propane what propane" is the 2014 response from UTD's showrunners & scriptwriters.

Fair enough UTD is disposable tellytrash but that also means I have trouble engaging with it.
If nothing matters on the show once it is no longer the topic de jour in the local cafe, UTD cannot matter beyond the characters' response to the current mcguffin.
That is where this show really loses it because the range of responses to mcguffins has been limited and awfully cliched.

Yeah yeah I need to 'get with the program' and love the joke that this show is.
Only prob, while there may be room for another so bad its good tv show in the vid library section of my brain, I just don't have a niche labelled
"so mediocre it's good" I doubt many humans do. This show isn't really bad it is just really ordinary.

The only response the show ever evokes from me is "If all the most talented and eccentric creative types gather in Hollywood as Californication et al infer, and "Under the Dome" is a typical example of that concentration of creativity, what does that really tell us about humans and our claims to unique/greatness?
More+
Flag
Well, they sure built that windmill in a hurry. And the most intelligent teen in Chester's Mill returns as a pawn for Big Jim.

I have to admit, I just can't stop watching this show. What wholesome FUN (dripping with sarcasm)
Flag
Oh Tim! I definitely love you! Awesome review! My stomach hurts from laughing!
Flag
I watched this episode in under a minute, skipping and fast forwarding. I never missed a beat. I refuse to sacrifice more time of my life to that Ugly Ol' Dome.
Flag
so are we to assume Lyle jumped too?

i bet next week Lyle & Sam will be on the other side of the dome tailgating with burgers & beers watching all the dome-ers suffer. hah

Flag
or they will wake up several years in the future in a rice field in China wearing a red t-shirt.
Flag
what is that from?
Flag
Resurrection
Flag
oh, never watched it.
Flag
funny review. keep it up. my wife and i said at least half of these same things during the episode. ha
Flag
the millers are so gullible. All Big Jim gotta do is 1 nice thing and hes forgiven.. Really 1 level thinkers.
Flag
under the dome in spanish

under the dome in german

under the dome in italian

let's take a minute to think about those people in the world , who watch this awful show in an other language , some may even like it.

Flag
Spain's Spanish (or as we say down here: Ezzzzpañol de Ezzzpaña) is awful! Latin-american Spanish is way better! Although I prefer watching shows in their original lang.
Flag
Try in Russian as well with more Vodka and hats even sillier LOL
Flag
Best episode yet.
Flag
This episode was pretty good, by Dome standards. We got back to some of the main/year 1 story. And I could believe most actors were at least making an honest effort to play their characters. The recent past few made me think they were mocking the audience or something.

Julia's robo-speech: Sounds like someone split up her line in the editing booth. Bizarre. (For fans of MST3K: "Watch out for snakes.")
Flag
Officer Linda's firefighter boyfriend is dead, after him showing up on TV some old man with a sword hidden in his walking stick, was screaming that the only way to bring the dome down is too kill and burn every one that ever had contact with the people trapped inside. Long story short he killed a ton of people but just before he was able to kill Jr's mother he was killed by Michael a Black winged mutant that trying to pass for a Angel that was going on about the choosen one and some tatoos?!
Flag
This show may have the world's worst scripts but at least stuff happens. I've been trying to watch "The Leftovers" now on episode 6 and its about as exciting as watching a coon take a shit.
Flag
LOL- this stupidest episode of UTD takes the cake. I'm speechless. If still watching UTD, then U The Dumbest!
Flag
For being the dumbest town in the world, the inhabitants of Chester's Mill are pretty good at engineering: first the reverse-magnet tower and now they use recycled road signs to build the biggest windmill in the tri-state area. And how long did that take? According to the rules of time inside the dome, I would say that no more than a couple of hours, or the time it takes Ben to get from one deadly situation into another.
Flag
What about the hanging tower (built in a few hours max) and on that wasn't Barbie sentenced to death (for killing 3 people and attempted murder of 2 people) probably 5 days ago and now he's sheriff.
Flag
As a lot of people do I'm sure, I only keep watching this crap just to read the reviews right after.
Flag
I can assure you that you can also stop watching this crap and still read the reviews. Believe me it's the first step to freedom and you won't miss much! ;-)
Flag
yes u dont Need to watch it - just read the reviews ;)
Flag
or watch it, write down everything stupid in the ep than come and post it here afterwards :P
Flag
I hope this show never stops - I love those weekly reviews ;)
Flag
BENNY! hahaha, I love that guy.

Also, can any scientists tell me if that windmill shit is even possible because I'm pretty sure it's not?!?!?! But what do I know.

http://mikeydislikesit.wordpress.com/2014/08/05/under-the-dome-episode-6-in-the-dark-review-come-get-it-dome/

Flag
i can assure you anything science related in this show is NOT accurate!
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
The area inside the dome is so big it has its own weather systems and you can fly around it in a plane. But a little windmill and a hosepipe alters the environment in seconds. That's Dome science and that's the only science that counts!
Flag
Best. Science. Ever.
Flag
Inexperience must have a lot to do with why the writers can't write their way out of a paper bag.

• Creator Brian K. Vaughan's past writing credits are little more than several episodes of Lost.
  • The most prolific writer is Adam Stein, who has written 4 episodes. He has an OK resume for a guy who's only been writing for 6 years. Caitlin Parrish is next with 3, and that's the extent of her TV writing career with the exception of a single episode of Emily Owens M.D. Most of the other writers have written 1 episode each, and most of them are very inexperienced. Some of them have nothing to their name other than UtD. Besides the inexperience, there's the problem of too many cooks; the show might be more cohesive if it had something resembling a writing staff. As it is, there are a dozen writers, excluding Vaughan, whose involvement is hard to gauge because IMDB gives him a credit for every episode as creator. With that many people each making a tiny contribution, it's hard to imagine them having meetings to discuss the show's direction. That would explain why the writers have such little regard for what came before their episode. They're placing shit on a foundation of shit.
  • Most of the directors are veterans, but there are a lot of them for a young show. I know many shows use a lot of directors throughout their run, but again, too many cooks. 12 directors for 19 episodes? Come on.
More+
Flag
"Most of the other writers have written 1 episode each, and most of them are very inexperienced. Some of them have nothing to their name other than UtD."

That, or they are experienced writers who use pseudonyms for UtD. That's what I would do.
Flag
That would explain why their names are all just different spellings of Alan Smithee and Thomas Lee.
Flag
Haha, great review. This show is definitely one that you have to choke down. And here's the other thing: I've recently caught up with Haven- on Syfy- and that show just FEELS so much more like Stephen King. I think I'll keep watching UTD, but at this point I feel like I need to read the book too. There's got to be a good story in there somewhere, right?
Flag
Am I the only one who cares what was down the right turn of the cave???
It was probably an exit to get out of the dome, But whatever.
Flag
the thing is, if the right turn leads to the same as the left turn, wont Barbie have reached a detour when he was proceeding along by himself.. unless he didnt notice which is 'inexcusable' but not 'unforgivable'.
Flag
My husband and I discussed this at great length. We noticed that when Sam jumped there was an odd noise, a noise that you didn't hear when they threw the rock down. We're thinking that jumping into the hole is actually a way out of the dome (a portal or something - I'm literally thinking of the game Portal but any portal would do). Why else would Lyle have gone down there in the first place? If he wanted to die there were numerous ways that could have transpired - he wouldn't have been on the run just to run down a mysterious locker cave and jump to his death so he knew what was up with the hole inside a hole.
Flag
Actually, now that I think about it, there was probably an elevator down to the bottom floor where Sam found a giant marshmallow inside a giant hole where he stopped and said "Hmmm... that's weird" He then took the elevator back up to the last floor he was on then followed the left tunnel back to tell Barbie and that is where we caught up with him.

His last thoughts when he threw himself into the hole was - "giant marshmallow, here I come!!!"

Hey my idea can't be any worse then the official writers version. I wonder if Stoner Ben is the official writer for the show.. would make a lot of sense. Hmmm
Flag
so which ep will have the spaceship in it? or is the dome going to turn into one? :P
Flag
lol i missed the cam reflection in the boat!
Flag
another episode i didnt care watch and i came here to read ur post about it :D and boy i wasnt disappointed, i was 100 % sure that this show is now completly lost under the dome :/

why wasting their resources like that, why arent director or producers doing anything about the storyline to make it better i know this all not realistic but come on this is utterly vacuous!!
Flag
The dome. A magical invisible force field that makes everyone inside it stupid, and apparently makes a lot of people outside stupid, too, since I still sit for an entire hour in front of this total train wreck of a once-promising-premised show every week of the summer. At least the title was fitting for this episode - In The Dark - where the writers, characters and viewers spend most of their time. This was another one of those rare episodes that seems like it actually TRIED to be good - and as we know from previous lame attempts, when this show tries to be good, we really see how bad it actually is. Ernest Hemingway couldn't write a watchable episode at this point. But, the comedy still persists. Like after Junior causes Sam and Barbie to be trapped in the basement/tunnel/bottomless pit, and he is going to find Joe and Norrie, because of course those two teenage savants will be able to help clear the rubble, and he tells Julia that he will "look after" Melanie. That may not be too funny, but when Julie is all like, "Oh, okay, as long as you, crazy, crazy, unbelievably crazy, Junior, are going to look after her, then fine. Whew! I know she's safe now."

Or when Barbie was all "You're a liar Sam," and Sam was like "You're a liar Barbie," and then Barbie was like "You're okay Sam," and Sam was like "You're okay Barbie," and then Barbie was like "You're liar and an Angie murderer, Sam!!!" and Sam was like "You will be too, Barbie, because I'm checking out of this place - wait for me Lyle, wheeeeeee!"

Yeah, great plot development.

And WTF with the giant windmill? To say nothing of Big Jim's sudden turnaround with the voters - again. It seems like they could at least try to hint at a time-lapse-y thing when they do some science stuff to combat the weather stuff. When they cleared up the acid rain by spraying stuff in that one mud puddle, and it took like 12 seconds to completely stop the acid rain, I was like, hmmm, that seemed awful fast. And then, they did it again. That one single windmill was up and running for like 8 1/2 seconds, and the dust was gone gone gone! They don't eff around in Chester's Mill. When they say they're going to do something, they do it FAST - after, of course, they spend many dome-hours arguing over it for no reason whatsoever. Science is awesome.

Finally, we start this episode with an almost-beliveable level of resentment and animosity between the nearly-exterminated townsfolk and the nearly-exterminating Big Jim Rennie. His response to their ire? "Hey, I was trying to kill a lot of you FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! Hell, even I could have been in danger, so you know I meant it." Stunned silence. Then it happened. Ben returned. Yes, Tim, Ben returned, but for what? While the whole town was pro-Shum/ anti-Jim, Ben was the only one (stoned enough?) to be on Team Big Jim. Really, Ben? Et tu'?

All in all, I tend to agree with an early commenter. Based on the obvious brain disease suffered by the entire town of Chester's Mill, and the complete lack of anyone outside the dome seeming to give the tiniest shit about Chester's Mill anymore, the dome was clearly designed to quarantine the Chester's Millians, and prevent their DNA from spreading into the general population. In that regard, great job Dome. We love you. See you next Monday, i guess.
More+
Flag
I almost forgot, in case Tim actually reads my comments, I almost perforated my bowel laughing so hard at "*frump*". HAhahahahaha!
Flag
I'm quite seriously considering sending a letter to the producers to tell them how shitty this show is. I assume they know what the viewers feel, because they do read reviews. After all, they don't live in a bubble (or under a dome). And if they get their living from writing, then they must themselves be aware that the material they are producing is pathetic.

Regardless of this, I might still send them a letter, because there are a few chosen words bubbling inside me, and putting them on paper could be therapeutic. I guess I feel that these writers should simply not be allowed to get away with this. People should get a fair punishment for their crimes. And that's why I feel that it's only right that we as viewers inform the writers that what they are doing is the worst kind of crime against humanity.
Flag
They would not care as long as they get their money!!
Flag
I love these recaps! The show is the best comedy around!

Is it just me or has Ben the Stoner gained some weight over the last two weeks of enforced starvation and limitless coffee? Maybe he has a magic stash of food along with his stash, or there is another dome growing from within him?
Flag
Crap, I stopped watching this nonsense 4 episodes ago, but now I just wasted 45 minutes reading this. Sounds like it's just more of the same and the cuteness of the photo recaps has worn off as well. Somebody please chute me.
Flag
It took you 45 minutes to read the recap of a show that was only 42 minutes long? "Chute" you indeed ;)
Flag
I also read all comments and commented myself. I'm not an idiot.
Flag
You should watch the episodes the recaps don't scratch the surface.
Flag
You can only watch garbage so long, then it starts to really stink.
Flag
I know, right. But if I liked stupid I would watch that stupid hospital show--way stupider
Flag
Questions.

What happened to Joe's blood tests?
He kissed Melanie, in front of Norrie! that invalidated the tests, plus The science teach was locked up and now she has to be an expert in explosives. My god man she isn't Batman. Is she?

What happened to Big Jim's calling from the Dome?
Call waiting?

What happened to all the ghosts?
They just got done battling the science teacher for science vs magic properties, even though we already knew the Dome was magic. I don't know why they did this but this show isn't that big on consistency.

What happened with all the email communications?
Comcast.

What happened to DJ Phil?
Hopefully dead, even though he only got shot in pretty much the exact same spot as Julia and Julia rescued Melanie and did a bunch of stuff after she got shot. Basically what I am saying is that Phil is a sissy.

What happened to Officer Linda's firefighter boyfriend?
Realized he dodged a bullet. A really dumb bullet and went to Vegas with his bros.

What happened to the big propane scam?
They used that for the war with the farmer.

What happened to all the military intervention?
They realized that with the Dome in place they just raised the collective IQ of the nation. So they figured they are good. Plus they come back when the 4 hands go through the pit and are in the world and they have to stop them for some reason.

What happened to all the charred ground outside the dome from all the MOABs that were fired at the Dome?
We haven't seen that side of the dome yet this season. Have we? I don't know there was a giant hole under the town and no one saw that until it was convenient for the plot.

What happened to Ben between when we last saw him and this episode?
He was shredding, obviously.

More+
Flag
It must have been a real BORING episode, because this time even the photo recap was boring. To much dust?
Flag
Did someone noticed that the 4 "hand-kids" were all dirty from the sand storm, but on the boat, Melania was squeky clean ... even her white-ish shirt ... And Norrie was kinda clean too ... Wth ... they took a quick shower before going to the lake ? and the boys kept the dirty clothes to look more man-like ? :)))
Flag
It was clearly better than the last episode which must be the worst one yet... We had some tiny character development for Barbie and the teacher, we were even told why Melanie is back. For UtD standards, it was watchable.
Flag

Dear Writers of Under the Dome:

We are writing to object to your use of hands to represent the four individuals who can communicate with "The Dome."

We believe that feet, being the most beautiful and attractive feature on the human body, should be the crux of your show. Further, we find the reliance on hands in your show offensive and demeaning to our personal sexual preferences.

We are therefore serving notice that we will boycott your show's advertisers until such time as you rename the group of characters represented by Joe, Norrie, Junior, and Melanie to "The Four Feet." We have already sent letters to Nike and Dr. Scholl's Foot Products and rest assured, they are taking our concerns sincerely.

Yours truly,

Bob "Happy Feet" Jones
Flag
I hate ugly feet!
Flag
Lol, the Four Feet. I wonder if Norrie's feet have giant foreheads, too? And I'll bet Rebecca's feet are all bony and narrow, with that weird humongously-disproportional-and-crooked-second-toe thing going on too. And Big Jim probably has Hobbit feet. LMFAO.
Flag
yes this show could use some foot fetish action
Flag
Agreed, though I would have gone for BFF, "Bottom Four Feet", as we do not know how the people of Chester's Mill will change over the next period of time.
Flag
So that thing with the windmill.. what's the science behind that?
Flag
How do you erect a windmill in the MIDDLE OF A DUST STORM?!
Flag
I think that science chick needs go back to school. That windmill thing was . . . I'll be kind and just say STUPID! Why not just take the fire hose and hose down the dome itself. It would have been much faster and could have covered a lot more ground in a shorter amount of time.
Flag
About as much science as there was in the magic anti-magnet, the crop razing, virus generic engineering and pretty much anything Rebecca has done, ziparoony.
Flag
or "Pink Stars!"
Flag
So the big drama with the magic locker and the hole led to.....the basement. Which would have been accessible via a nice n' easy set of stairs anyway. Literally not seeing the point of this at all, not even in a bad Rebecca science and logic way...anyone?
Flag
There was that one line that I could not believe the writers had added into the script seemingly without a hint of irony. At the beginning when Julia told Big Jim that she would allow the people to vote about things, Jim replied: "is there a brain under that hair." One could ask the same thing from the writers. On the other hand it might be that they have said it so many times in the writers' room that they decided to include that in the script, kind of as a sign that they do have self-awareness.
Flag
Melanie had a brilliant line I can't quite remember, something like 'I died and an egg brought me back!' but said with complete conviction.
Flag
I know we're supposed to find Under the Dome's terribleness funny, and I guess I sorta did season 1, but now it just bores me to tears. The stilted acting, the awful dialogue, the horrible disaster plot contrivances; it all adds up to something in which I have almost no interest.
Flag
You have to master the art of doing other stuff when it's boring and pay the fullest attention when it's awesomely terrible.
Flag

Flag
I also like how they couldn't even afford the special effect to show the egg rising out of the water.
Flag
That was disappointing, indeed. They spent $ for bad writers yet they can't spend $ to the show's admittedly good special effects.
Flag
They haven't shown a Surface saving the day for a few episodes, product placement money is tight. Maybe Subway could sneak a franchise in through the tunnel, to save the dome folk having to live on hoarder lady's cans?
Flag
Prius got a namecheck, though.
Flag
Gotta love the ultimate liberal cop car.
Flag
Wonder Quartet Powers, Deactivate!
Flag
Diet Tab is a redundancy.

Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members