An Under the Dome Community
CBS (ended 2015)

Happy Domeday, everybody!!! CBS's silly science-fiction series returns to television for Season 2 tonight whether you want it to or whether you really don't want it to, and I'm chompin' at the dome to know what comes next. So to get you prepared for another 13 episodes of dome-related nonsense, here's...

Everything we know about Season 2:

– There will still be a dome! I'm 75 percent sure about this.

– Executive producer and co-creator Brian K. Vaughan decided he would rather go back to writing comics graphic novels and spend time with his family than have his name attached to the show, so he quit his job as Dome boss earlier this month. Supposedly he still mapped out all of Season 2 with showrunner Neal Baer, though. 

– A major character will DIE in the first minutes of the Season 2 premiere! The list has been narrowed down to: DJ Phil, Officer Linda, Norrie, Norrie's other mom Carolyn, Ben the good-time stoner bro, and "resident hoarder Andrea," which pretty much tells us that the term "major character" is being used loosely. And another character will die before the episode is over! I hope the Dome and the alien-ghost-hologram of Norrie's mom survive!

– Stephen King wrote the first episode of Season 2. He actually watched Season 1 and decided to stick with this project even more than before. Someone please check Stephen King's temperature or give him a stroke test.

– The Dome becomes magnetic in the Season 2 opener because that is the next logical step in Dome-volution.

– There will be a way for people under the Dome to communicate with people over/outside the Dome because "there is a crack in the Dome... where internet messages can get through" or some bullshit, according to Baer. 

– The Young and the Restless's Max Ehrich will join the cast as Hunter and he will be introduced in Episode 3. However, he'll only appear digitally, meaning he's probably one of those people communicating with people inside the Dome through the world wide internet. And of all the people he chooses to communicate with, he picks Joe and Norrie. Does he have secrets about the Dome or is he just a pedophile sending crotch Snapchats to kids? 

– People might be able to get in and out of the Dome this season! Which pretty much sabotages the whole conceit of the show, but will also leads to an influx of new characters. Big Jim's brother-in-law will be played by CSI: New York's Eddie Cahill, a teacher will be played by Misfit's Karla Chrome, Barbie's father Don will be played by Person of Interest's Brett Cullen, a barbershop owner (gotta keep that Dome high and tight) will be played by Dwight Yoakam, and a mysterious woman who may know the origins of the Dome will be played by ER's Sherry Stringfield.   

– The show will still be awful, according to Variety's review of the Season 2 premiere. 

Relive the glory of Season 1

If you forgot that in the Season 1 finale, Julia Shumway threw a black egg into a lake for no reason at all and then pink streamers shot out of the ground and fireworks exploded while the town was trying to publicly lynch Barbie, then you might need a refresher on what happened. I've got you covered! Read my reviews of Season 1 and watch as I go from hopeful to depressed to suicidal over the course of the season.

Episode 1: Chester's Mill gets caught... under the dome!

Episode 2: There's a fire!

Episode 3: Everyone chases a crazy cop!

Episode 4: Well of course there was an outbreak of meningitis!

Episode 5: The military attacks the Dome!

Episode 6: Water shortage!

Episode 7: There's an egg inside a mini-dome? What the heck is going on here? Plus: Norrie rejects Joe's request for dome sex.

Episode 8: Big Jim kills a farmer!

Episode 9: Gun control, drugs, and the fourth hand!

Episode 10: Underground fight clubs break out over toiletries!

Episode 11: Dome-nado!

Episode 12: Blame it on Barbie!

Episode 13: Inexplicable madness!

Read all these and I will send you your official DomeMaster PhD certificate for being a learned expert in Under the Dome

I'll be reviewing the second season of Under the Dome to save you the trouble of watching it, so check back tomorrow for my writeup of the Season 2 premiere if it doesn't lobotomize me too badly!

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/10/2015

Season 3 : Episode 13

56 Comments
Comments (55)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Thanks for the article. I ain't going to see these shits anymore.
Flag
thank you for this article!!!

Flag
You only have to know one thing and that is what a load of steaming cow dung this show is
Flag
This show is just time filler, sorry!
Flag
This is one of the best/worst shows on tv, its so stupid it makes me laugh.

I mean, it has the minidome, the firework-filled egg, the holographic alien dead mom, psycopathic police officer, the most useless police officer ever, guy with delusions of grandure, and a guy named Barbie.
WHAT ELSE COULD YOU ASK FOR? (And we're probably gonna get even crazier shit this season and I'm going to love/hate every single bit of it).

Also, can't wait for Tim's reviews xD.
Flag
Spoiler....bye bye Linda. And can someone tell me why Big Jim was channeling Beetlejuice?
Flag
Say it ain't so! SAY IT!
Flag
LOL, Linda could've totally avoided her death.
Flag
WTFreak is up w/ya'll ? I thought this was a pro-Under the Dome Community but all I hear is such negative stuff about the show; I happen to love IT! Please people give it a chance OR we will get stuck w/"yet another reality show" which is just fake as crap! As for the Leftover's I will give it at least to episode 3 or 4, and if its not something I find interesting I will not watch it anymore; right now its new so "anything can happen"! Also I love that Stephen King has written a couple of episodes of Under the Dome- he's amazing writer; love that Sherry Stringfield will be coming on, she's a great actress - loved her since (I think it was Guiding Light); I also am IN love w/Barbie, can't help it he's fine :) As for Big Jim and Jr. both of them are nuts off the rack and could careless if either of them die tonight; but my bet is on Jr. We shall see!!
Flag
It is a pro Dome community--it's just not a stupid one who buys this crap. And it is crap, and that's why we watch it. Best crap in town...
Flag
Lol i didn't think it was that bad of a 1st season. It's not a show I've been counting down (I actually didn't know it was airing tonight til I saw the tweet) but it definitely kept me entertained last summer. The acting and writing was a little off but I still enjoy the concept of the Dome. Btw thanks for the reminder TV.com
Flag
Didn't even have to see who wrote this garbage, to know who writer was. Mr. "Reality"/ Mr. "Cable". For some reason, Mr. Surrette wants reality on network tv. He doesn't want an escape from reality for an hour or two a week. Stick to MTV and CMT, Mr. Surrette!
Flag
To heck with this show, I am spoiling it... it's aliens LOL
Flag
Or... is everybody OUTSIDE the dome secretly an alien, and everyone inside the dome is already dead? #NotPenny'sBoat
Flag
Yup!
Flag
Ooo as of last night's Leftovers I am not sure which one to hate watch. I don't think I can do both. Maybe I will try, but damn this is going to be tough to choose between the two.
Flag
Everyone's favorite bad decision-making police officer returns tonite and I am thrilled. If she lives, then we're at least guaranteed she will do something stupid and make us all laugh, and if she dies, one less terrible actor on the show. Win-Win. :)
Flag
Sorry I'm new here... So is TV.com just the most anal negative place to find out about TV? Unfortunate waste of a domain name.. This show is great and in the real world everybody loves it.. I was actually shocked to see some of these comments
Flag
"This show is great and in the real world everybody loves it.. "

Thank you for your input, Mr. King.
Flag
You are right, Jason. TV.com writers, especially, Tim Surrette, blast anything and everything on tv. Unless, it's reality or on cable.
Flag
Not sure if troll or sincere madman...
Flag
I am not expecting much from this season 2. Entertainment Weekly (EW) rated its episode #1 C+. :(
Flag
"Dome-nado"--how perfect a description is that?

Flag
"Which sabotages the whole conceit of the show." Freudian slip or what?
Flag
Despite the horrible writing, acting and the lack of sense, I simply love this show! Is always a great source of guaranteed laughs ahahahaha... Totally looking forward to more ultra madness this season.
Flag
If officer Linda dies I won't know how to act--she's clearly the best dome law enforcement officer of all time.
Flag
Nope, no way can I even hate-watch any more of this crapfest. But I'm genuinely looking forward to a lot of snarkasm in your reviews, Tim. Sorry you have to endure the show but I eagerly await the fruits of your suffering.

Flag
Oh, you have to watch the episodes, or the reviews don't mean as much.
Flag
Yeah, I know what you mean but self-abuse loses its luster after a while. I thoroughly enjoyed all the Revolution reviews long after I stopped watching the actual show.
Flag
The Revolution will not be televised.
Flag
Tim, please keep an eye out for non-ferrous metallic objects -- bronze church bells, aluminum pie plates, tinfoil hats, etc. -- to suddenly become magnetized. You just know it'll happen.
Flag
I also love it when shows do impossible things with plumbing just to create chaos. Oh, is there still tin foil somewhere we don't know about--I thought it was all made of aluminum...silly me...
Flag
I immediately pictured Curly [Howard] weaving himself into that cocoon of pipes in one of my favorite Stooges shorts. (The same short also featured one of the all-time best abuses of Moe and arguably my single favorite Larry scene as his head popped up in the front lawn. Good stuff, even 75 years later.)

Yeah, I know foil isn't made of tin anymore but the tinfoil hat thing persists in the lexicon so I went with it. The stoner skater dude seems like a good candidate for wearing one.

Flag
It is possible to make your own tinfoil.
Flag
The best worst show on TV!
Flag
Well, Stevie wrote this one--with very little to work with I might add--how bad can it be?
Flag
Hollywood's adaptations of Mr. King's works are, not quite 100% awful, but... much closer to 100% than even Mr. Sturgeon's prediction.
Flag
I'd rather watch a Big Brother/Bachelor type show or a political debate than Under the Dome. I'd rather watch my toenails removed without anesthesia. Can they just flatten the dome in the season premiere/finale?
Flag
Well, stanking, it's clearly the way you roll anyway, but we all love you just the same.
Flag
Season 3?? I decided to keep watching because I thought they were going to wrap things up in season 2. No season 3 come on.
Flag
I thought it was going to be a miniseries, but noooooooooo! :(
Flag
Yeah, bandying the season three word is scary, isn't it.
Flag
#threeseasonsandamovie
Flag
Hahaha can't wait for your reviews .. I just watch this show just to see what stupid things they can come up with.
Flag
I really wish that Under the Dome had just been one season and had ended the same way the book ended. The climax to that book was one of the best climaxs ever.
Flag
Really, then why don't I remember it? Glad you didn't use the word memorable, because I'm not senile yet--or am I?
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Not a fan of all the negativity towards this show. We get it, you don't like it. Sometimes, things one person might hate another person might love. I quite like the show and I've read the book. Not sure if that makes any difference or not. I'm looking forward to the premiere... not the reviews if they're written in this tone though.
Flag
How's the book compared to this one?
Flag
The book's great. Definitely recommend it.
Flag
It's much better. But I still enjoy the show ,so it's not like it ruins it.
Flag
Sorry dude, it's crap on a cracker--without the cracker.
Flag
Sorry dude, it really isn't.
Flag
Oh yeah?
Flag
puh leez
Flag
Well, I've certainly left my mark on this piece of poop--somebody shoot me.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members