An Under the Dome Community
CBS (ended 2015)

Under the Dome S01E06: "The Endless Thirst"

Let's get this out of the way NOW: Under the Dome was renewed for a second season yesterday! Let's all give Officer Linda a round of applause! There's no denying that the series is a smash hit ratings blockbuster of epic proportions that's dome-inating the summer and propelling CBS to a level of arrogance that even it hasn't seen before. And yes, many people who are more forgiving than myself believe that the show has improved in recent episodes. Fewer phone-charging parties and more gigantic bombs will do that. But let's not go overboard here, fellas and fellettes. Under the Dome is still a spectacle of follies, and last night's "The Endless Thirst" continued the clumsiness. 

I think the citizens of Chester's Mill are finally beginning to realize there's a dome over their heads, and that they're trapped inside it, because "The Endless Thirst" was all about being so gosh-darn thirsty and hungry that it was necessary to give the local waitress a home-run swing with a baseball bat for a few frozen hamburger patties. It wasn't long ago that order ruled and the townspeople could still sit in Rose's diner to order their Denver omelets while the dome loomed ominously overhead. But now? TOTAL SHITSTORM.

I LOVED how it all started when hallucinating Alice strolled into the street and an appliance truck—probably delivering a washing machine to Junior's house so he can keep his new cop outfit in tip-top shape (are people really working right now?)—crashed right into the town's only water tower. Talk about really, really, really unfortunate luck! Big-time oopsie. And because Under the Dome is only barely a serialized show that's been pressured into telling easily digestible hour-long stories, there was no time for gradual uprising. Put a tiny idea of water shortage into one man's head and it spreads like Chlamydia on Rock of Love. Things got bad in Chester's Mill lickety-split. The panic button wasn't just pressed, it was smashed with a Wac-a-Mole mallet. The townspeople who just last week were bonding beneath the old abandoned cement factory were now at each others' throats over a can of fruit cocktail. It was a full-on, fist-throwing, white-people riot, and it was a glorious sight.

And how great! It's about time the gravity of their situation dawns on the stupid people of Chester's Mill. In the real world, there are people hoarding canned food and shotgun shells because they don't believe our president has a U.S. birth certificate, but in the world of Under the Dome, a meningitis outbreak, a loony gun-totin' cop on the loose, and the military dropping a megaton bomb on thee roof weren't enough to slap reality in people's faces? That's not even counting that impenetrable dome that has halted their contact with the outside world. These people all deserve to die. 

But there are two types of people in Chester's Mill. The main cast and an angry mob. And while the angry mob was busy angrily mobbin', most of the main cast was making an effort to increase the peace. Big Jim was appeasing the only farmer who had a working water well by trading him lots of propane (how much propane did this farmer need, anyway?). Junior was pointing his gun at people in the store. Barbie was working out some murderous issues on some particularly rambunctious rioters. And Linda was sauntering around Main Street trying to keep order with some really, really terrible acting. But our heroes' efforts were for naught. Peoples was hungry and thirsty and they weren't gonna stop punching until they were satiated!

But Just when Chester's Mill had become a Royal Rumble with people beating the tar out of each other in the middle of the street, the dome intervened. The holy, glorious dome showered the people of Chester's Mill with drinking rain, and everyone's anger was washed away and replaced with soggy-clothed hugs and moist hand shakes. Yes, men who just minutes ago were punching each other in the face were now kissing. And Big Jim drove up onto the scene (as Big Jim always does, seriously he just pops up at the perfect time) and shouted, "It can rain! It can rain inside the dome, woohoo!" He literally "woohoo!"'d. "Hey this rain came out of nowhere, alright!" And then he high-fived some random people. "Don't just stand there, grab a bucket and grab a trash can and we can save every drop we can!" This actually happened on a multi-million-dollar budgeted show! Hank Schrader actually said that!

Dodee called the unseasonable precipitation a "microclimate," but we all know better (mostly because the episode never once panned the camera up to look at the clouds). I'm now convinced the dome is an eerie manifestation of some supreme being's tween daughter that begged her father for Chester's Mill as a pet, and she's not so good at taking care of it. But she does just the bare minimum to make the people dependent on her. Kind of like when you got that Tamagotchi and it was really fun for a few hours and then a couple days later you got a message that it was about to die, so you pressed a button and it sprung back to life. And hey, that works for me as an explanation. 

Elsewhere, there were two awesome side stories that kept things really mild. Diabetic Alice's decision not to scoop up some insulin really bit her in the diabetic ass, and Norrie took it upon herself to loot some houses looking for some of that sweet, sweet blood-sugar stabilizing nectar. Eventually they found some. So that was that story. 

In the other awesome plot, Bad Luck Angie kept her streak of terrible fortune going. Snuggle time with Junior was over, and when they realized the bomb hadn't killed them, they went back to being America's favorite dysfunctional couple with Junior creepily threatening her and Angie smashing him in the face with a snow globe. Have we ever considered that maybe Angie is the crazy one, and not Junior? She's got to be bipolar or something, right? What kind of weirdo has sex with a guy, then screams at him, then cuddles with him after being kidnapped by him, THEN uses seasonal ornamentation as a weapon on the side of his head?

Sorry, but I'm putting the blame on Angie here. Team Junior all the way. Anyway, she ran away and then got knocked out by looters (and then maybe raped, and if she's not a lesbian by the time this whole dome thing is over, then she has a really short memory because men sure treat her like garbage), and then what do you know? She ended up right back in the hands of Big Jim. Jim wanted her to keep quiet about the kidnapping in exchange for anything she needed, but Junior walked in and was like, "What's going on here?" And there's your cliffhanger. Does Junior think Angie is cheating on him with his dad? I hope so. And I hope they solve the problem by putting Angie back in the basement. 

"The Endless Thirst" wasn't all that endless. In fact, it should've been called "The 45 Minutes of Being Somewhat Parched." But the episode did finally give us the dome-related panic that we've all been asking for, and it totally went balls-out. People were beating each other in the streets! Old men were running around with lanterns and aunts were scurrying away with lanterns! So that's the positive to take away from the hour. As for the execution? Boy oh boy. Not good. Next week: The dome has a baby! 

ADDEN-DOMES

– We should also talk about Dodee's screech-locating frequency-triangulation gizmo that went wacko when she pointed it at Joe and Norrie, indicating that they might be the "source" of the dome. Okay. Sure. I guess that makes Joe and Norrie the "Adam and Eve" of our supreme being's daughter's experiment. Maybe she wants them to breed? No pressure, Joe!

– I mean, that opening scene, right? This show is edited in the worst way. So much post-production dialogue, so much overlayed audio, and so many jumpy, anticipatory shots all over the place to hurry things along that they made me physically ill.

– Barbie and Julia finally made out. In the rain. I liked how she went out for a drive and found Barbie walking in the middle of the street during a heavy rainstorm instead of under the awnings on the sidewalk, and then she honked "beep-beeeep-beep" when she pulled up behind him. So much for her gross husband! It's Vegas rules now. What happens in the dome stays in the dome.

– How many more episodes until the Cult of the Holy Dome is created and starts recruiting members? Sign me up for that shit. This dome wants to provide for its flock. Crazy Reverend Firestarter wasn't far off. In a side note, I really miss that old kook.

– That appliance truck that crashed into the water tower? "King's Appliance." Nice nod to Stephen, but I wonder if he's just like, "Ugh, no thanks." 

– Did you ever see Ed Wood? Remember that part when Ed was directing a scene, and they did a first take and it was terrible, and Ed said, "Perfect!" I think that's what happens in every scene of Under the Dome

– "Are you sure a diabetic lives here?" Joe asked, as if he was talking about a unicorn and not one of the millions of people living with diabetes in this country.

– How about lighting all those dead fish on fire and having yourself a seafood BBQ?! Turn this panic into a party! When life gives you dead fish, make some deadfishade. 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/10/2015

Season 3 : Episode 13

393 Comments
Comments (393)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I found a very good, romantic show that should keep us until Season 2 of Under The Dome.

Beauty and the Beast': Jay Ryan and Kristin Kreuk talk Season 2 romance in 'Kidnapped. I love it, its worth your time.

Flag
OMG!! How hilarius was it when Angie scaped from Junior at her house and in the next shot she appears running in the WOODS!!! where no one can find her?!?!?! instead of going into the village, so, maybe, she will run into anyone passing by?
Flag
I think this show is terrible tbh, but victim blaming now? Nice going, Tim. You really stoop low.
Flag
Did you read the book?
Flag
You're a fan of Hunger Games, aren't you!
Flag
I feel like up until the missile hit the dome, the townspeople didn't panic because they all were under the delusion that the dome was going to go away or that they would figure something out. Reality hit pretty hard, and thus the panic got out of control. The pacing of the show really doesn't strike me as odd.
Flag
Why is there wind inside the dome? Where was this truck going? Did someone suddenly decided they need appliances? Basically it's a great idea to drive any gas powered vehicle under a giant freaking dome. Has Barbie the most impecable timing in all of history? Is he just lurking around somewhere until something happens? I think he may even be the cause. Otherewise he can't possibly be everywhere there is trouble. The riot was so poorly portrayed. It looked like an educational video for work or school, how things can get out of control. Angies doubts about her word against Juniors, who now is a cop, would have been more compeling if the insane wouldn't come out of Juniors eyes. I mean, everbody looking at that guy for like a minute can see he is not an example for mental stability. Not even Joe and Noris sidequest was any good this week. Why was that guy lurking around in his garden with a rifle? Is he standing there all day to wait for someone who tries to steal his insulin? I mean i get what the episode tried to say, but it did in such a horrible horrible way. Shouldn't cops wear some kind of protective gear, say a gas mask, when they dispersing tear gas? What was it that Sheriff Linda said? Sparks flying? Wasn't Julia still married. Like 2 days ago. Worst episode so far.
More+
Flag
I can't believe how many people on here think its funny that Angie was kidnapped hahaha, she may have been raped hahahaha, she runs back to her kidnapper (which happens) hahahaha, oh no, someone might think she's cheating and maybe she's just crazy hahaha, lets lock her up again in the basement cause she went crazy from being locked up there before hahahaha. Crazy or not imagine that was your sister or friend. Maybe they should have given her to that family that keep three woman in a basement for years, wouldn't that be funy, hahahaha. :( And women just don't become Lesbians because a few men treated them like shyt.
Flag
I agree with you on all this. I didn't think it was remotely funny. Pretty disturbing really.
Flag
I was hoping to get a response from Tim,see what his thoughts were behind the article he wrote, but nada
Flag
I thought it was damn hilarious. The concepts you're proposing are inherently disturbing, yes. They are depraved in and of themselves. But because this show does such a terrible job of developing characters, fleshing them out, and having them connect with non-gullible viewers, it comes off forced, ridiculous, and laughable.

This argument is the same nonsense that was raised with Revolution when Tim thought it was funny to count how many times Charlie, the female protagonist, got punched in the face. Revolution apologists argued that it was repulsive to joke about abusing women. Truthfully, it only made it all funnier.

I never laughed during any abuse/rape scene while watching Spartacus. Why? 'Cause the show did an amazing job of creating real, three dimensional characters that you could connect with. Characters that made logical, believable decisions that shaped the story.

Ultimately, the people in Under the Dome (insofar as the show depicts them) are retarded. And not the new colloquialism for "retard." They have legitimate down syndrome. And that shit's not funny.
Flag
I'll ley my friends sister know it's okay to laugh at rape on tv if the characters are un-developed and stupid. Thanks for that clarity, she'll be so happy. Maybe even re-watch the episode in a new light.
Flag
It's "more forgiving than me." Not "more forgiving than myself."
Flag
"These people all deserve to die," and deadfishade, hilarious. But I feel so bad for Angie. I was getting so upset when they were just hanging out in the diner, I knew something bad was about to happen. Then the front door was getting broke in and I'm thinking leave out the back door or hide. Not the time for locked up no energy Angie and old lady Rose to stand their ground, especially not knowing what crazy looters were breaking in.

Barbie you should have told them upfront about Jr randomly attacking u and then he probably would have never been made a deputy. The chic in charge listens to everyone else and surely would have listened to Barbie. Finally panicking, ugh, bout time. All the secrets are gonna get people killed. Can't wait. I will not be back for a next season of this junk, but will finish this out.
Flag
Now that was an episode!! Poor Rose, it was painful to watch how she died. Now, I have two characters to root for. Barbie and Angie...
Flag
I think I have the solution to fix this show

Somebody call Jack Bauer! If anybody can sneak into an inpenetrable fortress, it's him. We can have him break in, but instead of freeing everybody, he can one by one kill them in Bauerian fashion leaving only two...Barbie and Angie. From there, it can be a tag team match, only Jack would need a partner. Come on down Kim! While in one corner we can have a special forces badasses-off, in the other corner, we can have the rumble of the worst story arcs between two of the dumbest girls on TV ever!

It'll be epic
Flag
Awesome post - I would pay to see that!
Flag
"Does Junior think Angie is cheating on him with his dad? I hope so. And I hope they solve the problem by putting Angie back in the basement."

I laughed SO hard at this. Thank you Tim! Though, I do hope that this storyline comes to a quick close, if Angie's character is going to remain like this (getting kidnapped/assaulted/possibly raped etc.) she might as well stay locked up in Junior's dungeon since it was safer all in all (except for that incident where she almost drowned ......)
Flag
ok this Angie and Junior storyline is so annoying. Angie! take that deal! so that we can all move on!
Flag
Oh god I was hoping there wouldnt be a second season... I would have been satisfied with this being a mini series which would END this season.. I mean how many seasons of a show about a town being under a mysterious dome last before it gets stupid, this is the kinda show that needs to get to the point, lay out some mysteries and have all questions answered and ended within one season.

I mean what is it gonna take 2 or three seasons now to find out what the dome is and why its there? If so what would be the point in watching the show during the times that part isnt being explained?
Flag
Agreed. I was really hoping for a conclusion to the mystery by the end of summer or fall. This is going to become a never-ending saga of the worst human beings can do to each other under pressure.
Flag
So this episode introduces panic and somehow everyone thinks that makes it an improvement. Taking the Dome seriously is a still a long way from intermittent angry flash mobs (they almost make me long for the angry mobs from Ryan's Daughter). All episodes since the pilot I've struggled to like, with some good bits but more bad, especially the annoying actions taken and the awful dialogue, but even though they were poor I still managed to watch them easily enough. Not this one, this is the first episode I hated, I could not stand it from start to finish. The deus ex machina (this show uses them to create problems instead of fix them!) to create the problem of the week was the worse one yet. I started thinking about sewerage and storm water pipes and all that. Presumably the dome cut each one in half. So what is happening to the sewerage? Is it seeping into the ground or are all the toilets backing up?

Angie's story is getting worse and worse, the cliffhanger was abysmal. And worst of all was the microclimate thing, it makes me so mad, it is just the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. No wonder the camera didn't look up, did they seriously expect us to believe there were rain clouds inside the dome? I wish I could bisect this show to death.
More+
Flag
Assuming the sewer lines are extended just to the city limits, they should be intact. The dome is over just the city limits. I love your reverse deus ex machina.
Flag
Shouldn't the Dome seal off anything it cuts through? If a severed pipe is up against the barrier, there shouldn't be any room for sewage or whatever to seep around the edges.
Flag
I can only speak from the book because I ditched the show long ago, but in the book the dome wasn't like round like a ball. It conformed exactly to the city limits. So, assuming the sewer lines only connected the people in the city, the sewer lines should be intact and the sewage should continue to flow unobstructed through them. They shouldn't be severed in any manner.
Flag
remember that episode from Haven when a little girl had a whole town trapped inside her snow globe? i guess that must be the reference!! ...eventually someone has to convince that little girl (like audrey parker did) that what she's doing is completely wrong...let's all hope by the end of the second season!
Flag
That's it! The town is trapped in a snow glob in Haven. Now if only Parker hadn't disappeared in that barn.
Flag
How about lighting all those dead fish on fire and having yourself a seafood BBQ?! Turn this panic into a party! When life gives you dead fish, make some deadfishade.
lol. That's funny.
Flag
I know you're joking, but wouldn't those fish be tainted with all that methane in the water.
Flag
lol. Yeah. I wouldn't touch them.
Flag
I hope this doesn't hurt the feelings of anyone who likes it, but I'm pretty glad I stayed away from this show now... It sounds awful! O_O
Flag
So, is Angie in the show for like comic relief or something?

How come everything bad happens to her? I swear, I laughed for about 15-20 minutes at how stupid she was when she got knocked out by that pipe at the bomb shelter. Poor thing, I think she'd be better off dead....the writers are simply too cruel.
Flag
I forgot about that. That makes THREE times that she's been knocked unconscious. If there was nothing wrong with her brain before, there probably is something wrong with it now.

I just rewatched the scene to see if the pipe really knocked her out. She held on to the pipe to pull herself closer to the vent to make it more likely that her scream would be heard. Then the pipe broke. That's a pretty shitty pipe. Since her feet didn't reach down to the lower bunk, she fell to the floor. I can't really blame her for that. A pipe that looks like that should hold, and if it doesn't, she's going to fall.

What I don't like about that scene is that she hit her head on the floor so badly that she passed out again. People are pretty good at protecting their heads, either with their hands or by just holding it up so that it never hits the ground. But in shows like this, everyone who takes a fall is either killed or knocked unconscious.
Flag
"Have we ever considered that maybe Angie is the crazy one, and not Junior? She's got to be bipolar or something, right? What kind of weirdo has sex with a guy, then screams at him, then cuddles with him after being kidnapped by him, THEN uses seasonal ornamentation as a weapon on the side of his head?"

^^

Seriously Tim, sometimes your reviews are pure awesomeness. :)

More wit next week please! < xD
Flag
This show redefines "meh" - in a very Revolution/Terra Nova kind of way.
Flag
Did anyone else notice how Linda seems to giving away badges, like it´s hot coco?
Flag
She's the only cop in town, isn't she? So what else can she do? We know that Junior was a bad choice, but she didn't have any reason to think so.
Flag
Yeah. What's that about? She's totally lacks judgement. Who gives a badge to Junior?
Flag
What puzzles me the most is that nobody has commented on the fact that there's a guy called Soo Hugh working on Under the Dome.
Flag
hahahahahaha
Flag
Season two? I really wanted this to be just a mini-series. Then CBS could use the extra money to invest in some less safe/not boring shows.
Flag
When will the "police" realize they're not getting paid anymore and decide they should probably start figuring out how they're going to get resources for themselves? And Barbie? It's not like he has a home there so he doesn't exactly have any money (or what goes for money). You'd think he's be more concerned about how to find food and shit for himself, considering the journalist lady isn't doing shit but walking around all day.
Flag
"I'm now convinced the dome is an eerie manifestation of some supreme being's tween daughter that begged her father for Chester's Mill as a pet, and she's not so good at taking care of it. But she does just the bare minimum to make the people dependent on her."

SPOILERS!
That's pretty close to what the actual book's reveal was.

WHY WAS THERE AN APPLIANCE TRUCK DRIVING AROUND? There's no power and WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO GO? I imagine the poor guy still thinks he has to work only to arrive at every scheduled location and hear someone say "eh, nevermind, power's out anyway." Maybe he rage-crashed the truck.

Also, has Officer Linda ever worked for the FBI? Maybe helping with the Joe Carroll case? She'd fit right in with all those other incompetent idiots.
Flag
SPOILER FROM THE BOOK !!!
And when Tim wrote "These people all deserve to die" I laughed ! It is so close to the book !
END OF SPOILER

I find the show less worse than the book though, which is saying someting...
Flag
They didn't bash her head in because they were hungry right there and then, duh... they were "thinking ahead", that food could/would become sparse later on. + those guys were just rotten anyhow so they wouldn't need much of an excuse. After all, he was about to rape Angie.

OF COURSE the police HAS to work... In that situation they would need to work, to TRY to keep people calm. I don't find it weird that people didn't panic until now. I don't believe people would get hysterical that quick and all at the same time if it happened for real either. It makes sense to me that people are scared from the start, but mass hysteria doesn't break loose until they realize it could mean no food or worse - no water. The fear of not getting water was just the breaking point.

For all we know the city is big enough for there to be a reason why the truck was on the road at all. What's so weird about that? It might have been the only water tower (are there usually so many of them around even in America? Maybe, but maybe not weird for Chester's Mill), but not their only source of water which the episode clearly explained...

Also, what is wrong with Big Jim woohooing? Do people really expect every character on a show to say something profound? Do they? Because THAT would be very unrealistic and fake. They are supposed to be regular people and regular people say normal things like woohoo. To me it just shows they are a person. It's good that they get some normal lines as well or it would come off as very contrived and fake. We are supposed to feel like they are real people.

Julia can kiss Barbie now because she thinks his husband LEFT HER! That means her marriage is over and she can move on. I didn't like that she kissed him so soon after, but it is no reason to hate the show either...

The editing is no worse than other shows.

Honestly, I think this reviewer is deliberately LOOKING for reasons to hate on the show, however small, but really he shouldn't even review the show if he can't be objective. It's one of the worst reviews I ever read! Trend-hating sucks!
More+
Flag
I totally agree with you. The reviewer seems to be a chronic fault-finder, instead of actually looking at the series for what it is. Anyone can find mistakes or cooky things with any tv show, you just have to go with the flow sometimes.

Flag
I just realized something. Why do people keep coming back to watch these stupid shows like Under the dome or Revolution or even Defiance? I think Defiance is the better show yet I've dropped Defiance and I still watch these other stupid shows. It's because Defiance is fucking boring. Under the dome and Revolution might be turds in disguise but they're never boring. Well there's that and the epic enjoyment of Tim's reviews and mild bashing.
Flag
If I were UNDER THE DOME the first thing I'd do would be to throw a match into the lake.
Flag
Cause it would be awesome. Plus, then everyone would die because there wouldn't be any oxygen and that would make the show better.
Flag
I think a show involving nothing but corpses rotting (not animating and walking) would be dull and really disgusting.
Flag
lol, well the dome would probably just resurrect everyone...
Flag
why?
Flag
What natesjokes said.
You gotta pay more attention to the show. The lake is full of methane. But don't worry. The dome will provide.
Flag
My question was in response to the original statement, that he would set a methane lake on fire. I just got bumped way down to where the question no longer makes sense.
Flag
I can see you got bumped. I was just adding to what natesjokes said.
Flag
Have we ever considered that maybe Angie is the crazy one, and not Junior? She's got to be bipolar or something, right? What kind of weirdo has sex with a guy, then screams at him, then cuddles with him after being kidnapped by him, THEN uses seasonal ornamentation as a weapon on the side of his head?
yes, yes i have...she is CRAZY HOT! ha
Flag
Oh I'd also like to ask the reviewer a question. Just out of curiosity....

How many shotgun shells, bottles of water, and cans of food do you have in your basement?

My notion is.. yeah we do live in a day and age where SOME people stock up on supplies like it's the end of the world cause we have a president whose middle name is Hussein. Not only that, but these people seem to be the vocal majority, or at least have the vocal majority on their side to some degree with radio talk shows and political programs playing off of them. But the majority of America, that's hardly the case.

Then again the majority of America has this blind faith in allowing people to do the jobs they're hired to do. Which is why Obama is still in office after the Snowden scandal, it's why we haven't had a nationwide revolution over healthcare and gas prices, and it's why when Americans DO riot, it tends to be less about actual needs, hunger, shelter, healthcare for example, and more about contrived notions of racism, sexism, inequality, or a world that's always looking to keep them specifically down.
More+
Flag
I would guess these people do have a good bit of supplies stockpiled. They live in rural Maine. There's probably a lot of hunting and farming done in there. And I imagine there's some stockpiling of food as well as Maine is likely to snowed in for periods of time during its long winters.
Flag
Actually it's Vermont, but your basic premise is correct.
Flag
Lindhoffen: I thought it was Maine. Thanks.
Flag
Oh, the book was Maine. Or maybe I just assumed it was Maine because that's usually what King writes about. Whatever. Anytown USA (that's likely to have blizzards)
Flag
In the book it's in Maine because Chester's Mill is a close neighbour to Castle Rock. In the book half the police force and firefighters are in CR on Dome Day.
Flag
Wow. For the sake of impartiality I'm trying to get through this whole review, but it is tough. The venom I'm seeing is beyond glaring, and in many ways misplaced. I do not recognize this review as coming from someone who in any way at all is trying to enjoy the show, but rather as from someone who has decided they don't like something and is going to stick to that notion come what may. That's unfortunate.

I will say this though... stating that the plots and characters are wedged into easy to digest one hour stories is ignoring most of what happens on screen. Sure they've got their story of the day to deal with. But there has also been a ton of subplot that leads towards future revelations, for people who are paying attention. Freddy Denton didn't go nuts in one episode. It was gradual. The kids didn't learn about the seizures right away. That was also gradual. Julia and Dodee and the radio station has been an on going plot covered in every episode so far. Barbie's past, and his apparent relationship with Phil Bushey, ditto. Even the "charger party"... for one it made sense. That's the first thing teenagers look to do when parents aren't around is party. But secondly it introduced Carter, who is not deputized they didn't have to stop to explain who he is. They also won't have to stop to explain later when he turns out to be a jerk.
More+
Flag
It isn't Tim's job to enjoy the show, merely to review it. I think back to the heyday of the Siskell and Ebert show. They were professional movie critics (note the word critic). When Star Trek Two: The Wrath of Khan was released, Gene Siskell made a point of telling the viewers that he hated science fiction, and despised Star Trek. Even though he disliked both genre and franchise, it was his JOB to review every scifi and Star Trek movie released. How often do you think his reviews reflected what film goers, scifi fans and Trekkers thought?

The fact is many of us starting watching this show, and many of us disliked it. Some of us quit watching. It says something that even though we quit, we still come here and read these reviews. I assure you, for me at least, it is not because I want to keep up with what happened. I'm here because Tim's reviews are absolutely hilarious. I wouldn't miss one.
Flag
A good portion of views this show gets must come from hate watching. A LOT of hate watching.
Flag
Perhaps. I like the show however and watch it every week without fail. I can't say the same about a show like LOST for example.
Flag
I agree. Just read the comments and see how many people are hanging on to laugh at the show or who watch it for a frame of reference when reading the reviews.
Flag
Not quite sure why people are complaining about this show so much. It had some great laugh out loud moments and insanely bizarre dialogue. Haha this show. It went from zero to total chaos in well under 6 seconds. For 5 episodes the townspeople could not care less about that goshdarn mysterious dome and all of a sudden they are killing that poor old diner lady for some hamburger meat. Let’s not forget the mayhem ensued because an appliance truck ran into the water tower. You know the truck was delivering something because the driver was wearing his work outfit and everything. I hope the appliances inside the truck weren’t ruined by all that water. That guy could lose his job.

On a more serious note… I hope we can agree on the fact that the farmer guy (with the well) is by far the best actor on this show. Hands down
Flag
Was he delivering propane?
Flag
he was the one the propane was delivered to
Flag
I meant the driver, not the farmer.
Flag
Tim clearely never got a girlfriend before if he is shocked that a girl can scream at you after sex.
Flag
Then you're doing something wrong. :P
Flag
If this is a problem for you, you may want to consult the manual. You may be doing it wrong.
Flag
Try telling your gf you've droped off school right after sex and see how she reacts
Flag
Next episode a King's appliance car drives into a wheat silo and destroys the towns supply of future bread. Later it rains Hovis loaves from, too expensive to show, clouds.

Next episode a van drives into a power cable and 3 pin sockets appear on the dome itself so kids can charge their apple devices.

Next episode a van knocks someone down and it rains sleeping policemen.

Next episode all the vans have polluted the air and the dome adds extractor fans.. but remains withholding on magic insulin booths.

Personally I hope the solution turns out to be an ancient Amish god teaching man a lesson about global warming, pollution and consumerism right before an ad break for SUV's and mobile phones.
Flag
Officer Linda has a great chance of becoming the worst character of the year.
Flag
It wasn't immediately clear to me how rain would solve their food shortage problem, but oh well...
Flag
because it can water their non-existent gardens... gotta think long-term yo. lol I'm actually surprised people haven't started planting gardens by now.
Flag
My first thoughts about the dome was that it's generated by some piece of technology. Now I think that those teenagers are doing it subconsciously with their minds somehow. They need to be close to each other to do it. That's why the dome didn't appear until after that girl came to town. I'm guessing that "pink stars are falling" refers to a thing that the dome is supposed to protect them (and the town) from (in episode 13). Most likely a meteor shower. The meteors will have a chemical composition that make them glow pink.

This would be very convenient for the makers of the show, who didn't know if there would be a season 2 when they wrote season 1. It would have allowed them to write and even shoot two versions of the last scene in episode 13 before they got the order for the second season.

Version 1: "Woohoo, the dome is gone."
Version 2: "Why is this frickin' dome still here?"

Not sure if it makes sense to post speculations when everyone who read the book knows the answer already. But I was bored, so I figured I'd do it anyway.

Hm, maybe that girl is some kind of science experiment done by her biological father. If it's not something like that, then I really don't get why he made an appearance on the show.

More+
Flag
You may be right. The show quit following the book a long time ago. Since this now is regular series, it's possible the writers have decided to ditch the book's explanation and come up with a different reason for the dome.
Flag
No, the tv show is still following the book to a certain degree. They're just adding and expanding on certain elements from the book. The origin of the dome will be one of those elements they've expanded on.
Flag
Glad to hear it. They lost me with their reinterpretation of the Phil Busey character. It's Like they just took the names of the characters and put them on entirely different people.
Flag
Big Jim Rennie is a more fleshed out character in the tv show. Junior is less of a psycho (weird, huh?) than in the book.
Flag
Haven't watched yet... am torn about doing so... mostly because there's nothing else on. Also, I really want that, "I knew it!" moment with Julia and Barbie. But not that much. Why do you do this to me, dome?
Flag
The truck incident was some bad writing, and the writers don't seem to know the difference between diabetes and monkeys flying out of my butt. But I have to say that I thought this episode was a bit better than the last few. It was probably the best one after the pilot. I liked that the people now seem to have realized that food and water is an issue, and that someone did *some* sort of detective work about the dome, radio signals etc. I also found the Angie story more tolerable. It may even have been the best part of the episode, probably because it had less Junior this week.
Flag
It was a DOME NIGHT!! last evening...I am viewing this the show in a different light now. Not expecting great acting or dialogue that actually makes sense.(Seriously! The Screenwriters for this show?? WTF?!?! If you guys ever want to work in the fall.. IMPROVE!!) I am treating this show like summer camp.(Sounded like a good idea but when you got there after two days it was time to go!!) I know I can change the channel but I have to see how much worse it can get.( although I have to admit this episode was an improvement over the last 3!) The high(or low) point for me was. Everybody was in FULL RIOT MODE and then it RAINED!!.. THE DOME WILL PROVIDE!! LMAOF))) That scene alone made my DOME NIGHT a success!! Grade for this episode C-/D+. Next week The DOME becomes a DADDY!! (GO ahead with YOUR DOME self!!) Can't WAIT!!
Flag
From Breaking Bad to the drivel of Under The Dome--I hope Dean Norris is making a pile of $$ !
Flag
Good shows struggling to survive while this garbage gets RENEWED. Oy.
Flag
Only way to save the show now is with a massive dome orgy in middle of the town.
Flag
They killed a woman for meat when there are still plenty of cows around?
Flag
And what do you suggest two clueless thugs would do with the cows? You don't think people would notice two idiots going onto a farm trying to take the cows away?

Some people in this thread seem to be more stupid than the show their hating on...
Flag
It's probably an easier task for loser thugs like them to beat a woman for steaks than to steal a truck, steal the cows unnoticed, then find a place where they can hide and protect the cows from the rest of the town, slaughter them when the time comes etc. etc.

I don't get why people don't realize that these two guys were scum to start with... That's why THEY did what they did and not someone else.
Flag
Did they eat her?
Flag
Now that may just make this show half watchable. Combine, Under the Dome with Hannibal. Take 2 shows and make one that may be watchable.
Flag
I hereby demand that TV.com hire John McGinley so that he may be recorded reading your Under the Dome reviews as the beloved Dr. Percival Ulysses Cox from Scrubs. Anyone to second my motion? We should really start a kickstarter campaign.

Seriously though, just close your eyes and imagine Dr Cox speaking; you can't unhear it!
Flag
I'd settle for Hugh Laurie.
Flag
Damn, now all I can hear in my mind is Bertie Wooster reading Tim's words. ;-)
Flag
The Dome provides! lol

the worse the episodes get, the better the reviews are :)
the show actually killed the diner lady -
because she knew about Junior and Big Jim -
in the guise of two stupid idiots. poor diner lady.
Flag
Ed Wood, the man, was a genius compared to this show.
Flag
So, Angie exists just to be the character bad shit happens to? Yay? Good agenting!
Flag
Her name is now "Bad Luck Angie"
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members