An Under the Dome Community
CBS (ended 2015)

EDIT: Hey all y'all, yous guys! I wrote this post after the first episode aired. I hear they have revealed that it's some sort of sphere or something, now. That's great news. I still don't know why nobody tried digging under it in the 1st episode, but it really doesn't matter. What matters is whether or not there were good-looking humans trapped together inside this dome-ball-cube-thing. Mission accomplished.

I just finished the pilot, and not two seconds after the dome landed I was like, "ooh...I wonder what's going to happen when they try to dig under it?". 40+ minutes later and people are still ramming vehicles, air planes and maxillary bones into this giant contact lens.

People are getting all freaky at the local Romano's Macaroni Grill, speculating about what's causing this phenomenon. Some dude has locked the love of his life deep under the earth while the local DJ's compare space noise to Bjork. Some brilliant, young freshman is searching the recesses of this foreign canopy for an "off switch"....but nobody...not the locals, not the Army...nobody even thought to try digging under the darn thing?!

I know. I know. It's a pilot. Yes, I'll watch the next episode tonight tomorrow night (thank you CBS/Amazon).

sigh.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/10/2015

Season 3 : Episode 13

Comments (12)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
So this show is better-called Under the Ball? Or Inside the Ball I suppose?
Flag
Staff
@lindhoffen @Mysterv - this post was created after the 1st episode.
Flag
How far do you want them to dig?
Flag
The molten core in the middle of the earth kinda got in the way.
Flag
Ya this gets answered right in the next episode. There's a bunch of kids trying to dig under it, and have found no end to it yet after at least 6-8 feet. Pretty sure its also mentioned several times how it cut power and telephone lines (which run under the ground).
Flag
I thought the same exact thing when it hit lol
Flag
That was my first thought too and although the second episode wasn't as good, at least people were thinking about digging under.
Flag
It was discussed previously in here :
Question: Why don't they just dig under the dome?
And this was my comment on it:
"It's a ball, it doesn't just cover the town, it is around the town from all sides, if it wasn't a ball, the town wouldn't be completely out of touch with the outside world (Radios, Phones, Tv, Electricity, Etc..) something would have worked, there is a scene were you see how the "Dome" is in the ground (before Barbie finds that lady with no hand)"
Flag
Wait, so is the dome a ball?
Flag
I think!.
Flag
I feel your pain. Let's hope this is the only stupid thing they do on the show.
Flag
well if you look at the road, its like in the ground but I was wondering the same thing lol
Flag
Follow this Show
Members