We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

An Under the Dome Community
CBS (ended 2015)

Some shows I just can't watch because of the acting. Revolution is one of such shows. When I cringe after an actor throws out a line, it's time for me to put my compulsion for finishing every series I start out to pasture. With that in mind, I'm torn between the actors in Under the Dome. On the one hand you have Britt Robertson (Secret Circle), Dean Norris (Breaking Bad), Mike Vogel (Bates Motel) and Rachelle Lefevre (Twilight but I'm more inclined to credit her for her one episode on Better Off Ted) who are in the win column (along with short lived Sheriff Jeff Fahey who I can only hoped comes back to life on some pink stars as a Fringe worthy case of the week). But then, every other character is a loss (I'm glaring at you Junior). Am I alone on this and does this frighten anyone else about how this show will eventually turn out?

Comments (6)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
It all starts with the writers... the dialog is awful.
Flag
I think the show had a lot of potential, but they either screwed up during casting or they desperately need new writers.

Flag
Actually Junior is an interesting blend of creepy and creepy nice.
I like Julia, the lady reporter, Joe the nerdy kid and the radio station guy and gal, but lukewarm for Barbie the ex-military guy, the two moms with their daughter and Big Jim (who needs to get much more evil).

Flag
There seems to be the new trend in town: cast the most annoying face possible to act in a show. But it's not TV only, it's movies as well. I often cringe at some non-acting and their one and a half facial expressions in every shot they are in. I think Junior guy is ok, because he reminds me of Dana Ashbrook from Twin Peaks (Bobby) but his lines and character development are just awful. Shouldn't directors direct actors on how to act if they don't know that? Are they taking a directors strike and just let the camera roll while they watch funny cats on youtube? Who knows. But I know that that kid that is brother from Britt Robertson, his best friend, his new girfriend and her mothers should all just be put out of my mystery. Epic fail, if you ask me, in any possible way.
Flag
It's tough because it's often hard to tell whether it's just poor acting or if the script is just terrible. Even the best actors can look like idiots when spouting bad dialogue, while even the worst actors can look pretty good with very well written dialogue.

I like Dean Norris on Breaking Bad, I couldn't care less about him in Dome. The guy playing Junior is Alexander Koch, and I don't think I've seen him in anything else... and I honestly can't tell you if I think Junior's a terrible character because of Koch's acting or not. I'm just inclined to think his acting is... fine (not great)... but considering the quality of the rest of the show, it's probably the writers' problem.
Flag
In a word - yes. And the dialogue doesn't help much either.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members