Under the Dome Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Any chance Norrie will die horribly?

Norrie?

IanHaze

[1]Jul 18, 2014
    • level: 6

Can somebody who's possibly read the book please tell me if the little c*nt with the huge forehead is gonna die? I can't bear to watch this series any longer if this abysmally acted, annoying waste of a character keeps on polluting my screen. I have NEVER been any more annoyed then after watching this tw*t for 40 minutes straight.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KellyHiggins2

[2]Aug 22, 2014
    • level: 4

She's not in the book. Big Jim's 100 lbs overweight and a super duper end of days armageddon style born again christian. Big Jim and Jr. are both cold blooded sociopaths who would kill anybody they wanted without the slightest empathy. There are no butterflies, blood rainstorms, disease outbreaks, fod or water shortages. The whole thing only lasts 6 days. Big Jim does own a meth lab but its run under the cover of his evangelical Christian church and radio station. BJ "accepted Jesus as his lord and savior at age 14 and has never had a drop of liquor or uttered a profane word in his whole life. He loves to help out people, bad or good, financially so that he can control them in the future, when end of days comes and he has to step up and take charge of the town to guide them through the chaos surrounding the second coming. Hence he loves the dome because it is a sign from God that he was right to do what he has done. Jr.'s mom is dead because Jim murdered her with a pillow while she was dying of cancer, but not going quickly enough to suit him. Pillow over the face and a heavy dose of her pain meds. Jim and Jr. have no feelinga cor each other at all, since they are both sociopatha. Jr. started off as a kid trapping and torturing small animals to death. He has recently been epelled from college for anger issues but ththat's OK beause the thing he is doing at the exact moment the dome comes down is brutally beating Angie to death. He hides her dead body in a pantry but keeps coming back to it to have sex with it! He is a murdering psycho whereas Jim only murders people who cross him. When the pastor of his chur h decides to come clean about the meth, Jim beats him to death with a bronzed baseball. Barbie is a squeeky clean war hero who was laying low in the town working as a fry cook in the cafe, which Jim does not own. Julia Shumway is 43 (17 years older than Barbie and a very honest and dedicated newspaper owner who has never been married. The dome is completely extraterrestrial in origin and there is no contact between the originatora and humans in the book. Oh, and only 12 people get out alive in the book, when the aliens finally just lift it away. Maybe you should give the book a shot. Its not King's greatest but I liked it enough to read it twice.

KellyHiggins2

[3]Aug 23, 2014
    • level: 4

There are no teenager characters in the book. There's also no dead lake girl, science teacher, alcoholic ex EMT, mini dome, magic egg, Barbie father, Jr. mother, crazy barber or magic postcard prophecies. There are some minor little kid characters who have tiny seizures and see a couple of prophetic visions that create a feel of impending disaster but they're not vital to the plot. There are about 6 rather important characters who didn't, for some unknown reason, make it into the series. It's not an 'adaptation' of the book it's an absolute rape of the book.

bipity

[4]Aug 29, 2014
    • level: 5

Thanks for the recap - I read the Dark Tower series but it wasn't good enough to inspire me to read any other King books.

It sounds like it's been heavily sanitized for TV, and it wouldn't be Spielberg without the usual allotment of dopey adolescents to save the day.

To me the jarring thing about it is the 2-week time frame. How many people did BJ kill in the first few days - Natalie Zea, her assistant, her mother, the preacher etc. - yet everyone seems to have forgotten all about that. Julia got over her husband's murder in about 36 hours. Ditto for Joe with Angie, except for a throwaway line about her once in awhile. The "food shortage" had them going all "Donner Party" after only a few days - reminded me of the Southpark episode where they were trapped by a snowstorm for an entire afternoon - but that was forgotten in a day or two. The army waited what, a week before nuking the dome? And a week after that there's no visible sign of damage outside.

The time frame is fine for a book that you read in a few days, but when you spread it over 2 TV seasons it just comes across as a ridiculous farce with no one behaving as any real person would.

IanHaze

[5]Sep 2, 2014
    • level: 6

Thanks for that recap man! We'll just wait for Norrie to go the way of the do... Phil.

KellyHiggins2 wrote:
    Maybe you should give the book a shot. Its not King's greatest but I liked it enough to read it twice.

I've read a few of King's books, but he can never decently end a book. It's like he just loses interest, makes up a quick BS ending and moves on.

Edited on 09/02/2014 1:20pm

plaknas

[6]Sep 3, 2014
    • level: 5

I doubt they'll kill Norrie. They've already killed Angie and introduced Melanie who is likely to be a part of Season 3(if that is happening). Importantly Norrie and Joe are a couple. Although either of them do not feature among the shows popular characters it is unlikely that the writers will seperate the "young" couple. I guess if at all the writers decide to kill another character in Season 2, I guess it would be Junior although I would trade any other character other than Big Jim, Barbie and Julia for him to be alive.