Under the Dome Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Well, it can't be that bad... (spoilers)

Routine_Change

[1]Jun 24, 2013
    • level: 2

The cop with the pacemaker was shot inside the dome, meaning his killer must be inside it as well. If the dome really is dangerous, well I doubt they'd keep one of their own on the inside to perish with it. So it's a setup. For who knows what, but maybe not something that will affect everybody.

To me, this show reminds me of Persons Unknown. That was an experiment about free will and behavior modification. It is easy to see how dropping a dome can also function as a psychological experiment as well.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

antdude

[2]Jun 25, 2013
    • level: 27
    Routine_Change wrote:

The cop with the pacemaker was shot inside the dome, meaning his killer must be inside it as well. If the dome really is dangerous, well I doubt they'd keep one of their own on the inside to perish with it. So it's a setup. For who knows what, but maybe not something that will affect everybody.

To me, this show reminds me of Persons Unknown. That was an experiment about free will and behavior modification. It is easy to see how dropping a dome can also function as a psychological experiment as well.

So so... It started out good, then got slow. Eww for the sliced cow especially in high definition (HD). No wonder it was shown at 10:00 PM hour (sleepy anty). Also, won't life get cooked under the sun? :O~ Your overlord will probably watch more episodes or the rest (12/twelve more episodes left). Lots of movie trailers and previews which was a good idea by the national eye channel! Hopefully, no ant colonies got cut in half!

Person Unknowns was cool. Too bad it didn't renewed.

Tigerbite

[3]Jun 25, 2013
    • level: 1
    Was he shot? I thought his pace maker exploded...o.o

fujin_mage

[4]Jun 25, 2013
    • level: 7
    yea he was NOT shot, he touched the dome and his pacemaker exploded in his chest...
    and the pilot was surprisingly good.

JasperVerbon

[5]Jun 25, 2013
    • level: 5
    I agree, it did seem like his pacemaker was the thing that exploded. It did get slower, but I'm glad it did, it would have been a shame of the pilot outlined everything that was going to happen. When that nurse told the ex-military guy about the goldfish story, I immediately thought 'oh, so this some sort of social experiment'?

palle007

[6]Jun 26, 2013

Or he was shot from the outside with a raygun. The sun also shines through the shield

Routine_Change

[7]Jun 26, 2013
    • level: 2

Well I watched the scene again... it could have been his pacemaker. However the explosion out looks quite like a gunshot in as well. I just found it odd that right as he was going to talk it happened to explode lol.

skbrettbug

[8]Jun 27, 2013
    • level: 19

antdude wrote:
    Routine_Change wrote:

So so... It started out good, then got slow. Eww for the sliced cow especially in high definition (HD). No wonder it was shown at 10:00 PM hour (sleepy anty). Also, won't life get cooked under the sun? :O~ Your overlord will probably watch more episodes or the rest (12/twelve more episodes left). Lots of movie trailers and previews which was a good idea by the national eye channel! Hopefully, no ant colonies got cut in half! Person Unknowns was cool. Too bad it didn't renewed.

Yeah, it was a bit gruesome. I'll never look at a cow the same way again (just kidding!).

Anyway, it was pretty good for a new show. I'm starting to have hope in our new TV programming again.

mylok

[9]Jun 28, 2013
    • level: 11
    Well in the book it was his pacemaker who killed him. So I think they didn't change that.

I liked the pilot as well.

palle007

[10]Jun 28, 2013
    mylok wrote:
    Well in the book it was his pacemaker who killed him. So I think they didn't change that.

Are they following the book or are they just getting the basic idea from it? I don't think they have killed the lawnmower man.

marknmo

[11]Jul 1, 2013
    • level: 12
    palle007 wrote:
    mylok wrote:

Are they following the book or are they just getting the basic idea from it? I don't think they have killed the lawnmower man.

He wasn't shot, it was definitely the pace maker. They made several references to the pace maker in the episode, and in the book, it happened exactly like it did in the show - he touches the wall, and his pace maker explodes. The only difference was the slight delay I think in the episode from the time he touched the wall to the time his pace maker exploded. While I do wish they would have kept this actor around longer, I think it's safe to say the character is dead since his pace maker/heart blew out.

wildhoney66

[12]Jul 1, 2013
    • level: 13

they said at the start that it was his pacemaker.

palle007

[13]Jul 1, 2013

I think I lost interest after episode 2. Oh well.

antdude

[14]Jul 2, 2013
    palle007 wrote:

I think I lost interest after episode 2. Oh well.

Episode 2 was slightly better than its pilot. I think I will keep watching.

palle007

[15]Jul 2, 2013

antdude wrote:
    Episode 2 was slightly better than its pilot. I think I will keep watching.

I was hoping to see some exploration of the strangeness of it all. Maybe some aliens :-)

This seems more like a small town drama to me :-)

Henkwich

[16]Jul 2, 2013
    • level: 4

Routine_Change wrote:

Well I watched the scene again... it could have been his pacemaker. However the explosion out looks quite like a gunshot in as well. I just found it odd that right as he was going to talk it happened to explode lol.

Yeah it was rather convenient wasn't it. It was the pacemaker though, that policewoman said so.

I was wondering though, the dome by the looks of it doesn't let sound through, as sound travels through air that makes me think that it could be air-tight. Could lack of oxygen become a problem at some point? I'm guessing probably not since there's so much trees and grass and whatnot to absorb and convert all the carbon-dioxide to oxygen but still, got me thinking.

On a final note though, anyone else want to kill Junior with his own shoes? (Quoting the Ducky of Awesome Payphone parody sort of here)

That's no way to treat a lady/girl godammnit! *Shakes fist* F-ing psycho..

RizNYC

[17]Jul 3, 2013

The show just isn't that good. It's not terrible or offensive but its just not that exciting or interesting. Not to mention everything feels incredibly telegraphed. Barbie and red are obviously going to hook up right before she finds he killed her husband. Psycho boy is going to figure out enough clues to implicate Barbie sooner but he'll die before he can spill the beans. Reverend Buffoon is going to admit the whole conspiracy and the teen kid and his slacker sidekick will make an amazing discovery about the dome and no one will listen.

skbrettbug

[18]Jul 4, 2013
    • level: 19

The title was probably the worst part of the episode, but overall I really liked it.

Poor Angie! I really hope that she can get out of that bunker and show Junior what's wrong with him.

wildhoney66

[19]Jul 6, 2013
    • level: 13

actually i dunno if it's going to be like you said about another town show or however ya put it? Jericho is a show that i love but season one when that aired took some time for me to get into. and that really is only cause things started to happen slowly. and my guess is that this show will be the same. it will just take awhile before we see things seriously happen.

i mean hell another favorite show of mine is "LOST" and that took ages in season one for anything to happen. it for me started out pretty damn dull of a show. and it wasn't until a certain point in season one. i forget how long into it, it was. that it got me hooked into the show. so my point is some shows are like that. not all shows get you hooked in the first few episodes cause it takes them awhile to find their legs. and i plan on watching this. Haven was another show that took me awhile to get into as well.

to name another. so i'm sticking with it. by the way i was on the wikpedia page and apparently SK posted a statement on June 27th on the changes the show has from the show to the book. it's better if you folks look it up rather than me try and say what it is here. really only cause i don't want to say anything wrong pretty much.

antdude

[20]Jul 9, 2013
    Episode 3 was OK. Still not a horrible series like Siberia on NBC!