Under the Dome

Imperfect Circles

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Aug 05, 2013 on CBS

7.7
  • Things are looking up... for us,at least, if not for the townsfolk.

You know, it's very possible that Stockholm Syndrome has set in here, but I swear to you, I actually liked this episode. Liked it! Not in spite of myself, or despite its faults well, okay, a little bit and not just in comparison to all the others or when measured against what have become low, low expectations. I just genuinely enjoyed myself this time out, and am filled with a new hope for the future of the series as a whole.

Trust me, no one is more shocked than I.

Oh, the episode had its issues, of course. Many, many issues. Nevertheless, I really dug "Imperfect There was action. Intrigue. Love and hate and loss and heartache, both present and promised in the future. Maybe it was seeing Big Jim brought low. Maybe it's that I'm no longer fretting about how Angie is managing to go to the bathroom while chained to a bed in a bomb shelter. Maybe it was all the blooming romances, the fearless killing off of Norrie's more famous mom, or just that there was lots of Ben. It might even have been the sight of the alien space egg, controlling them all for its own enigmatic reasons. But whatever it is either singly or in combination suddenly I am actually looking forward to next week's episode, and that hasn't happened since the end of the pilot.

Come on, UNDER THE DOME. You've raised my expectations ever so slightly higher. Now let's see if you can meet them

~ FULL REVIEW AT GEEK SPEAK MAGAZINE ~