Under the Dome

Thursday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Jun 24, 2013 In Season

Gislef

Under the Dome Fan Reviews page 4 of 6

7.1
  • Too different from book.

I wish the show was more like the book.
  • 2nd season, new town, new characters?

Good show so far. A 13 episode series with a finale that ties up loose ends (no cliff hanger, please!) seems ideal to me!

Since a 2nd season has been announced, I think a lot of people have assumed that the 2nd season will be about the same town under the dome. It's too early to say but maybe it'll be a spin-off ... about a new town with new set of plot dynamics, and a new cast of tragic and scheming characters. If not, I must insist that the producers -- and especially the writers -- NOT turn it into another Lost where the plot gets so bloated that it collapses 'under' its own weight. Don't the fans deserve better than that?
  • unwatchable

Anyone else notice the ratings for this show on here are either 4 and lower or 8 and higher?? Thinking people from the network are trying to boost it's rating on here. The show is terrible. The premise is great, which makes its execution even more painful. Dialogue = terrible. It's only there to advance the plot, there is NO character development. It's boring, and the subplots are terrible. Disappointing.
  • To quote the website, "FTW or WTF"..

A mini-series such as this should only have 1 season. Renewing it for a second season is just greedy. "Oh, it's doing well?! Well heck, let's drag it out to fill our Stephen King, you should be ashamed! You were once a great author, now you are a shell of your former glory and milk what little success as long as you can.. I will not be watching Season 2, and as I have read the book, I think I'll pass on the remainder of Season 1 as well... >:(
  • Good start, but American companies always think about money, not quality!

Well, the start of this tv show was promising! I have read the book and, by comparison, the tv show was doing really great (if you forget the fact that Junior's behaviour in the book is explained by the fact that he has a brain tumor and that he kills Angie in the very first chapters!).

However, I think that the American production companies should learn from the BBC when producing a novel-based tv show, that is to say, keep the book always with you (Stephen, you are helping them! Come on!) and make it brief and concise! Two seasons? Are you kidding me? And some people wonder why viewers lose their interest as tv shows go on!
  • Well, it is Summer

It's good for a summer show... but let's be honest, the bar wasn't that high.
  • a good start followed by a major failure...

i can't believe they renewed the show for a second season

the first episode was promising

but starting with the second one, i found it so boring...

was the producer inspired by the Simpsons ????

the guy playing Junior is such a bad actor...

wow, a lesbian multiracial couple with a teen daughter, what a modern clich

a guy called "Barbie" seriously ?
  • I like it, but is it good enough?

First off I want to say I'm enjoying the show, to an extent. If I had anything else to watch I would be watching that instead. The biggest thing about the dome that is turning me off it a lot, is the whole keeping Angie locked up for so long. That part among everything else really brought the show down. She was missing for days, even if she was a "flake" as it was suggested, are we really suppose to believe that after the first day of her missing, her brother wasn't going nuts worrying about her and running around town asking if people had seen her. Are we really suppose to believe that he waited days before doing that? Especially with everything going on. Also maybe it's the actor or maybe it's the character itself, but I really don't like junior and not in a "oh I hate this villain but he is a good villain" way. I mean I think he shouldn't be in the show, at all. Like I said I don't know if it's the actual character or the actor himself, but I really feel the show would be way better if it didn't have him in it. There are a few other problems but those are the 2 biggies for me. Overall it's enjoying but it's not something that has me hooked in wanting more, the show could get cancelled right now and it wouldn't bother me at all.
  • hmmz boring?

2.5
    I'm getting kinda aggravated by this show. It started out to be a good concept but now it's just wrong.

The story is going no where, the characters aren't in any way interesting and after 6 episodes there is nothing clear. It's cheesy. And Although I'm from the Netherlands, I hate cheesy stuff.

The only reason why I'm still watching this is because of Rachelle LeFevre. I know her from "A gifted man" which was okay. I can't figure out why Dean Norris was GREAT in Breaking bad, but now he is just totally (big) shit!
  • Replay to: emeraldcity // SPOILER ALERT

If you were intelligent enough to watch... I don't know, some other episode you'd start to see

###################SPOILER ALERT#######################################

that for instance, water (or a little portion of it) can pass through the dome, like a strainer. They hosed the dome from the outside and some water came in. I'm guessing so does air. So... just keep watching the show or just dont comment on sh*t you know nothing about
  • Hooked...

My husband and I have watched every episode, we're anxiously waiting to see what comes next.
  • I'd have a more considered review, but my Y chromosome prevents it, apparently.

1.5
    Having watched the first two episodes, I just can't watch any more. As interested in the premise as I was, I'm frankly shocked by what seems to me to be the most blatantly sexist television program in recent memory. Essentially, the female characters are exclusively the heroes and the male characters are almost exclusively villains, or at least deeply, dangerously flawed; foolish; violent; philandering; and selfish. Were the characters' genders reversed the program would have drawn instant, vocal criticism. When will the current crop of writers learn that crafting strong female characters doesn't require them to be contrasted with weak male ones? This sets the cause of genuine gender neutrality back decades.

It's a shame, because the premise is so promising. I suppose I could read the book, but King's work tends to go to the precise opposite extreme. Maybe I could read a chapter then balance it out with an episode. Or possibly not.
  • Going to be a hit

at the first ten minutes I thought .. okay this is going to be boring.. but after watching the first episode.. I am hooked.. I think this show is going to be great... better then the rest of the crap they put on television
  • video is strange

Strange
  • Ha Ha Ha

4.5
    I only watched the first episode but it seemed a bit stupid to crete a show that only has about 72 hours worth of oxygen in it-beyond which there be suffocation. I suppose a good writer would play with the obvious limitations of the initial synopsis but I think there is only so much you can expect an audience to accept even if it is a work of pure fiction. Didn't that used to be a deodorant jingle years ago? Three shows later they're all a bunch of zombie cannibals who stink to high ha ha.
  • Really horrible!

I'm just watching the show because they already started and want to see what goes on, but it's too bad, no point nothing happens, or the simplest logic.
  • Major flaws with The Dome...

4.5
    I hate this I can't stop watching it. It's amazing that both Stephen King and Steven Spielberg can stand for these inconsistancies. Here's a cuple of thoughts: From the opening overhead shot of the town, you can see that it must be a town of at least 4000 people - this means to me that there must be a few real estate offices, title companies, dentist offices, attorney offices, doctors offices and several churches, a high school, etc. etc. Where are all the professional, educated manager type townspeople?? How come every news media outlet in the country were not holding around the clock vigils outside the dome covering this story? Why wouldn't the county, state and federal government not communicate via visual signs to talk to the people inside the dome? Why wouldn't the military inform the townspeople of their intentions of trying to explode the dome? Why doesn't ANY of the townspeople speak with a New England accent? Why didn't crooked Big Jim simply put a bullet in the head of the farmer for his water (after all, he's killed before)? Why hasn't the brainiac Asian womanwho works for the radio station and our beautiful media reporter not easily conclude that Chester's Mill is some kind of "ant farm" experiment for the dome intelligence?

These questions go on and on for me. I could walk into the script room today and help the writers make some of these things more plausible.
  • Stupidist show on tv right now

I put this show on the PVR, watched 5 minutes, and am now removing it. I like GOOD sci-fi. The horrible acting made me snicker - especially some old guy and the female law enforcement officer. I don't need to see any more than the 5 minutes. This is HORRIBLE and stupid.
  • Season 2...

3.5
    This show is really bad. People still watching like me, to see if gets any better. But keeps getting worse!
  • yet another dome

The Simpson's movie was, at least, funny. This just gets worse and worse. Who the hell renewed this turkey? What's the storyline next season? "Well, here we are under the dome Will there at least be a new dome, maybe one that allows air to get in? This story is lame.
  • not going anywhere

So I just started watching tonights episode. There's that dog gone wind again. A couple of people complaining about running out of propane when we know it's been stockpiled. When are they going to run out of gas? shouldn't the sheriff be on a bicycle.
  • ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Trite, Banal. Cliched, Mind numbing. Nothing that hasn't been done before.
  • Awesome!!

I love Stephen King and Steven Spielberg and as an added bonus one of my countrymen directed the pilot episode! I'm speechless!
  • very shallow

3.5
    Stretched to the max, not much happening, characters you dont (want) to relate to in any way, plastic stories. The "doll" woman has her perm always in perfect shape. The police woman always has a "concerned" face. Everyone plays a flat cliche part. Though the village is under the dome completely cut off from the world, the wind still blows, the river waters still flow. Im not joking. Each episode tries to have a little story in it, like an epidemic which is solved in a matter of hours. Lack of continuity between the scenes (they leave one place and it's dark, they get 1 mile further down the road and it's daylight. This crap has to stop, Im not watching it anymore.
  • How is anyone surprised the show sucks?

This was a HORRIBLE book. When I saw the preview for the show... I was like "why in the world". I read a million boring pages hoping that the ending would at least be great and it wasn't. I can't wait to read the reviews of the ending of the show. lmbo.
  • So far a quality adaptation of a difficult book (written after Ep4)

If you've not read the book this show is great. The sudden appearance of the mysterious dome sets in motion an almost unstoppable series of events, resulting in the small town of Chester's Mill imploding as the inhabitants face up to the reality of their situation and being stuck with their own, and each others, personal and very real nightmares and problems.

Without straying into classic horror territory at all this essentially sci-fi novel finds it's horror in ourselves and each other, we're quite enough.

The adaptation changes a lot to fit the limits of the format, fans of the book beware. Characters are lost completely and without the internal monologues and thoughts of each viewpoint some characters seem violently different, but of course that's because you've read the book and know what will happen to these poor people. Story arcs are shuffled so each separate one resolves within one episode, though others progress in longer arcs this means dramatic differences in when some things happen and the order we learn about some things. However so far this has been handled with grace and with over a year's gap since reading the book it's easy to forgive it all, but those hoping for something verbatim will be disappointed. The good thing is this means the TV viewers will still feel the pedal slam into the metal if/when they pick up the book, and will still get to reach the end gasping for air - and we don't end up with a virtually unwatchable TV show that would be incomprehensible if you started anywhere but the beginning. Put down the novel and enjoy the slow slow fall of the penny, it's a long way down.

8.5 out of fear that it might not keep this level up, and -.5 for stating facts they hadn't learnt yet about the Dome in the title voiceover in Episode 2 onwards. Numbskulls.
  • Under the Duuuuuhmb

2.5
    A giant, steaming, stuffed turkey of a show.
  • Under the dome accomplished

When I first saw the first episode of under the dome I was amazed of the story and ever since the first episode I haven't missed an episode yet its a great summer TV series mystery
  • What happend after the pilot!?

The pilot was good! like 8/10 good. Story was good, acting was good, witty and funny. But from the 2nd episode my brain just started to hurt watching it, its so so dumb the acting is bad, the storyline is worse. Everyone seems to act like a 10 year old. I tried watching the 3rd episode hoping it would get better but it got even worse! Its like all the actors got a lobotomy after the pilot or something. I had to turn it off half way trough before the dumbness would make me slip of the couch with foam on my mouth slipping into a dumbness induced coma.
  • Yawn Yawn!!!

Omg this show is horrible. Very boring! the dome a boring, the story lines are boring, everything about it is boring. Steven Spielberg is overrated.
1 2 3 4 5 6