Under the Dome

Monday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Jun 24, 2013 Returning June 30th, 2014

Gislef

Under the Dome Fan Reviews (108)

7.3
  • Good idea, badly made, just like Jerrico

Those people are so annoying, they deserve to die, faster please !
  • Way to slow

The story line moves to slow for me. I would watch to find more about the dome but there little to no change so im done. I lost interest around the 10th show.
  • What a complete load of tosh

Under the dome should now be call called Dead and Burried which is where it belongs. Especially the last few episodes. It's difficult to believe how bad Brian Vaughan & spellberg could get it so wrong.

The problem here, though, is that none of the characters is compelling or sympathetic. We just wanna find out what's up with that dome, but instead, we're forced to watch these poorly conceptualized folks interact with each other with eye-rolling dialogue like, "So they say you're passin' through town. What are you runnin' from?" Every now and then, someone mentions they're worried the dome may collapse onto Chester's Mill. Frankly, my fingers are crossed that's exactly what will happen. No town this boring should be allowed to stay on the map.
  • Are You Kidding?

My partner has a saying for the DVD's we see. "That was a waste of 2 hours of my life". Watching this, it would seem to me that it was a whole lot more hours wasted in my life. I guess I kept watching because I figured hey, these guys are great writers and film makers! What the heck HAPPENED, guys? Wish there was a minus for my rating.
  • Dissapointed

For anybody who is enjoying the series do not read the book! It will ruin the series for you.... I think that Under the Dome is one of the best books that King has ever written and I have read every one he ever wrote including under Bachman. There has never been a book that I have finished and immediately re-opened and started over. The story is great, the characters perfect. The series took all that away. There are so many things that are different in the series, things that were very important to the story in the book that it makes the series not make sense and not anywhere near as good. It really is a huge dissapointment and I am sad that Stephen King allowed producers to chop up such a great story!!!
  • What a rip

the only reason i watched this in the first place is that it was just supposed to be a 13 episode mini serise and then end, im done i will just ask my fiancee what happens and be done with it.
  • Terrible acting

Terrible acting all around. WTF. Deputy Linda Esquivel especially needs to be eliminated from the show.

Boring episodes stretched out for no reason.

Chester's Mill people needs to calm down. Instead of getting Google Fiber, they got something even better. They got the best missile defense system in the world!!!
  • not a BIRD so don't give me bread crumbs

Talk about taking 60 seconds and turning it into an hour's show. Under the dome is like the old soaps where you could catch 1 show a month and know what's going up. Very upset with the so called finale and calling it "Curtains",,,,,,, maybe calling it "Quits" would have been a more fitting name.
  • Typical unbelievable story from one of the worst authors of our time

This show is pathetic on every level. King has an uncanny way of making human behavior completely unbelievable. Even if you want to watch you can't because every action and reaction are such nonsense.
  • Butchered

If you didn't read the book, the TV show at best is mildly entertaining. Just don't look for anything too deep. If you read the book, the show is a train wreck waiting to happen. You can't help but watch to see how badly they butchered the story how how they'll wrap it up.
  • What the frack?

the only thing that has any resemblence to the book is the title every time Stephan King sells the rights to a book they change so much of the story you can't recognise it..... book was so much better and more layered, much more of a study in what happens to power under stress in the wrong more ineresting thanthis poser of a story.. after the cow it went down hill for back me anyone read the sucks in comparison!!!!!
  • big dissapointment

under the dome doesn't make any sense at all. totally ridiculous. i would have thought steven spielberg and steven king could have come up with something a lot better.
  • unwatchable

Anyone else notice the ratings for this show on here are either 4 and lower or 8 and higher?? Thinking people from the network are trying to boost it's rating on here. The show is terrible. The premise is great, which makes its execution even more painful. Dialogue = terrible. It's only there to advance the plot, there is NO character development. It's boring, and the subplots are terrible. Disappointing.
  • To quote the website, "FTW or WTF"..

A mini-series such as this should only have 1 season. Renewing it for a second season is just greedy. "Oh, it's doing well?! Well heck, let's drag it out to fill our Stephen King, you should be ashamed! You were once a great author, now you are a shell of your former glory and milk what little success as long as you can.. I will not be watching Season 2, and as I have read the book, I think I'll pass on the remainder of Season 1 as well... >:(
  • Stupidist show on tv right now

I put this show on the PVR, watched 5 minutes, and am now removing it. I like GOOD sci-fi. The horrible acting made me snicker - especially some old guy and the female law enforcement officer. I don't need to see any more than the 5 minutes. This is HORRIBLE and stupid.
  • not going anywhere

So I just started watching tonights episode. There's that dog gone wind again. A couple of people complaining about running out of propane when we know it's been stockpiled. When are they going to run out of gas? shouldn't the sheriff be on a bicycle.
  • ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Trite, Banal. Cliched, Mind numbing. Nothing that hasn't been done before.
  • How is anyone surprised the show sucks?

This was a HORRIBLE book. When I saw the preview for the show... I was like "why in the world". I read a million boring pages hoping that the ending would at least be great and it wasn't. I can't wait to read the reviews of the ending of the show. lmbo.
  • Producers killed King.... Again!

Why does every tv/movie production of Stephen King get so dumbed down and flavourless? I've read and loved King for years, but when the stories make it to "celluloid" all the nasty stuff like Junior being a rapist/murderer is all gone. It genuinly pisses me off that all the good stuff from the books get edited out. Is it done to provide a low enough PEGI rating for common tv or r the average american really too stupid to get the finer points? Sorry for the bile, but it's all this show inspires in me.
  • The Simpsons

This is basically a dramatized version of The Simpsons Movie, almost exactly. Yes I know it was a Steven King book, but the book came out in 2009 and The Simpsons Movie came out in 2007. If u haven't seenThe Simpsons Movie watch it the similarities are almost laughable.
  • What a bust!!

Under the dome, I became disappointed with the show because the plot became soap not sci-fic. If we are actually under a dome. There will be no wind inside the dome. The water and food will be not enough for everyone inside. Also there will be no electricity inside the dome unless someone have diesel electric generator to run. Oxygen will run out in few days. Animals would die immediately. Human being will be survived and struggled with what small resources what they have until someone find a way to open or break the dome. So it is not sci-fiction because it has no scientific story to support the show. Cancel the series as soon as you can!!
  • Under the Bong is a better title

I know this series is made by 2 of the best Directors/Writers in the industry, but i'm really wondering if Steven Spielberg and Stephen King were using some kind of drugs when they were dreaming up this series.

Most of the characters are just caricatures of real people and the rest seems to be to dumb to really exist.

I mean the premise of a town under a impenetrable dome is intriguing, but alas the translation to the current series is a flop.

Unless the story get's more interesting and the characters develop to something better in the next 2 episodes, i think this series will disappear in a sinkhole pretty soon and won't get to the end of the planned 12th episode.

As the lowest rating i can enter is a 1, i'm giving that, but Under the dome doesn't deserve even that.

• YOU NEED A NEW DIRECTOR

Start digging a hole Producers. Unless you hire a new director you are in for a heap of failure and have one foot in the grave. So far the premise is stellar but the script is dreadful! TO START WITH: You have characters repeating what they do for a living when the characters they are reminding already knows and the AUDIENCE definitely know already. Enough already. Stop treating your audience like they are 3 years old constantly reminding them of the obvious or whats already been said. Thats just the BEGINNING. Acting is painfully wooden and amateurish. New Lady Sherrif, whatever her name me, she is a good actress but you make her check her gun twice in 1 minute of screen time. Shes a trained cop supposedly, she already KNOWS she has bullets, she wont check the clip a second time.

Bottom line here... want a new director call me. You need help at script and directorial levels! email me asylumzfilms (at) yahoo (dot) com
  • What was that?

This show reminds me a lot of a poker game, just without the cards and chips and players making no meaningful conversation. Under the Dome, it't the big empty.

• I am done!

It really makes me mad that I can't watch a missed episode without subscribing and PAYING for another venue to watch. I was not really excited about the first episode and missed the second one. I was going to watch the second one today only to find that I have to pay for a show I am not crazy about? SO guess what CBS I simply will not watch the show at all now. You ought to be ashamed of yourself for not allowing your viewers to see a new show at their convenience. Shame on you!

• i am not sure if i like it

wait and see
  • Don't read the book first!

Saw the first episode and it is NOWHERE near how the book goes. It was such a disappointment!
  • I'd have a more considered review, but my Y chromosome prevents it, apparently.

1.5
    Having watched the first two episodes, I just can't watch any more. As interested in the premise as I was, I'm frankly shocked by what seems to me to be the most blatantly sexist television program in recent memory. Essentially, the female characters are exclusively the heroes and the male characters are almost exclusively villains, or at least deeply, dangerously flawed; foolish; violent; philandering; and selfish. Were the characters' genders reversed the program would have drawn instant, vocal criticism. When will the current crop of writers learn that crafting strong female characters doesn't require them to be contrasted with weak male ones? This sets the cause of genuine gender neutrality back decades.

It's a shame, because the premise is so promising. I suppose I could read the book, but King's work tends to go to the precise opposite extreme. Maybe I could read a chapter then balance it out with an episode. Or possibly not.
  • what a joke

never thought i live to see the day stephen king ,screwed up a book was tv show sucked ass big time. nothing like the book at should have been left alone and done like the was a sure he could care less about what i have to say,but it was the worst thing he's done in my opinion.
  • Under The Chrome Dome

I hope this series ends in 2 weeks and is gone forever. I don't want it to drag out season after season. I'm tired of it.
< 1 2 3 4