Under the Dome

CBS (ended 2015)

Under the Dome Fan Reviews (177)

• best show ever

the show is full of surprises, people didn't get the premiere because they are too lazy to use their imagination. i loved the twists in the episode and i i think that season 3 is much better than the first 2 seasons wait to see what will happen in the next episodes.
  • Always a unhappy camper

Although there may be questionable things, the more people complain, the more series get canceled. This is a pretty good show and I would hate to see it go downhill because someone can't use their imagination a little.

I find it to be a good show to watch during my down time. Give the show some time to catch up and get better.

There are quite a few shows who have one or two seasons and the rest are perfect.
  • Good show

The two episodes were good, I can't wait for more!
  • Love it

I am totally agree with Whitney Johnson. This isn't about being normal or clever things. Use your imagination...

I actually think the show it's even better now than the first season. I've been waiting for season 3 for almost a year and I'm glad that is on again.

But, I have to admit that I just saw two episodes of season 3 and it's kind of wait for next week and see what's really going on in Chester's Mills.
  • I love the show looking forward to more

Y People thinking the writers should make all characters out of the dome it only 13 episode in season 1 and in that season, the story it 2 weeks come on I like see wat the dome can do' one minute it hot it cold n weird, freaky I like it... If season 3 they not out of the dome than u all may complain But it really great show I tell so much of my friends about it n now they all hooked on it n I'm looking forward to seeing season
  • what a joke

never thought i live to see the day stephen king ,screwed up a book was tv show sucked ass big time. nothing like the book at should have been left alone and done like the was a sure he could care less about what i have to say,but it was the worst thing he's done in my opinion.
  • Why this is not an original idea and maybe even plagiarism...

I really only watched this because the premise sounded so familiar. Here is why! There is an English Author called James Follett and he wrote a Trilogy of books Temple of the Winds, Wicca and The Silent Vulcan. He wrote it back in 2000 - 2003 at least 6 years before Under the Dome by Stephen King. His trilogy is about a community Pentworth in West Sussex where a community cut off from the world by a mystery forcefield. It is even the same down to houses being cut in half, etc. It is an excellent read and I am wondering who should really credited on this series. I certainly personally don't believe it should be Stephen King. It might not be even James Follett if there is an earlier version of this story. I simply find it very odd and worrying! The similarities are too close...

• Idea for show

If some guy got dropped off on top of the dome in the nude by A helicopter. wouldn't that be A funny sight for the towns people looking up. You know the bottom of his feet and other parts looking down at them. If he walked a little to far and slid down the side of the dome to his doom, the towns people would be in real danger. Danger of laughing to death.

Not often am I impressed with a series pilot, but at the end of this pilot, I said Yes, far from perfection with some dry areas but over all very much worth watching. Looking forward to tonight's episode.
  • great concept

the show is captivating, keeps you wanting more. it shows it will turn scary as episodes go, so were in for a real scare, cant wait for the desperation to kick off
  • lost in the dome, that should be the name.

when will this show go anywhere? everybody running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. it's like the show Lost, but it's Lost in a freakin giant snow-globe (dust storm). enough already, let's move on. c'mon writers, include the viewer into what the hell's going on, already. all we need are the "others". and fake beards--blah blah blah. been there done that. or the giant lost snow globe can go back in time and get a nuke to blow the snow, or freakin dust around. i've come to the understanding, that i've already wasted enough of time invested in this freakin show that is not giving any answers so far, or maybe i'm just lost.
  • Story nicked from

Why is no one cross that Stephen King has simply lifted the story right from an Outer Limits episode called A Feasibility Study. The remake in 1990's is even closer. I like Stephen King, but hate plagiarism.. especially when no one seems to have mentioned it.

Anyway TV show is terrible
  • Finally some progress

I would have shot Big Jim and his son back in season 1, both annoying and evil.

For many episode this show has been doing what I like to call "churning". Nothing happens, no progress just useless filler and spin. (24 is the churn king, IMHO. They were able to make an entire season fit into 12 episodes) This show has the same problem, fluff and little content to move the story.

Lets go here. Now go there. Yak a bit. Throw someone in jail. Let them out and go over there now. Rinse and repeat for episode after episode. CHURN, CHURN, CHURN, CHURN.

Finally, the story is developing, just in time to end the season. BOO.

Stupidest thing Under The Dome - A plane crash inside. The damned dome is hardly large enough for a small plane to take off. What the heck was the pilot thinking?

Best thing Under The Dome - Bovine bisection. Fire up the barbie for some ribs. WOOOT

Saddest thing Under The Dome - Brit left the show. I only started to watch because of her.

• Same as "no ordinary family" :D

Big Jim Rennie is like Chuck Norris
  • Looks promising

If you're a fan of Stephen King, Spielburg, sci-fi, compelling mysteries and "that cop from Breaking Bad", then you will probably like the show. I have not read the book yet so that factors in but so far, it looks really good. On a separate note, @ManojMajhi, They are very similar. Maybe Stephen King simply is a big fan or influenced by James Follett.
  • Great

We love this show... Can not wait each week for it to come on
  • Barbie N Julia

I have read in another forum that Julia is pregnant with the Monarch? Is that possible. She is not the monarch but she will give birth to it, and that Barbie is the chosen Male donor. Yesss, that will be awesome.
  • Going to be a hit

at the first ten minutes I thought .. okay this is going to be boring.. but after watching the first episode.. I am hooked.. I think this show is going to be great... better then the rest of the crap they put on television
  • The Dome of OUR Lives

This is the beginning of something great. Personally I hope that this show will not end up like Terra Nova as we have yet to see its second season. There is enough of everything that everyone in the family can relate to and that will resonate with someone. Make no mistake it is epic and a stunner!
  • awesome!

under the dome is so riveting! it really keeps you on your toes. though it should be a movie so I don't have to wait on episodes:/
  • Ah C'mon

The greatest heap of shite I have ever seen, scatter gun approach to plotting, some appalling acting. Loads of twists and turns which make no sense to keep the mentally deficient hooked. Awful just awful
  • Disappointing

Books are always better. At least the acting isn't too horrible.
  • doesn't anybody own a backhoe in this town?

Sorry. I enjoyed the show and will continue to watch, but I try to picture to being in that situation. Drug smugglers dig miles of tunnels by hand under the border between Mexico and the and the people in this town can't dig a fifty foot one to get out? Good fun but S. King is not the genius he is always portrayed as being.
  • The story is now finally moving forward by "coming out of the dome"

In season 1 they were trying hard to make it like "Lost" and that never worked but Season 2 has been pretty good although the writers have still not abandoned their attempts of making it like Lost but at least now they are moving the story forward. Casting was never a problem for the show. They did get the best talents and newcomers of Season 2 are also just as good. The only problem of the show was it's story which like the show seemed to be trapped "under a dome" and was not moving forward. The writers are still not using the characters effectively. Junior, Melanie, Barbie's Father and Sam are interesting characters who are not being given more screen time and Rebecca and Phil are being unnecessary time
  • Replay to: emeraldcity // SPOILER ALERT

If you were intelligent enough to watch... I don't know, some other episode you'd start to see

###################SPOILER ALERT#######################################

that for instance, water (or a little portion of it) can pass through the dome, like a strainer. They hosed the dome from the outside and some water came in. I'm guessing so does air. So... just keep watching the show or just dont comment on sh*t you know nothing about
  • Not like the novel but promising

The pilot shared similarities with the book but was different. Starts off well enough, even though some of the acting felt a bit wooden to me. I liked the effects, especially the Dome itself.
  • Wow!!!!

I really don't understand why anyone would say this is a bad show, sure it's pure science fiction, none of this would ever really happen, and sure it's completely strayed from the original book by now, but apart from that, I'm on the edge of my seat every single episode.

I think people should let go of the book and just consider this a stand alone series, it's only based on the concept of the book.

And the finale, without giving it away, damn, it's gonna be a long wait till summer 2015....
  • Under the dome accomplished

When I first saw the first episode of under the dome I was amazed of the story and ever since the first episode I haven't missed an episode yet its a great summer TV series mystery
  • Epic Awful

If you thought Intelligence was a good high tech adventure show and Gang Related is a good police drama, then UTD is just the sci-fi/fantasy show for you. Not just that the fact that they, and unfortunately that includes the author himself, took kind of a good little Stephen King novel that was very un-mystical and filled it with mysteries and plot twists that have nothing to do with the original, and then took the two spookiest characters (the real monsters) and turned them into regular people. No, without comparing it to the book at all, this stands on its own two feet and absolutely sucks. Nothing to redeem it.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6