Under the Dome

Thursday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Jun 24, 2013 In Season

Gislef

Under the Dome Fan Reviews (158)

7.1
  • The psycho boy makes it hard to watch... (edited)

Episodes 3... Junior... I knew it wouldnt happen: Junior dying.

Until the red hottie saved his life, I had hope. But when she saved him, when he already was where he belonged - under ground - I switched off.

Guys tell me when hes dead, so I can continue to watch this series.

Episoden 1+2

I hardly can watch this series. Sometimes I have to force me not to skip the scenes with him.

But I like his dad the propane guy - he and his agenda seems much more interesting and will sure contribute to the series.

Is it only me that has a problem with such characters, hopingy the will die as soon as possible.

I like this show, haven't read the book, so am curious about what, why and who.

...
  • Why is every man bad and every woman good?

I started watching this show recently and I am on the seventh episode. What annoys me to no end about it is that every man is evil, corrupt and/or crazy. Every woman, on the other hand is good and intelligent. SPOILERS: Three male policemen and one female. Guess who is the only one standing by episode four. The sheriff was corrupt. The one male deputy was crazy. The preacher was corrupt, evil and crazy. The mayor is corrupt and evil. His son is evil. The male enforcer is an evil murderer. There is not one decent male in the show (in terms of being good) that I have seen with the exception of a single kid. All of the women, however, are good, hyper-competent engineers, doctors, etc..

The men are evil and women are good gender bias on the show is even incredibly skewed for Hollywood's already skewed standards. Thus far, it has made an otherwise entertaining show annoying to me.
  • The best worst show on TV

Laughable, amateurish, a little crazy, some bad taste, stupid and delightfully silly. There's things even worse on tv, with much less entertainment value. One hour of goofy sci-fi.
  • Poor cow!

Show seems like it will be good but I really could do without the dumb psycho guy. I'm wondering about the whole, can they dig out thing also. Maybe they will address that in the next one.
  • YOU NEED A NEW DIRECTOR

Start digging a hole Producers. Unless you hire a new director you are in for a heap of failure and have one foot in the grave. So far the premise is stellar but the script is dreadful! TO START WITH: You have characters repeating what they do for a living when the characters they are reminding already knows and the AUDIENCE definitely know already. Enough already. Stop treating your audience like they are 3 years old constantly reminding them of the obvious or whats already been said. Thats just the BEGINNING. Acting is painfully wooden and amateurish. New Lady Sherrif, whatever her name me, she is a good actress but you make her check her gun twice in 1 minute of screen time. Shes a trained cop supposedly, she already KNOWS she has bullets, she wont check the clip a second time.

Bottom line here... want a new director call me. You need help at script and directorial levels! email me asylumzfilms (at) yahoo (dot) com
  • I am done!

It really makes me mad that I can't watch a missed episode without subscribing and PAYING for another venue to watch. I was not really excited about the first episode and missed the second one. I was going to watch the second one today only to find that I have to pay for a show I am not crazy about? SO guess what CBS I simply will not watch the show at all now. You ought to be ashamed of yourself for not allowing your viewers to see a new show at their convenience. Shame on you!

• An engaging Sci-Fi drama, but not without some flaws

I am a Stephen King reader and I admire his delvings into the depths of humanity in each work. I've read Under the Dome myself, in fact, I had to make some haste readings to finish the book before the series even started. Initially, from what I have seen from the first season, it followed the book. However, with Steven Spielberg at the helms of executive producer, that means we also get some stuff that was not in the book. Plenty of Farfetched moments occur throughout, such as magnetism attacks, locust swarms, acid blood rain, shifting dome, and a cliff that takes people onto the outside of the dome. However, even with all this, I still feel compelled to keep watching. The acting is very good for all especially for Mike Vogel as Dale Barbera and Rachelle LaFevre as Julia. Even Big Jim deserves credit as a corrupt head of Chester's Mill.
  • Well, it is Summer

It's good for a summer show... but let's be honest, the bar wasn't that high.
  • A brilliant show gone so wrong

While Season 1 of Under the Dome was new, fresh and had mystery and amazing characters, I haven't been able to even finish the last 2 episodes of Season 2, I just deleted them off my DVR.

Wow, talk about a turn towards to terrible stories and absolute awful writing and acting! This show went from my new favorite last season to being completely unwatchable on so many levels in Season 2. I couldn't sit through Julia "talking" to the dome for one second longer, or listen to another character lecture about how the dome chose them for a purpose, are these people really that dumb? Is the dome now a deity with consciousness and decision making abilities? Don't they realize it's an artificial thing that is obviously created and being sustained by an outside force? Did CBS fire all the writers and let 5 year olds develop the plots? That would explain Juniors Mom and her terrible finger paintings!

Yeah, I'm done, not even finishing Season 2.
  • Season finale disappointment

All I have to say is whoever wrote the season finale doesn't need to write anymore episodes for under the dome
  • Really horrible!

I'm just watching the show because they already started and want to see what goes on, but it's too bad, no point nothing happens, or the simplest logic.
  • Rename This Show

It should be called "Under The Dumb" because that is what this show is DUMB! Horrible writing and acting aside it's just DUMB. The characters are typical King garbage. The abuser, the helpless waif, the kids with a weird power, the crazy preacher and the sheriff that is discovering themselves. Every story of his is the same formula and so is this show. I couldn't even make it through the typical "it's been 3 episodes we need to have a plague

More garbage for the mindless.
  • How is anyone surprised the show sucks?

This was a HORRIBLE book. When I saw the preview for the show... I was like "why in the world". I read a million boring pages hoping that the ending would at least be great and it wasn't. I can't wait to read the reviews of the ending of the show. lmbo.
  • very shallow

3.5
    Stretched to the max, not much happening, characters you dont (want) to relate to in any way, plastic stories. The "doll" woman has her perm always in perfect shape. The police woman always has a "concerned" face. Everyone plays a flat cliche part. Though the village is under the dome completely cut off from the world, the wind still blows, the river waters still flow. Im not joking. Each episode tries to have a little story in it, like an epidemic which is solved in a matter of hours. Lack of continuity between the scenes (they leave one place and it's dark, they get 1 mile further down the road and it's daylight. This crap has to stop, Im not watching it anymore.
  • Good start, but American companies always think about money, not quality!

Well, the start of this tv show was promising! I have read the book and, by comparison, the tv show was doing really great (if you forget the fact that Junior's behaviour in the book is explained by the fact that he has a brain tumor and that he kills Angie in the very first chapters!).

However, I think that the American production companies should learn from the BBC when producing a novel-based tv show, that is to say, keep the book always with you (Stephen, you are helping them! Come on!) and make it brief and concise! Two seasons? Are you kidding me? And some people wonder why viewers lose their interest as tv shows go on!
  • An insult to intelligence!!

Great premise, awful script, awful acting, awful everything unless you're in the 8 to 12 age group, then I'd highly recommend it to you :)

• What a complete load of tosh

Under the dome should now be call called Dead and Burried which is where it belongs. Especially the last few episodes. It's difficult to believe how bad Brian Vaughan & spellberg could get it so wrong.

The problem here, though, is that none of the characters is compelling or sympathetic. We just wanna find out what's up with that dome, but instead, we're forced to watch these poorly conceptualized folks interact with each other with eye-rolling dialogue like, "So they say you're passin' through town. What are you runnin' from?" Every now and then, someone mentions they're worried the dome may collapse onto Chester's Mill. Frankly, my fingers are crossed that's exactly what will happen. No town this boring should be allowed to stay on the map.
  • big dissapointment

under the dome doesn't make any sense at all. totally ridiculous. i would have thought steven spielberg and steven king could have come up with something a lot better.
  • Under the Bong is a better title

I know this series is made by 2 of the best Directors/Writers in the industry, but i'm really wondering if Steven Spielberg and Stephen King were using some kind of drugs when they were dreaming up this series.

Most of the characters are just caricatures of real people and the rest seems to be to dumb to really exist.

I mean the premise of a town under a impenetrable dome is intriguing, but alas the translation to the current series is a flop.

Unless the story get's more interesting and the characters develop to something better in the next 2 episodes, i think this series will disappear in a sinkhole pretty soon and won't get to the end of the planned 12th episode.

As the lowest rating i can enter is a 1, i'm giving that, but Under the dome doesn't deserve even that.

• Don't read the book first!

Saw the first episode and it is NOWHERE near how the book goes. It was such a disappointment!
  • Best drama ever

I have been watching Under the Dome since it began and it has been the best drama I have ever watched. Edge of the seat suspense with unexpected turns that make you have watch the next one. I love this show and I sure hope that they can keep it going for a while.
  • Heating up!!!!!

For the most part of season 2 I thought under the dome was starting to get boring,and had knower else to go, but i'll admit I was wrong, came just at the write moment introducing outside of the dome creating alot more questions but answering alot of the lingering questions which was starting to go on for to long!!! The last 4 or 5 episodes have been amazing really hope it takes off from here and we learn more about what the domes there for and how everyone ties in, not back to the boring old jim renny wild west show lmao!!! cant wait for next week!!!!!
  • yes Simpsons

yes yes yes finally Simpsons family know how to escape . no more Dome
  • Almost jumping the shark

I swear if Gilligan, whoops I mean Big Jim prevents them from leaving that island 1 more time, whoops I mean the dome - I going to scream
  • I don't get it...

-------------------------

[Edit 24Sep2014]

Well I made it through S2 but not sure about S3 if there is one. At least we got BJ back to doing what he does best - murdering everyone in sight. We're in what, week 5? now and he's got his body count back close to 2 per week with Lyle, Rebecca and Andrea - he seems to be going for the 2013 Serial Killer of the Year award. Kind of odd though that a smart girl like Rebecca would let BJ see the needle she used on his wife...

---------------------

... It's only been 2 weeks since the dome appeared. Let's think about Julia - in that time her husband was killed, she got over it and moved Barbie into her house, found out he killed her husband, got over that, was shot almost fatally by Natalie Zea, fully recovered, broke up with Barbie and now seems to have her eye on Sam. At this rate she could be a grandmother by the fourth week!

And what about the govt? They waited a whole 5 or 6 days before they nuked the dome? (sort of "accidentally" leveling Maine and several surrounding states) Yeah, that makes sense.

What's the point of this 2-week time frame plot device when the events and acting are totally inconsistent with that premise?

IIRC Lost also had a compressed timeline, but it was much more consistent with the storyline?

But I am still watching even though not much of a King fan - only ever read the thoroughly mediocre Dark Tower series. Oddly, though, I still like the mysterious characters populating Haven too...
  • Season 2...

3.5
    This show is really bad. People still watching like me, to see if gets any better. But keeps getting worse!
  • i'm going now

2.5
    I've watched every episode until half of season 2 and actually thought it was OK, but that last episode was the worst episode of every episodes of every show ever. I've had it with this piece of crap show, i won't be watching it any further
  • hmmz boring?

2.5
    I'm getting kinda aggravated by this show. It started out to be a good concept but now it's just wrong.

The story is going no where, the characters aren't in any way interesting and after 6 episodes there is nothing clear. It's cheesy. And Although I'm from the Netherlands, I hate cheesy stuff.

The only reason why I'm still watching this is because of Rachelle LeFevre. I know her from "A gifted man" which was okay. I can't figure out why Dean Norris was GREAT in Breaking bad, but now he is just totally (big) shit!
  • It's a shame...

What started as a promising sci-fi series turned into an abysmal propaganda soap like oh so many shows nowadays do. The way that the people act is completely unnatural and (as someone mentioned) the they just go on and on in circles. Shame really, but I'm giving two points for the pilot and the effort they saw to actually push this out.
  • Horrible series

Isn't close enough to the book to warrant watching. The book is great-- until what caused the dome to appear. And, no, a backhoe or other construction machinery won't help because the one goes WAY down. I know movies and series don't usually mimic books, but this one, frankly, stinks.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6