Under the Dome

Thursday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Jun 24, 2013 In Season

Gislef

Under the Dome Fan Reviews (171)

7.1
  • Make it so..

This show has been a classic example of an interesting premise, a decent enough story to hook you and then you spend several seasons asking why you are still watching this crap and knowing it is just so you can see what happens in the end..

Glad it is over and I hope it has an ending.
  • Under Inspired

After a thrilling first season it was all down hill. Failing to cash in on endless possibilities the show chose to try and literally cash in by dragging us along on a crazy ride which made no sense, got really confusing, back flipped, introduced characters to kill them off and fluctuated in production values, especially in relation to basic logistics.

This show actually could have brought ten successful seasons if the show runner had any clue in creating inter personal drama. An isolated group with some sort of mystical dome and limited resources - wow, they stories you could write - Under The Dome failed to create an identity and direction beyond season 1. the result was a tragically love-able wreck.

thought
  • No End Game!

This was just another example of a show that should have been just one short 8 episode season like they do in England and other places. You get a wacky story idea and have a precise start and end point and stick to the story. But when a show strikes up any kind of interest they decide to do filler episodes with hostage's and dramatic rescue's with actors chewing the scenery instead of working on the main story line. How many times have we seen this over and over IE: Prison Break, Lost, 4400, Flash Forward, The Event, Alcatraz and loads of others that had a great story but no resolution to the main story. God how I hated what they did to Falling Skies which could have been fun with just a few episodes to kick some alien asses but hung around way too long after the writers ran out of ideas about what to do next, just like Revolution. Just give us a story with a well defined objective and then move on to something else.
  • Started strong but faded

A typical case of trying to stretch something past its breaking point. OUATIW and Astronauts Wives Club had the right idea. Just do a 1 season "mini-series". I really hope that Wayward Pines doesn't go the UTD route.
  • Dome-tacular but poorly written

I have always liked this type of TV series: a group of people, where we can generally find evil people, is trapped by a strange circumstance that isolates the group from the rest of the world.

When UTD began to promote, it caught me.

The first season was great, an interesting plot that, despite showing some poor scripts respect to other series, opened many questions and encouraged to continue watching the show to find out the origin of the dome.

Talking about the second season, it was worse compared to the first season. Despite bringing new things like the exit of the dome and the return to it, the scripts were still bad and many episodes were based on crisis-of-the-week.

I continued watching UTD because, after all, I liked the idea that the dome kept them trapped, and also knowing it was possible to correct some things.

I have found the third season as an improvement. Many people say it's still bad, and I can't contradict that, because the scripts are a bit stupid, but adding Marg and Kylie, new stories, and the elimination of the crisis-of-the-week have made the season better.

Now I'm excited to see the dome coming down.

• Under the dome rocks

I pray there is another season okay so the Christine and Eva parts sucked buts ok you got this bring us a better 4 don't back out now stick with us
  • Love love love

I think this series should continue I love this show love the suspense keep Jarbie come on don't drop please family of 8 gets together and watches 500000 stars from us plus
  • Excellent

Excellent show!
  • This show should be under a Dome.

I watched the first year, and it was only supposed to last one season. So please stop prolonging the agony and put this thing out of its misery. You can do it by having someone put a hole in Big Jim's head along with his wierdo son.
  • Out of their dome

Who is writing this show? It seems like college kids on drugs. Noting makes sense or has any conclusion. When you see the end coming you really don't because a ridiculous plot twist is right around the corner.
  • Endless

When this show first started I was very disappointed because it did not follow the book at all. Now here we are with another season and it is just ridiculous!!! No more taping this show enough is enough. Stephen King was an excellent writer (ie The Stand) but this is just so below what I expect from him or Spielberg for that matter.
  • Stephen and Steven can do wonders

Really it is wonderful thriller and suspense. Stephen and Steven both put us "under the dome"
  • Crap show

So it went from bad to worse. Under the Dome moved on to become Body Snatchers with a little dash of Outer Limits and a touch Star Trek. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhh the characters! Nothing from the original story and characters remain. This is just pitiful. When I think of all the good shows that were cancelled for no reason, and I see this it breaks my heart. I cry for my idol Stephen King...
  • Mini serie

When I started watching Under the Dome I thought it was a mini-serie, . one season only. Stephen King and Spielberg as producers sounded nice and the first ten, or so episodes were great.

The last two episodes on season one was horrible. The script is so thin and illogical.

A few examples:

Hanging Barbie makes sense to everyone, only by Big Jim's word?

Angie flees with Julia with a police com radio in her hand. As soon as Julia woke up they could have notified Linda, the police, that Barbie didn't shoot her.

Eventhough Barbie witnessed, first hand, Big Jim shooting two people to death, knowing he killed Maxines mother and probably knew he burned down the radio station with Dodee in it, he simply just goes "Hey, let's go and save some people togehter as soon as he gets free from the noose around his neck seconds after Big Jim is yelling for Barbies death ...

Totally illogical. Barbie is an ex-military and a hit-man, known for "breaking bones". He would have killed Big Jim on the spot.

Total crap! Is it Stephen Kings 6 year old grand child who wrote the script?

And now in the first episode of season 2, the whole town all of a sudden just accepts Barbie - the one they were going to hang in the episode before. And if the town now sees Barbie as the good guy, then what is Big Jim? Shouldn't he at least be behind bars??

Outrageous! Hillarious! I've never seen a serie go from being awesome to hit rock bottom this fast.

• Latest season winded, "chick flickish"!

As with most American TV series, the first season is the best and ropes the viewers in to painfully anticipate closure over as many seasons as the Network allows. In an effort to keep ratings up , the story is stretched out and long, drawn out "chick stuff" scenes are added to fill in the ever widening gaps of "dead air" may arise due to a lapse in ideas from the writing staff.. I liked "Dome" in the beginning, but as with "LOST", the secret of the mystery in the plot kinda seeped out like sewage from a busted toilet line and before we know it, female"aliens" are having witty conversations with human females ,while persuading silly human males to "let go and find themselves", hence, no more mystery!. MY GOD,,,THE "SENSITIViTY SCENES" DRAG ON AND ON!! LETS WRAP IT ALREADY!!
  • The new season

Just had to say this but, 2 episodes in and I can say without a doubt the new school teacher completly sucks. You kill off these good characters and replace them with that shit. Please have her killed off as soon as possible. What a complete dumb BITCH. Get rid of her. I don't think I can watch this any more. This show is slowly going down hill, unless you kill off the school teacher. PLEASE. My rating is soley based on the school teacher. other wise I would give it an 8.5
  • Please, cancel it ASAP

This is one of the worst TV show I ever watched. Can't remember anything with more painful storyline and acting. Makes all Fast & Furious franchise look like Shakespear's masterpiece.
  • great show

its the best
  • The idea had potential, but the show itself is bad

3.5
    The show is really boring and seems to be targeting at slow children. Simply DON'T.
  • Sooooooo Borrrrrrrrrrring!

this episode sucks! and why is every episode getting worse? i cant do this anymore. worst of all, they will drag this tedious nonsense for 7 more episodes before they show a lame cliffhanger like last season's.

seriously, so many great opportunities to take down the enemy, yet instead, we get the lamest loser characters ever put on tv. that dumb irish redneck julia had a gun in her hand more than twice, with perfect lines of sight to kill the enemy POINT BLANK, but she didnt. Sam stabbed the biatch queen of harpies, but woosied out and didnt finish her off. seriously, who writes this garbage? thank god for cable shows. public tv at its worst here folks! i seriously hope they cancel this show. i'm sick of it being dragged to death with lousy characters whose pisspoor acting now is worse than those in low budget films.

• worst ever new season

Whenever any tv series makes even small changes, such as 1 new cast member replacing a favorite, the show seems to suffer in quality. But when "Under the Dome" went through such dramatic changes it just did not even hardly resemble the same show that I liked so much. It went through to many drastic changes to barely even resemble last seasons show. Bad move on the networks part allowing this to happen.
  • I give up

1.5
    I give up on this show. I bought into the sci fi element in season 1 and suffered as it turned into a soap opera in season 2. The acting was always subpar, but adding Marg Helgenberger to star for season 3 is like adding icebergs to the Titanic.

I gave it a few episode because I was invested for two seasons (and STILL nothing on opposite it). but it is a real chore just watching any more. TV should be somewhat entertaining, and not feel like a board upside my head shouting "Are you really this stupid?" over and over at me.

If you liked the beginning of the Dome, but would also rather have acting and a plot that makes occasional headway, watch Wayward Pines. Similar concept - far better executed.
  • Show is complete crap

New season is total shite. Couldnt even hold my attention through the second how quaint of CBS to take a snipe at FoxNews. Whats the matter CBS cant stand losing rating to to insult a lot of your viewing audience with your petty leftist crap. I'll never watch the show sorry for Mr. King
  • Really???

3.5
    Is it just me or is this show getting a bit silly now. Ok, premise wasn't that believable in the first place but why hasn't someone just told Christine to feck away off and hit her a good slap. Like so many of Stephen King's works, they start out so promising but then as things progress, it's as though he keeps taking more and more drugs!! Time for the story to be concluded methinks!!
  • Which CBS Exec approved THIS?

One of the worst shows to grace the small screen in recent history. Terrible story line and worse acting. Sorry to see Marg Helgenberger attached to such an awful piece of television. I cannot believe this show made it to a 3rd season. Should have died a natural death in Season 1. CBS should be ashamed.
  • piece of shit

I watched the first and second season.

But I stopped now when I saw the first episode of the third is a piece of shit.

They should have already finished the story .

Poor Stephen King:(((( It is a shame...
  • Rare Achievement

If you want something you can watch completely out of order, whether it be episodes or seasons, you found it. This thing is crap. Virtually no acting takes place. Transitory plot. Utter nonsense. One of those shows if you get a phone call, you don't feel the need to press pause on the remote, just mute.

Under the Zero -- what the rating for it would be if that was an option ;-)
  • The best worst show on TV

Laughable, amateurish, a little crazy, some bad taste, stupid and delightfully silly. There's things even worse on tv, with much less entertainment value. One hour of goofy sci-fi.
  • best show ever

the show is full of surprises, people didn't get the premiere because they are too lazy to use their imagination. i loved the twists in the episode and i i think that season 3 is much better than the first 2 seasons wait to see what will happen in the next episodes.
  • The worst TV Premiere-Under the Dome

Where do I start? The first hour is the worst premiere for such a hopeful TV show! What an insult to fans! Glad I wasn't waiting on anything spectacular from new season! Jeesh! Who in the hell is writing this season, who signed off on it & why in the hell is it on prime TV & on CBS?!? 1:56 hours to make a clear point?!? Come on, what a complete waste & complete disappointment after 1 hour and 56 minutes of prime TV! No longer interested in lame excuses