Under the Dome

Thursday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Jun 24, 2013 In Season

Gislef

Under the Dome Fan Reviews (159)

7.1
  • Crap show

So it went from bad to worse. Under the Dome moved on to become Body Snatchers with a little dash of Outer Limits and a touch Star Trek. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhh the characters! Nothing from the original story and characters remain. This is just pitiful. When I think of all the good shows that were cancelled for no reason, and I see this it breaks my heart. I cry for my idol Stephen King...
  • Mini serie

When I started watching Under the Dome I thought it was a mini-serie, . one season only. Stephen King and Spielberg as producers sounded nice and the first ten, or so episodes were great.

The last two episodes on season one was horrible. The script is so thin and illogical.

A few examples:

Hanging Barbie makes sense to everyone, only by Big Jim's word?

Angie flees with Julia with a police com radio in her hand. As soon as Julia woke up they could have notified Linda, the police, that Barbie didn't shoot her.

Eventhough Barbie witnessed, first hand, Big Jim shooting two people to death, knowing he killed Maxines mother and probably knew he burned down the radio station with Dodee in it, he simply just goes "Hey, let's go and save some people togehter as soon as he gets free from the noose around his neck seconds after Big Jim is yelling for Barbies death ...

Totally illogical. Barbie is an ex-military and a hit-man, known for "breaking bones". He would have killed Big Jim on the spot.

Total crap! Is it Stephen Kings 6 year old grand child who wrote the script?

And now in the first episode of season 2, the whole town all of a sudden just accepts Barbie - the one they were going to hang in the episode before. And if the town now sees Barbie as the good guy, then what is Big Jim? Shouldn't he at least be behind bars??

Outrageous! Hillarious! I've never seen a serie go from being awesome to hit rock bottom this fast.

• Latest season winded, "chick flickish"!

As with most American TV series, the first season is the best and ropes the viewers in to painfully anticipate closure over as many seasons as the Network allows. In an effort to keep ratings up , the story is stretched out and long, drawn out "chick stuff" scenes are added to fill in the ever widening gaps of "dead air" may arise due to a lapse in ideas from the writing staff.. I liked "Dome" in the beginning, but as with "LOST", the secret of the mystery in the plot kinda seeped out like sewage from a busted toilet line and before we know it, female"aliens" are having witty conversations with human females ,while persuading silly human males to "let go and find themselves", hence, no more mystery!. MY GOD,,,THE "SENSITIViTY SCENES" DRAG ON AND ON!! LETS WRAP IT ALREADY!!
  • The new season

Just had to say this but, 2 episodes in and I can say without a doubt the new school teacher completly sucks. You kill off these good characters and replace them with that shit. Please have her killed off as soon as possible. What a complete dumb BITCH. Get rid of her. I don't think I can watch this any more. This show is slowly going down hill, unless you kill off the school teacher. PLEASE. My rating is soley based on the school teacher. other wise I would give it an 8.5
  • Please, cancel it ASAP

This is one of the worst TV show I ever watched. Can't remember anything with more painful storyline and acting. Makes all Fast & Furious franchise look like Shakespear's masterpiece.
  • great show

its the best
  • The idea had potential, but the show itself is bad

3.5
    The show is really boring and seems to be targeting at slow children. Simply DON'T.
  • Sooooooo Borrrrrrrrrrring!

this episode sucks! and why is every episode getting worse? i cant do this anymore. worst of all, they will drag this tedious nonsense for 7 more episodes before they show a lame cliffhanger like last season's.

seriously, so many great opportunities to take down the enemy, yet instead, we get the lamest loser characters ever put on tv. that dumb irish redneck julia had a gun in her hand more than twice, with perfect lines of sight to kill the enemy POINT BLANK, but she didnt. Sam stabbed the biatch queen of harpies, but woosied out and didnt finish her off. seriously, who writes this garbage? thank god for cable shows. public tv at its worst here folks! i seriously hope they cancel this show. i'm sick of it being dragged to death with lousy characters whose pisspoor acting now is worse than those in low budget films.

• worst ever new season

Whenever any tv series makes even small changes, such as 1 new cast member replacing a favorite, the show seems to suffer in quality. But when "Under the Dome" went through such dramatic changes it just did not even hardly resemble the same show that I liked so much. It went through to many drastic changes to barely even resemble last seasons show. Bad move on the networks part allowing this to happen.
  • I give up

1.5
    I give up on this show. I bought into the sci fi element in season 1 and suffered as it turned into a soap opera in season 2. The acting was always subpar, but adding Marg Helgenberger to star for season 3 is like adding icebergs to the Titanic.

I gave it a few episode because I was invested for two seasons (and STILL nothing on opposite it). but it is a real chore just watching any more. TV should be somewhat entertaining, and not feel like a board upside my head shouting "Are you really this stupid?" over and over at me.

If you liked the beginning of the Dome, but would also rather have acting and a plot that makes occasional headway, watch Wayward Pines. Similar concept - far better executed.
  • Show is complete crap

New season is total shite. Couldnt even hold my attention through the second how quaint of CBS to take a snipe at FoxNews. Whats the matter CBS cant stand losing rating to to insult a lot of your viewing audience with your petty leftist crap. I'll never watch the show sorry for Mr. King
  • Really???

3.5
    Is it just me or is this show getting a bit silly now. Ok, premise wasn't that believable in the first place but why hasn't someone just told Christine to feck away off and hit her a good slap. Like so many of Stephen King's works, they start out so promising but then as things progress, it's as though he keeps taking more and more drugs!! Time for the story to be concluded methinks!!
  • Which CBS Exec approved THIS?

One of the worst shows to grace the small screen in recent history. Terrible story line and worse acting. Sorry to see Marg Helgenberger attached to such an awful piece of television. I cannot believe this show made it to a 3rd season. Should have died a natural death in Season 1. CBS should be ashamed.
  • piece of shit

I watched the first and second season.

But I stopped now when I saw the first episode of the third is a piece of shit.

They should have already finished the story .

Poor Stephen King:(((( It is a shame...
  • Rare Achievement

If you want something you can watch completely out of order, whether it be episodes or seasons, you found it. This thing is crap. Virtually no acting takes place. Transitory plot. Utter nonsense. One of those shows if you get a phone call, you don't feel the need to press pause on the remote, just mute.

Under the Zero -- what the rating for it would be if that was an option ;-)
  • The best worst show on TV

Laughable, amateurish, a little crazy, some bad taste, stupid and delightfully silly. There's things even worse on tv, with much less entertainment value. One hour of goofy sci-fi.
  • best show ever

the show is full of surprises, people didn't get the premiere because they are too lazy to use their imagination. i loved the twists in the episode and i i think that season 3 is much better than the first 2 seasons wait to see what will happen in the next episodes.
  • The worst TV Premiere-Under the Dome

Where do I start? The first hour is the worst premiere for such a hopeful TV show! What an insult to fans! Glad I wasn't waiting on anything spectacular from new season! Jeesh! Who in the hell is writing this season, who signed off on it & why in the hell is it on prime TV & on CBS?!? 1:56 hours to make a clear point?!? Come on, what a complete waste & complete disappointment after 1 hour and 56 minutes of prime TV! No longer interested in lame excuses
  • Losing a fan

Season 1 I was hooked. ..

Season 2 started getting corny and I didn't make it all the way threw.

Season 3 I'm trying to give a chance but

it's all over the place. The show is dragging. ...

it's season 3! Why don't we know what's going on with the dome yet? Get on with it already!!!!

• Love it

I am totally agree with Whitney Johnson. This isn't about being normal or clever things. Use your imagination...

I actually think the show it's even better now than the first season. I've been waiting for season 3 for almost a year and I'm glad that is on again.

But, I have to admit that I just saw two episodes of season 3 and it's kind of wait for next week and see what's really going on in Chester's Mills.
  • Always a unhappy camper

Although there may be questionable things, the more people complain, the more series get canceled. This is a pretty good show and I would hate to see it go downhill because someone can't use their imagination a little.

I find it to be a good show to watch during my down time. Give the show some time to catch up and get better.

There are quite a few shows who have one or two seasons and the rest are perfect.
  • Light and radiowaves

if radiowaves can not get in or out of the dome, how can visible light do?
  • I love the show looking forward to more

Y People thinking the writers should make all characters out of the dome it only 13 episode in season 1 and in that season, the story it 2 weeks come on I like see wat the dome can do' one minute it hot it cold n weird, freaky I like it... If season 3 they not out of the dome than u all may complain But it really great show I tell so much of my friends about it n now they all hooked on it n I'm looking forward to seeing season
  • A brilliant show gone so wrong

While Season 1 of Under the Dome was new, fresh and had mystery and amazing characters, I haven't been able to even finish the last 2 episodes of Season 2, I just deleted them off my DVR.

Wow, talk about a turn towards to terrible stories and absolute awful writing and acting! This show went from my new favorite last season to being completely unwatchable on so many levels in Season 2. I couldn't sit through Julia "talking" to the dome for one second longer, or listen to another character lecture about how the dome chose them for a purpose, are these people really that dumb? Is the dome now a deity with consciousness and decision making abilities? Don't they realize it's an artificial thing that is obviously created and being sustained by an outside force? Did CBS fire all the writers and let 5 year olds develop the plots? That would explain Juniors Mom and her terrible finger paintings!

Yeah, I'm done, not even finishing Season 2.
  • The story is now finally moving forward by "coming out of the dome"

In season 1 they were trying hard to make it like "Lost" and that never worked but Season 2 has been pretty good although the writers have still not abandoned their attempts of making it like Lost but at least now they are moving the story forward. Casting was never a problem for the show. They did get the best talents and newcomers of Season 2 are also just as good. The only problem of the show was it's story which like the show seemed to be trapped "under a dome" and was not moving forward. The writers are still not using the characters effectively. Junior, Melanie, Barbie's Father and Sam are interesting characters who are not being given more screen time and Rebecca and Phil are being unnecessary time
  • Rename This Show

It should be called "Under The Dumb" because that is what this show is DUMB! Horrible writing and acting aside it's just DUMB. The characters are typical King garbage. The abuser, the helpless waif, the kids with a weird power, the crazy preacher and the sheriff that is discovering themselves. Every story of his is the same formula and so is this show. I couldn't even make it through the typical "it's been 3 episodes we need to have a plague

More garbage for the mindless.
  • Stupidist thing that WAS on TV

Finally, last episode and no reason for this crap to come back.

How DID that poor man get crushed in his car while the walls were creeping in ever so slowly that dreadful 6

I liked how one reviewer on the net said "its like the writers get together on monday morning to see who can come up with the stupidest idea for the week"

Remember when big jim was over her body (after she was stabbed) and he yelled WHY?

I yelled KAHN and my family laughed. Cause that was more clever than this series has become.

Follow Heroes & Revolution and just don't come back.

• Terrible, just terrible

Season one was good, hell, I was even looking forward to season 2 but after 2 episodes I've had it with this piece of crap show. It doesn't make any sense at all. People dying for now reason at all, new characters appear out of nowhere. How many people are in this small town anyway?
  • Wow!!!!

I really don't understand why anyone would say this is a bad show, sure it's pure science fiction, none of this would ever really happen, and sure it's completely strayed from the original book by now, but apart from that, I'm on the edge of my seat every single episode.

I think people should let go of the book and just consider this a stand alone series, it's only based on the concept of the book.

And the finale, without giving it away, damn, it's gonna be a long wait till summer 2015....
  • i'm going now

2.5
    I've watched every episode until half of season 2 and actually thought it was OK, but that last episode was the worst episode of every episodes of every show ever. I've had it with this piece of crap show, i won't be watching it any further