Under the Dome

Speak of the Devil

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 02, 2013 on CBS

7.2
  • Jim gets more evil!

Much better than the last few episodes. Jim gets more evil! Just those pesky kids playing secret club that are annoying me!
  • Don't make the Dome angry. You wouldn't like it when it's angry.

Damn it, UNDER THE DOME! Will you please stop getting sporadically good? I don't know how much more of this rollercoaster I can take. One week, I am full of disdain for your abject silliness, the next I am riveted by some truly clever plot twists and intriguing characterization. Seriously, you're as confusing as the Dome itself, one minute all ludicrous fight club antics and the next tightly-plotted action and captivating mystery.

One thing that remains consistent throughout all your episodes, at least, is the stupidity of pretty much everyone. Honestly, what is with the people in this town deliberately raising the ire of their enemies? That's just asking for trouble. Barbie, Angie, Max; they all run their mouths, and then seem taken aback when the objects of their threats turn around and bite them. Show some sense, people.

Speaking of Max, I am so disappointed in what they did to her -- oh, obviously she had to die, she was a nasty piece of work and of course Big Jim wasn't going to stand for being treated like a whipping boy too long. But for her to have (so awesomely) shot Julia for as schoolgirlish a reason as jealousy, especially when she had to know she'd be the prime suspect, really detracts from her cold and calculating boss lady vibe. Way to take a kickass character and run her into the ground, show.

So now, next week! Barbie the fugitive, with not only the folks in Chester's Mill but the military outside the Dome because, yep, Dodee got her radio to the outside world to work JUST AS THEY WERE SAYING THIS also interested in his whereabouts, as well. Why IS the military looking for Barbie, though? Is it the friendly fire incident he and his army/marine/whatever unit covered up? Does it have something to do with the commanding officer he saved with the same trick he uses on Julia this week (and about which Joe decides IN THE MIDDLE OF A CRITICAL AMATEUR OPERATION is a good time to have a chat)? Could it be that there even more to the mystery that is Barbie than the simple collection-agent-with-a-heart-of-gold back story we have so far received? Let's hope so.

Meanwhile, are there surveillance cameras outside the old cement factory, perchance? Tell me there are surveillance cameras outside the old cement factory! Then maybe the Prophecy Seizure Club won't have to kill Big Jim at all, and Sheriff Linda will actually prove herself useful. Notably absent from this episode, by the way: S8ter Ben, and Norrie's Mom Who isn't Samantha Mathis. This time she doesn't even rate a mention, in fact. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if we never see her again: the Dome really isn't very kind to moms.

Nor is it kind to me. Because after this outing, I'm actually looking forward to the next episode, and I HATE when that happens.

FULL REVIEW AT GEEK SPEAK MAGAZINE
  • Stunning!

I thought this was a really compelling episode with major developments after the slightly disappointing episode last week. Very good scenes between Barbie and Big Jim leading to a very good climax.

I quite enjoyed that storyline, even though Big Jim is getting more and more unbearable and evil with each passing episode.

Things are playing out nicely and the show is very enjoyable from my point fo view!
  • Under the spell

I too, like many of the reviewers, feel information about the domes existence is being drug out way too long. I decided to stop watching after episode four or so, but I keep watching. That's the hook/spell. I need to know more. The story line(s) is sort of ridiculous for the most part but again, I keep watching, hoping for more information about the dome. It's a Sci-Fi soap opera.
  • what the heck '????????

I don't know if anyone else mentioned the fact that EVERYTHING OUTSIDE the dome is suddenly fine grass houses etc. After the bomb strike everything was I miss something??? I guess the aliens put it back the way it was. I'm guessing it's aliens. in any imagine dragging it out another season. Oh and I do think Junior is tho he's think he's suppose to be a good guy. He could be the "chosen one" I'm guessing
  • Garbage

After 11 episodes I've decided to give up on this show. I have been waiting for some answers to the dome for a long time but the writer (Stephen King?) has just stretched it out for too long, and now it is getting extremely boring and I find I no longer care where the story or characters go. The characters themselves (except for Barbie) are very uninteresting and 2 dimensional. I cannot believe that King has his name to this drivel, and whatever Spielberg produces for TV turns to utter garbage.
  • Under the Dome

Is it coming back for season 2?
  • Awful.

4.5
    This shows gets worse every week, i hope i get to see, Joe, Norrie, Angie and Junior stab Big Jim multiple times in the next two episode's coz' i ain't coming back for more. As for Barbie being the chosen one, i don't know, but i hope he doesn't get killed apart from that so glad Maxine is dead. Maxine (Natalie Zea) just wondered on the set and thought i'll stay here for a few days before i go back to The Following. As for the rest of it, i don't really care.
  • What the

This series is getting more and more ridiculous, with the worst acting from the 4 kids of the Prophecy Seizure Club where they literally state the obvious in between regurgitations of verbal diarrhea. Pretty much the most interesting part of the episode was the pink stars in the last episode have now turned into some kind of bodily effluvia on the walls of the barn. Maybe it will be released as bonus material...