Under the Dome

Thicker Than Water

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Aug 12, 2013 on CBS

7.8
  • Isn't Julia Shumway supposed to be a journalist?

It's now the 8th episode of 'Under the dome' and everyone in Chestersmill is starting to think the dome may be permanent. The thing is, I thought Julia Shumway (Rachelle LeFevre) was supposed to be a journalist. She clearly wants to uncover the secrets of the dome so why isn't she following up on her OWN leads and asking the right questions. Let me explain...

During the pilot episode when we first see Julia Shumway, she pays a visit to a old lady called Mrs Grunell who thinks she has a story for the paper. Mrs Grunell tells Julia, "You see that truck, well that's his 4th propane delivery this week, and last week they had She goes on to explain how the police wasn't interested as apparently it was the town hall restocking its emergency reserves. Mrs Grunell then tells her that Duke sounded nervous when he told her and that Duke has never been nervous in his life.

So, again, here we are at episode eight and Julia Shumway still hasn't asked any questions about the propane and she doesn't seem to think it's odd that the town hall restocked their propane supplies just before the dome came down. Any half decent journalist would think that was far too much of a coincidence. Also, in case your thinking she must have forgotten about it, she also took some pictures of the propane tanks at the same time so I doubt it's something she would forget about.

It could just be me being a bit pedantic but I don't think so, if I was in her shoes I would find out why the propane was restocked and I would at least tell the police to look into it.

You see, this is what happens when you re-watch shows like this. Haha I just watched the pilot again and this stuck out like a sore thumb to me. Surely the writers would of thought of this?

What do you think?

@Doom

I can confirm that Angie has had that tattoo since the pilot as I've just re-watched it and her butterfly tattoo is the first thing we see when she is in bed with Junior.

'The Monarch Will Be Crowned' Huh, that is a weird puzzle. Maybe the dome is just saying the town needs to choose a leader to restore order properly. It should be Barbie but I bet it'll be Big Jim. However, here is a MASSIVE clue... The butterfly tattoo Angie has on her shoulder looks like a 'Monarch Butterfly' which is the most popular of all North American butterflies. Also, at the very start of this episode we see a butterfly flying by Barbie while he is digging a grave so clearly the puzzle is 'The butterfly will be crowned'

From my research of this puzzle, there appears to be some connection to a pagan goddess or a fairy. I then Googled 'Crowned Butterfly' and there is a famous ballet called Le papillon (The butterfly) that has something to do with royalty and another fairy which I thought was a funny strange coincidence. No idea what I've found really but I'm guessing it has something to do with Paganism and Fairies. But then again I could be totally wrong.

I did have a funny thought about the show though, wouldn't it be funny if the egg in the mini dome hatched open and miniature versions of everyone who died appeared in the mini dome. Now that would be messed up and probably make me look for the remote control. Haha