Undercovers Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Effectively Cancelled

  • Avatar of MOSTCAPABLEONE

    MOSTCAPABLEONE

    [21]Dec 2, 2010
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,477
    jack756 wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    ott666 wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    It just seems like to me that a lot of people didn't want to give the show a chance and didn't want to like the show for their own personal reasons.


    Isn't liking or not liking something based on one's personal reasons? Liking something because what others like are typical traits of mindless idiots.


    Wasn't my point and what you have posted doesn't apply to anything I have stated. Simply put, it's like saying I might not like a particular recording artist as a person, however, that doesn't mean that I don't like their music. But for some people, since they don't like that artist as a person, they will not ALLOW themselves to like that particular artist's music regardless of the music's quality.
    well said


    THANKS!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jjafargi

    jjafargi

    [22]Dec 3, 2010
    • member since: 10/09/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 110

    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    ott666 wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    It just seems like to me that a lot of people didn't want to give the show a chance and didn't want to like the show for their own personal reasons.
    Isn't liking or not liking something based on one's personal reasons? Liking something because what others like are typical traits of mindless idiots.
    Wasn't my point and what you have posted doesn't apply to anything I have stated. Simply put, it's like saying I might not like a particular recording artist as a person, however, that doesn't mean that I don't like their music. But for some people, since they don't like that artist as a person, they will not ALLOW themselves to like that particular artist's music regardless of the music's quality.



    Except that most of the people posting here have in fact said that they ARE fans of J. J. Abrams, and continued watching the show and giving it a chance week after week even though they could already tell from week one that it wasn't nearly as good as all his other shows. So I pose the same question ott666 did: what are these personal reasons you are referring to? Everyone is entitled to their own taste and their own opinions. You seem to be implying that simply because a lot of us didn't think this show lived up to the expectations set by Alias, Lost, and Fringe, that we all have some secret unerlying agenda against the show. It would seem your argument is the one that is flawed, not ott666's.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MOSTCAPABLEONE

    MOSTCAPABLEONE

    [23]Dec 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,477
    jjafargi wrote:

    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    ott666 wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    It just seems like to me that a lot of people didn't want to give the show a chance and didn't want to like the show for their own personal reasons.
    Isn't liking or not liking something based on one's personal reasons? Liking something because what others like are typical traits of mindless idiots.
    Wasn't my point and what you have posted doesn't apply to anything I have stated. Simply put, it's like saying I might not like a particular recording artist as a person, however, that doesn't mean that I don't like their music. But for some people, since they don't like that artist as a person, they will not ALLOW themselves to like that particular artist's music regardless of the music's quality.



    Except that most of the people posting here have in fact said that they ARE fans of J. J. Abrams, and continued watching the show and giving it a chance week after week even though they could already tell from week one that it wasn't nearly as good as all his other shows. So I pose the same question ott666 did: what are these personal reasons you are referring to? Everyone is entitled to their own taste and their own opinions. You seem to be implying that simply because a lot of us didn't think this show lived up to the expectations set by Alias, Lost, and Fringe, that we all have some secret unerlying agenda against the show. It would seem your argument is the one that is flawed, not ott666's.



    First, I never implied that the people who didn't like the show had an underlying AGENDA. I feel that I was quite clear and specific with the point of my post. Second, the funny thing about your post is that I never stated previously that anyone else post was flawed. But now I can say that the reasoning in your post is flawed. You site that most of the people that have posted in this forum have mentioned that they are J. J. Abrams fans and they still don't like the show. Is J. J. Abrams connection to this show the only dynamic of the show? No. What about the genre, actors, subject matter, and etc. Therefore, with "Undercover" having multiple dynamics, your logic here does not apply. My earlier post just pointed out that some people do not give a show a chance based on their dislike of ONE of the dynamics of a show. For example, I will use myself. I do not like Military movies/series since I have several relatives in the armed forces that were killed fighting for my country the United States Of America. If I adored J. J. Abrams and he made a new movie/series "The Saving Private Ryan Chronicles", I would not like it no matter how good it was. However, to be fair, knowing that my dislike for Military movies/series is based on my own personal issues and clouds my judgment of the quality of the movie/series, I would never go on a forum for that movie/series and slam the movie/series. I wouldn't want to contribute to a show's demise because of my own personal issues.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jack756

    jack756

    [24]Dec 6, 2010
    • member since: 02/10/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,509

    i agree with u alot.i think ppl jus wanted to hate it b/c it wasnt like alias ,lost,or even fringe.i am not a jj abrams fan but i notice thats why ppl only watch.anywaysi like how each week the show got good...like im not a comedy fan and no matter how good a comedy is i would say i hate it b.c i find comdies to stuck on themsleves.so i understand wat r saying.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MOSTCAPABLEONE

    MOSTCAPABLEONE

    [25]Dec 7, 2010
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,477
    jack756 wrote:

    i agree with u alot.i think ppl jus wanted to hate it b/c it wasnt like alias ,lost,or even fringe.i am not a jj abrams fan but i notice thats why ppl only watch.anywaysi like how each week the show got good...like im not a comedy fan and no matter how good a comedy is i would say i hate it b.c i find comdies to stuck on themsleves.so i understand wat r saying.



    ... and I doubt you would go on a comedy forum and try to slam a comedy show out of its existence since you know you don't like comedies regardless of its quality....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jack756

    jack756

    [26]Dec 7, 2010
    • member since: 02/10/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,509

    ur right i wouldnt go on a comedy forum and slam a comdey show.i mean if ppl like it thats them im not watching itso it doesnt borther me u knw.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Writerpatrick

    Writerpatrick

    [27]Dec 9, 2010
    • member since: 04/10/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 581

    The show is scheduled to be back on Dec. 22nd and on Dec. 29th. There's four episodes left. It's unclear as to whether they'll burn off the final two after that or just drop the show all together, although considering this is a time of repeats I expect them to air at least one after that. So it appears we're getting a winter burn-off.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MOSTCAPABLEONE

    MOSTCAPABLEONE

    [28]Dec 14, 2010
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,477
    Writerpatrick wrote:

    The show is scheduled to be back on Dec. 22nd and on Dec. 29th. There's four episodes left. It's unclear as to whether they'll burn off the final two after that or just drop the show all together, although considering this is a time of repeats I expect them to air at least one after that. So it appears we're getting a winter burn-off.



    Agreed!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Writerpatrick

    Writerpatrick

    [29]Dec 28, 2010
    • member since: 04/10/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 581
    From what I can tell, the one on the 29th is the last scheduled episode. The following week NBC appears to be getting into new programming. So it appears there's two episodes that won't air. (I'm assuming they were filmed in the first place.) It is possible that they'll show up online (which seems to happen with a lot of canceled shows) and they would likely be on a DVD release, assuming there is one released.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fuhgeddabouditt

    Fuhgeddabouditt

    [30]Dec 30, 2010
    • member since: 02/18/10
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 20

    Writerpatrick wrote:
    From what I can tell, the one on the 29th is the last scheduled episode. The following week NBC appears to be getting into new programming. So it appears there's two episodes that won't air. (I'm assuming they were filmed in the first place.) It is possible that they'll show up online (which seems to happen with a lot of canceled shows) and they would likely be on a DVD release, assuming there is one released.
    it might be released online if not, for sure on the Season 1 DVD if filmed.

    Edited on 12/30/2010 6:47am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of haldrey

    haldrey

    [31]Dec 30, 2010
    • member since: 02/23/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,921
    The show was getting really interesting, now I want some kind of closure, even if in an essay form.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.