Unforgettable

Pilot

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Sep 20, 2011 on CBS

5.5

The latest show from CBS turns out to be much like every other show from CBS. The beginning introduced us to a unique character, one who could remember things and who took counting cards to a new level. Then the show turned into every other show on the Tuesday lineup with a basic murder, basic cheap guest stars and a predictable outcome. I thought this show might be different, but if this mediocre episode is any indication I will not be tuning in again.

• where isjeniffer love hewitt....? oh wait this isnt a ghostwhisperer.

so now i see how it works, its not a ghostwhisperer or apsychic or a future/past viewer or a charmed one... she just has a great memory!! but has hers up and downs.

so this episode was.. eh.. alright i wish the case was more intense but i guess it was ok .. at least it explained how things are done.

• I agree, it's an intriguing start!

Well, this is DEFINITELY Poppy Montgomery's show! I can't recall a lead getting that much solo screen time. I decided to check out the program because I enjoyed her work in Without A Trace. I'm not sure about this series just yet, but it's definitely worth a few more episodes to see how things unfold.

I like the supporting cast - they all seem likable. However, I'm not sure I'm up for another Castle/Beckett or Bones/Booth will they/won't they series. Those happen to be my two favorite shows because a) I love all the characters (well, did until Castle's new Captain came along - but that's another story) b) there are great backstories with all the cast and most importantly c) the crimes are front and center in each epsiode.

I had a sense her that this was more about the two lead characters than the crime, but it's a Pilot and character introductions and backgrounds are important. Let's see what Episode 2 brings. :)

• An intriguing start!

The show itself averages out to a standard procedural, but as we know each show gets its own 'twist' to get its start. This show has a fairly unique one (its only been done once (see Dr. Reid)). To be honest what I was expecting was a show about a female Spencer Reid as a lead. Instead I got a character that was far less interesting (to me) than that but still fairly compelling.

What I really enjoyed was the visualization of her 'recalls' they actually place Poppy in the scene with herself almost as if she was in a Star Trek episode watching her memory. That is a pretty cool story technique that works really well to describe the situation going forward in the series.

The surrounding characters are trouble some however, never is this more emphasized by the final scene where each of the detectives seems to be wearing sunglasses of each and every pop culture phenomena out there today and none of them seems to fit the persona of the characters involved. "I don't always wear sunglasses but when I do, I prefer to look down on those wearing bro sunglasses". If you see the funeral scene you will know what I mean. I could continue but I really want to hit up another episode before passing a final judgement on the show.

Here is the final word:

Bottom line I think CBS has another strong procedural in the mix however it suffers from a lack of solid cohesion from the ensemble cast. The twist is cool but not unheard of and the introduction of it is a little sketchy.

• It's ok but i hope to see it grow

It's an ok episode an i was kinda intrigued by it, I think there is room for a litlle improvement. The fact is the remember part should be the most epic moments of the show cause that's what makes it different from every other cop show, but at the moment it's a little dull, it like you are on the outside just waiting for her to remember instead of being on the inside an actually being able to participate and think for yourself...

but that were the only moments that i wasn't enjoying the episode the rest of it was actually kinda good altho pretty much the same as any other show
    i hope to see it evolve a little. It's only the first episode.... for me it can still go both ways as in good or bad