Unforgettable

A&E (ended 2016)

karlmeszaros

Unforgettable Fan Reviews (55)

7.8
  • unforgettable cancel it again!

This show really sucks neither one of them can act that's why it was canceled once before and will be again it's not something I would be crying over and its far far from being brilliant but it looks like A&E is getting desperate for show this season to have put that show on the air again because there was a good reason why they canceled it in the first place because every acter on that show can't act to save there life that's why none of them never made it in the movies business they just should have gotten Teresa from the long Island medium show and dog the bounty hunter to do that show and maybe then it might no not even then but people who think this show is awesome need to change there channel once in a while or upgrade there cable package because there are a lot better show on TV then this one but if your TV is stuck on A&E try watching criminal minds because that's the show there trying to copy but they know how to act on that show and its not boring but what can you do they think they can put a pretty face on there and have a hit show LOL it doesn't work like that anymore like it did back in the day that's why it got canceled and they should of let it die out like the rest of them but this must be the fan page because if you go onto social media you won't find one person that can stand the show so A&E please cancel this show and put it out of it's misery because the cast can't act and the show sucks really bad!
  • What is Poppy saying?

What has happened to Poppy Montgomery's voice? Why is she continually speaking in a monotone - no inflection what so ever. I do not recall her voice being like this in "Without A Trace". Also please dress her up - she looks like the victim of a crime. Also either she and what's his name are in a romance or they are not. If she is a detective she should not feel compelled to flirt with her partner ALL THE TIME. Come to think of it she flirts with every man in the show. Maybe if she dressed better she might get herself a man and would not have to flirt her way through life.
  • Song for show should be "Everybody Wants You" (Cheap Trick)

Ever since she became the producer, every single show is about Who Wants Carrie!! It is sickening! Is she that self loving? narcissistic? There has not been a show lately that isn't about who wants her, it over shadows the real plot of the shows. Get a grip woman, you are possibly pretty, but every man on earth doesn't want you. Even Elizabeth Taylor didn't think that way (and She could have). It must be a nightmare to work with this person. The acting has gone down the toilet, don't know what is going on there, and either put her and Al together or let it go, this dancing around each other every single show, is as gagging as bad fish stuck in your throat. It has gone so far from the original concept that I don't even recognize it. It was a good show when they were just cops, not "federal agents", and when there was someone to put a leash on Poppy Montgomery's self worship. Take hold of yourself before you lose the show completely!!!

Signed,

Ready to move on to other things
  • The . Flag is wrong color!

Love the show but,,, The . Flag in Elliot Nelson's office is Green and white stripes, not the traditional red and white. Major goof!
  • Big Miss

2.5
    What started out as an interesting premise in Season 1, has devolved into a contrived mess in Season 2. Poppy Montgomery's character does a weird high school flirting act in almost every scene. While in season 1, her condition was a gift and a curse and it was intriguing to watch her grapple with both concepts; in Season 2 it feels like she's doing parlor tricks in between the forced escapades of Major Crimes. The attempts at humor, romance and intrigue fall completely flat. Dallas is amazing on the Good Wife, but seems like he's acting under duress here. Waste of everyone's talent all the way around.
  • Poppy is now arrogant!

Why has Montgomery become so arrogant about her memory gift. There is a scene in every episode now of her showing off. Its really annoying. The constant flirting bit is also annoying. The show was much better when all of this did not happen.
  • My high hopes were dashed -- I had hoped it would break from the predictable police procedural themes and plots

3.5

I had high hopes for this show . Unfortunately it is stuck in the same old rut as the other 99% of predictable police procedurals.

Friends of the hero are righteous, so when one is suspected we know we just wait for the next interesting character to come along and they will be the ones actually guilty.

Predictable 40 year old plots with only the name changed, a gender change, and the memory gimmick.

Producers and the writers they hire to repeat well known formulas with minor changes need to wake up if they are going to save TV from extinction.

Having a lead character turn out to be evil is not exactly new, but it would be new to US police shows. Try that.

Show the hypocrisy of police who give each other a break because of "the pressure they are under" while in the next moment arresting a single mom or a pediatric oncologist.

I'm not saying have anti-heroes, completely evil leads, because those shows too are old predictable formula shows.

Rather I'm saying mix it up. Have heroes that turn bad, heroes that seem just but are actually hypocritical.

Have the hero dead cop's clearly loving wife turn out to be anything but.

There is a world of possibilities, and if TV and movie producers and writers don't exploit them they will continue to see themselves replaced by computer games and web pages.

• A Little Old To Dress Like That

I liked Poppy in Without a Trace but she dresses like she is still that age. Also do something with the hair she is too old to wear her hair like that. It just looks messy.
  • To much flirting

4.5
    This second season Poppy seems to spend a lot of time flirting with her partner Al .There seems to be the compulsory teasing at the end of every episode and it,s starting to get boring with her,, I could have you any time i like attitude .Maybe it,s because she is one of the producers she thinks it,s a good idea but for me it,s already wearing to the plot lines .
  • season 2 stinks

4.5
    1. Where are the other detectives?

2. Why don't they dress up Carey Wells in a cape and put an "S" on her blouse so she becomes superwoman

3. She is getting more and more arrogant

Hated the late season 1 episodes and hating season 2 more.
  • Not Unforgettable.

4.5
    With Poppy Montgomery (Without Trace) and Dylan Ward (Nip Tuck), I'd hoped this crime drama would be sure to please. But poor directing, awkward lines, and some bad acting makes Unforgettable something I'd like to forget. I tried viewing a second episode to give it a chance, but the quality was so poor I turned it off mid way through.
  • This show probably looked better on paper than it did after production...

This is your standard procedural cop show with the added twist of intruducing a lead with a photographic memory who remembers everything she ever sees. Give that lead a mysterious troubled past and team her up with her ex partner and lover and you have the basic structure for this show. On paper it looks like it should work, in practice it fails on every count.

The main character is, whilst undoubtably physically attractive, is somehow strangely unappealing. The character itself comes across as shallow and underdeveloped. Perhaps it is the fault of the scriptwriters but I am more inclined to feel it is the actress who lets down the role instead. Her acting is more unbeleivable than unforgettable.

The main hook in this show centers around the fact that the lead has a photographic memory and remembers everything. Somehow the scripwriters have not only gifter her with the power of total recall but strangely enough her eyesight also seems to improve exponentially too. When recalling a crimescene she can somehow make out perfect details on a tiny picture 20 feet away from her that us mere mortals would struggle to get the same impression even uf we had the photo at reading distance in our own hands. In addition her perfect recall seems only to be triggered when she wants it to be or, when it comes unbidden, only when a key pece of evidence wafts by.

One does get the distinct feeling that, were the lead character not blessed with this perfect recall, her and the rest of the team would not be considered any great asset to law enforcemnt.

As this show has developed the acting has gotten worse and the plot even more unbelievable.

A mediocre show that does not deserve airtime.

• Not so special.

5.5

First: I don't really have a problem with procedural with a twist (as some staffer of Tv.com pointed it out as a "problem"), my problem with this show rely on the fact that this very "twist" this medical condition doesn't really help in distinguishing this series from other procedural. A problem on the characters, aside from the top pair the others fall in the background. in the first episode the last part where she goes alone to confront the son is quite stupid (there's no other way to describe it, no gun, no back-up? on can she rely on that if the guy what's name didn't answer the phone?). Last thing I don't think that Poppy Montgomery is lead actor material (recalling from her WaT days).

I quit at the beginning of the second episode: her transitioning into the homicide squad is too fast (and why would they need her so quickly? that doesn't make any sense).

So in the end an unremarkable show, quick to fade from my memory.

• any news on the remaining season two eps?

Any idea or at least word about when they could be aired? Last December the Spain version of AXN aired the whole second season- from ep 1 to 13 - but there's no trace of them yet in an English language...
  • Seven levels past covert

A new super secret wing of crime fighters is created-triple black & well above top secret yada yada yaga blah blah blah. if I hear another person on a TV utter the words 'Federal Agent'. I think I will pop-gotcha-they're not Federal Agents-its different-but it all amounts to the same thing in the end anyway. Well, its actually not a bad show-it does have experienced actors in it so why wouldn't it jokes aside they have really milked the whole 'secret section' stuff over the past few years. Not necessarily a good thing because it would be psychologically supportive for people who are into faking such a thing in real life. It makes such stuff more plausible. Well, TV goes where no man has gone before-that much is certain,
  • I Remember This!

I'm not sure if any show has had quite the roller coaster ride of whether or not it even existed quite like this one. First it airs for a season, then it gets cancelled, then it is brought back for two new seasons before being cancelled again before being brought back again and then cancelled once more. Did you get all that? Meanwhile, it can be hard to keep track of what the overall plot is supposed to be. They started out with Carrie trying to solve the murder of her sister (the event that caused her to stop forgetting things), but I don't think that they ever wrapped that up. It didn't seem resolved after the first season ended and the next two seasons seemed to ignore the story entirely. I'm not sure if the fourth season address this or not as I was not able to see it. I don't know how the show was different on A & E, although I imagine that a cable network would do things differently then CBS would. Regardless, if they had kept out the recurring story line of the first season, the show might have been better since you wouldn't have people like me wondering why you never resolved it. The show is a bit different then most standard dramas, but sadly most are different in some interesting way and it doesn't really set it apart from most shows. What I'm trying to say is that I liked the overall idea of the show and was disappointed that they didn't care enough about the original plot from the first season when it came back to the air. They owed us some sort of resolution and they gave us none. Most of the episodes outside of that story line were pretty good, even if they were mostly just standalone episodes with no other link to them. In the end, I think that this show was better than a lot that I've seen. I just wish they could have explained the death of Carrie's sister.
  • Why has it ended

I cannot believe they have cancelled this show (again). I'm hoping another network will pick it up.
  • Unbelievable Ending

This episode and season ended trying to imply there's more, but at the same time rushed to answer for the relationship between Carrie and Al. Disappointing!

Why did CBS cancel the show. I agree with SamanthaHolly, I hope another network will pick it up.
  • Good premise

The show has a good premise, not always perfectly executed, but I enjoy Poppy Montgomery.
  • ghost whisperer meets csi and dumps good police work.

so the way i see it is.. before i saw the show and didnt know how it was gonna work, my first question was.. how is this girl gonna see things on a murder scene if she wasnt there... unless she sees the past or meets the soul of the victim n tell her what happened idont see it happening..... but then i saw that.. thats actually the key she has to be there to see all that stuff n things going around even after the murder or crime and then take her time to go for more clues and then be like BAM! i know whats up!!... .. kinda like a retarded detective... uknow .. the thing is that it kinda makes look the other detectives be almost useless... uknow but ok well its a different concept and that i appreciate and will stick with it. lets hope things get better and it doesnt loose its track...

• Should have had more life as a series

I'm not happy that it's been cancelled again. The premise works and, even though there are dozens of police procedurals that monopolize the networks, this one had legs if someone in the higher production ranks had the stones to push the premise and the writing. I think the producers gave up on it because they had no skills for seeing value in a well-managed property... let alone managing a property. I'll miss this intelligent and very human series.
  • Liked Season 1

I really liked season 1 but so far I don't care for season 2. I don't like that the detectives from season 1 are gone. I don't like this new focus on "Major Crimes". To me season 1 was a 10, now its more like a 7 to me.
  • Almost perfrect....

I love this show but in a recent scene at a fundraiser - name tags were required. Most everyone had their name tags on their left chest. Name tags are always to be on the right chest of your dress or shirt so as to shake hands and look directly at the name tag to catch the name of the person you are greeting. Someone on staff should have known this --- I did. Keep up the good work - and good luck with the show.
  • Why have the new episodes not been updated on here?

Why have the new episodes not been updated on here?
  • Interesing show.

I wanted to check this show out originally simply because it is interesting because of the fact that the main character can remember everything. I mean, who would want to forget things. haha. Although, no one wants to remember everything either. I have only checked out the first couple episodes because it is on later in the night and i can never keep myself up the entire hour it is on because I get up fairly early in the morning. I am really interested consistantly though. The whole storyline with her sister really gets my attention. "Unforgettable" is not like your typical Crime shows in my opinion. It focuses more on finding the criminal rather than focusing more on the crime scene and evidence like all the CSI shows do.

• I like this show very much.

I enjoy this show. When I first saw the previews, I thought it would be just"O.K." but it's pretty good. It's even better when you realize that this is an actual medical condition, shared by only a handful of people.

I think that Carrie's character needs to be developed further, and I also feel a certain superficiality to the show. I enjoyed Poppy Montgomery very much in Without a Trace: her character, Samantha Spade, was intriguing, damaged and vulnerable. Her interactions with the other team members was complex.
    As Carrie, Samantha does not have the range of emotions, the interactions with her team--in fact, she doesn't seem to have a "team"; there's Carrie, and then there's everyone else, sort of cardboard figures for her to play off of.

I hope that there is much more character developement for all the actors in this show. It has a lot of potential.

WHY does Carrie's hair have to be that awful shade of orange? ;-)

Overall, a good show. Just needs a little "tweaking".

• The revamp is good!

I was worried when CBS announced that Unforgettable would be getting a second season but with a new direction. I had come to like the previous cast and couldn't imagine that a new one would help. But having just finished watching the second episode, I'm wondering why they didn't go this way to start with. The dialog is funny, the stories are good. The cast is balanced and work well together. I love that they didn't lose Jane Curtain. I adore the role they have her in.

So yes. Watch the first season, get to know Carrie and Al. Then enjoy the ride on the second season. It looks like it's going to be a fun one.
  • Aussie fan

are we going to get a episode 8 or not
  • I love Unforgettable! I think it's a great show and it's different and not like all the other "cop" shows. I have been looking forward to this series. I enjoy watching Poppy Montgomery and I love the red hair. Her character is talented and she plays the

I love Unforgettable! I think it's a great show and it's differentand not like all the other "cop" shows. I have been looking forwardto this series. I enjoy watching Poppy Montgomery and I love the red hair. Her character is talented and she plays the memory role well.

• Welcome back!

I almost cried when i saw this had come back.
< 1 2