Unforgettable

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 20, 2011 Between Seasons

karlmeszaros

Unforgettable Fan Reviews (42)

7.7
  • My high hopes were dashed -- I had hoped it would break from the predictable police procedural themes and plots

3.5

I had high hopes for this show . Unfortunately it is stuck in the same old rut as the other 99% of predictable police procedurals.

Friends of the hero are righteous, so when one is suspected we know we just wait for the next interesting character to come along and they will be the ones actually guilty.

Predictable 40 year old plots with only the name changed, a gender change, and the memory gimmick.

Producers and the writers they hire to repeat well known formulas with minor changes need to wake up if they are going to save TV from extinction.

Having a lead character turn out to be evil is not exactly new, but it would be new to US police shows. Try that.

Show the hypocrisy of police who give each other a break because of "the pressure they are under" while in the next moment arresting a single mom or a pediatric oncologist.

I'm not saying have anti-heroes, completely evil leads, because those shows too are old predictable formula shows.

Rather I'm saying mix it up. Have heroes that turn bad, heroes that seem just but are actually hypocritical.

Have the hero dead cop's clearly loving wife turn out to be anything but.

There is a world of possibilities, and if TV and movie producers and writers don't exploit them they will continue to see themselves replaced by computer games and web pages.

• Not Unforgettable.

4.5
    With Poppy Montgomery (Without Trace) and Dylan Ward (Nip Tuck), I'd hoped this crime drama would be sure to please. But poor directing, awkward lines, and some bad acting makes Unforgettable something I'd like to forget. I tried viewing a second episode to give it a chance, but the quality was so poor I turned it off mid way through.
  • ghost whisperer meets csi and dumps good police work.

so the way i see it is.. before i saw the show and didnt know how it was gonna work, my first question was.. how is this girl gonna see things on a murder scene if she wasnt there... unless she sees the past or meets the soul of the victim n tell her what happened idont see it happening..... but then i saw that.. thats actually the key she has to be there to see all that stuff n things going around even after the murder or crime and then take her time to go for more clues and then be like BAM! i know whats up!!... .. kinda like a retarded detective... uknow .. the thing is that it kinda makes look the other detectives be almost useless... uknow but ok well its a different concept and that i appreciate and will stick with it. lets hope things get better and it doesnt loose its track...

• A Little Old To Dress Like That

I liked Poppy in Without a Trace but she dresses like she is still that age. Also do something with the hair she is too old to wear her hair like that. It just looks messy.
  • Almost perfrect....

I love this show but in a recent scene at a fundraiser - name tags were required. Most everyone had their name tags on their left chest. Name tags are always to be on the right chest of your dress or shirt so as to shake hands and look directly at the name tag to catch the name of the person you are greeting. Someone on staff should have known this --- I did. Keep up the good work - and good luck with the show.
  • Easy show to remember watching!!!!

Love Love this show but can someone put some looser clothes on Carrie Wells. Those tight jeans make her look terribly hippie. Other then that keep up the good work. I was so happy when they got the new job in New York. I was also thrilled when Carrie and her old flame got back together. Love the dialogue.

• Way to go

I love this show. It's light, good, funny and humane. The actors go so well together. Whether it's Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh, Dallas Roberts, Jane Curtin, James Hiroyuki Liao or Tawny Cypress. I like them all and I hope the show continues.
  • Where is Episode 6 of season 2?

No Episode 6 yesterday?
  • season 2 stinks

4.5
    1. Where are the other detectives?

2. Why don't they dress up Carey Wells in a cape and put an "S" on her blouse so she becomes superwoman

3. She is getting more and more arrogant

Hated the late season 1 episodes and hating season 2 more.
  • any news on the remaining season two eps?

Any idea or at least word about when they could be aired? Last December the Spain version of AXN aired the whole second season- from ep 1 to 13 - but there's no trace of them yet in an English language...
  • Seven levels past covert

A new super secret wing of crime fighters is created-triple black & well above top secret yada yada yaga blah blah blah. if I hear another person on a TV utter the words 'Federal Agent'. I think I will pop-gotcha-they're not Federal Agents-its different-but it all amounts to the same thing in the end anyway. Well, its actually not a bad show-it does have experienced actors in it so why wouldn't it jokes aside they have really milked the whole 'secret section' stuff over the past few years. Not necessarily a good thing because it would be psychologically supportive for people who are into faking such a thing in real life. It makes such stuff more plausible. Well, TV goes where no man has gone before-that much is certain,
  • Why have the new episodes not been updated on here?

Why have the new episodes not been updated on here?
  • I like this show very much.

I enjoy this show. When I first saw the previews, I thought it would be just"O.K." but it's pretty good. It's even better when you realize that this is an actual medical condition, shared by only a handful of people.

I think that Carrie's character needs to be developed further, and I also feel a certain superficiality to the show. I enjoyed Poppy Montgomery very much in Without a Trace: her character, Samantha Spade, was intriguing, damaged and vulnerable. Her interactions with the other team members was complex.
    As Carrie, Samantha does not have the range of emotions, the interactions with her team--in fact, she doesn't seem to have a "team"; there's Carrie, and then there's everyone else, sort of cardboard figures for her to play off of.

I hope that there is much more character developement for all the actors in this show. It has a lot of potential.

WHY does Carrie's hair have to be that awful shade of orange? ;-)

Overall, a good show. Just needs a little "tweaking".

• The right combination of everything

A typical Sunday night; paging up & down the guide looking for anything entertaining. Saw Jane Curtain's name as part of the cast and that alone convinced me to take a look. Interesting story line, just enough humor and drama. Great chemistry among the cast, though would love to see more of Jane's character.
  • Not happy

This is a good show, stop bringing back bad shows. Let us tell you want WE want to watch, NOT you telling us this is it. I have cancelled my cable a few times when nothing GOOD is on & it's starting to look like it again. GRRRR grab a brain...good is good.
  • I love to watch it !!

please do not take it away . I love all the actors on the series .It"is very interesting.
  • the best crime series ever. dont cancelled unforgettable.

its one of the best crime series on tv. I love it. please continue in the fall shows. please don't cancelled the show. I and my friend love it. keep it on. thank you diane cohen
  • love this show

so glad this show is coming back on, can't wait!
  • The . Flag is wrong color!

Love the show but,,, The . Flag in Elliot Nelson's office is Green and white stripes, not the traditional red and white. Major goof!
  • To much flirting

4.5
    This second season Poppy seems to spend a lot of time flirting with her partner Al .There seems to be the compulsory teasing at the end of every episode and it,s starting to get boring with her,, I could have you any time i like attitude .Maybe it,s because she is one of the producers she thinks it,s a good idea but for me it,s already wearing to the plot lines .
  • This show probably looked better on paper than it did after production...

This is your standard procedural cop show with the added twist of intruducing a lead with a photographic memory who remembers everything she ever sees. Give that lead a mysterious troubled past and team her up with her ex partner and lover and you have the basic structure for this show. On paper it looks like it should work, in practice it fails on every count.

The main character is, whilst undoubtably physically attractive, is somehow strangely unappealing. The character itself comes across as shallow and underdeveloped. Perhaps it is the fault of the scriptwriters but I am more inclined to feel it is the actress who lets down the role instead. Her acting is more unbeleivable than unforgettable.

The main hook in this show centers around the fact that the lead has a photographic memory and remembers everything. Somehow the scripwriters have not only gifter her with the power of total recall but strangely enough her eyesight also seems to improve exponentially too. When recalling a crimescene she can somehow make out perfect details on a tiny picture 20 feet away from her that us mere mortals would struggle to get the same impression even uf we had the photo at reading distance in our own hands. In addition her perfect recall seems only to be triggered when she wants it to be or, when it comes unbidden, only when a key pece of evidence wafts by.

One does get the distinct feeling that, were the lead character not blessed with this perfect recall, her and the rest of the team would not be considered any great asset to law enforcemnt.

As this show has developed the acting has gotten worse and the plot even more unbelievable.

A mediocre show that does not deserve airtime.

• Good premise

The show has a good premise, not always perfectly executed, but I enjoy Poppy Montgomery.
  • The revamp is good!

I was worried when CBS announced that Unforgettable would be getting a second season but with a new direction. I had come to like the previous cast and couldn't imagine that a new one would help. But having just finished watching the second episode, I'm wondering why they didn't go this way to start with. The dialog is funny, the stories are good. The cast is balanced and work well together. I love that they didn't lose Jane Curtain. I adore the role they have her in.

So yes. Watch the first season, get to know Carrie and Al. Then enjoy the ride on the second season. It looks like it's going to be a fun one.
  • Finally Britt was back

Finally in the last episode, Britt Lower was back. I thought she was a regular but was not there for the first episodes. Glad that she is back, she shows great personality and lights up the TV screen, she has great presence. Please keep her on each episode.
  • AMAZING!!!

I have been looking for something to fill in my Tuesday nights while I wait for NCIS: LA to come on. Its like CSI meet Criminal minds in one women, I love that! I will be recommending this show to all my friends. I'm glad a tuned in and I can't wait to watch next week's episode.

• Love the show

Love the show, please keep it going. Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh and Jane Curtain are great together. I agree with MisfitChicks that the original cast was awesome, However, the other crew is growing on me. I never watch television shows on network television only on paid premium channels, but this show has me watching every Sunday before my other HBO show. Please keep the show, and Dylan Walsh is always good to look at hmmmmmm! Thank you Cajungirl
  • Poppy is now arrogant!

Why has Montgomery become so arrogant about her memory gift. There is a scene in every episode now of her showing off. Its really annoying. The constant flirting bit is also annoying. The show was much better when all of this did not happen.
  • Not so special.

5.5

First: I don't really have a problem with procedural with a twist (as some staffer of Tv.com pointed it out as a "problem"), my problem with this show rely on the fact that this very "twist" this medical condition doesn't really help in distinguishing this series from other procedural. A problem on the characters, aside from the top pair the others fall in the background. in the first episode the last part where she goes alone to confront the son is quite stupid (there's no other way to describe it, no gun, no back-up? on can she rely on that if the guy what's name didn't answer the phone?). Last thing I don't think that Poppy Montgomery is lead actor material (recalling from her WaT days).

I quit at the beginning of the second episode: her transitioning into the homicide squad is too fast (and why would they need her so quickly? that doesn't make any sense).

So in the end an unremarkable show, quick to fade from my memory.

• Interesing show.

I wanted to check this show out originally simply because it is interesting because of the fact that the main character can remember everything. I mean, who would want to forget things. haha. Although, no one wants to remember everything either. I have only checked out the first couple episodes because it is on later in the night and i can never keep myself up the entire hour it is on because I get up fairly early in the morning. I am really interested consistantly though. The whole storyline with her sister really gets my attention. "Unforgettable" is not like your typical Crime shows in my opinion. It focuses more on finding the criminal rather than focusing more on the crime scene and evidence like all the CSI shows do.

• I love Unforgettable! I think it's a great show and it's different and not like all the other "cop" shows. I have been looking forward to this series. I enjoy watching Poppy Montgomery and I love the red hair. Her character is talented and she plays the

I love Unforgettable! I think it's a great show and it's differentand not like all the other "cop" shows. I have been looking forwardto this series. I enjoy watching Poppy Montgomery and I love the red hair. Her character is talented and she plays the memory role well.

< 1 2