Unhitched

FOX (ended 2008)

Unhitched Fan Reviews (17)

7.1
  • Horrible!

This show is horrible. Horrible, horrible, horrible. If I had to choose between watching another episode of this horrible show, or having someone kick me in the stomach again and again for half an hour, it would be a toss-up. I really hate being kicked in the stomach, but watching this show is also excruciatingly painful. Some of the worst writing and acting I've ever seen. Wow was this show ever awful. Truly horrible. I have to get to a hundred words so I guess I'll just say again how horrible this show is. No laughs at all. Awful writing. The jokes were juvenile and stupid. What a horrible show!
  • A show about 4 friends who have come out of a bad relationship and who do funny things. Just like family guy!

This is why Fox loses viewers, because they cancelle great shows like this one. I actually gave this show a chance, I was just flipping through channels and found this show and lauged so hard from the first episode. Fox you need to reconsider, most people like these kinds of shows! It was good because right after Family Guy I could watch another funny show. Overall, great show and I wish Fox would reconsider. Otherwise I won't watch Fox again expect for Family Guy. Unhitched was a one of kind show that made me laugh so hard, I will miss it!
  • Clever writing and a good Cast.

This show has a love / hate following and I am in the former. Clever writing and good cast selection make this the funniest show since seinfeld. This show is not for everyone and those that don't like it should stick with shows like Big Brother or American Idol or some other reality show where the content is dumbed down a bit. Unhitched purposefully chooses ridiculous topics that sometimes make you cringe. That is the funny part people! Hope this show gets picked up because it is much better than Friends reruns. Everyone I have convinced to try this show has thought it was very funny.
  • A Crazy,Surprising and sometimes Shocking new "Black" Comedy from Fox (go figure? heh)

Well my wife and I have watched this show since the first episode and the now classic/infamous monkey love scene in the opening minutes...and we love it!

No we're not trailer trash, beer guzzling fiends with IQ points that match our waistband size...we're normal middle class people who can watch "black comedy" for what it is and get a kick out of it ;)

Much like Family Guy (which i think my wife enjoys more than me lol) it seems that nothing is off limits, and for a self deprecating social and personal satire that's exactly as it should be right? Right!

With the latest episode,you know the one about the rat and the microwave heh, yea we both knew that that was going to get some people all worked up. As actual members of PETA (yes I called the Japanese Consulate and voiced my concern and displeasure about the Whale hunting) we can about animals as much or more than the average guy or gal. While we would never condone such actions as the show depicted, we have the ability to separate facts and real life from fiction and comedic satire.

That's ALL this show is folks...it's satire and black comedy. No everyone gets that kind of humor, which is fine and makes the world go around. So if it's NOT your cup of tea then pass the pitcher and choose another show. Please don't tell the wife and me that the show must go simply because "you" personally don't care for it ;)

For those you enjoy crazy, off the wall situations and over the top stereotypes and mocceries...then look no farther because this show will keep you gasping, sometimes cringing and yes "Laughing" at all the insane antics it's cast stumbles into!

Regards & Good Viewing to All :)
  • No other show on TV is doing this sort of big, bold comedy....I love it. It's not taking itslef too seriously and is just plain funny. Love the cast. Love the Farrelly's. Love to see more!

What you have here is a show that's got a very real premise, four people coming off marriages/relationships all getting back into the game, but it's a scary new world---and this show exposes that in a way no other show is doing. Also, the cast genuinely seems to be enjoying themsevles and really seem to like each other which is great. It's clear this show is going go for it, and it may not be for everyone, but if you want to laugh, you're going to want to watch...basically, this show feels fearless to me, like you have no idea what they'll do week in and week out, but I'm sure as hell interested in finding out!
  • Started off funny but most recent episode.... What kind of moron thinks it funny to microwave a rat??? Disgusting, and immature.

1.1
    I have watched the show since the beginning of the series this year. I thought it was funny until the most recent episode which I believe is the season finale....
    What kind of moron thinks it funny to microwave a rat???
    Disgusting, and immature. I will not watch again. Animal cruelty is not funny and especially to microwave a rat, which is a slow and painful death for the poor animal. I lost all interest in the show after seeing that. I hope that people watching this show realize that things like that are not funny and the reality is that idiots really do things like that. Even though at the beginning of the episode the disclaimer read that no animals were hurt in the making if the show... doesn't matter, writers should have found a better way to make the show work.
  • Wow, what can you say about this absolutely horrible show...

1.3
    I watched all of the episodes so far and the ones on last sunday were horrible. I could not imagine that a show could really be this bad. What has happened to witty humor? I mean, what do you expect when it's from the makers of dumb and dumber. Although, I actually found that movie funny. This show, on the other hand, is not. Not one bit. In the last episode it was all about the white, fuzzy haired one was trying to learn a new technique for sex. So the foreign one was trying to teach him. And for 2 mins or so, they were trading off peeing, trying to show who had better control of their penis Seriously. That's what the writers came up with. For god sake, I'm sorry that I ever gave this show a chance. Hopefully, Fox will axe it.
  • The storyline is contemporary and so is the humor, cheat at times. Freddy's lessons on tantric sex are stupid. The complexities of wheelchair-bound character and Kate's response presented well. Freddie's ex-wife has potential. Bring her back.

The episode in which Freddie shows how to pee is sick. The writers it seems cannot write without putting their characters in the bathroom. Doreep's character has great potential. Can contribute immensely to the sensibilities of multiculturalism. Especially in the context of Freddie's character, which is styreotype. Please, try to present the cultural conflicts in a more sensible manner. The other two characters, whose names I forgot, played well. There could be a better connection for Doreep with one of the other guys than Freddie. And then, the conflicts in Freddie's mind could create some interesting storylines in terms of his other relationships.
  • Wow, this show is really that bad.

The pilot was awful but I told myself to give it one more chance. The result was that I should have listened to my instincts. This show is horrible. The writing is bad, the acting is atrocious and come to think about it, I can't find one redeeming aspect to this sitcom. The fact that anybody is willing to watch any more of this dreck fills me with sadness for the television watching public in america. I really hope that Rashida Jones is kicking herself for leaving the office for this piece of dung.

Don't let this junk stay on the air.
  • to bad he had to get a divorce in the frist place but they all seem like nice people in the show so I hope he does well in his next time aroung looking for a soul mate.

I hope it won't encourge divorces but if somebody fails the frist time maybe they really need a sceond chance as long as it's all kept clean that is the important thing. In the preview the people in it did seem to care about other people and caring about somebody is the important thing.I hope they do keep the show clean where people really do care about other people, so the divorce may not seem to hurt so much because a lots of time when somebody gets married they hope it's for the rest of thier life unless thier misable, in the marriage.
  • Too Unoriginal for me.

5.6
    I only gave this show a shot, because my roommate was watching it. A show about older people getting back into the dating see has just been done too many times. This show just reminds me too much of several other sitcoms for it to be entertaining.

If the main characters were a little more interesting. Than perhaps it could be a show i would be likely to get into. Overall, it's my opinion, and yes just one of many. But this show should never have made it pas the screening room. But, only time will tell if it will last or not.
  • Slapstick comedy with a twist, but definitely worth a watch. If you're not paying attention, some of the jokes are probably going to go over your head.

If the jokes do go over your head, you'll not like this show. Everyone who watched it with me thought the show was trash but like someone already commented, don't judge it by the pilot and certainly just because the humor is slapstick, don't turn off your brain and just watch. There are jokes coming at a rapid pace and if you're the typical TV watcher, you're probably only looking for physical comedy and you'll miss the point of the show's misdirected jokes each time. Kind of like Arrested Development's jokes, and how people never got that amazing show. Fox just has bad luck with comedies that aren't animated, after Martin went off of the air. I think this show will not last long due to the attention spans of most American viewers, because the comedy is not the same typical, formulaic stuff we've been programmed to watch- which while good for the show, is also going to be it's downfall. People want to watch the shows of the nature that the movie Idiocracy pointed out. LOL I like the jokes of this show, I hope it gets better and stays on the air.
  • Reviewing a show based on the pilot is dangerous business. In retrospect, some of my favorite series had terrible debuts. When I see the first Seinfeld or Cheers episode in reruns, they appear amateurish. That's not the case with Unhitched...

This pilot went for the jugular from the opening scene with a Menage Orangutan. It is what you might expect when the Farrelly Brothers (more specifically, Peter) 'tone it down' for TV. The second scene features a Seinfeld-like meeting of the four series stars (three guys and a gal) where we get a little background on each while Jack Gailey (Craig Bierko) gets a rectal exam from his doctor/friend, Fred.

Rashid Jones (Office) is dating a leprechaun, Johnny Sneed picks up girls more often than we pick up our cleaning and our doctor friend has birthday dates with hookers when he is not being 'beaten off with a stick' by the nurses at the hospital. This series is not for the faint of heart.

It might sound like sex, sex, sex - but it's not. There is some very good writing going on here if you don't let your ears and eyes get burned out by the sizzle. Bierko and Sneed seem as though they have been friends for twenty years or more from the outset. That's a good sign. It's already reminiscent of the way Jerry and George seemed like friends from high school and Frasier and Niles had known each other since birth. Seinfeld debuted nearly 20 years ago. This is an updated version, here in 2008. There are only so many group dynamics that work in TV, and three single guys and a girl living in New York is one of the best. Nothing wrong with that.
  • The most mediocre sitcom, that in the first scene once you see the monkey you know it's going to fail. Why would FOX even attempt to air this show, they know it's not going anywhere. No sane person could possibly like this show.

This is the sorriest excuse for a show i've ever seen. How it made it to air shows the poor quality of FOX programming. This sitcom shows the mediocrity being imposed on society as a whole. This show is textbook sitcom Friends/Seinfeld wannabe. The opening scene has a man having sex, when a monkey attacks him. The writing is just terrible, i'm sure the actors are capable, but when you have writing this bad, were people aren't even trying to make a good show, then it has no chance of success. I would bet my life, and all the money i have that this show does not get picked up.
  • Completely worthless show. I want the 1/2 hour I wasted watching this back.

Just got done watching the pilot episode of this "new" series. It is the same boring humor that has been vomited into syndication again and again. Its not even remotely funny, but to attempt to make up for the totally useless humor, they attempt to "shock" with grossness. 2 Thumbs down, hope it gets canceled soon. I'm sure another show that is even .001% better can be found easily to fill the slot that would be created if FOX dumped this pathetic attempt at yet another "friends" type show that lacks any realism or any sense of real humor. I know I for 1 will be changing the channel as soon as I hear this show is up next. Waste of film.
  • Pure garbage.

This show, is well, terrible. Another comedy that FOX hyped up and it turned out to be as bad as Back to You and Happy Hour. The characters are some of the most unlikeable people I have ever seen in a show. There's nothing special about them, plus their acting is not even decent, at all. The plot didn't have much direction until half of the show, and pulled off some awkward moments that aren't funny or shocking. And speaking of funny, this has to be the most unfunny crap that I've seen since Back to You.

There aren't that many jokes, and most of them have been done before and done better in previous shows. It doesn't even seem to be a comedy, most of the time it's like a drama, a badly written drama. There's also some sex jokes, but they have been done so terribly that you wouldn't even know when to laugh or not, like the other jokes as well. In the commercial, it was called "comedy of the year". If so, 2008 must be the worst year for comedies then when it comes to new ones. Bottom line, the jokes are old, poorly done, and simply aren't funny.

I wanted to like this show because I like comedies, but in between the unlikeable characters, bad jokes, poorly written plot and horrible acting, I simply can't like this show for what it is. The more it becomes like this, the worse it gets. Who knows, this might end up being the worst show ever made. In conclusion, you can give this show a shot, but I can't guarantee that you'll like it, because certainly didn't, and I don't think I'll ever will either.
  • I only wish I got this show!!! Unfortunately, I FOX is not included in my cable package, however, I am going to be checking back each week to see a clip from this new show. This show is going to be right up there with "Seinfeld" and "Friends"

Shaun Majumder is one of my favorites!!! I LOVE THIS GUY!!!!! I have watched him in everything he has done and I have seen him several times in person at comedy fests. (I don't know if he remembers, but I met him one time at the Hfx Airport....went up and asked if he was the "Poofie" and had my pic taken with him). I will be keeping an eye on show show and hope it goes to #1 WITH A BULLET!!!! I may even have to upgrade my cable package to include FOX TV now....otherwise, will be logging on to watch clips from each show!