Unnatural History Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2010)

Anyway to Bring It Back?

JSparrowGirl

[1]Dec 31, 2010
    • level: 15

I know that generally when a show is cancelled, it's gone for good, but I was just wondering if anyone here knows of anyway we could get the show back? I know its a long shot, an incredibly long and unlikely shot, but I loved this show. The plans for the second season were already made, it had a decent sized fan base (for Cartoon Network) and I'm sure the cast and crew would love to have their jobs back. I know it's far more likely thatBigfootwill do a duet with LouisArmstrong, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of anyway it could be done. I know it's been done for other shows (Kim Possible, Furturama and more) so I still want tobelievethere is hope, because I actually started enjoying Cartoon Network for the first time in a LONG time when this came on.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Just_Jos

[2]Jan 3, 2011
    • level: 11

Actually Mike Werb (the creator of the show), considered having the show picked up on another network, but the deal fell through. But he revealed his plans if the had been renewed. Pretty AWESOME stuff.

SEASON 2 THOUGHTS for those interested: I had planned a 2-part opener with extreme adventures involving Genghis Khan's tomb, a Mongolian death worm, Henry's disappearance in a sand storm, the rescue of a newborn camel as well as Henry's parents and uncle Bryan. The rest of season 2 (upon the leads return to DC) would have covered subjects ranging from the kids finding the 18 1/2 minute gap of the Nixon/Watergate tapes, Hemingway's lost novel, vampire finches (they really exist), a Stradivarius violin, a Native American mystery, DB Cooper, the underground railroad, etc. etc etc — plus a deepening of the triangular relationship between Henry, Maggie and Jasper, the return of Jasper's mother from France — among other familial and emotional issues set against historical and scientific adventures.

Anyway, for the handful reading this — wishing you all a happy, healthy 2011.

Mike Werb, creator, Unnatural History

Source: http://www.deadline.com/2010/12/unnatural-history-creator-mike-werb-on-shows-cancellation-his-season-2-plans/

The show is done for , but there is a petition for a DVD release.

HopeRicardo

[3]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 1

um...lets make a petition for the show get as many people as possible to sign it i will sign it so come on lets save the bestest television show ever invesnted and get it brought back for another season i loved it so much please please please and also does anyone know when season 1 will be released on DVD??? please i want to get it on DVD

b-six

[4]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 2

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DVD-Release-of-Unnatural-History-Season-One/183490668333917#!/pages/DVD-Release-of-Unnatural-History-Season-One/183490668333917

Kalakadusty

[5]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 5

I completely agree. Ihadn't watched CN since pretty much 2007, then when this came on I was hooked. I thought the effects, story, and actors were extremely awesome, if you were to compare this show to any or all the otherjunk on on Nick or Disney, (iCarly, Wizards of whatever, etc, etc,) Unnatural History is leaps and bounds better in every way, CN was stupid not to have ordered a second season or originally order 26 episodes (like theyhave in the past)they atleast should do a TV movie to close the series or something.

K.

DelilahGiorda

[6]Feb 22, 2012
    • level: 1

http://www.facebook.com/groups/272208392816207/

maybe if alot of people join cartoon network may bring it back i hope so i LOVED this show please join. one and all.