Unnatural History Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2010)

What do you think of this show?

LostSasuske

[1]Jun 19, 2010
    • level: 6

Anyone have thoughts on this show so far?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ChrisSaravia

[2]Jun 20, 2010
    • level: 1

sucks in my opinon. its CARTOONnetwork, this is just some lame white kid finding clues. i dont know i find it boring, my gf's nieces find it boring and they are 2 and 9. we switch the channal to nickelodeon. i have no idea what age group they are targeting but my 15 year brother thinks its lame too. enough said.

evsoccer12

[3]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 2
    I am 24 and i really enjoyed this show. my brother is 20 and my mother also liked it. it reminded me of a national treasure or indiana jones type show. kinda cheesy but keeps me entertained. they need more shows like this on kids networks and not more shows about three friends and who is getting together with who. i am so sick of my younger cousins watching dumb shows like icarly and hanna Montana.

SuperTam

[4]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 19

I like it. Each episode shows brilliance on the part of the writers. Getting sick from touching silver, finding Sputnik and keeping it out of the hands of the Russians. You don't see enough of that today.

MalcolmCox

[5]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 2

Agreed, I like this show too, It's a brilliant change for the channel, even if it is 'Cartoon' network. Keen writing and good characters.

SpongeBob_SP

[6]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 8
    I'm liking it a lot so far. There aren't enough adventure shows nowadays, and I love that the stories are believable. I've enjoyed every episode so far.

zitzitta

[7]Jul 3, 2010
    It's surprisingly good. Both young and adults enjoy it so I don't understand one thing: why isn't the next episoed posted? Has this been canceled, too?

tdroege6

[8]Jul 4, 2010
    • level: 4

I really, really like this show! I mean when I first saw it on Itunes for free i wasn't into it at all. I mean cartoon Network? lol but once I downloaded it and gave it a chance I actually really loved it! Its like Harry Potter only minus the magic and the broomsticks. The three characters are lovable, funny and they have really good chemistry! The story line is modern and funny but also fasinating! I love the historical aspect. Its a great show!!! WATCH IT Smile

Milli

[9]Jul 5, 2010
    • level: 7

It took me a while to like this show but it is now entertaining it is a shame that it has supposedly been canceled after 3 episodes

jcd91

[10]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 24
    I haven't watched Cartoon Network in years, but I now watch everytime this show is on! I think it's a pretty awesome show. Also it hasn't been cancelled, according to Kevin Schmidt on his Twitter page he said "Movin on up to Tuesday! "Unnatural History" is settling into a new home on Tuesdays NEW EPISODE July 13th 8PM E/P! Spread the word!" The marathon of the show is still taking place on Sunday night, not sure if a new episode will follow or not.

sesho2022

[11]Jul 11, 2010
    • level: 47
    Great show with fun plots, snappy dialogue, humor and great characters. I love the premise of Henry, someone not up to date with American culture, but knowledgeable in weird trivia from other cultures.

adinammr4

[12]Jul 12, 2010
    • level: 7

I really enjoyed it, and I'm 22. I can't wait for the next episode. Such great plots that keep you interested. What a fun show!

zitzitta

[13]Jul 13, 2010
    jcd91 wrote:
    I haven't watched Cartoon Network in years, but I now watch everytime this show is on! I think it's a pretty awesome show. Also it hasn't been cancelled, according to Kevin Schmidt on his Twitter page he said "Movin on up to Tuesday! "Unnatural History" is settling into a new home on Tuesdays NEW EPISODE July 13th 8PM E/P! Spread the word!" The marathon of the show is still taking place on Sunday night, not sure if a new episode will follow or not.

Thanks a lot for the heads-up! I was beginning to get worried, actually...

Just_Jos

[14]Jul 20, 2010
    • level: 11

This show is AWESOME.

pokemon152

[15]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 4

In my opinion, it sucks. Enough said.

chicamusica12

[16]Jul 29, 2010
    • level: 13
    I liked it. Sure it can get narmy, and sometimes the acting isn't the best. Plus the main character is a total, if not bordering, Marty Stu

But still better than the other stupid live action crap on CN

Southparkfa

[18]Aug 1, 2010
    • level: 18

First of all, showing a live action on Cartoon Network is like showing a sci-fi show on Tv Land: makes no sense. Live action and Cartoons don't mix well, and this show is another example of that. I don't think it sucks (I think it's about a 5 or mediocre) I just think that 1. They should show this on a different channel(i.e.: nick, Disney) because on Cartoon Network I want to watch shows like Ed, Edd, and Eddy or Chowder, not Live action like this or destroy build destroy, as I feel it's wasting the network's time (it's CARTOONnetwork for god's sake) 2. If they are going to show Live action, it needs to be at a much later time, like during the adult swim block, that way the children don't have to watch this after-school everyday. So I think this show is ok, but misplaced channel-wise.

Skullduggery20

[19]Aug 1, 2010
    • level: 3

Southparkfa wrote:

First of all, showing a live action on Cartoon Network is like showing a sci-fi show on Tv Land: makes no sense. Live action and Cartoons don't mix well, and this show is another example of that. I don't think it sucks (I think it's about a 5 or mediocre) I just think that 1. They should show this on a different channel(i.e.: nick, Disney) because on Cartoon Network I want to watch shows like Ed, Edd, and Eddy or Chowder, not Live action like this or destroy build destroy, as I feel it's wasting the network's time (it's CARTOONnetwork for god's sake) 2. If they are going to show Live action, it needs to be at a much later time, like during the adult swim block, that way the children don't have to watch this after-school everyday. So I think this show is ok, but misplaced channel-wise.

It isn't misplaced the channels chaging just like the history channel things don't work out alot of people dropped after toonami after they wanted it off so ratings slipped now ratings are back up with live action programs so it's obvious they've kept the channel alive.Also tv land does show scifi shows please understand what the channels about before talking like you know about it.

Edited on 08/01/2010 4:29pm

Southparkfa

[20]Aug 2, 2010
    • level: 18

Skullduggery20 wrote:

Southparkfa wrote:

It isn't misplaced the channels chaging just like the history channel things don't work out alot of people dropped after toonami after they wanted it off so ratings slipped now ratings are back up with live action programs so it's obvious they've kept the channel alive.Also tv land does show scifi shows please understand what the channels about before talking like you know about it.

I think it is misplaced. If you look at forums for live-action shows on Cartoon Network (not this one, Destroy, Build, Destroy ex) you'll see very negative comments about the shows being horrible, and that they should do Cartoons not live action. Many people actually liked Toonami, and while I do agree with you that the ratings dropped after that, but adding in shows about Destroying stuff, and Historical storiesis not what a majority of people come to Cartoon Network to watch. I think it's fine to reinvent, but I want them to stick by their namesake and produce decent cartoons, not live action. That's for other channels.