Unsolved Mysteries

NBC Premiered Oct 05, 1988 In Season

boechsner

Unsolved Mysteries Fan Reviews (40)

• The best show that they ever put on tv

I am a very loyal and huge unsolved mystery fan I have watched the show all of my life and watched the show every week. I even memorized the unsolved mystery phone number. I never missed an episode if I could help it. I watched the show since I was 7 or 8 and through all of my teenage years. I absolutely love this show
  • Unsolved Murder's in Owsley County KY

We have 10+ unsolved murders here in this county. One triple and two doubles. Several single one's. The Law has been unable to find anything out. My Lady friends Dad was killed in the triple in May 24 2005 Tom Barrett Please help?????
  • John Wilkes Booth

In 2009 the show did a part on Booth saying he got away after he killed Lincoln. He did, but he didnt go where they though he did. He went north to Mass. where he stayed with my father inlaws famly. Then when they though it was safe they moved him to Alabama where he stayed with the Claspell family until he passed away in the early 1900s. he was layed to rest next to my inlaws great grandfather. My father inlaw has pictuers of him with his family members over the years and letters to prove it.
  • wish we knew....

i always loved watching this show ,but now i wanted to find out if there would be someone that could help a real good friend..his dad was killed in mansfield in 1988 and they still dont know what happen to this day...so i didnt know if unsolved mysterys could help us find the killer and the truth...if not ur still a ass kicking show and i will watch it every time its on......
  • A show that changes with the network it's on. Maybe it should of ended after the CBS years.

Ah, Unsolved Mysteries. Used to watch it with the parents in the late 80's/early 90s. I enjoyed the more parnormal stories.. Aliens, ghost, what have you, and the early episodes often had at least 1 story in the paranormal range. Once the show left the major networks and moved to Lifetime, the stories focused more and more on missing person, miracles, and other female aimed stories. The show slowly died, and I can see why I rarely had intrest in these made-for-Lifetime-women episodes.

Now it has been brought back through Spike TV..and for 175 more episodes? Well, I was excited to find this out, but after watching most of the first 4, and seeinf articles that Spike aiming at typical stereotype macho-man audiences will shift the focus to "more action based stories"...or in the viewers terms...murder, rape, murder, robbery, murder, stalker, violence. Hmmm...I hope they reconsider..apparently they think people that will watch the show now are "too young to remember the original broadcast show (I'm 25..trust me, I remember, Spike), and would never watch it on Lifetime (If you like a show..it shouldn't matter what channel it airs on tv viewers"....wow....SpikeTV at it's best...

The show needs to feature more of a variety of stories like the original NBC and CBS versions..in short, I am, so far, greatly disappointed in the return of this show...maybe it was better off dead, but that's just one man's opinion.
  • Way Gone past prime.

0.8
    How can this show be serious, it is way past its prime. The show is from what the 80\'s it is not seriously a true show it is way crazy, and cannot be a true show with power and such.. what a peice of crap show. This is soo junk.
  • Made me scared.

When watching this show when I was little, I really got scared watching it. I know that it was all true stories and it made me really nervous and also very paranoid. But the thing is, I got a sick thrill in that show. I liked the mystery and the story-telling from the beginning. It was interesting to see the stories and also to see if the mysteries were ever solved. I often tried to solve them myself. Either way, I enjoyed most parts of the show even if it gave me some bad nightmares and made it difficult to sleep. Thank you.
  • This show has always been a favourite of mine. I grew up watching it and would love to be able to watch new stuff instead of watching reruns.

I grew up watching this show. There is so much you can learn from them. It is informative and I think it can help a person to stay safe. The downside of it is that it could make a person paranoid but any drama or action show could do that to a person. This show has always been a favourite of mine. I still watch reruns but it would be great if they could bring out another series of it. There is so much new technology out there these days and to be able to learn about it would be fantastic.
  • This Is not A review but news Instead.

A case that was first profiled entitled, The San Marino Bones(Friday July 7, 1995) focused on An enigmatic Individual who called himself Christopher Chichester. Chichester claimed to be a member of the British Royal Family. Chichester had taken up residence in garage that was converted into an apartment by a couple named John & Linda Sohus. The Sohus couple lived in San Marino, California. This was back in 1983, but then in 1985, John & Linda Sohus disappeared. Chichester told John Sohus's mother Didi that they were secret agents on assignment in Europe. The Sohus's family & friends received postcards from the Sohus's & then no sign of anything having to do with the Sohus's until 1987, when Chichester tried to sell John Sohus's pick-up in Connecticut. The San Marino police were notified but when they were about to question Chichester, he like the Sohus's, had disappeared.

In 1994, the state of California sold the Sohus residence at auction & the new owners wasted no time in renovating. In the dig for A pool, human remains were discovered. DNA testing In 1994 could not conclusively determine if they were indeed what was left of John Sohus.

Recently, we have been engrossed in the case of A man calling himself Clark Rockefeller. Rockefeller had kidnapped his 7 year old daughter Reigh In Boston & took her to Baltimore where thanks to A tip called in to the FBI, Reigh & Clark Rockefeller were found. Reigh was returned to her mother & Clark Rockefeller is now facing charges on kidnapping, assault & custodial interference.

Rockefeller has now been put under the microscope & the biggest shock Is not the fact that he is not A member of the wealthy American family but A man named Christian Karl Gerhartstreiter from Siegsdorf, Germany. Investigators had learned that among Gerhartstreiter's many aliases was Christopher Chichester!!! Today, San Marino police are looking At Gerhartstreiter As A person of interest In the murder of John & the disappearance of Linda Sohus. The remains found have recently been confirmed As being those of John Sohus & the former Sohus home Is being reinvestigated in the hope that the remains of Linda Sohus can located.

So I think now we can call the Sohus case solved!!! It is just A shame that Robert Stack died long before this break in the case was unearthed.
  • I loved this show and made a point of never missing it.

This show used to come on Lifetime about four times a day and I watched every one of them. I was so intrigued in this show and became obsessed with one particular story. It never was solved and to this day, I often wonder what happen in this one case. Robert Stack was the perfect host for this show. He made it so mysterious and matched with the mood of the show. I enjoyed every episode and hope that one day they will bring it back. They would need to get an amazing host like Robert Stack though to make it as good as it once was. Until then...
  • What a great show.

I have to say I truely miss this show. I watched it a lot. I remember my most memorible show was when I watched Unsolved Mysteries at my grandfather's house. He didn't really get it and wasn't too impressed but watched it with me and after it was over he explained that the couch that was located in his living room was placed in the same place where someone had died in his home years ago. I have to say that night I didn't sleep too well if at all. But, I did remember watching it alot and enjoyed most every show. The only one I didn't care for was the one based in Gettysburg, PA. It really didn't show a lot of the town and half the stories. After I married my husband we went to Gettysburg and he told me of when he was there and the show had kicked him out of different parts of the park. Wierd~ Either way. I liked the show.
  • This show really creeped me out!

I'm not sure why this show freaked me out so bad, but all I can really remember about it is watching it with all the lights on. Maybe it was Robert Stack's booming voice, or the twighlight zone like theme song they always had-but it freaked me out. As a show, overall, Unsolved Mysteries was just ok. But, I think this show along with America's Most Wanted ushered in a small herd of other shows that do crime scene re-enactments. So, in that way Unsolved Mysteries was very influential. Nothing more can be said except I hope I never have to watch this again as an adult-as I kid, I couldn't handle it.
  • Among the greatest in non-fiction programming.

I watched Unsolved Mysteries for the vast majority of its primetime run. It began in the spring of 1989, when I watched the episode that included a segment about the 1988 murder of Lisa Kimmel (a case that was eventually solved). After that, I became increasingly invested in the show, remaining devoted to it from its NBC run to its CBS run and its Lifetime run.

Now, it has been recently announced that Unsolved Mysteries will return to television later this year, this time on Spike TV. Although it will be a revamped edition of the show, featuring old cases along with new updates, I suspect it is actually a prelude to new episodes. In fact, I believe that new episodes of Unsolved Mysteries are inevitable.

With Robert Stack now deceased, it will be difficult to contemplate the idea of Unsolved Mysteries continuing with a new host. But let's hope and pray that the powers-that-be will make a careful and sensible hiring decision.
  • a question

do anyone remember see the segment where a guy went to a side show where they had an iceman he thought that it looked quite real then he left and can back and brought a magnafind glass. He thought after that he thought it was real. he had another guy go in and look at it when he came out i dont think he said anything.The guy agreed to let a sheriff come in and look at it. Then the guy disappeared with the ice man? can you tell me where to find information on this one? melissa you can email me about it at sunlight2231960aol.com
  • Really good!

Now, I have only seen a couple episodes of Unsolved Mysteries, but when it is on every now and then, I watch it. To be honest, I wish it was on more often. This is a great show. It is also very important for the viewer, because remember, everything in the show is real. Real and true. Some stories are really creepy, some are sad, some are spooky, some are just down right horrifying. Either way, no matter what the story is, it is real.

Here is the basis of Unsolved Mysteries. Robert Stack hosts this show. The viewer is shown a story. The story is a real life story about UFO sightings, murders, missing people, and so forth. They usually end up in a mystery, hence the title "Unsolved Mysteries." There are re-enactments of the story, and there are also interviews with the people in the story. Robert then tells the viewers that if they have any information about the story, contact them. The viewers do help, because in almost every episode, they show the conclusion to the story with the help of the viewer.

Overall, this is a great show. I wish it was still on, but you know, Robert Stack is dead so I do not think that will happen anytime soon. I encourage you to watch this show when it is on, not for the pure entertainment, but because of the importance of the show. It tells you what can happen in real life. Anyway, this is an important show that is not only exciting and tense, but it is also fantastic.
  • unsolved crimes shown in stories

this show is great. i love any show that sepicts crimes, missing ppl, or anything solved. this show did it all from unsolved murders to alien abduction!!! the host robert stack did a great job with the narration...something about his voice. i grew up watching this show..and my fascination for crime probly steams from this. my fave stories were the unsolved murders, missing ppl and alien abductions....i wasnt to keen on the lost loves...they were either really depressing or too mushy....thats just me.

everything about this show was great. all the stories were informative or emotional. if any one has not seen this they should
  • Great show that made success.

This show was a great one and deserves to be respected and it was good because they used to try to solve mysteries that had happened to people in the past and also it had made a success in television but the show got cancelled and I would like it the show could continue but unfortunelly time passes but this show marked an important thing in solving mysteries but most of them were unsolved and the show I really enjoyed watching it and in my opinion it was very informative because it showed us great mysteries and stories of victims of tragic moments. But I think this show is kind of different compared to other shows because the mysteries were unsolved but it was indeed a great series.
  • How could they cancel this?

I don't know how or why they would have cancelled this show! I've been watching this show since I was a kid way back when! I credit this show for getting me to love crime shows and nudging me in the right direction for my current passion of forensics. I love the episodes where they showed paranormal, medical or alien mysteries. As far as I know (I was pretty young though) this was the only show around in those days that did those kind of investigations and actually showed what was really going on in the world around us. I hope they decide to bring this show back! I'll still watch the old episodes from back in the day but I'd love to see some new ones!
  • A show that always had me thinking. It was definitely ahead of its time!

I remember watching this with my family while I was growing up. I read someone that alluded to the fact that this WAS reality TV before it became cliche. This was THE show to watch. I've even resorted to watching reruns on cable whenever I can! The music was often creepy or somber, the content was intriguing. I miss the diversity of stories, the updates (whenever possible), and the way that each show always kept the audience wondering...

I miss this show and wish it was remade. Though most of the stories that I remember were based in the United States, it would be awesome to see this again with one segment going international in each episode. I think it would broaden its viewer base , and have even more appeal. If I were some executive in the world of network TV, I'd try to make this happen!
  • A show that sparked your interest, I miss it.

Unsolved Mysteries always had something interesting on it. I remember the episode about the guy who went under hypnosis or something and discovered that he may possibly be the reincarnation of a past army soldier. This case sparked my interest in reincarnation and past lives, which as a result caused me to do more research on it. Unfortunately, when Unsolved Mysteries was cancelled I was only 10 years old. I remember when my parents would watch Unsolved Mysteries when I was just a little kid. It would scare me back then. I remember in one of the episodes about the ghosts I was afraid to have a radio in my room because I was afraid it would start randomally going off. Which, actually happened to my grandma. That itself was sort of a msytery. By the time I was old enough to understand Unsolved Mysteries it was cancelled. And now that I grew to love it Lifetime has taken it off the air. I miss it.
  • The host is so unintentionally scary.

I love this show. Although it made you feel creepy watching it. I can remember the eerie theme song {chills}. The show ranged from many themes like: missing person, the unexplained, reunions and cold case files. The host, Robert Stack, is so scary. Maybe it's his look or the sound of his voice. All and all, it's a great show; just dont watch it alone.
  • The first series to go after criminals

I think I read somewhere that America's Most Wanted is considered the first reality show of it's kind; that is so not true. Long before it started on the then fledgling Fox network, Unsolved Mysteries was a one time special hosted by Karl Malden, and then a few months later, Raymond Burr hosted for one episode. It was only after AMW began that Unsolved Mysteries was a regular series with Robert Stack as its permanently entrenched host. The show also had a better scope for stories than AMW ever did by pursuing lost legends, ghost stories, lost heirs and strange deaths along with lost criminals. As long as there were mysteries to be solved, Unsolved was there. Even now that the stories is off primetime, the series has made a new life in syndication with the Lifetime channel running new episodes in its huge bank or reruns, some of which have been rerun over a million times long after the criminals had been caught. Someone needs to get on the ball and re-edit the reruns for the little seen mysteries to be rerun.
  • From Ghosts to Murders, unsolved mysteries covers it all! Leave your nightlight on! :)

As a kid I remember thinking, "Oh if mom saw what I am watching on T.V. right now she'd kill me!" Skip the cartoons! This show would creep me out but I was hooked. I just recently had thoughts about the show! I made a trip to Best Buy and actually found a collection on Ghost Stories. His scary almost perfect narritive voice brought me right back. I almost wasn't able to turn off the lights! BRING IT BACK! :D
  • Now this is a reality show.

Unsolved mysteries came long before Survivor and its dreaded clones. The show came out with the same kind of show like america's most wanted. This show is both a reenactment show and a public service announcement. People can phone in the show for tips about wanted fugitives just like America's Most Wanted. Even though you've got no tips that you can offer to the police, not a problem, you can still enjoy the show since it's doubles as a weekly documentary/reality show. This is a kind of reality show that matters, it's not trash like survivor or the other survivor wannabee garbage.
  • i love the show always have

i love to watch unsolved mysteries,it one of my
    all time favorites i would like to see more of it
    although it will never be the same show without
    robert stack,but i would like to see another although
    it wouldnt be robert stack if the show was the same
    except without robert stack i think it would be a hit
    but then the old ones wouldnt air as much and i personally
    would rather watch the old show with robert stack
    i always watched the show when i was a kid and still watch it and its one of the show that i do watch consistently
  • What?

1.7
    I don\'t understand this show. Nothing gets answered, they don\'t prove anything. I bet that everything in the show is made up. They try to scare me but I hide behind the couch so the ghosts in the tv won\'t see me. Anywho the show is about presenting not proving unsolved mysteries. One episode they brought in a high frequency measure and hear a girl saying save me i\'m drowning. Half an hour later they relized the mom was in the downstairs pool. Oh well.
  • It would awesome if they brought it back but...

..It wouldn't be as good. One of the reasons why I love this show is because of Robert Stack. He did such a great job hosting this show. Now that he's dead, if they brought it back, they would have to find somebody else to host, and they won't be nearly as good.
    Another reason why I love this show is because I've always been fasinated by the unknown and the unsolved. I love suspense.
    As much as I love this show, I don't like how people have to complain that it got canceled. Why? It's still on. And there's over 500 episodes. I'm just happy with what I've got.
  • This show was awsome, bring it back!

Bring it back, but update it a bit though. The music was cool. The reenacments were cool too. We can nvr run out of stories.

This show talked about eerie things like haunted places, deaths, lost loves, and there updates were cool too.
    Its not the same though watching there reruns. Bring it back...and to prime time.
  • I loved this show. It was very helpful and should have never left.

This show is like Americas Most Wanted. It helps find murderers, kidnappers, lost loves and children. It also touched sometimes on ghosts, ufos, and legends. I love this show and still watch repeats sometimes on the lifetime channel. It would help catch criminals just as Americas most wanted does. I think it should be brought back.
  • Love It. Love It. Love. It.

This show it great. I have seen almost [I'm sure there are a few I haven't seen] every episode, several several times, and it never seems to get boring or old.

Yes, the Miracles ones and Lost Loves can get old, but the murder and bank robber ones are just amazing and never get old, i also enjoy the Legends ones, when they are about a re-thinking about a Legend, from JFK, to Martin Luther King, Jr. murders. Thanks god for Lifetime airing this show for so many years, and everyday for so long. Thank you Lifetime TV.

Watch it, and Love it.