Up All Night

NBC (ended 2012)

neomichel

Up All Night Fan Reviews (6)

7.2
  • I love the cast but...

This show was really cute when it first came out. I love the cast. Most of the first season was funny. 2nd season though kinda went all over the place. I miss Ava having a show, her character made more sense when she had a talk show. Now she's just this crazy rich lady. The main couple gets annoying after a while. Second season is mostly just them trying to prove to themselves that they are still cool and still young. The show in general doesn't seem to have a real identity. All of the plot and character changes that have happened in just 2 seasons were more than what most shows would happen over 5 or 6 seasons. I'm still hoping for a turn around for this one though. I'm routing for them.
  • "Up all Night"

I hardly think this show is about raising the baby and being "up all night" as we were lead to believe it's mostly about this couple and their careers falling apart and they hang out with friends, but I watch every episode :/
  • Watch Up All Night Online

Up All Night is back with more funny episodes, and don't forget to watch Up All Night's premiere Sept 20 on XFINITY TV.
  • This is a new NBC comedy starring Christina Applegate, Will Arnett & Maya Rudolph. Reagan Brinkley returns to work leaving her husband home to take care of their new baby.

Reagan returns to work at a talk show hosted by Ava. Reagan's in control with all the answers while Ava is insecure & just plain annoying. Meanwhile, Chris is home with the baby struggling to keep it all together. This is supposed to be a comedy about how new parents cope with parenthood. How did these 2 decide to cope with their new found responsibilities? They went to a Karaoke bar, got drunk & stayed out all night long. Then complained when they are awakened by the baby, Amy, crying. Who's going to take care of her & how do you make her stop crying? Comedies are supposed to make you laugh, right? Then why didn't I laugh a single time? This wasn't an awful show but it wasn't good either. Maybe my expectations are too high but when I watch a comedy I want to laugh and this show just didn't make that happen!

• It's okay.

This could easily have been a cloying sit-no-com.

Originally, in a pilot version reporters saw last summer, Maya Rudolph played an over-the-top p.r. titan -- and it didn't work.

In the revamp, she's an Oprah-type TV guru. And it really works.

The makeover has helped morph the series from unwatchable and unfunny into a witty sitcom about people who are desperate not to turn into TV sitcom parents.

It still has its flaws. The whole idea of lawyer-husband Chris becoming a stay-at-home dad just so that mom Reagan can continue working is ridiculous.

Has no one ever heard of nannies in their world?

Buy the premise, buy the package.

• With the spectre of mid life crisis in sight for generation X...'Up All Night' is like a straight shot of novicaneright inthe brain.

5.5

I've been a fan of Christina Appelgate ever since 'Married with Children' and 'Up All Night' is by far the most low key and toned down thing I've seen her in to date. This show tries to be smart and sophisticated in a low key kind of way and it succeedes in this respect just a little too well for it's own good. Now that generation X is progressing well into the mystical land of mid-life crisis, I can understand how the producers are making the attempt to capitalize on this. They've done the job just a little two well for my taste. It is by turns almost, but not quite funny...almost, but not quite endearing. Seems to lack the zip or the little something special to keep me watching on a regular basis. It made my brain feel the way my face feels just after a visit to the dentist. Itmight havesome appeal for 30-40 year oldcareer establishedtypes out there who may be pondering the question; "What's next in life for me?", but I'm past that stage in life now, and 'Up All Night' left me a little numb..,.