Upright Citizens Brigade

Comedy Central (ended 2000)

Upright Citizens Brigade Fan Reviews (6)

• The most amazing sketch comedy and improv that exists in the history of the world...period!

UCB is the most amazing and intelligent sketch comedy and improv that there is! there is absolutely nothing else like it anywhere!!!! I fell in love with the Upright Citizens Brigade when I first saw them on Comedy Central. Anyone who is familiar with their work knows that they are geniuses. The amount of detail they put into their comedy, and the way they cleverly layer each episode throughout the seasons with recurring themes is awesome. They know that they have loyal fans who catch all these little things and that is satisfying for us fans. I would have to say my favorite episodes are Time Machine, Cyborgs and the story of the toad from season one. I have had the pleasure of seeing them perform on stage as well, with their improv and they are truly something to see. Their longform improv is brought together with such skill, it is amazing to watch. The ASSSSCAT Improv special aired on bravo where they did a televised version of ASSSSSCAT, their improvised stage show and if people enjoy it, it could possibly become a series which would be incredible. Amy Poehler is the only female of the UCB and she is in my opinion the most talented comedienne/actress there is. Matt Besser is amazing, Ian Roberts is so committed and Matt Walsh can be so sweet and heartbreaking. The four of them together round out the perfect group, and can literally pull off anything together. Oh I also really love the Saigon Suicide Show episode from season one too. I am waiting for season 2 and 3 to come out on DVD if comedy central would ever release them!!! They just released a film they did called Martin and Orloff, and I am still wondering about an all improvised film they did called Wild Girls Gone. This group is truly amazing and will hopefully live on for years and years and years performing together.