V Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

1 Word: Wow

  • Avatar of Blixke

    Blixke

    [1]Mar 25, 2009
    • member since: 11/14/02
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 53

    What a Cast.

    I have the original miniserie on dvd (didnt liked the season that followed it so much for some reason) and i loved it so much that im so excited to see what they will do about it, specially with this day and age technology.

    And what a cast, so many faces from so many good shows as lost, smallville, 4400, firefly...

    Can't wait to see the results and they better get more then a season

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Glenny4

    Glenny4

    [2]Mar 27, 2009
    • member since: 11/27/03
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 1

    My all time best Scifi Show

    So really can't wait for this, great looking cast so far it's going to be epic in scale more on the lines of Heroes i would expect.

    Lets hope this will be all done fantastic and it spans 10 years or more

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jaredzusmc

    jaredzusmc

    [3]Apr 10, 2009
    • member since: 11/07/04
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 50

    WoW is right.

    I'm hoping this is going to become a fave of mine. I hope the producers give us a really new spin on it as well. Not sure I want to see the same 1980's reptilian aliens. It'd be too unoriginal for an alien species.

    Gonna keep my eye on this one.

    J.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of staind47

    staind47

    [4]May 19, 2009
    • member since: 05/13/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 777
    Never heard of it. But a serialized show with Lost's Juliet....I'm so watching it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of VConn

    VConn

    [5]May 19, 2009
    • member since: 08/24/08
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 815
    I just watched the first sneak peek that was released by ABC apparently only a few days ago, Can't wait to see more sneak peeks especially ones that are situated after the aliens true intentions are revealed.

    POSSIBLE LOST SPOILER ALERT

    3

    2

    1

    I haven't seen the end of the current series of LOST yet but I imagine Juliet dies at some point since she is playing one of the main characters in V but then again they are on the same network so I guess in theory she could do both but she'd have to be hooked up to a mighty strong power/energy supply.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jeffrey9910

    Jeffrey9910

    [6]May 20, 2009
    • member since: 04/10/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 18

    I never have watched the 80's version but have to say, no matter how bad the show is, I'll watch it due to the cast.

    As for Elizabeth Mitchell, there was no indication at the end of the season that she was dead. So really not sure what's going on there. But she isn't a original Losty, as she was already on the island when the plan crashed. So maybe that's why she won't be a regular on the show next season. Howefv

    However the show is on ABC, so I'm guessing it'll be cancelled by episode 5.

    Edited on 05/20/2009 5:14am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of staind47

    staind47

    [7]May 20, 2009
    • member since: 05/13/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 777
    The president of ABC said she'd be juggling both shows.....so he kinda spoiled that she still would be in Lost. Somehow.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NKwulf

    NKwulf

    [8]May 20, 2009
    • member since: 08/31/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 130

    spoilers from the trailer

    3

    2

    1

    they are lizards.

    Which begs the question..Why redo the show. They should have done The Second Generation novel.

    I know that its Updated for "todays" time but its going to SUCK if this show gets canceled..and we are yet again with out closure!.

    Edited on 05/20/2009 1:47pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Chouette57

    Chouette57

    [9]May 20, 2009
    • member since: 05/23/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 3

    OMG Wow for sure! I loved this series in the 80's and a couple of years ago I bought it and viewed it with my 20 years old son who is a fan of sci-fi. He loved the show and couldn't believe that it was made in the 80's because it was so well made. I just love the idea that they want to bring back this amazing series with such an outstanding cast! I just can't wait for it to begin...!!!!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AnilThornberry

    AnilThornberry

    [10]May 21, 2009
    • member since: 06/06/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,416
    I loveeee Elizabeth Mitchell. Can't wait for this show. Looks so exciting!
    But I hope she plays on Lost at the same time, I love Juliet as much as Elizabeth.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dewbak75

    Dewbak75

    [11]May 22, 2009
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,105
    I've never seen any part of the original V, but I'm definitely looking forward to this version, if only for the cast. Not one, but TWO Firefly vets! Plus, Elizabeth Mitchell & Joel Gretsch should never not be on TV. And having the two of them in scenes together? Jackpot!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of The-1337

    The-1337

    [12]May 22, 2009
    • member since: 04/23/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 73
    The trailor looks pretty awesome. Hopefully the ratings will be good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kok_warlock

    kok_warlock

    [13]May 22, 2009
    • member since: 09/29/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 311

    The-1337 wrote:
    The trailor looks pretty awesome. Hopefully the ratings will be good.
    Considering it seems ABC will already green light Flash Forward, this show has very good chances of not seeing the light of day.

    I just saw the trailer, and damn, this looks great, what an awesome cast, firefly, the good cast from Lost and Smallville, I can't really see 4400's Joel Gretsch as priest tho, frankly, I liked him better as the bad guy in Taken then the good guy in 4400.

    Edited on 05/22/2009 6:34pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of staind47

    staind47

    [14]May 23, 2009
    • member since: 05/13/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 777
    kok_warlock wrote:

    The-1337 wrote:
    The trailor looks pretty awesome. Hopefully the ratings will be good.
    Considering it seems ABC will already green light Flash Forward, this show has very good chances of not seeing the light of day.

    I just saw the trailer, and damn, this looks great, what an awesome cast, firefly, the good cast from Lost and Smallville, I can't really see 4400's Joel Gretsch as priest tho, frankly, I liked him better as the bad guy in Taken then the good guy in 4400.



    How do you mean? In the upfronts guide, they show ABC picked up both Flash Forward and V. It will see the light of day, just don't know for how long.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kok_warlock

    kok_warlock

    [15]May 27, 2009
    • member since: 09/29/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 311
    staind47 wrote:
    kok_warlock wrote:

    The-1337 wrote:
    The trailor looks pretty awesome. Hopefully the ratings will be good.
    Considering it seems ABC will already green light Flash Forward, this show has very good chances of not seeing the light of day.

    I just saw the trailer, and damn, this looks great, what an awesome cast, firefly, the good cast from Lost and Smallville, I can't really see 4400's Joel Gretsch as priest tho, frankly, I liked him better as the bad guy in Taken then the good guy in 4400.



    How do you mean? In the upfronts guide, they show ABC picked up both Flash Forward and V. It will see the light of day, just don't know for how long.


    Not sure where I read, but I definitely read somewhere that because ABC already picked Flash Forward, V had low chances of life, that was after the initial articles that claimed ABC had already picked both series.

    PS: I hope this get green lighted, I saw a sneak peek at Flash Forward, and it didn't look very good, but it's only a sneak peak, so one can't be sure.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of karlandi

    karlandi

    [16]May 28, 2009
    • member since: 08/20/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 195
    I had no idea at all that this was even being considered for a return , but OMG I cant wait. I watched this show back in the 80's and it is STILL one of my favorite scifi story lines ever. For those of you who have not seen the origional mini series and follow up short lived series I HIGHLY recommend you do. With current state of sci fi shows on TV (T:TSCC , cancelled : Kyle XY , cancelled : BSG , ended, and so on heh , only thing left is Heroes) I really hope people watch this so it sticks around.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kok_warlock

    kok_warlock

    [17]May 30, 2009
    • member since: 09/29/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 311
    karlandi wrote:
    I had no idea at all that this was even being considered for a return , but OMG I cant wait. I watched this show back in the 80's and it is STILL one of my favorite scifi story lines ever. For those of you who have not seen the origional mini series and follow up short lived series I HIGHLY recommend you do. With current state of sci fi shows on TV (T:TSCC , cancelled : Kyle XY , cancelled : BSG , ended, and so on heh , only thing left is Heroes) I really hope people watch this so it sticks around.


    I looked for it, the original, in video stores and in the internet, and didn't find anything, with a name like "V", it's a bit hard to look tho, gonna try some more tho.

    PS: I live in brazil, so that makes it even more difficult.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of karlandi

    karlandi

    [19]May 30, 2009
    • member since: 08/20/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 195

    kok_warlock:

    Finding a dvd copy of the V miniseries etc will be extremely difficult especially since you are in Brazil.

    OK I searched Google for "V" miniseries (quotes around V) and came up with a possible solution for you. About 1/2 way down the first page was http://www.google.com/products?q=%22V%22+mini+series&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS318US318&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=WRAiSoiAMoz4Md_F5LwJ&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=7&ct=title

    Also im not sure you can watch this ,but if you wanna "try before you buy"Google is hosting the first part of the miniseries here (cough cannot copy/paste in mozilla if you edit?)

    Edited on 05/30/2009 10:22pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.