V Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

Bright Future

sinjaceheroes

[1]Nov 3, 2009
    • level: 14

Well, it looks like V is a great sucess so far. I loved how they hit all the points at the same time; religion, politics, etc.

Though I have to wonder, one of the best questions that the Writers have completely missed or eluded was the easiest; "Why do you look like us?" This could have been a great first discussion of the series. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if I saw a spaceship in the sky, I WOULD be surprised if the aliens looked like us!!!

I loved the small hints, (although I dont think anyone who is not familiar with the original would have picked up) is how Anna kept blinking rapidly, as some reptiles do. I also liked the fact that the aliens are reptiles. Not that many of them are portrayed as such. But just wonder, if the meteor (or whatever it was that killed the dinos) hadn't killed most of the reptiles on Earth, thus giving a new path for the small and pathetics mammals...what would we have been? And would humans exists at all? As reptilian beings? Ta-da! You have the Visitors!

I do wonder what the reason for the Visitor's arrival is...? If I'm not mistaken, the reason is not the same as the original. But a new one. We saw clips of human bodies and snakes in some sort of pod...are they trying to create a new hyrbid? Or are they trying to interbreed with us to gain our genes? But then, they should have a thousand ways to mix the species if they can cure 67 of the greatest diseases that are. So, mating wouldnt exactly be the most useful of ways....

Hmm, it makes one wonder!

I do hope it is not the same reason as the stupid aliens in ID4 had; "They go from world to world, mining them dry and moving on."

I would not be comfortable with that. And I think many of you would agree with me.

So, I will shut up now and ask you what you all thought!

P.S. Loved the special effects!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sirius452

[2]Nov 3, 2009
    • level: 10

Actually one of the questions the reporters asked Anna was "why do you look like us?" It was just before she is asked why they are all so beautiful.

I thought it was really good. I like that there are V's that were already here and the idea of a resistance. Oh, and the shuttles. I like those.

h00plah

[3]Nov 3, 2009
    I liked the pilot. Even though in the beginning things were a little stiff and boring, the episode really picked up the pace by the end of it and it really leaves a good taste in my mouth afterwards. I'm going to keep watching "V" and see where it goes. 8/10 for the pilot, Can't wait for more to be honest.

KingofIPirates

[4]Nov 3, 2009
    • level: 32
    I thought it was absolute crap and I can't see it having much of any future after the season opener if this trend continues.

Chaos_Zombie

[5]Nov 3, 2009

KingofIPirates wrote:
    I thought it was absolute crap and I can't see it having much of any future after the season opener if this trend continues.

Sorry to hear you feel that way but so far it looks like you are one of the few. :-P

I think it could have a bright future but I wonder how much the hiatus will affect things. I imagine if the ratings are horrible it may never go on air again but if it does really well in November they better try to bring it back earlier. You can leave an audience hanging and expect them to stick around.

Human_Typhoon

[6]Nov 3, 2009
    • level: 5
    I also thought it was pretty terrible.

ooominhooo

[7]Nov 3, 2009
    • level: 11
    Most of the episode was a bit slow and the story was just "ok", but hopefully it will have more action and gore that was shown at the end in future episodes.

But for some reason I think it's going to be slow and boring with action only in a few random episodes.

I want to see a giant lizard being!

Maxximus_Prime

[8]Nov 3, 2009
    • level: 8
    I thought it was okay. It started out slow and had good and bad points, but one thing I liked was Chestnut's character being one of the planted Visitors and an apparent member of the 5th Column network. That was a nice twist.

They should have found a way to revamp those Orange uniforms with the logo. That alone nearly made the original series.

scottd2242

[9]Nov 3, 2009

I enjoyed it. Glad they have to start the resistance over from scratch, it seemed too soon.

sinjaceheroes

[10]Nov 4, 2009

One of the points I hated though, was when the Resistance leader blamed the Visitors for "all the unnecessary wars, economical troubles, political problems and extreme religions..."

I had a BIG problem with that statement.

So, what... humans are basically lovely and perfect evangelical beings that do no evil, greed, violence or insanity? Everything wrong with the world is the Visitor's fault? Hitler was a Visitor, Stalin was a Visitor? Napoleon?

No. I disagree with that statement in its entirety.

Oh, and P.S. Resistance Leader (whose name I didnt even memorize) ALL wars are unnecessary.

Chaos_Zombie

[11]Nov 4, 2009
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

Oh, and P.S. Resistance Leader (whose name I didnt even memorize) ALL wars are unnecessary.

Not necessarily...

haldrey

[12]Nov 4, 2009
    • level: 22
    This show is not made of gold so it will not appeal to everyone, but it is very near to a gold one and looks like it will have many followers.